Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Can you say that anywhere close to a third are rallying behind Ephraim? Just because more people are campaigning, doesn't mean more people are going to vote for him. It could very well be just a bunch of loud people grasping at straws.  Maybe he'll do well, he does have memes like Ike, but you  seem a bit overconfident. Much like Ephraim himself.

Also, let's not forget that Chrom may have picked up fans from that gauntlet too and his greatest inhibitor, Lucina, will likely not be participating. 

I'm not saying Reddit is an end all be all indicator.  I'm just saying it's an indicator. And if you compare an Ephraim campaign post to a Marth campaign post, the Marth posts are getting a lot less up votes and comments.  So it's not just the campaigners.  As I said though, the biggest two factors are how the JP vote and how the casuals vote which we have no indication. But it looks like Ephraim has a solid chance at winning from what we can look at.

Edited by Lushen

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I'm not saying Reddit is an end all be all indicator.  I'm just saying it's an indicator. And if you compare an Ephraim campaign post to a Marth campaign post, the Marth posts are getting a lot less up votes and comments.  So it's not just the campaigners.  As I said though, the biggest two factors are how the JP vote and how the casuals vote which we have no indication. But it looks like Ephraim has a solid chance at winning from what we can look at.

There is nothing for certain. Ike was separated into two and both of his versions made it to the top 5. Lyn ended up also winning for the girl side, and it seemed rather surprising that she would win, though I wasn't that surprised given that she is one of the protags of the first Fire Emblem game that ever went outside of Japan. But still seems to have been a surprise. 

Just cause you think Ephraim has a solid chance by no means means that he does. 

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Can you say that anywhere close to a third are rallying behind Ephraim? Just because more people are campaigning, doesn't mean more people are going to vote for him. It could very well be just a bunch of loud people grasping at straws.  Maybe he'll do well, he does have memes like Ike, but you  seem a bit overconfident. Much like Ephraim himself.

Also, let's not forget that Chrom may have picked up fans from that gauntlet too and his greatest inhibitor, Lucina, will likely not be participating. 

not confirmed yet and I doubt it until the sites up even then there is still Masked Lucina and RD Ike to go into. 

If I actually decide to vote, I'm definitely putting in a vote for Tormod and Rath. Possibly Takumi, although he at least got attention recently so I'll have to think about it. If not him, Oboro. Eirika, Reinhardt, and Olwen most likely. Maybe Miriel or Laurent. Eliwood so he could get a better portrait. Ike and Roy, despite being two of my favorite characters, already had their CYL forms so not voting for them. I could go for Saleh, Guy, or Innes. Marth if I run out of options, because it's Marth. I'm not giving any Nohrian a single vote. Lyn and Lucina don't need any more votes either.

Edited by Sunwoo

14 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

not confirmed yet and I doubt it until the sites up even then there is still Masked Lucina and RD Ike to go into. 

I doubt Masked Lucina would pull that much weight except maybe for true diehard Lucina fans (though I'll admit she did surprisingly well the first time). It makes sense for them to at least take out the winners, but this is IS, so I have no clue to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I doubt Masked Lucina would pull that much weight except maybe for true diehard Lucina fans (though I'll admit she did surprisingly well the first time). It makes sense for them to at least take out the winners, but this is IS, so I have no clue to be honest. 

Agreed.  In fact, I don't think RD Ike will do too hot either.  Even among people who love Ike I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm anywhere for another Ike.  I think people feel like the previous winners already won and are uninterested in going through the effort a second time.

I was more surprised that Lyn was able to beat Lucina the first time around.

Edited by Lushen

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

They've already updated most of the portraits last time I checked. Though I just checked that Echoes is missing and that Echoes only characters aren't appearing in Gaiden. Which is strange since the site does have their portraits that you can access by typing the image address in the URL.

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com Probably this site. I think the game will give you the link with the daily notifications.

I've seen this said  few times, yet every time I checked, no such thing was ever seen. Unless, its cause I'm looking at an older version of it and there's another URL that I don't know about....

18 hours ago, Lau said:

I could hug you.

I really hope they don't split the votes again, it hurt a lot of characters really bad last time. For example, Marth, if his votes weren't split, would've overtaken Chrom I'm sorry bby and sit nicely in 4th. Hopefully, IS has realised this.

I like hugs

Doubly so, though to be honest, I've a feeling that's still going to be the case.

Giving all my votes to Micaiah like I did the first time. Timing is great this time around with her getting released on FEH just recently and being a really good unit and a waifu. Her banner will even still be around for the first days on the event.

56 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The Poll is entirely a popularity contest nothing more if people want said character they'll pick said character I never heard of official polls of any media(games or anime) excluding someone because they previously won. If anything they don't care if the winners will be the same all that matter is how much profit they'll make at the end.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

40 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

The Poll is entirely a popularity contest nothing more if people want said character they'll pick said character I never heard of official polls of any media(games or anime) excluding someone because they previously won. If anything they don't care if the winners will be the same all that matter is how much profit they'll make at the end.

Then what's the point? So we can have the same four win again? 

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Then what's the point? So we can have the same four win again? 

I mean, as unfortunate as it sounds, that's kinda how these things go. The only questions now are, whether said characters will get another version and how far of a range "top heroes" will be

EDIT: CONGRATZ, THIS IS POST #4000. #Milestones

Edited by Motendra

Seeing 3 Hoshidans in the top 3 of Fates warms my heart. However, Pent and Louise aren't top 5 of Blazing Blade?! Wow! That saddens me... But... My spirits are lifted at seeing Morgan and Noire in top 5 of Awakening!

Anyway, I'm voting for Oboro all the way this time. Not just because I love her more than any other character, but because she deserves better art.

3 hours ago, Jave said:

Giving all my votes to Micaiah like I did the first time. Timing is great this time around with her getting released on FEH just recently and being a really good unit and a waifu. Her banner will even still be around for the first days on the event.

Oh yesh Jave!, Micaiah was just released in the best time possible to still be relevant in something unlike... her other possible appearance in the spotlight

I want so much to have an alternative version of Micaiah; and giving her more fame will help to complete (someday) my biggest dream ever :D

Let's go Micaiah! Let's see if we can go even higher this time!

Edited by Troykv

Of all the characters I want to vote for, Hector and Ephraim have the best chance of getting that CYL version, so I'm alternating votes for them. I refuse to vote for any unit that already has 2 or more variants in the game already as a matter of principle.

The warriors OCs being completely absent definitely makes it seem like IntSys has no intention of ever adding them to heroes.

Most, if not all of my votes would probably go to Quan.

I don't know how he would fare in Round 2, but I'm curious to see if his results turn out better or worse than they did the previous year. 

Edited by Zhu Qiao

6 hours ago, Motendra said:

I've seen this said  few times, yet every time I checked, no such thing was ever seen. Unless, its cause I'm looking at an older version of it and there's another URL that I don't know about....

A few haven't been updated especially the first few. You need to scroll down to see the ones that have had their portraits updated.

Seems like IS pushed forward CYL2 by a day. Something similar happened with Joshua's TT and the version 2.0 update.