Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

Getting really fucking sick of Camilla. Tharja dropped, why didn't she? Please let Eirika or Azura overtake her. I'm totally cool with Celica making #1, though.

Honestly, I'd love to see Veronica, Loki, or Laevatein make it high enough just to see how the devs would justify them in-universe (assuming we don't get to acquire normal versions of them prior).

Anna, though...her not even being in the top 20 females saddens me.

As for the guys...Ephraim is cool, but I don't think I'd pull for him. I'm neutral on Hector. If the top two are any two of them and Marth, I'll be fine. I just hope Alm doesn't creep up.

Now, I knew Reinhardt would rank higher, but shit. His and Leif's positions (and Veronica, Loki, and Laevatein, to be fair) show that this is largely being voted on by hardcore Heroes players rather than the fanbase at large.

Edited by Florete

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m just going to assume the girls got numerically more votes than the guys did.

Well yeah. The Top 50 overall probably has a ratio of 20:30 for Male:Female.

I mean, I looked up scripts of Genealogy and Thracia and I don't hate Ishtar, but I voted for Reinhardt because he was in the game already and trivialized shit for me. Olwen got the other Thracia vote for similar reasons. I'm going for Takumi and Marth for my last two votes, but I hope Ishtar places well enough.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I am fine with fighter-type lords (see Hector) but fighter-types that wear plot armour are a huge no-no to me.

Celica makes understandable mistakes, Alm is a perfect combination of the best of Duma’s and Mila’s despite the game’s theme of division and struggle.
Eirika is made out to act dumb and naïve to contrast with the shining Ephraim who never picks fight he can’t win because the plot says so.
Everyone must like Ike or be vanquished by the forces of good and love because they are dicks or dicking around.

Well, some might read the story. Some.

Ah I get the plot armor thing.  I think a lot of the hate for Ephraim is people that think he's just a brute which I have to say is very untrue.  But you're right he has a lot of plot armor like Valter letting him go.  Then again, that's probably more SS's fault than Ephraim's considering Valter lets the three biggest characters go...

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve been voting Ishtar on my other browser for the whole week, and will continue doing so.

Oh you too huh?

Edit: I actually have two other accounts full of Isthar lol.

Edited by Ae†her

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Getting really fucking sick of Camilla. Tharja dropped, why didn't she? Please let Eirika or Azura overtake her. I'm totally cool with Celica making #1, though.

Honestly, I'd love to see Veronica, Loki, or Laevatein make it high enough just to see how the devs would justify them in-universe (assuming we don't get to acquire normal versions of them prior).

As for the guys...Ephraim is cool, but I don't think I'd pull for him. I'm neutral on Hector. If the top two are any two of them and Marth, I'll be fine. I just hope Alm doesn't creep up.

Now, I knew Reinhardt would rank higher, but shit. His and Leif's positions (and Veronica, Loki, and Laevatein, to be fair) show that this is largely being voted on by hardcore Heroes players rather than the fanbase at large.

It's unfortunate, but Anna is just a victim of having 5 different incarnations of herself in the poll.

But there really does need to be an Anna seasonal unit. Valentine's Day?? Anna running towards a big pile of money with hearts in her eyes?

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

It's unfortunate, but Anna is just a victim of having 5 different incarnations of herself in the poll.

But there really does need to be an Anna seasonal unit. Valentine's Day?? Anna running towards a big pile of money with hearts in her eyes?

Yeah, Anna is the only character in the series who has yet another version in this new poll.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

You and me both, I've been hoping the whole time that she will be knocked out of top 2 and its nice to see one character has succeeded in ovetaking her.
I sort of want to vote Veronica just to see what they would do. 
Anna is really screwed by the split votes, like she is the most screwed character by it and that's sad cause I like Anna

I'm hoping they actually combine votes cause then Marth might usurp Eriphram cause he gets screwed by the split votes too, also reinhardts positioning is my favourite thing about the whole poll now 

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

Well yeah. The Top 50 overall probably has a ratio of 20:30 for Male:Female.

I wonder where Hector and Eriphram would place if they where put into the girls list 

I hope Ephraim makes stays within the top 2. Eirika, I’ll still vote for you, but I doubt you’ll stay within the top 2. I do hope Camilla wins, as that means a potential flier. As long as neither Nino nor Tharja wins, I’m fine.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He is just too perfect. He never loses any battles, he just charges ahead and always wins. For he is never faced with real adversity, he never has to develop as a character.

Aesthetically he can be likable. His supports aren't without some good ones. And he is very unique in being the only Lance using lord at base. 

I don't see how. Ephraim seems reckless and brash at times and I believe Seth calls him out for it pretty hard too. And I personally think he's a badass as well. I just like his character and design a lot, really. But I will agree that he didn't develop a whole lot which is why he isn't on par with Ike to me.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see how. Ephraim seems reckless and brash at times and I believe Seth calls him out for it pretty hard too. And I personally think he's a badass as well. I just like his character and design a lot, really. But I will agree that he didn't develop a whole lot which is why he isn't on par with Ike to me.

That's part of the problem though. The Ephraim we see is brash, reckless, charges in without a care in the world. But the game tells us that Ephraim is an amazing strategist, a tactical mind, and all of this other stuff that we never get to see. The first time we see Ephraim he's charging a castle and laying siege to it with only 3 other soldiers with him. It's a bit ridiculous to be honest. If Ephraim was just a brute who fights everything and that's all he was, it'd be fine, but the game expects us to believe he's a tactical genius and we just don't see it.

Granted, he was also during the era where the tastes of the FE fandom at large were highly dominated by badass tough guys and manly men. The precursor to the waifu era, if you will. For people not into that sort of thing, it's as sour a topic as seeing characters like Loki and Camilla being popular now is to you.

Now I am really cranky that Erika got an alternate cause she was the only person who has a chance at sinking Camilla and I think the alt will make just enough change their vote to let Camilla keep her spot 

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Almost!  He shows up as being perfect, right until Lyon jacks Renais' SS from him.  That was a battle he couldn't win, and didn't see it because he was too busy admiring his own ass.

It's also part of the reason why I like Ephraim's route better.

While everyone generally points to Eirika's naïveté being on full display as making her terribly flawed in her version of the same chapter, does anyone normally use Ephraim's version for pointing out his recklessness? No.

Though Eirika is still more flaws and Ephraim still more perfect, since Eirika falls into C8's trap and Ephraim, who she was supposed to rescue, but who wasn't there because he is perfect, ends up rescuing her. Scorched Sands (the only likable FE desert map), later has Eirika in dire straits again and Ephraim has to save her.

Back to the Renais SS smashing. I noticed Ephraim never says after the smashing or in the next chapter "Damn I was too brash, how stupid of me!". However, Eirika never says "Oh, I was too trusting in Lyon, I must steel myself." either. Nobody criticizes either for said faults in the same time period either. Hopefully in their silence, both lords realize what they did that was wrong, but I'd like to hear at least a few words of their deep guilt.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Seth does call him out true. But does it matter when despite those warnings, Ephraim succeeds by doing as he always has? Are flaws really flaws if nothing bad happens because of the flaws? Isn't the reason flaws are bad is because they lead to bad things happening? And that is why people should work to overcome their flaws?

Badassery. Well sometimes people like that and use it as justification for a character. Other times they view it as something shallow- much like oversexualized looks. Why, could it be almost a masculine equivalent? I don't mean to be wholly critical of the term, since I do like some characters for being powerful, the Laguz Royals of course for instance. Though never just for badassery, Naesala is rather complex for example.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

@Lau

3rd place...  3rd place!

#RallyMarth

But damn it all

I mean, from what amount of screentime we see of him, I'd say its (somewhat) well warranted. This recent chapter left a me a good impression, at least.

On a lesser note, should this come to pass, we may see a fight of the Hero-Kings in the impending CYL Gauntlet. Quite literally a match of the century

O-oh my god...oh my...It's five in the morning and I...oh...*sniff* somebody hold me, I'm just so happy!

We have a chance! Oh my god we have a chance! Oh Marth my son I'm so proud! And both versions are in the top 10 this time! Eek!

Nice to see Alm, Celica and Eliwood in the top 20. Lilina too.

Well my 5th vote went to Elffin because male refresher.  Honestly with only two votes left I may just vote for Naesala and Kaze again since I am to the point I voted for my top 5 and those two are the ones I want most.

Don't lose your hopes! The midterms show that nothing is written in stone. Vote for whoever you like the most, they may go farther than what you think!

With that said I'll keep supporting Eirika until the bitter end! It may be almost impossible but there's always the chance that a miracle will happen and she will surpass Camilla and I'll go in believing that it will happen.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

While everyone generally points to Eirika's naïveté being on full display as making her terribly flawed in her version of the same chapter, does anyone normally use Ephraim's version for pointing out his recklessness? No.

Though Eirika is still more flaws and Ephraim still more perfect, since Eirika falls into C8's trap and Ephraim, who she was supposed to rescue, but who wasn't there because he is perfect, ends up rescuing her. Scorched Sands (the only likable FE desert map), later has Eirika in dire straits again and Ephraim has to save her.

Back to the Renais SS smashing. I noticed Ephraim never says after the smashing or in the next chapter "Damn I was too brash, how stupid of me!". However, Eirika never says "Oh, I was too trusting in Lyon, I must steel myself." either. Nobody criticizes either for said faults in the same time period either. Hopefully in their silence, both lords realize what they did that was wrong, but I'd like to hear at least a few words of their deep guilt.

That's because, in typical FE fashion, it's really subtle.  The script for Chapter 18B is pretty long, so I'll link it here.  Note Eph's reaction after Lyon goes poof - the perfect hero, reduced to, well, this.

And here's where a twist occurs.  In Chapter 19A, L'Arachel and Eirika have a conversation, and they address the issue with Lyon directly.  In Chapter 19B, Ephraim and Tana have that conversation.  Unlike his sister, Ephraim doesn't directly tell Tana what happened - instead, he alludes to it.  For someone who's supposed to be straightforward, this is really out-of-character.  The incident with Lyon has shaken him, to the point where he doesn't want to talk about it. . .and in that reversal, Ephraim's the one running from the fight.  Even if the fight itself isn't "stab bad guy".  Yet Eir, the naive one who doesn't want to fight, learns to confront the conflict and deal with it.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's because, in typical FE fashion, it's really subtle.  The script for Chapter 18B is pretty long, so I'll link it here.  Note Eph's reaction after Lyon goes poof - the perfect hero, reduced to, well, this.

And here's where a twist occurs.  In Chapter 19A, L'Arachel and Eirika have a conversation, and they address the issue with Lyon directly.  In Chapter 19B, Ephraim and Tana have that conversation.  Unlike his sister, Ephraim doesn't directly tell Tana what happened - instead, he alludes to it.  For someone who's supposed to be straightforward, this is really out-of-character.  The incident with Lyon has shaken him, to the point where he doesn't want to talk about it. . .and in that reversal, Ephraim's the one running from the fight.  Even if the fight itself isn't "stab bad guy".  Yet Eir, the naive one who doesn't want to fight, learns to confront the conflict and deal with it.

I like you more and more. XD

33 minutes ago, captainlaughable53 said:

Am I the only one who seems a little baffled about how OCs are so high in this poll? 

Heroes players make up the majority of the voters, obviously.

I'm surprised Celica is doing well - well enough to reach 1st place at the midterm results!

Not surprised by Camilla taking 2nd place though am a bit surprised that Tharja got pushed down to 10th place.

Pleasantly surprised to see that Eirika reached 3rd place though it would be great for her to overtake Camilla for 2nd place.