Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the changes in voting behavior this time around are due to the fact that enough voters know that they aren't "voting for their favorites", but "voting for who they want a special version of". (This explains the decrease in the popularity of old meme characters.) There is also the fact that publishing the mid-term results probably caused many voters to re-think their original voting plans because a character they did like placed close enough to the top to have a shot.

Veronica's surge since the mid-term results was probably due to people realizing that she actually had a chance at winning and changing their remaining votes to vote for her because it actually looked possible for her to win after that. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in thinking she didn't have a chance back when voting started.

I'm also sure I'm not alone in being a player that has wanted Veronica to be playable ever since the game's launch.

I would have been upset if Camilla have gotten her BH privilege, because it's obvious she everyone voted for her for two reasons :dry:. Instead, Veronica took her place, and I'm upset for that........ for the polar opposite reason. Veronica as a BH is so surprising and unexpectedly exciting that I don't know if I'll survive waiting until I have a chance to summon her. I'm so excited to see her as a BH that I don't know if I'll survive the excitement for so long, and that's why I'm upset :lol:. Oh well, I've survived many times that each MCU movie when Avengers Alliance was active, but this is more epic :D:

I just wonder about their roles however. It would make sense for Hector to be a red sword, but what? I want a different sword than Blazing Durandal. Well, I don't see what else he could be, but I think Celica could be the token sword user instead. Ephraim could be axe cavalier, as a reference of him being trained by Duessel from Grado, and use Garn as his weapon. Veronica is definitely the most interesting case. She being an original character from FEH, there's not much where she could build upon. Maybe she could use her brother's lance during his time as Zacharias. But I'd think they should be more creative with her. Maybe she could be made as a manakete, as a possible foreshadowing of her descending from a dragon. Save for a few games, these scaly flamethrowers are the ones usually causing trouble in FE :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

From 5th to 2nd.

That being said, she was under Azura who only got 20k in the end, and now here she is at 29k. Meaning she got at least a third of her votes after the midterm. It's even more jarring when looking at Micaiah, who was only one spot lower and ends up with ~half as many votes.

Oh, well, yeah, that's still pretty insane. :/

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Eh, it's just an assumption. Considering the voters likely are all Heroes players, got exposed to Veronica for sure, and then took notice of her standing in the results, it's not unreasonable to think she could have gotten a large jump. Yeah, maybe some cheatsydoodles were involved, but you could say the same for anyone.

Also, I do think Ephraim had an unfair advantage in having one version of himself to beat out Marth, who otherwise would have won. Out of all the CYL winners so far, Ike (well, arguably Lucina, too, but Lucina herself is more notable that her masked self likely didn't matter, and FE6 Hector is an NPC) is the only one with two versions (and even then, both of them have a noticable difference in appearance, so while I do think Ike was unfairly handicapped, he has a little excuse that's just handwaved since he won). Both Marths were practically the same in appearance, but he still got split, and it hurt him.

Sure, some people voted on multiple devices, but probably only two, maybe three. I feel like some Veronica voters after the halfway point were using like a dozen devices each or something.

Yeah, that does suck for Marth, and I really would've preferred him and Ephraim as the top two males. Maybe this'll make IS think twice next time about splitting different versions. Ike's two incarnations are noticeably different, but Marth's aren't. He just changed clothes more or less.

4 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

lolis are disgusting and veronica still is only in heroes so it's really fucking weird that anyone voted for her

Veronica is not playable yet. It's reasonable to understand the rationale of voting her, Heroes-only or not.

Also, even if she is a "loli", it's not like she has a sexualized design. She's arguably as tame as Myrrh.

And you called Veronica disgusting by calling her a loli and calling lolis disgusting.

2 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

it's not name calling it's just saying that lolis are disgusting.

Avocados are disgusting (and so is guacamole), but I know a lot of people who don't have my problem.

If you think lolis are disgusting, that's your problem, not the rest of the world's.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

And you called Veronica disgusting by calling her a loli and calling lolis disgusting.

The problem is that lolis are little girls and I'm certain most FE players are adults. That's kind of perverted.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Avocados are disgusting (and so is guacamole), but I know a lot of people who don't have my problem.

If you think lolis are disgusting, that's your problem, not the rest of the world's.

well you're right about that, avocados and guacamole are also disgusting

The way I see it Veronica got a lot of votes after the mid votes because people realized that she stood a chance and that if she managed to beat Camilla she would get in the game for sure. It's no secret that a lot of people want to have her. Oh and let's not forget that not everyone who plays Heroes has played other FE games so these people probably gave a lot of votes for her as well.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...Ephraim would have been kicked out of 2nd place; it'd be Marth and Hector.

Uh, that's not the point? All I said was that I would've preferred the top two be Marth and Ephraim. I didn't say it would've actually happened. Besides, you don't know how many people voted for all of the Marths.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The problem is that lolis are little girls and I'm certain most FE players are adults. That's kind of perverted.

i don't think most fe players are adults but being attracted to little girls is creepy as fuck if you're over the age of like 13-14 and the FE audience is probably mostly in the age range of about 12-25

3 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Ignoring the hate...I'm curious what they do with Veronica's brave version she'll likely have a new Embla weapon. 

I'm curious as to how they're going to justify her joining you at all if she hasn't in the story by that point.

I just want to say I am happy Cormag made it to 100 since if I remember right that is higher then he was before.  Kaze being at 60 made me sad but I have hopes for characters in the top 100 that are not in Heroes yet being added to the summoning pool.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Just because one likes a "loli" character doesn't mean one's sexually attracted to them. For instance, I like Myrrh because she's adorable and goes through a lot of hell, not because of some disgusting sexual attraction to one shaped like a child.

5 minutes ago, Lau said:

Not liking all this Camilla hate just because Veronica beat her, I like both, but come on. It's a bit extreme.

It is extreme, but I understand where that comes from. I haven't played Fates so far, and I heard she's actually more interesting character-wise than many of us give her credit for. PROBLEM with her is that, assuming her strengths as a character  are true, they tend to be downplayed in favor of ridiculous amounts of fanservice, and guess many people get tired (myself included) of it

6 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

lolis are disgusting and veronica still is only in heroes so it's really fucking weird that anyone voted for her

To be frank, Veronica has been quite popular since the game was released. Being closer to game mascot in it's beginnings. Sure, there are some people who voted for her because they are into lolis, but she has been expected to be playable practically from the start. It helps that she's a villain, but it's been subtly known there's a chance for her to reform. Her being playable as Brave Hero is unexpected, but very much welcome, but it'd be funny when the original Veronica joins the team when you already have a lv40 superior form of her :lol:  

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

True words, it's weird to see little girls fighting, or maybe becoming children. In the game it is mostly said that they are adults, but still looking like kids, so we have to accept this and it is important to accept other ones taste.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Just because one likes a "loli" character doesn't mean one's sexually attracted to them. For instance, I like Myrrh because she's adorable and goes through a lot of hell, not because of some disgusting sexual attraction to one shaped like a child.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some of us find her endearing.

Hide contents

U5Jt6fP.jpg

Exactly the fact that this needs to be address is just laughable...

5 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

The way I see it Veronica got a lot of votes after the mid votes because people realized that she stood a chance and that if she managed to beat Camilla she would get in the game for sure. It's no secret that a lot of people want to have her. Oh and let's not forget that not everyone who plays Heroes has played other FE games so these people probably gave a lot of votes for her as well.

And to her defense, she's a character that stand out the most. Not only she's an OC within the spinoff game, but she's a villain as well. It'd make an interesting dynamic with the other heroes. Hope they release another live action commercial, as cheesy as it is :P: