Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably be honed on Leo shocker, I know and Cordelia assuming only the characters who won and got Brave alts are exempted from this. No, I don't particularly care that both already have alts. Leo in particular could seriously use an upgrade as, well, he's pretty underwhelming in FEH as things currently stand.

If the Top 10 for each gender get exempted from this, then I'll likely vote for Forrest, Caeldori I'm so clever with those first two aren't I?, Shinon, Haar, Ashnard, Volke, and Sumia.

Given that the big winners of the 1st CYL event had a common enough theme that was easy to connect for their official release, I'm really curious as to where they're going to go with this the second time around.

As much as I'd like to vote for my personal favorites as I did with the 1st CYL, I don't think I'll be doing as much again. Comparing my favorites to the last event's runner-ups and current absentees, I'm pretty sure a good number of my votes would go to waste. Thankfully, I like a good number of the absent heroes so I might just pick and choose my favorites of the top heroes already listed. L'Arachel, Dieck, Ishtar and Ranulf (and really any beast unit for that matter) stand out, as well as Anna and Owaindin from the runner-ups. I'm also really hoping that there are no character repeats. As much as I like Ike and the like, it was kind of unfair that he wound up hogging up two spots.

I think I'll actually vote this time. Not that I think any of my favorites will actually place anywhere sensical (except Takumi), but whatever.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Leo in particular could seriously use an upgrade as, well, he's pretty underwhelming in FEH as things currently stand.

I think it's only a matter of time before he gets a weapon refinery.

47 minutes ago, bun said:

Seems  these are all the new characters being added - the FEH originals and missing Gaiden/SoV characters (except the Cipher people) - so no TMS/Cipher/Warriors representation I'm afraid. Too bad, I was hoping I could vote for Lianna and Shade.

Look at all those rando mooks. Can we get "generic pirate boss" to the number 1 spot? Time to rally the fanbase.

Edited by NekoKnight

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think it's only a matter of time before he gets a weapon refinery.

Yeah, I can only hope so but that still wouldn't really fix his stat spread as horse buffs can only mask his 29/22 offense (my Leo is specifically +Def/-Res) so much.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ja, das kann ich nur hoffen, aber das würde seinen Status noch nicht wirklich verbessern, da Pferdefans nur seine 29/22 Offensive (mein Leo ist spezifisch + Def / -Res) so sehr maskieren können.

cool you have Hinoka do you use she ?

If anyone gets in because of memes, lets get merlinus, using a tent pole as a lance. or elena because she is dead. or amy, because I want IS to crap themselves when they get the results, we were too easy on them the first go around let's give them something unviable and unlike the smash ballot they can't ignore meme additions. 

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

So when is this new CYL website coming out? They said "today" but 14 hours have passed since the announcement.

My guess at this point is by 'today' they actually mean '11 PM Pacific Time' when the game updates again. So in reality tomorrow for most of us.

Owain, Kliff, Boey, Silas, Kaze, Delthea and Anna are my seven choices even though the FE characters I like probably have no hope of being in the top 10. If they still allow people to vote for the same character more than once I might just throw all my votes at Anna even though I would still prefer characters getting one vote per person.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I can only hope so but that still wouldn't really fix his stat spread as horse buffs can only mask his 29/22 offense (my Leo is specifically +Def/-Res) so much.

It depends on what role they have in mind for him. Ephraim's weapon didn't boost his lackluster speed but it gave an ability to overcome that weakness. I could see them making Leo more of a support fighter with a souped up Gravity Smoke and/or capitalize on his inherit Savage Blow to make him have a Pain+ effect.

17 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

My guess at this point is by 'today' they actually mean '11 PM Pacific Time' when the game updates again. So in reality tomorrow for most of us.

I read somewhere that the voting would be available starting on the 21st of this month.

One thing I predict is that, while characters will earn less votes due to the voting time being cut almost in half, I think we'll see even less votes than that overall since this poll has only been announced via an in-game notification. And not a capital D Direct that everybody, even people with no experience with Fire Emblem, would notice. So expect the Smash veterans to take a considerable hit in results.

The top 2 characters are important but I think the characters who crack the top 20 will probably have the most prominence at some point or another or at the very least decent stat lines. What's interesting is that almost every female character in CYL 1who ranked in the top ten has a seasonal except Micaiah an Eirika as opposed to the guys where most of males  chosen for seasonals still ranked high but aside from chrom, robin,leo, and takumi none of the cracked the top ten. Pretty interesting that the seasonal choices seem more reflective of the top 20 instead depending on the gender let's see if that holds true for the second one

5 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I read somewhere that the voting would be available starting on the 21st of this month.

Yeah that's true, but they also said the site for it would be up today per the in-game notification.

5 hours ago, Lau said:

Pouring all my votes for Marth. My boy needs to get the respect he deserves.

Ugh, this has actually made me feel sick from the anxiousness.

I'm With you! #RallyMarth

4 hours ago, Astellius said:

Like many others, I am hoping that the prior victors are excluded from winning since it would be cool to get different CYL characters. I'm definitely going to vote for Minerva, probably more than once. We need more versions of her!

Damn.... this is tempting....

As is Xane

And Rinkah

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

It depends on what role they have in mind for him. Ephraim's weapon didn't boost his lackluster speed but it gave an ability to overcome that weakness. I could see them making Leo more of a support fighter with a souped up Gravity Smoke and/or capitalize on his inherit Savage Blow to make him have a Pain+ effect.

Pain+ effect would certainly be interesting since it would make him far less dependent on his offenses. Sadly his defenses are kinda lackluster too since he is sure to be doubled so even that would only help so much.

Also if there no exclusions and 1st and 2nd places are the same in characters (lets be real) unless someone takes over PLEASE get Lyns original artist if she gets 1st or 2nd.....I don't hate Kotaro love his stuff but seriously make someone else do her especially for this occasion....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Damn.... this is tempting....

As is Xane

And Rinkah

I think Minerva has a good chance of moving up quite a bit in the rankings, especially if all of the Minerva fans rally to support her! She's been popular in-game, and she'll be in the FE Warriors Shadow Dragon DLC... Let's show IS that we really want more Minerva!