Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Not much to say, it was just another day at the office for you! Nice way to finish up the map with Groom Marth at the end though. I'm sitting on a couple of Cains and I've pulled a few Cordelia's recently. I wish I could give them to you in exchange for Chroms.

I would gladly give you some Chroms, even if I'm playing with the though of trying out some stuff with Aether.

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I hit my head against this one for a long time. For a while I wasn't entirely sure I could do it. Sadly for this one I needed to revamp M!Morgan heavily. For starters I had to ditch Close Counter. He never would have utilized it anyway but it's a core skill that I never took off Matthew so it felt wrong doing it, but it was necessary. [...]

Too bad about CC, what it's very much worth to watch regardless. Did you try Drive ATK seal? 

It's cool to see Morgan killing those blue units with the help of his buffs/debuffs. Funnily Priscilla does nearly more killing than healing this time.

37 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's crazy that just 2 pages back is my original clear for this map. For this clear It was really nostalgic and I wanted to do it a bit differently but time was short. [...]

I didn't make the direct comparison to your old clear, but only the fact that Matthew finishes the boss of the map in one-round, regardless of color-disadvantage speaks for itself and shows the development you were speaking of. 

Looking forward to Takumis return myself, but also to your re-runs of Takumi and Valter. 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Morgan did some work in that first video! A combination of seals, attack skills and persistance- it's great to see you pull it off!

as for your second clear, as mampfoid said, it's quite impressive to see Matthew finish off Lyon, weapon triangle disadvantage be damned!

@Zeo Holy hell that 1 Hp clutch with Amelia! It's always interesting to see skills like Atk+3 being used in this Furious world but that makes it all the more impressive. Ninian dealing so much damage also surprises me even when it makes sense thanks to adaptative damage, still that was really cool! 

Your main team had no issues, they just teared through the map like it was nothing. Matthew taking Lyon out was really cool considering he had WTD but it's not surprising, he is strong like that. It was interesting that you gave the last kill to Ayra even when Genny could've done that herself, guess it was to even the kill count a bit. 

@mcsilas Why no S! Innes? You disappoint me, go pull for him and record again :P . Just kidding, Tana and Ephraim work together nicely. Well done!

Have you try Legendary Ephraim with different build? I have a friend with high merge of him. His build is Galeforce, Fury, Desperation, and Heavy Blade seal. Dang! after he is in Desperation range he won't stop because of the auto follow up and Galeforce. He is a deadly sweeper. It's amazing and fun to use.

@Zeo Gosh! Matthew with Ignis is so deadly. Even if my Shiro can survive this, he will be severely injured for sure. Finally Morgan with Luna, he can pierce through blue units now. Close call on Amelia survive with 1 HP. Great job everyone!

@GinkoI tried but he didn't want to show up so I just settled for his sister :P

@Zeo I forgot to mention, but I totally feel you on the part about exact positioning of units and how the AI varies wildly depending on who is where.

For example, in the second video, the reason Ephraim had to move down away from the rest of the team (despite Tana wanting those sweet buffs) is so that the green manakete and blue mage moves down, splitting the forces up.

And yes echoing others, Matthew Ignis bombs are always so satisfying

• 3 weeks later...

@Zeo @mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid

Almost a whole month late but here it is I guess.

This clear was mostly used as an experiment for some of the brand new (at the time anyway) units I had. The thing I was looking forward to the most was trying out this experimental set on Canas and the shiny new Armads that L!Hector wields.

Armads did actually come into play right at the beginning which is what prevents the doubles from the green manakete and blue mage. Even LA!Hector wasn’t able to take on those two as well L!Hector did so I guess not foddering him off immediately was the right call after all.

Canas had to have a high cd special and I even had to take off Ostia’s pulse from Hector. Any earlier and it would have been impossible to take out the blue manakete

All Myrrh needed was to take off fury. In general it’s really more of hindrance than anything else anyway as her stats are all good without it anyway.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:07 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

This was hellish. I tried so many different teams before landing on jackpot. I still can’t believe I managed it. This is the first time not using Fir, Matthew, or Dorcas for one of these. :sob: (I also made a custom thumbnail because otherwise it’d look like the same video as @ShadowYoshi)

On 1/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

I was gonna post this earlier but I wasn’t sure if I should.

Anyway even though I already beat this GHB before it kinda felt like a loss because I wasn’t able to do it with my usual team so I tackled it again and triumphed. It was as simple as not separating my team into two forces (idk why I was so adamant about it before) a bit of seal shuffling, some positioning play, a bit of baiting with Fir, and using both Death Blow and Poison Strike on Matthew for maximum chip (suddenly impulsive death blow is coming in handy)

edit: there’s no audio and I’m not really sure how to go about fixing that so just play some FE8 music if you watch it. Or don’t I guess.

@Zeo a bit off topic but the thumbnail makes me think of Chad instead of Matthew.

I forgot about these. They were done like forever ago they’re outdated by my standards. I wish I would’ve gotten around to redoing these. I figured I should at least acknowledge them.

Also sorry for double post but I couldn’t edit the last post.

@NegativeExponents- 

Trying out new units is fun, especially if they are as good as Hector and Myrrh. I like how Myrrh is trolling Lyon and charging her special at the same time. She also brazenly interrupts the final epic show-off between Lyon and Canas. 

- - -

Soup Takumi is the only Takumi I'm missing, nice how to see him doing more than only debuffing. 

Funny how long it takes until Roderick gets his first attack, but he takes out an important foe with the green Cav. Well played to leave Azura always in range of the blue foes. 

- - -

Strange, but I've never seen a Vantage Fjorm before, very fitting for this clear.

Fir could have killed the armor in the and, if she didn't draw back Matthew but used his debuffs instead. 

- - -

All together nice stuff to watch, also the older clears. Nothing is like the other and especially the last one was some piece of work I imagine. 

@NegativeExponents- I'm glad you brought me back to this topic. It reminded me of something that I needed to do but hadn't.

God L!Hector is such a beast. Crazy thing is he isn't even the highlight of this clear. Canas surprised me a lot. Sure he had a blade tome and that can make just about any mage good, but the amount of work he put in and more shockingly the amount of punishment he was able to take was awesome (almost makes me want to build him). Myrrh is always good but taking 2 hits from a red mage was eye popping as well while Serra proves she can take a beating herself. Myrrh having just enough damage to clip the green mage cav was a nice touch as well. Most epic part of the video was Canas vs Lyon. I actually had to go back and watch that part again, which should speak for itself.

Music selection was awesome. Epic clear as always. I can't believe you didn't post this before. Shame on you.

Now on to the long awaited response... I've finally gotten to it.

@Rafiel's Aria I'm not going to lie, I was kinda expecting to cringe, that wasn't bad writing though. I was impressed. Usually characters in fanfics I read (which I don't btw) tend to be completely or mostly out of character with the things they say or do but you nailed the characters which shocked me. The synergy with the clear was spot on as well Every now and again I think about doing stuff like this with my clears, but it would just be too time consuming to do. Anyways, Great clear. Sorry it took so long to finally watch it. 

And with that, we're finally, officially caught up. 

Edited by Zeo

@NegativeExponents- Nice crowd control there, and I'm impressed with Canas!

Also those manaketes were pretty annoying especially with things like Lunge and just being general bulky.

I wish I had a Myrrh!

Also really enjoyed the use of NYtakumi and Roderick. it's nice to see units that aren't used that much! As for the other old video, yeah I didn't think about separating until much later as well (see the L'Ephraim, L'Arachel, Lute, Joshua clear). It's amazing what you can do once you split the enemy forces and manipulate the AI

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Okay, between here and YT, a lot of people are talking about having cleared this GHB over the last 24-48 hours, but I don't see it in the Special Maps.  What am I missing...?

Lyons rerun is over since about two weeks? Seems like these guys found only now the time to finish their video editing. 

I'm not doing great edits, since I'm doing most things on mobile and have no idea of music or editing. 

• 1 year later...

Another GHB I was able to take on with these revivals~ This Movement Quest also served as a Sacred Stones theme!~

Took a bit to pull this one off, but it ended up just being the order of attack on the blue mage that allowed us to get the win~

I remember this was an absolute motherfucker for me when it first came out. The solution somehow involved Joshua, in his first and possibly only competitive appearance for me.

Rolling over it effortlessly with an essentially three-man team was so, so cathartic.

@Landmaster Nice movement themed clear! Garm + Special Fighter is so much fun to use. Using Innes to tank the pegasus knight was kind of scary though. L!Eirika also looks interesting to use, she's pretty offensive with her reach.

Gosh now that makes me want to do a Garm + Gleipnir clear against Lyon (aka Stealing your country's weapons) but his map already ended

@mampfoid @Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @Alexmender @Ginko @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy

So Lyon is back, and who better to welcome him back than some Fallen units to entice him more to the darkside?

Team is +Atk/-Res Fallen Celica, +Spd/-Def Fallen Berkut, neutral Fallen Delthea and +Atk/-Res Female Grima

Music is Darkness from Persona 3: FES

- @mampfoid Smite strats! Celica flexed her fallen muscles to smite Delthea across the map and quickly delete enemies. Delthea needed a Spd +3 boost to double the manakete at the start though.

- Grima's mobility helped move units away as she flexes a Brazen + Vantage build. F!Celica also finally sees more combat use proving she's a lot more physically bulky than one would expect.

- F!Berkut had the important job of baiting those effective damage users around the map. Technically he didn't need to bait the mage in the end but in my original clear the dragon separated slightly so I could bait the Blarwolf mage with Berkut safely. Mainly I just wanna show how Berkut flexed his Res against the Wolf tome. I sort of forgot how it ended up so he didn't really do much battle in this clear despite impressing me the first time.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:25 PM, mcsilas said:

- @mampfoid Smite strats! Celica flexed her fallen muscles to smite Delthea across the map and quickly delete enemies. Delthea needed a Spd +3 boost to double the manakete at the start though.

Smite + fallen theme, I like it! You combo clears the map working well together, will we see more of them? I think Lyon might have been too scared afterwards to convert to the evil side. 

Berkut would be a welcome pity breaker for me, he looks so cool while tanking effective damage. I hope we'll get other units like him in the future. 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:25 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Nice movement themed clear! Garm + Special Fighter is so much fun to use. Using Innes to tank the pegasus knight was kind of scary though. L!Eirika also looks interesting to use, she's pretty offensive with her reach.

Gosh now that makes me want to do a Garm + Gleipnir clear against Lyon (aka Stealing your country's weapons) but his map already ended

So Lyon is back, and who better to welcome him back than some Fallen units to entice him more to the darkside?

Team is +Atk/-Res Fallen Celica, +Spd/-Def Fallen Berkut, neutral Fallen Delthea and +Atk/-Res Female Grima

Music is Darkness from Persona 3: FES

- Smite strats! Celica flexed her fallen muscles to smite Delthea across the map and quickly delete enemies. Delthea needed a Spd +3 boost to double the manakete at the start though.

- Grima's mobility helped move units away as she flexes a Brazen + Vantage build. F!Celica also finally sees more combat use proving she's a lot more physically bulky than one would expect.

- F!Berkut had the important job of baiting those effective damage users around the map. Technically he didn't need to bait the mage in the end but in my original clear the dragon separated slightly so I could bait the Blarwolf mage with Berkut safely. Mainly I just wanna show how Berkut flexed his Res against the Wolf tome. I sort of forgot how it ended up so he didn't really do much battle in this clear despite impressing me the first time.

Smite seemed really fun to play around with. Or maybe Celica just likes pushing people around. Delthea and Grima had a field day here, though Celica got to show off at the end. Berkut’s Res is so powerful, even a Wolftome didn’t do much to him, fun fallen team!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, Yggi said:

Here's my Infernal run and the units used:

-Reinhardt +1(+atk -res) with Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Speed 3, +1 atk (SS);

-Arvis +2(Neutral obv) with Valflame, Ardent Sacrifice, Iceberg, Swift Sparrow, Recover Ring, Def Ploy 3, Brash Assault 1 (SS, useless in this run, a DD3 seal would have worked better);

-Deirdre (+Def -Hp) with Divine Naga, Ardent Sacrifice, Glacies, +Speed 1, Quick Risposte 3, Speed Ploy 3, Atk ploy 3 (SS)

-Ninian (the usual one, with crappy IV's and skills)

Updated the clear with the often overlooked Jugdral characters.