Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

what joke character can we vote in, we've already got Dorcas and Arden

Dheginsea

Anyway, if Rein does manage to meme his way to the top, what do you bet they make him a sword cav, give him the Blessed Sword as basically a 12-14 might brave sword, and boost his speed by 5 or def by 2 and res by 3? I feel like that's the only way they could be true to him, argue he's better than vanilla Rein (lol yeah right), and not actually snap the meta in half all over again.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

All my votes are going to Percival and Palla even if they don't have a shot in hell of winning. Anyway, Im a little concerned by their saying Special Heroes. I guess the CYL2 winners won't be sticking around :\

I think it's safe to assume the Special Heroes Summoning Event listed in the schedule has nothing to do with CYL2. They will likely come much further down the line like the original CYL characters did.

3 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I think it's safe to assume the Special Heroes Summoning Event listed in the schedule has nothing to do with CYL2. They will likely come much further down the line like the original CYL characters did.

If you check the More Info on it, it says "Just as in the first Choose Your Legends event, the top characters will appear in Fire Emblem Heroes as Special Heroes sometime in the future!" They even actually have special heroes highlighted like in my quote.

I'm wondering if they'll be both temporary and no freebie this time.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I really, really hope that this will exclude the winners of the last one, or even better, anyone that is currently in the game to allow those who aren’t be recognized. The latter is pretty unlikely but I just kinda hope there’s a way to outline the characters that aren’t in the game yet that people want.

I think my votes will be Cynthia 4x, Sumia, Katarina, and to shake things up, Ilyana. 

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

If you check the More Info on it, it says "Just as in the first Choose Your Legends event, the top characters will appear in Fire Emblem Heroes as Special Heroes sometime in the future!" They even actually have special heroes highlighted like in my quote.

I'm wondering if they'll be both temporary and no freebie this time.

I highly doubt they'd do that. After how they treated the original CYL heroes, I see no reason for them to treat CYL2 differently. Removing the free unit of your choice I could see happening, but if the originals were added to the pool, I don't see why they'd make the round 2 characters limited event units.

I just took it to mean the same sort of they they said about the original CYL, albeit phrased differently. Can any Japanese players confirm whether it uses the same terminology used for limited time units in the JP version too?

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

what joke character can we vote in, we've already got Dorcas and Arden

Glade. Everyone! Vote for Glade so he can have the honor of having won last place and first place in the CYL voting contests. :p

Like many others, I am hoping that the prior victors are excluded from winning since it would be cool to get different CYL characters. I'm definitely going to vote for Minerva, probably more than once. We need more versions of her! And the Whitewings! Also high on my list are Tiki, Mia, Est, and Micaiah.

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Nevertheless, I will try to make Minerva Emblem a reality.

This is the best suggestion in this thread yet!

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I have been alternating a cat and Sharena as my userpic since February.

Ever think about put up... Catrena?

9 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I highly doubt they'd do that. After how they treated the original CYL heroes, I see no reason for them to treat CYL2 differently. Removing the free unit of your choice I could see happening, but if the originals were added to the pool, I don't see why they'd make the round 2 characters limited event units.

I just took it to mean the same sort of they they said about the original CYL, albeit phrased differently. Can any Japanese players confirm whether it uses the same terminology used for limited time units in the JP version too?

I was actually thinking the other way around. People are probably more likely to spend on them if they're temporary and in the grand scheme of things, one neutral copy of one hero probably isn't going to make much of a difference in their revenue. I'm guessing the people who'd be satisfied with one version of a unit are the ones who probably wouldn't spend much, if any, anyway.

I really do hope it's not the case and we get both, but it seems suspicious that they'd specifically highlight the same terminology they use for seasonal units.

@Ice Dragon Since you're the only person I know of on here who speaks Japanese and I'm pretty sure is currently online.

Edited by bottlegnomes

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I really do hope it's not the case and we get both, but it seems suspicious that they'd specifically highlight the same terminology they use for seasonal units.

@C. Turtle

In the Japanese in-game bulletin, they use the words "a special version of the hero" (特別versionの英雄, "tokubetsu-version no eiyuu"). The term localized in English as "Special Heroes" on banners is "super heroes" (超英雄, "chou-eiyuu") in Japanese.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

There is always Kellam.

He's in the game though. I have a +10 Kellam, he is so good! Did you not get him before?

Marth may not be such a bad idea, best lord.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

@C. Turtle

In the Japanese in-game bulletin, they use the words "a special version of the hero" (特別versionの英雄, "tokubetsu-version no eiyuu"). The term localized in English as "Special Heroes" on banners is "super heroes" (超英雄, "chou-eiyuu") in Japanese.

Much appreciated, and that certainly bodes well.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

@C. Turtle

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it might have just been poor wording on the part of the translation.

I hope they only allow one vote per character this time, would make it more of a proper popularity contest imo. Otherwise those giving multiple votes to the same character have a much bigger impact on the results compared to those that spread their votes out, which feels kind of unfair.

11 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I was actually thinking the other way around. People are probably more likely to spend on them if they're temporary and in the grand scheme of things, one neutral copy of one hero probably isn't going to make much of a difference in their revenue. I'm guessing the people who'd be satisfied with one version of a unit are the ones who probably wouldn't spend much, if any, anyway.

They called them "special heroes" the first time too so I don't think you need to read too much into the terminology they're using.

59 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Go for M!Robin. XP

We need Levin Sword Robin!

That would be cool, but I doubt he could pull it off.

2 minutes ago, bun said:

I hope they only allow one vote per character this time, would make it more of a proper popularity contest imo. Otherwise those giving multiple votes to the same character have a much bigger impact on the results compared to those that spread their votes out, which feels kind of unfair.

Indeed, but I doubt they'll do it. This is a contest, not necessarily a straight popularity contest though.