Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I mean that is quite literally the reason people like Ephraim. Some people find cockiness appealing, as long as it's not narcastitic. Especially if they really are that good.

Yup. The very reason why I hate him. He's a Stu. He's so perfect that even the main villain is jealous of him.

Another reason why he is loved is that any backlash he would have gotten was taken by Eirika, since she performed the naive and foolish action, and generally always had to be rescued by Ephriam. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1: Eliwood
Day 2: Clive
Day 3: Canas
Day 4: Python
Day 5: Hector
Day 6: Saizo
Day 7: Forde

I REALLY want Flame Shuriken Saizo. Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem Cipher pretty much treat it as his signature weapon anyways. Also, Saizo Is the best Fates character (fight me).

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yup. The very reason why I hate him. He's a Stu. He's so perfect that even the main villain is jealous of him.

Another reason why he is loved is that any backlash he would have gotten was taken by Eirika, since she performed the naive and foolish action, and generally always had to be rescued by Ephriam. 

Yeah. Eirika made Ephraim look extremely competent. Like here we have Ephraim doing everything right and here we have Eirikia tripping and falling behind him. Still love them both though. Eirika has a strong moral conscious where I would say Ephraim is not driven much by his morals at all.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

I REALLY want Flame Shuriken Saizo. Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem Cipher pretty much treat it as his signature weapon anyways. Also, Saizo Is the best Fates character (fight me).

I'll just do what someone tried to do from watching the Fate Drama CDs.

#BlameSaizo

Just now, The Lord Of Gems said:

I don't get it.

It was because of Saizo that Takumi was suspicious of Corrin in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yeah. Eirika made Ephraim look extremely competent. Like here we have Ephraim doing everything right and here we have Eirikia tripping and falling behind him. Still love them both though. Eirika has a strong moral conscious where I would say Ephraim is not driven much by his morals at all.

Was gonna point out the typo of saying Ephraim twice when you meant Eirika on the second one, but looks like you noticed.

And that's the big issue. Eirika was supposed to be this strong, morally conscious person... who did everything wrong. Her concern for Ephraim caused her to walk right into a trap. Her trust in Lyon made her give him the Sacred Stone. Exactly what has she done that her moral conscious self was correct?

Had the story been where Ephraim's recklessness had gotten him in trouble and he even at moments gotten overwhelmed with anger and hatred, and Eirika served to be the one that reminded him of the good in others, and made him regain himself, I'd have loved that. But nope. Eirika was stupid, and Ephraim was right.

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The only alternate outfit I can think of for Celica is a sword unit, holding the Beloved Zofia sword.

I posted this before, but she could get Seraphim as blue or green magic. 

Just now, Book Bro said:

I posted this before, but she could get Seraphim as blue or green magic. 

Ehh, I dunno. I mean, it doesn't seem to be much iconic for her. I mean, Ragnarok was her weapon because of how her strongest attack is Ragnarok Ω.

1 minute ago, Rolldo said:

No one is mentioning Merric with his starlight spell. Or whatever that star spell was called.

No, it was called Starlight as you said. And that would be possible but seriously, let's be real. Merric won't win. He's not that great in Heroes, and he didn't even get to be in the Shadow Dragon DLC pack. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, it was called Starlight as you said. And that would be possible but seriously, let's be real. Merric won't win. He's not that great in Heroes, and he didn't even get to be in the Shadow Dragon DLC pack. 

The greater crime is that Camus was somehow overlooked for that DLC pack. It baffles me.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

You got that right. Lancer Cavalry. How the hell did they miss that? Least they got Minerva though. 

It isn't even just that. He, like the Whitewing sisters, are just behind Anna for the most canon appearances in the franchise. How can you even represent the series properly without him?

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

You got that right. Lancer Cavalry. How the hell did they miss that? Least they got Minerva though. 

they don't even have any armors in or planned to be included, more like "how the hell did you miss even adding one of the most common unit types in the series". Warriors lacks so much, Ike and Roy are the least of their worries if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

It isn't even just that. He, like the Whitewing sisters, are just behind Anna for the most canon appearances in the franchise. How can you even represent the series properly without him?

That is true. Though I get why the Whitewings didn't show up. 

Just now, thecrimsonflash said:

they don't even have any armors in or planned to be included, more like "how the hell did you miss even adding one of the most common unit types in the series". Warriors lacks so much, Ike and Roy are the least of their worries if you ask me.

I have some reservations on the Armored units, due to the fact that they are likely gonna be extremely slow. Meaning that they wouldn't be as good useful on the large maps that we have.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I have some reservations on the Armored units, due to the fact that they are likely gonna be extremely slow. Meaning that they wouldn't be as good useful on the large maps that we have.

its called pair up, movement is not relevant in this context. pegasus knights are borderline unuseable, besides knights traditionally have only 1 less mov, it would not be that much of a problem.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That is true. Though I get why the Whitewings didn't show up. 

I think that may be precisely why armored units aren't a thing. I'm not sure how they would get around that, considering that Warriors games are all about being at the right place at the right time. 

There are other similar heavy units in mainline warriors games though. They may just have to make them unrealistically fast in movement while keeping their attacks slow.

5 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

its called pair up, movement is not relevant in this context. pegasus knights are borderline unuseable, besides knights traditionally have only 1 less mov, it would not be that much of a problem.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I think that may be precisely why armored units aren't a thing. I'm not sure how they would get around that, considering that Warriors games are all about being at the right place at the right time. 

There are other similar heavy units in mainline warriors games though. They may just have to make them unrealistically fast in movement while keeping their attacks slow.

Yeah, only if the Pair Up is used. If someone chooses not to use it or cannot use it for restricted levels, the Knights would have a hard time being used to run around. Maybe if they have some decent movement speed, then its okay. 

Was thinking about it and if Eirika, Hector, and Celica win they could do the the theme of older brothers. Don't know who could fit into the second men's slot. Weapons might be a little tricky since both Conrad and Ephraim use lances and it seems like they might want one per color again. Maybe say Beloved Sofia is a reminder of her brother or something that's stretching the story, but not outright wrong? But still, mounted Celica would be pretty sweet.