Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

Hey, I figured out how to record my screen on iOS! Now I can show off Clarisse in action~ And show off how twitchy I am whenever I play Heroes.

Poor Tiki never even gets to use her Special. I wonder how different this might've been if I had bothered to give her Moonbow yet...

Edited by DefaultBeep

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wanda You really think Arvis and Valter aren't that good? Sure Arvis's stats aren't spectacular, but life ring basically lets him run fury for free if he's not too thing more than once, maybe twice, per turn, which gives him pretty decent stats, notably 36 res. Yeah, his health is crap, but a health seal gets it to 38 which isn't amazing, but is decent enough to take a hit from most physical enemies. Life ring also makes him the ideal combat medic.

Valter doesn't have the offense that Tana and Cordelia do, but he's pretty physically bulky and can bait things fairly well and still have decent enough PP, 50/39 default offensive stats. If you want to go more PP-centric you can do L&D +SPD for 55/41 and still actually have decentish physical bulk at 42/29.

I mean they aren't game-changers by any means, but I'd say they're probably some of the better GHB units. Arvis especially actually surprised me; I was expecting him to be really mediocre and life ring to be meh, but he's actually proved pretty solid.

Anyway, to Lyon. Did hard first to get a feel and was worried about infernal with how many reinforcements there were, but it wasn't too bad actually. I'm nowhere near enough feathers to 5* Lyon, but not super sure if I will anyway. We'll see when the time comes.

Lyon himself doesn't seem too bad, but a +3 might raven tome is a bit disappointing IMO as others have said.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hey, I saw Arc record their clear and I wanted show mine!

Do your own thing for once!

The low quality though heh

I cut corners a bit... I know what I could do to make it better though

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

You really think Arvis and Valter aren't that good? Sure Arvis's stats aren't spectacular, but life ring basically lets him run fury for free if he's not too thing more than once, maybe twice, per turn, which gives him pretty decent stats, notably 36 res. Yeah, his health is crap, but a health seal gets it to 38 which isn't amazing, but is decent enough to take a hit from most physical enemies. Life ring also makes him the ideal combat medic

Yeah but how many teams will you need a medic over someone who can actually put in work, and murder peeps!?

That's really his main problem heh

Once again, I have managed to clear Infernal without any silly Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, or dancer. Feels good.

1. Julia (of course): +Spd/-HP; Divine Naga, Swap, Glacies; Fury 3, QR2, BoL3; Atk+3 seal, S-support with summoner and Lucina
  2. Lucina: +Atk/-Spd; Falchion, Reposition, Aether; DB3, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 3; Spd+3 seal, S-support with Julia
  3. B!Lucina+2: Neutral; Geirskogul, Reposition, Aether; Sturdy Blow 3, Vantage 3, Drive Spd 3; Hone Spd 3 seal
  4. Fjorm: Neutral; base kit plus Reposition and Def Ploy 1 seal

I didn't really have a strategy beyond turn 1 since I still am not sure exactly how the reinforcements are determined. I just hoped that I could power through the enemies quickly enough and Reposition out of the way when needed. Had a close call near the end with a green mage knight and axe pegasus double-teaming Lucina, but fortunately she had enough bulk to survive with a few HP left.

Wow, even with help, infernal isn't possible for me. I won't use videos because they never help. I won't ever have the exact same units and stats and skills and that means the enemy will behave differently. I even tried using a video again this time and this still happened.

So anyone making/sharing videos, you're wasting your time, honestly. They won't help much. The effort is nice, but unfortunately, the reality is that few people will get results from them.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah but how many teams will you need a medic over someone who can actually put in work, and murder peeps!?

That's what blade tomes are for :P

But yeah, I'm not saying he's amazing. He's just probably the GHB unit that seemed the most better in practice than he did on paper, at least to me.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, even with help, infernal isn't possible for me. I won't use videos because they never help. I won't ever have the exact same units and stats and skills and that means the enemy will behave differently. I even tried using a video again this time and this still happened.

So anyone making/sharing videos, you're wasting your time, honestly. They won't help much. The effort is nice, but unfortunately, the reality is that few people will get results from them.

And here I've had two people say my video helped them beat infernal. Not everyone is making videos specifically to help people ether. That's not why I did mine, I just have fun clearing things with only Soren doing damage and its fun to share stuff like that.

The thing about a lot of the videos is you usually can't follow them step by step because not all of the units are exactly the same. You need to mess around with what you have when there's a strategy that might work for you. 

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

The thing about a lot of the videos is you usually can't follow them step by step because not all of the units are exactly the same. You need to mess around with what you have when there's a strategy that might work for you. 

And I've tried that. Nothing has worked.

13 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Well if you're giving up on day one then that's on you friendo.

I didn't give up. I really wanted those 2,000 feathers and another red mage. I just had to improvise a lot more towards the end than I thought. Really a lot... But do wish that for once, a video would work for me entirely instead of just halfway... I'd save a bunch of stamina.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Falchion users can heal people and kill stuff.

Arvis can heal people and kill stuff.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's amazing how they've been trying to balance against Armors and Horses but always let fliers dominate.

There is this Archer Cav and the red armor sneaking in from below has panic ploy. But that didn't stop my four seasons team (or anyone who plays arena with flyers regularly). 

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hey, I figured out how to record my screen on iOS! Now I can show off Clarisse in action~ And show off how twitchy I am whenever I play Heroes.

I forgot how cool your Clarisse is. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Do your own thing for once!

The low quality though heh

I cut corners a bit... I know what I could do to make it better though

I like how you highlight the necessary things to win ... like Nino's 9999 SP. :-)

1 hour ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Well if you're giving up on day one then that's on you friendo.

tip: don't bother trying to encourage Anacybele; she *always* complains about the game being too hard, not having strong enough units, etc., etc.

anyway, i stayed up almost all night but finally beat infernal (i have very few 5* merged units). i ended up using titania 5* + 2, male robin 4* + 8, ninian 5*, and julia 5*. it was really close, though. if anyone's interested you can PM me for the skills and seals. they weren't anything too unusual but i don't want to bother looking them up unless someone really wants to know.

3 minutes ago, geozeldadude said:

tip: don't bother trying to encourage Anacybele; she *always* complains about the game being too hard, not having strong enough units, etc., etc.

Oh believe me, I'm well aware.

Spoiler

It entertains me

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure everyone says this every Grand Hero Battle, though.

I don't think people said that for Oliver

I guess?

but then again Oliver was "Atk Ploy - the GHB"

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You should look into the no SI/f2p videos.  No SI used, and only units that have been available without summoning.  If you don't have them, that's on you at that point.

And no, plenty of people can get help from videos.  Do not equate your own results with that of every other player in the game.

22 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Finished this GHB with the ussual Brave Roy shenanigans

Only thing to say is THIS IS EASILLY THE BEST GHB IN A WHILE

Ridiculously fun

While I felt it was really easy (accidentally took my Arena Offense team and beat Infernal first try), I do agree it was probably the best in a good long while.  While I beat it, I did feel like it kept me on my toes and felt like a real Fire Emblem map, rather than a cheesy gimmick fight that required specific niches to complete.

Though it may not be fair to call it the best in a while, since outside of Oliver it's been quite a few months since Arvis.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Have you tried Pheonixmaster1 videos?  He always say what units you can use in place of who he uses.  His video for this infernal uses Arvis  and  Fjorm with speed 3 seal as the heavy hitters a healer with less then 25 def and Olivia with hone speed one seal.  His videos are what I use and they work like a charm for me.   This GHB was giving me problems as well but that video made it a cakewalk.  You should look Pheonixmaster1 up on youtube and see if it works for you.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I went into Infernal blind with Deirdre, Micaiah, Axura, and Elincia. That didn't go well, but I got the lay of the land. I switched to a Flier Emblem team of Elincia, Cherche, Airzura, and S. Corrin, which proceeded to demolish the opposition. I forgot to equip them with seals, but it didn't matter. It's a fun map, and a flier team can make great use of the bottlenecks in the terrain to avoid getting overrun. Airzura and S. Corrin were the key members, since Corrin could nuke pretty much anything pretty easily.

5 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Have you tried Pheonixmaster1 videos?  He always say what units you can use in place of who he uses.  His video for this infernal uses Arvis  and  Fjorm with speed 3 seal as the heavy hitters a healer with less then 25 def and Olivia with hone speed one seal.  His videos are what I use and they work like a charm for me.   This GHB was giving me problems as well but that video made it a cakewalk.  You should look Pheonixmaster1 up on youtube and see if it works for you.

I think I've heard of him. But I already found a way to win the map, so yeah. Still, I'll consider him for future GHBS and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I've heard of him. But I already found a way to win the map, so yeah. Still, I'll consider him for future GHBS and stuff.

That is good:)  Just keep him in mind next time you have trouble.