Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

I've just realized something about Echoes. It didn't have any official polls which means they might use data from Choose Your Legends 2 to determine which characters from the game might appear in spin-offs or get merchandise.  So I think it's a good idea to throw one  vote to your favorite character. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

So how would that work? Would he still be a swordsman or would he use other General weapons?

Yeah, PoR and RD generals could use swords so he's still just be a sword user. I guess for stats difference from his BK self, up his res and health and drop his attack and speed a little. Skills he could get a 2 charge Luna to keep him from being completely outclassed by Black Luna. Weapon's tougher since DC is pretty hard to compete with. Maybe built in DD so he could stack DDs or DD/CD and still run DC. Or maybe like built in steady breath.

16 hours ago, Icelerate said:

It's time to vote for general Tauroneo. 

More love for Tauroneo is always great to see :) Bryce would be awesome too. Heck, if they ever actually did a Four Steadfast Riders I'd probably fling every orb I had at them. On a side note, skimmed your topic, but I didn't see any mention of his boss convo with Bryce which surprised me a little. IMO does a good job of adding to both their characters.

Still, gotta do what I can for my waifu and and whichever BAMF paladin I end up going for.

Edited by bottlegnomes

55 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I just hope we don't see the same four of the last CYL. They got their chance to shine, time for other get the spotlight. I expect Ephraim to be one of the male winners, with Chrom possibly in second place.

My prediction is that Hector will be first and Chrom and Ephraim will be 2nd and 3rd.  I think it'll be like Chrom v Ephraim in the VG and I'm hoping Ephraim wins but it'll be by a hair.

I do not expect Marth to be anywhere near Ephraim.  If the smash fanbase was big enough to get Roy to win and they're gone, Math will drop considerably.  RD Ike is probably out of commission this time b/c PoR Ike just won and a lot of his fans don't seem enthusiastic about voting for him again (some do, but it seems like most won't).  Other than that, Corrin and Robin could rise but I don't think it's likely.

I'm worried that IS allows us to vote one male and one female this time in which case Ephraim will be screwed.  The only reason Ephraim is in the game is b/c most of the casual fanbase is going to vote for females.

Edited by Lushen

12 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, PoR and RD generals could use swords so he's still just be a sword user. I guess for stats difference from his BK self, up his res and health and drop his attack and speed a little. Skills he could get a 2 charge Luna to keep him from being completely outclassed by Black Luna. Weapon's tougher since DC is pretty hard to compete with. Maybe built in DD so he could stack DDs or DD/CD and still run DC. Or maybe like built in steady breath.

More love for Tauroneo is always great to see :) Bryce would be awesome too. Heck, if they ever actually did a Four Steadfast Riders I'd probably fling every orb I had at them. On a side note, skimmed your topic, but I didn't see any mention of his boss convo with Bryce which surprised me a little. IMO does a good job of adding to both their characters.

Still, gotta do what I can for my waifu and and whichever BAMF paladin I end up going for.

To be fair, I'm actually going to vote for Micaiah but I do want to spread Tauroneo love. I rushed that thread, and in hindsight, should have fleshed him out more. The conversation with Bryce proves that while Tauroneo is extremely loyal, he's also rational unlike Bryce. Who exactly are you going to vote for? 

14 minutes ago, Lushen said:

My prediction is that Hector will be first and Chrom and Ephraim will be 2nd and 3rd.  I think it'll be like Chrom v Ephraim in the VG and I'm hoping Ephraim wins but it'll be by a hair.

I do not expect Marth to be anywhere near Ephraim.  If the smash fanbase was big enough to get Roy to win and they're gone, Math will drop considerably.  RD Ike is probably out of commission this time b/c PoR Ike just won and a lot of his fans don't seem enthusiastic about voting for him again (some do, but it seems like most won't).  Other than that, Corrin and Robin could rise but I don't think it's likely.

I'm worried that IS allows us to vote one male and one female this time in which case Ephraim will be screwed.  The only reason Ephraim is in the game is b/c most of the casual fanbase is going to vote for females.

It sounds like RD Ike and Masked Marth were removed as well as the previous winners, so Ike won't be a problem. Marth being split will probably screw him over again. Hector is almost certain to be a winner, with second probably being between Reinhardt, Ephraim, and Chrom.

18 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

To be fair, I'm actually going to vote for Micaiah but I do want to spread Tauroneo love. I rushed that thread, and in hindsight, should have fleshed him out more. The conversation with Bryce proves that while Tauroneo is extremely loyal, he's also rational unlike Bryce. Who exactly are you going to vote for? 

3 or 4 to Palla for sure. I adore her as a character and she carried me through FE3 book 2 so much that I'm still sad she's so mediocre in Heroes. The remainder I'm still a little up in the air about. I'm leaning toward Percival, but Camus, Zeke, or Ares are also possibilities. Sirius is out just because I'm not a real big fan of masked characters.

Tauroneo and Bryce, along with Micaiah if it's a rather vain reason comparatively for her, I'd like to, but I feel like I should concentrate my votes to actually make a slightly larger impact. For Micaiah, I love her light priestess outfit, but I've never particularly liked her normal outfit, so maybe if she got a CYL version, she'd get her LP outfit or something else super adorable like wearing Sanaki's clothes. Actually, I may have talked myself into Micaiah over Palla since Palla doesn't have a shot in hell of winning. This is tough :\

Bryce I figure has a halfway decent shot at being a GHB down the line.

Edited by bottlegnomes

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

3 or 4 to Palla for sure. I adore her as a character and she carried me through FE3 book 2 so much that I'm still sad she's so mediocre in Heroes. The remainder I'm still a little up in the air about. I'm leaning toward Percival, but Camus, Zeke, or Ares are also possibilities. Sirius is out just because I'm not a real big fan of masked characters.

Tauroneo and Bryce, along with Micaiah if it's a rather vain reason comparatively for her, I'd like to, but I feel like I should concentrate my votes to actually make a slightly larger impact. For Micaiah, I love her light priestess outfit, but I've never particularly liked her normal outfit, so maybe if she got a CYL version, she'd get her LP outfit or something else super adorable like wearing Sanaki's clothes. Actually, I may have talked myself into Micaiah over Palla since Palla doesn't have a shot in hell of winning. This is tough :\

I like Light Sage outfit the most. Speaking of Bryce, too bad he barely shows up in the story. Only towards the end do we see him so he doesn't leave much of an impact. 

I think Hector and Chrom have the biggest advantage but I wouldn't discount the other characters who scored in the top ten. Excluding the Ikes and Roy the most likely candidates to have a chance of overthrowing the assumed victors would be marth, robin, and ephraim. It helps that a lot of the votes for the previous winners will work towards other characters and the awareness of the more "niche" characters has improved. My guess is that it will primarily be a fight between marth and chrom for who gets second place with ephraim landing at fourth and robin at fifth.

Edited by MisfitMiju

14 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I like Light Sage outfit the most. Speaking of Bryce, too bad he barely shows up in the story. Only towards the end do we see him so he doesn't leave much of an impact. 

Looking through them again, I like that one more than I remembered, but I'll admit I have a bias toward lighter colors on non-armor outfits. Really anything except her Awakening art would be an improvement over her default outfit IMO. It's just so drab.

Yeah, I wish Bryce had more of a recurring role like Petrine or the BK. He didn't necessarily need to be actively involved in the story like them, but he is Ashnard's primary retainer so like have him show up in the scenes with Ashy. But even with only that little bit of screen time, I've always felt like he was the best Camus (even if I prefer Camus because he's a class I like more and is so badass) since he manages to hold true to all the normal tropes but also subverts the the whole blind loyalty. He is loyal, but he's also a tired old man who's too stuck in his ways to change even if he knows they're terrible. Had he been younger or even just less burned out, he might've been Tauroneo. In general PoR did a great job of giving characters a little more nuance IMO.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Well if what I heard about what's going down with this round is true its because IS wants to make other characters get other new versions and new art still gonna make usual bank. But even then I'm predicting for top 2 males: Hector and Chrom, for top 2 Females Camilla and Tharja (Azura could be a surprise push) but I'll see in a week.

Hmm, my predictions are a bit different, at least if we see Echoes characters, and not Gaiden ones (I think art-style can be a big difference for people who want to choose a character). So, Hector might actually be the first, but I think Alm or Saber would be more popular than Chrom, meaning the second place in male category. As for females, Tharja probably wins, but the second place might be Celica or Azura. I don't think Camilla will be one of the winners, but hey, anything is possible. Either way, I'll probably gonna go for Leon, because as good as an archer he is in heroes, since the release of B!Lyn there is just no place for him in most of my teams, even though he is my favourite character from Echoes. Or maybe I will throw a vote or two to Faye, I haven't decided yet.

I'll go ahead and predict Hector, Robin, Tharja, and Azura as the winners this time. Their Brave versions will be inspired by their children, so mage Hector, Levin Sword Robin (exception because Morgan is basically mini Robin), archer Tharja, and Kinshi Knight Azura. 

I just don't see Chrom or Camilla doing as well this time.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

I'll go ahead and predict Hector, Robin, Tharja, and Azura as the winners this time. Their Brave versions will be inspired by their children, so mage Hector, Levin Sword Robin (exception because Morgan is basically mini Robin), archer Tharja, and Kinshi Knight Azura. 

I just don't see Chrom or Camilla doing as well this time.

Hector would probably use a Sword (the brave heroes used their alt weapons if they had one, Ike with an Axe and Lucina with a Lance).I highly doubt Azura jumps up in popularity enough to win. Micaiah or Eirika, however, I could see getting a lot of popularity from Lyn (and Micaiah from Ike), and potentially winning. None of the winners had much overlap with Azura in terms of popularity though, outside of maybe Lucina, so I don't think she'll go up too much. Likewise, I think Hector and Ephraim both get a large boost from Ike's removal due to being similar personality types; brash lords who enjoy fighting. I think that Robin, Corrin, and Marth could stand to benefit a lot due to the previous winners all being Smash characters like them, but I think Smash will play a much smaller role this time as well as all three of them being split between two forms could hurt that.

All in all, I am predicting Hector to definitely get 1st or 2nd, with the other male being Ephraim, Chrom, Reinhardt due to memes, or Marth. For females, I am predicting either Tharja or Camilla (though they could be hurt by already having alts) and Eirika, Micaiah, or maybe, maybe Azura to be the other. The Robins and Corrins also could stand a chance in either gender.

^I doubt "Alts" will factor in just majority in popularity also Azura will definitely get a big boost if Lucina is absent since she's the second coming.I'm not sure Ephraim will be in the top 2 slightly higher but not to Chrom position. Micaiah I wish for that lovely Senri Kiya art. Again no one should say "this character won't do good this time" since you can't underestimate fans of said character/s there's a reason there big in the first place.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

So who do I want added? Well Norne and Malice from FE11/12 (very obscure characters), Marisa, Gerik, and La'rachel from FE8, Haar,Jill,  and Zihark from FE9-10, Sumia, Noire, and Severa from FE13 (Selena does not count), FE14 Charlotte and Shigure (we need their normal versions I mean). But as to who I'm voting for....Probably Severa tbh.

16 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

^I doubt "Alts" will factor in just majority in popularity also Azura will definitely get a big boost if Lucina is absent since she's the second coming.

I remember hearing Azura was being pushed as the second Lucina, but I thought she flopped in popularity when Fates was released? Manufacturing a character who is designed to be popular doesn't always turn out that way.

I know she isn't hated, and being a main character forces some popularity on her. Plus a few of her supports if we want to get into the nitty gritty, the Arthur, the Kaden, the Laslow, the Takumi, are well liked I've heard. And her singing has its fans (I'd rather Silence Lost in Thoughts), while her appearance isn't too ridiculous or anything. But on the negative side, the handful of close critics blame her on letting Birthright and Conquest happen for no reason, and she is rather emotionless.

I'm not taking a side here- for I choose not to know the characters of Fates and SoV, and am trying to forget that of Awakening.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, I wish Bryce had more of a recurring role like Petrine or the BK. He didn't necessarily need to be actively involved in the story like them, but he is Ashnard's primary retainer so like have him show up in the scenes with Ashy. But even with only that little bit of screen time, I've always felt like he was the best Camus (even if I prefer Camus because he's a class I like more and is so badass) since he manages to hold true to all the normal tropes but also subverts the the whole blind loyalty. He is loyal, but he's also a tired old man who's too stuck in his ways to change even if he knows they're terrible. Had he been younger or even just less burned out, he might've been Tauroneo. In general PoR did a great job of giving characters a little more nuance IMO.

Bryce, as well Bertram and Lanvega all needed more. Petrine and the Black Knight get plenty of time as Ashnard's Riders, and Tauroneo and Greil have plenty as Steadfasts, but the remaining three are undercooked.

I think it is retroactively saying something that Ashnard never converses with Bryce in "Stratagem in Black Armour" scenes (those set in "Daein Keep"- really Castle Crimea). Ashnard doesn't kill off or remove Bryce probably because he has remarkable fighting skills and isn't actively opposing or hindering him, but at the same time sidelines him from all major discussions because he is so conservatively old-fashioned in his ways. Not until the very final battle recognizing that Ashnard is not a typical king in the slightest, when you'd think the choice to abandon Daein would have set off a red alarm.

The plus of adding Bryce would be the Wishblade. Only Levail (who shares in being blind to the greater happenings) otherwise has a first class claim to it. I'm a little amazed that Nephenee, out of blatant favoritism, didn't bring it with her.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not taking a side here- for I choose not to know the characters of Fates and SoV, and am trying to forget that of Awakening.

Bryce, as well Bertram and Lanvega all needed more. Petrine and the Black Knight get plenty of time as Ashnard's Riders, and Tauroneo and Greil have plenty as Steadfasts, but the remaining three are undercooked.

I think it is retroactively saying something that Ashnard never converses with Bryce in "Stratagem in Black Armour" scenes (those set in "Daein Keep"- really Castle Crimea). Ashnard doesn't kill off or remove Bryce probably because he has remarkable fighting skills and isn't actively opposing or hindering him, but at the same time sidelines him from all major discussions because he is so conservatively old-fashioned in his ways. Not until the very final battle recognizing that Ashnard is not a typical king in the slightest, when you'd think the choice to abandon Daein would have set off a red alarm.

The plus of adding Bryce would be the Wishblade. Only Levail (who shares in being blind to the greater happenings) otherwise has a first class claim to it. I'm a little amazed that Nephenee, out of blatant favoritism, didn't bring it with her.

While I personally quite like Awakening's cast, I can see that, but why SoV? I've heard pretty much only positive things about them, and I personally like them quite a lot.

Bertram you think? I felt like RD gave him a decent enough backstory. There wasn't much that he could actually do as a rider and that was one of the thing I thought RD didn't completely drop the ball on.Bryce and Lanvega absolutely agreed. Lanvega didn't even get any art. Heck, we don't even know what class he was. It always came across as we talked about the old four riders but we only have three. Bryce could've been a little more like Brendan in FE7 where he's present and comes into play some, but for the most part just comes across as being pushed aside.

Yeah, I'd like Levail quite a bit too. I'm a sucker for Camus archetypes, but even with liking him, he wasn't nearly the quality of some of the others. I'm actually not sure who's more likely. Bryce seems far more popular within the FE community, but Levail had much more screen time and is much prettier. It'd be interesting to see if they give them different weapons if both actually manage to get in.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

While I personally quite like Awakening's cast, I can see that, but why SoV? I've heard pretty much only positive things about them, and I personally like them quite a lot.

You sure? I heard plenty of negatives about SoV. I personally liked it, but I've seen several people calling Alm the worst Lord, and this is with Corrin as an option. 

SoV really helped bring the story of Gaiden, polished a lot of stuff, but in some cases, they did sort of screw characters over. For one thing, Alm seems to have this kind of perfect charisma where all of the choices he has made were the right one. As a leader, he was pretty much won every battle without ever doubting his quest. Celica sought for a different route, but then she started screwing her character over by trusting a guy that was clearly evil. 

In the long run, Alm's route proved to be the right route, as he ended up fighting and ultimately ending the gods, whereas Celica's attempts for a peaceful end to the war was to seek out the goddess and have them solve the problems. She was ultimately wrong, and her choices ended up downing her character all the more. 

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You sure? I heard plenty of negatives about SoV. I personally liked it, but I've seen several people calling Alm the worst Lord, and this is with Corrin as an option. 

SoV really helped bring the story of Gaiden, polished a lot of stuff, but in some cases, they did sort of screw characters over. For one thing, Alm seems to have this kind of perfect charisma where all of the choices he has made were the right one. As a leader, he was pretty much won every battle without ever doubting his quest. Celica sought for a different route, but then she started screwing her character over by trusting a guy that was clearly evil. 

In the long run, Alm's route proved to be the right route, as he ended up fighting and ultimately ending the gods, whereas Celica's attempts for a peaceful end to the war was to seek out the goddess and have them solve the problems. She was ultimately wrong, and her choices ended up downing her character all the more. 

Alm, Celica, and Faye are the only consistent complaints I've heard, but those even are, in Alm's and Celica's cases, appended by but they're just so likable as people. There's always going to be complainers and that's how a lot of them seemed to me. They criticize Alm for being flawless and then turn around and talk about how awful Celica is for making mistakes. I personally can see the complaints about Alm's perfection, but he is just such a likable character that I don't particularly care. Celica I'm not in agreement with at all. Sure, we can criticize Celica's bad decisions since Jedah falls into every cliche about villains, but Celica doesn't have the benefit of seeing everything as a story and the people as characters who fit certain tropes. In her situation, most people wouldn't be willing to make the sacrifice she was and that should be admirable since she's in the metaphorical rock and hard place: She and all her friends probably die or she alone definitely dies. Sure it wasn't the right decision, but a ton of highly beloved fictional characters are know for their sacrifices which line up pretty much 1:1 with Celica's attitude.

I personally feel like the whole but Alm/Ike/whoever doesn't run into any issues is overblown in this community. Alm loses a leader of the resistance and has Clive constantly doubts him up to a certain point. He has to come to terms with killing his own father and he and Celica do butt heads, even if his decision ends up working out in the end. IIRC, he even worries about driving Celica away. It's a fairly traditional hero's journey with competent execution and a very likable cast.

I'm not saying any of FE's stories are Hamlet, but the complaints always seem to revolve around the same points and the critics always seem to be a vocal minority that just happen to not like a certain main character's look or personality and extrapolate that to the story being somehow worse than the others in the series. Anyway, back to the initial point, maybe not nothing but praise, but like 90% of everything I've heard is very positive toward SoV's characters.

Weird, I thought I already had an account here.

Anyway, all in for Finn... assuming they're not dumb this time and split him across three separate versions. If so, I guess I'll try Thracia Leif. I bet Hector and Reinhardt will do really well, but I just don't feel like there's much reason to vote for characters already in the game.