Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What kind Merrics were there?

All four were merged.  I think there was a blade, a raven, an original tome, and I forget the last one.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Making dark magic all colors would mean giving every tome user access to dark magic. Reminder that magic in Heroes is divided into the categories of "red magic", "blue magic", and "green magic" and not "fire magic", "thunder magic", "wind magic", "light magic", and "dark magic".

I don't understand, what's downside on giving each color their own dark mage unit?

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I don't think people said that for Oliver

I like fighting Oliver, though I didn't enjoy beating him as much as I did on Arvis. I tend to get really engage whenever it's a villain/antagonist.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't give up. I really wanted those 2,000 feathers and another red mage. I just had to improvise a lot more towards the end than I thought. Really a lot... But do wish that for once, a video would work for me entirely instead of just halfway... I'd save a bunch of stamina.

Here:

http://yaycupcake.com/feh/

Have fun looking for the best guide.

48 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Did anyone find this GHB to be easier than the last one?

I oddly did. Does this makes me officially a whale?

36 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Merric > Nino tbh @Arcanite

Good thing moxie isnt here

Since you insist on taunting me, I'm not watching your video out of protest! HMPH!

1 hour ago, Breezy Kanzaki said:

Editing is for chumps, and so is using popular units!

Apparently I need to get on the Clarisse boat, since I'm obviously missing something!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Here's the outline I saw in the video I used:

- Archer
- Dancer
- Falchion
- Blue mage

If there's an archer, I'm using Leon.  I had a bunch of dancers, and any of them would've worked, but for the sake of colors, I went with PA!Azura.  My Falchion was a Lucina with Fury and Shove.  The blue mage was the difficult one - my Reinhardt isn't ready for such shenanigans, Ursula doesn't want anything to do with this map, and everyone else had questionable banes.  I settled on Spring Lucina, who is -Atk (but has Swift Sparrow to make up for it).

Leon did most of the heavy lifting - with a dance, he could take out anyone not named Lyon.  Spring Lucina baited Lyon and killed him.  Lucina OHKO'd the green dragon and tanked the Firesweep guy.  Azura sang like crazy.

Shove was the MVP skill - without it, I wouldn't have been able to execute one of my turns.

A friend of mine used smite once to blast their Ike through a wall on Lilina and Cecilia BHB one time. One of these days I want to do something similar

But I remember using shove on gordin for Michalis' GHB when it first came out... those were the good old days heh heh

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Since you insist on taunting me, I'm not watching your video out of protest! HMPH!

HMPH!!

But the strat required CC on Merric, and Nino wouldn't have been able to tank all of that. So in this case, Merric was pretty useful.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

HMPH!!

But the strat required CC on Merric, and Nino wouldn't have been able to tank all of that. So in this case, Merric was pretty useful.

Nino wouldnt be able to tank all that because everyone died in PP

Got Lunatic with 5* Fjorm, Julia, 4* Olivia and Clarisse, after too much trial and error by 1-shotting the blue manakete and having Fjorm 1-round Lyon, dealing with everything else from there easily.

Infernal is surprisingly annoying to get set up with specific units, as there are some strats I can pull, but awkwardly.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You are wrong.

I cracked

I watched the video

I finished 3 turns earlier than you, 2 if you want to be cheeky and count the turn I took to set up

Admit that Merric is worse than Nino or your skill is inferior

Wow.... I actually struggled a lot with this. I think it took longer than usual because I started to get frustrated. Changing strategies awakened reinforcements on different turns which was a pain. >.< But I finally did it with flier emblem. I don’t think I will even attempt a Lucius clear on Infernal.

It took a bit to figure it out, but:

• 5* Klein (+Atk/-Def) - Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, Quick Riposte 3, Savage Blow 1 seal
  • 4* Olivia (neutral) - Silver Sword, Dance, Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 2 seal
  • 4* Tailtiu (+Res/-HP) - Blárblade, Rally Resistance, Atk/Res 1, Drive Spd 2, Squad Ace B 1 seal
  • 5* Marth: Enigmatic Blade (neutral) - Falchion, Fortify Def 1 seal

cleared Infernal. I wanted to use a 4* Klein, but he didn't pack enough of a punch.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't understand, what's downside on giving each color their own dark mage unit?

Dark magic (Flux, Ruin, Fenrir, Fenrir+) can then be taught to any tome user through skill inheritance, which basically just turns it into "generic magic". Which makes it even less interesting than it already is.

Basically, it becomes more generic than breath weapons, and breath weapons at least have the excuse that there are so few units that can use them that they're justified sharing weapons between colors.

1 hour ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Well none of the Manaketes in this one had Lightning breath so they were easier to deal with

Ah, that would explain so much.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dark magic (Flux, Ruin, Fenrir, Fenrir+) can then be taught to any tome user through skill inheritance, which basically just turns it into "generic magic". Which makes it even less interesting than it already is.

Basically, it becomes more generic than breath weapons, and breath weapons at least have the excuse that there are so few units that can use them that they're justified sharing weapons between colors.

What about exclusive Dark Tomes like Goteia. Granted it's not available yet, but is it really fair just to be behind only one color? Should they really be treated like the other legendaries?

@mampfoid @Vaximillian @Arcanite Decided to test out my newest build idea for Clarisse. I call this run: "The One Where Clarisse Kills Everything And Olivia Almost Dies But It's Cool She's Fine Don't Worry"

Also, special thanks to @Zeo for being an inspiration for this build in the first place. Your dedication to making a more unique build for Matthew is super cool, and you helped me realize how Clarisse might be built to make use of her own bow. Does she run this build best? Probably not, but it's her bow, and she deserves to use it.

...Also special thanks to @Arcanite for helping me with uploading this, because I'm bad with technology.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I cracked

I watched the video

I finished 3 turns earlier than you, 2 if you want to be cheeky and count the turn I took to set up

Admit that Merric is worse than Nino or your skill is inferior

Who did you use? I banned myself from using Blade tomes, Brave Bows and non-infantry. Also tried to limit myself to one mage, so it fell to Merric.

28 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Who did you use? I banned myself from using Blade tomes, Brave Bows and non-infantry. Also tried to limit myself to one mage, so it fell to Merric.

oh I assumed you saw the video i had, which was why you tagged me but I guess not

Dual Memes of Mercy + Neowi heh

On the dark magic bit the way I would like to see it done if it would become shared would be to add an additional variable to character data that specified if they were a dark mage. Thus the only mages capable of using the dark magic tomes are those who could in their original game. Which when I think about it is quite a few. So maybe that wouldn't be much of a limit after all.

On topic I was hoping to get to tackle this with an upgraded phone, but it seems it was DoA. Yay! I get to talk with Customer Service! Anyways Lunatic gave enough trouble. So I just went and Horse'd it at infernal, I figured a dead on arrival phone was enough stress for one day. I actually had a few close calls. Roy made it out by the hair of his chin, and as you can see he doesn't really have much there.

I....somehow did infernal with Horse Emblem and Axura in the end. Don't think i could replicate it now but I was just responding to reinforcements.

all i remember is one key moment was the blue mage moving down on the right side instead of left because Xander was in the lower left of the map. Not sure if him having Vantage instead of QR is a factor or not.

Another important factor was Xander being low in health so Axura can teleport next to him and bait the blue mage with her Triangle Adept. Because there were only 3 safe spaces in the left corner and Axura wouldn't been too far to reach the danger zone next to Xander normally.

I also finished off Lyon asap in turn 3, baiting him with Reinhardt then finishing him off the next turn. I was under the impression this would stop the reinforcements as the armours appeared but the green horse mage and blue wyvern rider appeared many turns later- i think just as I defeated the dreaded blue mage.

other important bits were Reinhardt having Lancebreaker and maybe Death Blow 3 (although he's +Res, and he had Heavy Blade seal) and Brave Lyn having Mulagir and Atk+3 skill with Fortify Cav support for Xander while the other cavs had Hone Cav.

tumblr_p379svwiGO1qcrdmuo1_400.pngtumblr_p379svwiGO1qcrdmuo2_400.png

Okay did it with my second account and Brave Bow Lyn works. Reposition also is a good move and I didn't have to use Azura (NY Azura in this account) to tank blue mage.

Edited by mcsilas

@DefaultBeep Wow that are some expensive skills on her. I was like "what the hell is he doing leaving her exposed to that Cav" because I didn't realize Clarisse had CC until then. 

Very original clear, but why does your Lucina has got less than 1k HM? 

@SatsumaFSoysoy Merric is killing surprisingly much, cool guy. As far as I remember Marth didn't need to heal anyone. 

@Hilda That map gave the perfect occasion for some beaming action. I like how Sharena needs spurs from both her team mates to finish the last armor. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Merric is killing surprisingly much, cool guy. As far as I remember Marth didn't need to heal anyone. 

Yeah, I didn't need to use her healing, but I brought her along just in case, since Merric would need to tank some things. I could have just used my Life and Death Lucina.