Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, JDraks said:

Right, her personality makes sense and I do like it, but I don't think her character is good enough to be the only factor behind being the third most popular FE character.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Sorry, I wish I could help her. There's a lot of characters I want to help, but I rather I just vote the characters that I like in my top 2.

I would actually that is her personality to begin with.

This actually goes on all the Awakening kids. The quirks and cases they have are nothing more than a method to cope with the ruined world. I mean, otherwise literally everyone would be like Gerome, the discount Batman of the series. 

However, yeah, I cannot say that Lucina would be the best character out of personality alone. But she has more than just her personality. Her story, what she does, and other factors is what makes her loved.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

However, yeah, I cannot say that Lucina would be the best character out of personality alone. But she has more than just her personality. Her story, what she does, and other factors is what makes her loved.

Or disliked as per me, but that's the nice thing about FE is that with so many games and characters within said games there is plenty of variety to provide players with units they enjoy using and/or engaging with.

9 minutes ago, Res said:

Threw in my first vote for Lukas, whom I wouldn’t have even considered last year. I’ll be curious to see how SoV’s characters fare this time round.

I'm very much eager to see that as well.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

This actually goes on all the Awakening kids. The quirks and cases they have are nothing more than a method to cope with the ruined world. I mean, otherwise literally everyone would be like Gerome, the discount Batman of the series. 

I wish we could see more of how that apocalypse future affected them but going off what I've seen it looks it's uncomfortable subject for them talk about. The only ones we get to see react to it was Owain, Gerome, Inigo, & of course Lucina.

I do agree what you said about Lucina overall, but she happens to be my favorite character so that's not really saying much.

36 minutes ago, AnimusMage said:

I wasn't trying to say that it's wrong to like a character in part because they're attractive or anything like that, but I can see how I could have worded that better. What I meant is that it seems to me that while there are plenty of fans also appreciate a female character's personality and her looks there seem to be just as many, if not more, who really only care about looks and fanservice when picking favorites. Especially since some ladies with, er, controversial personalities like Camilla and Tharja are so popular. Not to hate on those two (I actually really like Camilla!) but while I know a lot of their fans can look past their troubling qualities and still like them for their personalities there's also a lot who just don't care.

....Does any of that make sense? I apologize, I'm not especially articulate.

Not to worry, your intent is not lost on me! It seems that just happens to be an unfortunate reality that can't be helped then.

30 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I mean whenever falchion gets upgraded, Marth will get an upgrade.  The reason they haven't yet is because Falchion is still a solid weapon whereas durandel was pretty bad.  I don't think appearing in more banners really makes you more popular, but maybe that's just my view.  

I still don't think you can say that IS abandoned a character that they promote like crazy in all their other games.  This is literally the only game where he is misrepresented, if at all.  I would say Sothe and Micaiah being so late is more of an insult than only appearing in one banner despite being a 4*.

Its not directly about popularity though. Aside from having an alt, other characters have been appearing either via events or focus for even the most menial things, such as having a certain skill or weapon. This alone, is how some units get any focus at all, which is all I could really ask for tbh. Even a simple Escape Route banner would have been enough. Granted, there has yet to be a case where the skill would desirable, so I suppose that can't be helped at the moment. As for if Falchion gets an upgrade, that's kinda what I'm here for. Either that, or a new skill, whichever works or comes first, though both would be even nicer.

So then we're in agreement that he's misrepresented. Mind you that I'd have been in the same boat were it anyone else. Note that we're talking in the context of Heroes. It took Cipher quite a while before it got representation for every single game in the series, which even then, there are a few loose ends. As for Sothe & Micaiah, while that is true, them being so late works in their favor in that they are built in a way that they wouldn't need any buffs (at least, not for a while). 

Okay, so I'm voting on my computer (linked to my Nintendo account) in which I'm giving all my votes to Micaiah.

But I'm also voting on my cell phone with no linked account, and I'm giving the following votes:

1.- Micaiah
2.- Mareeta
3.- Cynthia
4.- L'arachel
5.- Mia
6.- Velouria
7.- Undecided (Convince me!)

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Okay, so I'm voting on my computer (linked to my Nintendo account) in which I'm giving all my votes to Micaiah.

But I'm also voting on my cell phone with no linked account, and I'm giving the following votes:

1.- Micaiah
2.- Mareeta
3.- Cynthia
4.- L'arachel
5.- Mia
6.- Velouria

Tauroneo. Is that enough to convince you? 

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

1.- Micaiah
2.- Mareeta
3.- Cynthia
4.- L'arachel
5.- Mia
6.- Velouria

The Hero-King wants YOU!

Just now, Jave said:

1.- Micaiah
2.- Mareeta
3.- Cynthia
4.- L'arachel
5.- Mia
6.- Velouria

Provide your aid to the leader of the Whitewings, the girl who puts the Ace in Macedon, someone who refuses to kneel against the evils of powercreep, and has both pegasi and wyverns at her command it's the illustrious Red Dragoon-Minerva.

Vote for Micaiah? Hmm... What say you, Henry?

Spoiler

MgjrZSe.png?1

A very emphatic no, I see. Very well. You've yet to steer me wrong, my friend. 

Anyways, my Day 2 vote went to someone I actually like: Cordelia. I'm sticking with my three votes to Leo, three votes to Cordelia with the last one going to Klein plan and no amount of convincing is going to sway me from it, I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Okay, so I voted for Chrom again, but I have a dilemma. I am tempted to vote some for Robin and Morgan, and this Marth fervor also sways me a little in his direction. That said, Chrom has the best chance of winning.

No, definitely do Robin and Morgan!! *is not biased*

Welp, looks like I missed a day of voting, so I only get six votes. Working 3rd shift definitely messes up one's schedule a bit...

Anyways, I have a revised list from the last. 1-3 remain the same, while 4-6 are different characters.

1. Micaiah (She got my first vote last time and still has it this time. I like our Silver-Haired Maiden.)
2. Ephraim (I have a huge fondness of Sacred Stones since it was my first Fire Emblem game. Also, it's Ephraim!)
3. Hector (It is Hector, nothing else needs to be said. Specifically, I am voting for Blazing Sword Hector.)
--4. Celica (She is a new addition to this list. I added her because it seems she has a shot at winning.)
--5. Berkut (While Berkut is already in the game, I want the alternative version of him. And it needs to play his theme every time he enters into battle. Also, Berkut's VA is top notch.)
--6. Veronica (Since Heroes is apparently available, I went with Veronica for kicks. I do not know if she actually has a chance or not, but I would like to see her [and Bruno] playable at some point.)

Honorable Mentions
Arthur - Alas, Justice did not make the cut. I love Arthur, but now the voting is live I rather vote for characters that have a chance than pure favoritism.
Duessel - Poor Duracell. I wanted my Great Knight Sean Connery and he may have made it in the vote if I didn't miss the first day. He was my favorite character from Sacred Stones.
Nolan - I do not know how Nolan will be ascended to Legend status, but I'll be content with a vanilla version of him. Thus, his CYL vote goes to someone else.
Flora - Honestly, I just wanted vanilla Flora in the game at the time of the original voting. Now that I know how CYL works, I'll pass on Flora getting a special version.

8 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Provide your aid to the leader of the Whitewings, the girl who puts the Ace in Macedon, someone who refuses to kneel against the evils of powercreep, and has both pegasi and wyverns at her command it's the illustrious Red Dragoon-Minerva.

Damn, you're really tempting my inner Macedon here

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Okay, so I voted for Chrom again, but I have a dilemma. I am tempted to vote some for Robin and Morgan, and this Marth fervor also sways me a little in his direction. That said, Chrom has the best chance of winning.

Lucina is out of the ballot. The best thing to do for her is to vote for the man behind the legend that gave her hope. 

Well second vote went to Kaze, first was Naesala.  I am only voting for my favorites not in Heroes already in the hopes that they will be put in the game soon.

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Damn, you're really tempting my inner Macedon here

Lucina is out of the ballot. The best thing to do for her is to vote for the man behind the legend that gave her hope. 

Do it and help pave the pathway way to greatness with young pegasus knight Minerva or Minerva receiving a design that intertwines her normal armor aesthetic with royal regalia.

Just finished day two. Using the JP and old account means I have three different ballots to work with.

Main account: Hector, Selena

2nd and 3rd are for Brady and Lucius exclusively.

37 minutes ago, Jave said:

1.- Micaiah
2.- Mareeta
3.- Cynthia
4.- L'arachel
5.- Mia
6.- Velouria

Selena the Fluorspar needs you!

52 minutes ago, Jave said:

1.- Micaiah
2.- Mareeta
3.- Cynthia
4.- L'arachel
5.- Mia
6.- Velouria

You should definitely vote for Ronan because he deserves a lot more support than he gets.  

Day 1 - Mozu and Kliff

Day 2 - Morgan (F) and Kaze

I hope they don't decide my double accounts are sus, but if they do, it's really only 100 Platinum Points I'm losing, and each of the characters I've voted for losing one vote isn't going to change much.

I missed a day too, so only 6 votes to work with.

Here's what I will vote for. (Once I have voted, each one will be struckthrough):

• Zelgius (Radiant Dawn) - I don't care if it's a wasted vote. I/We want our red-armored Zelgius. I won't let IS live it down until this is rectified. But I will refrain from further complaints on the matter from now on.
  • Morgan (female) - Goes without saying.
  • Marth - Of all the popular recurring lords, Marth still has no alt even after a year. He needs more love. Luckily, I think Warriors has helped his case.
  • Nergal - We have Zephiel and we're about to get Lyon. We need Nergal to complete the trio of GBA main villains.
  • Leif - If it means we'll get our last remaining Lord in the game later on, then it's worth it.
  • Myrrh(Confirmed in the Sacred Memories banner) Nvm, guess that vote's going to...
    • Oswin - 1) I hear lance armors are very lacking in Heroes, and 2) I think Heroes could use more mentors/retainers like Oswin. Maybe Marcus could follow suit.
Edited by Baron the Shining Blade