Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I just realised I can't vote for the cipher character, yet I can vote for Brigand boss

Yup. You can vote for a literal no-name brigand. But Shade? Lianna from Warriors? [insert a Tokyo Mirage Sessions character here as I've never touched that game]? Nah. All of them are apparently unworthy of a CYL variant while the likes of Brigand Boss, Layla, and Amy are.

On 1/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, Lushen said:

My prediction is that Hector will be first and Chrom and Ephraim will be 2nd and 3rd.  I think it'll be like Chrom v Ephraim in the VG and I'm hoping Ephraim wins but it'll be by a hair.

I do not expect Marth to be anywhere near Ephraim.  If the smash fanbase was big enough to get Roy to win and they're gone, Math will drop considerably.  RD Ike is probably out of commission this time b/c PoR Ike just won and a lot of his fans don't seem enthusiastic about voting for him again (some do, but it seems like most won't).  Other than that, Corrin and Robin could rise but I don't think it's likely.

I'm worried that IS allows us to vote one male and one female this time in which case Ephraim will be screwed.  The only reason Ephraim is in the game is b/c most of the casual fanbase is going to vote for females.

Yeah, females usually dominate. But if this is like the previous, there will be the two tops per gender. I'm choosing Amelia, but I'm not expecting her victory XD

As I wrote in another thread before I realized it was the wrong one and made myself look like a moron...

Three days of Tiki. I'm considering Lyon next, but I also need to throw my boy Skrimir a vote, as well as best daughteru Morgan.

What am I to do with only seven votes? I wasn't born to make these kinds of decisions.

I'm in a dilemma. I'm running two NNIDs, meaning fourteen votes. I've already decided on throwing three votes each to Nagi, Idunn, Elice, and Palla, with the final two going to Limstella since Shade isn't an option, but I'm not sure if I should be going for a specific iteration of Palla since she appears twice, once in Shadow Dragon and once in SoV. Does anyone have a suggestion about which Palla to vote for? I know this looks like a stupid question, but it's one I'm still asking anyways.

Here is a thread on Reddit that compiles what a small subset of Japanese fans want from CYL2. Here are the results:

• 1. Marth (77)
  • 2. Micaiah (71)
  • 3. Lilina (70)
  • 4. Nino (67)
  • 5. Erika (63)
  • 5. Hector (63)
  • 7. Finn (58)
  • 8. Chrom (56)
  • 8. Takumi (56)
  • 10. Eliwood (52)
  • 10. Mia (52)
  • 12. Ephraim (51)
  • 12. Robin (M) (51)
  • 14. Leif (45)
  • 15. Soren (44)
  • 16. Tharja (43)
  • 16. Marisa (43)
  • 18. Ranulf (40)

I like this list. 

Edited by Icelerate

I know that list isn't representative of anything, but I enjoy the sight of Takumi at 8 with no Leo anywhere. Now if only the actual cyl result could look like that, I'd be very happy.

Between that list and the Reddit one that's been going around, I'm pretty happy with how the results among the more hardcore audience may be going. The casual audience is a toss up though. I wonder if they will release a preview of the results a few days before the end like last time, I fully expect it to be completely different if they do.

Edited by Book Bro

Male Robin needs to step up. He must win.

Also, I think with the release of the banner with new Eirika, it seems clear that either by CYL or another banner, we will inevitably get another Ephtaim, as an axe unit with the weapon Garm, the weapon that pairs with Gleipnir, the weapon that new Eirika has.

46 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Here is a thread on Reddit that compiles what a small subset of Japanese fans want from CYL2. Here are the results:

• 1. Marth (77)
  • 2. Micaiah (71)
  • 3. Lilina (70)
  • 4. Nino (67)
  • 5. Erika (63)
  • 5. Hector (63)
  • 7. Finn (58)
  • 8. Chrom (56)
  • 8. Takumi (56)
  • 10. Eliwood (52)
  • 10. Mia (52)
  • 12. Ephraim (51)
  • 12. Robin (M) (51)
  • 14. Leif (45)
  • 15. Soren (44)
  • 16. Tharja (43)
  • 16. Marisa (43)
  • 18. Ranulf (40)

I like this list. 

They know wassup. If they're any indication, I can only hope this keeps up

#RallyMarth

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

They know wassup. If they're any indication, I can only hope this keeps up

#RallyMarth

Hector is my favorite male lord but Marth is my favorite Smash bros character and main. I haven't played his games so I'm not a huge fan though. I want Hector to be number one but Marth being number 2 is fine. Not voting for Hector though, he doesn't need the spotlight much as his popularity is pretty insane. 

57 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

• 1. Marth (77)
  • 2. Micaiah (71)
  • 3. Lilina (70)
  • 4. Nino (67)
  • 5. Erika (63)
  • 5. Hector (63)
  • 7. Finn (58)
  • 8. Chrom (56)
  • 8. Takumi (56)
  • 10. Eliwood (52)
  • 10. Mia (52)
  • 12. Ephraim (51)
  • 12. Robin (M) (51)
  • 14. Leif (45)
  • 15. Soren (44)
  • 16. Tharja (43)
  • 16. Marisa (43)
  • 18. Ranulf (40)

I like this list. 

This is a rather disappointing list imo. But at least it's a small group of fans. Hopefully many more Japanese fans have better taste. No surprise that Marth is first here though, which is fine. It's the rest of the list I don't really like. Could be worse though. At least Camilla and Tharja aren't first/second.

I'm doing the same thing I did last time and giving all my votes to Arvis. I know he wouldn't come in first but hopefully I can help put him pretty high up in the ranks. (Also I honestly don't know what special costume he'd get beyond his Emperor design...) 

Though in actuality I should be probably be voting for Glade, we can't let him get last again! 

54 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

How's the Reddit poll going? I can't find it.

Also very pleased to see Lilina and Nino doing well.

Reddit poll closed b/c people started cheating to skew the results.  

Before it closed, Ephraim was ahead by about 100 votes.  So very close.  Now that Eirika has been announced, I'm guessing Ephraim will go up some more.  So what we have is that the english casual-hardcore (mid) fans are slightly skewed towards Ephraim and the japanese casual-hardcore (mid) fans are slightly skewed towards Hector.  I still think this is a good indication b/c most casuals will vote for females or Chrom (who is low) so they won't have a big impact on the male bracket.  It also seems to me that Ephraim is getting more hardcore (x7) votes while hector is getting more (x1) votes from people voting for other units too.

So I think it's a tossup

Edited by Lushen