Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is a rather disappointing list imo. But at least it's a small group of fans. Hopefully many more Japanese fans have better taste. No surprise that Marth is first here though, which is fine. It's the rest of the list I don't really like. Could be worse though. At least Camilla and Tharja aren't first/second.

Is it cause Micaiah is 2nd here? 

I am okay with Marth being top here. I genuinely would be okay if he won. I just want Robin to also win as well. XP

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am okay with Marth being top here. I genuinely would be okay if he won. I just want Robin to also win as well. XP

No, a number of things. Weird choices like her and Nino being so high, Ephraim being lower than Eirika, Mia, Soren, and Tharja being there at all, etc.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, a number of things. Weird choices like her and Nino being so high, Ephraim being lower than Eirika, etc.

Nino has become a high meta class in Heroes. Remember that usability in Heroes can also have an influence over the votes. 

I am perfectly alright with Ephraim being lower. But Robin should totally have been higher. XP

Nino has become a high meta class in Heroes. Remember that usability in Heroes can also have an influence over the votes.

Then why is Reinhardt completely absent? He's like the best in the game besides CYL Lyn.

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Reddit poll closed b/c people started cheating to skew the results.  

Before it closed, Ephraim was ahead by about 100 votes.  So very close.  Now that Eirika has been announced, I'm guessing Ephraim will go up some more.  So what we have is that the english casual-hardcore (mid) fans are slightly skewed towards Ephraim and the japanese casual-hardcore (mid) fans are slightly skewed towards Hector.  I still think this is a good indication b/c most casuals will vote for females or Chrom (who is low) so they won't have a big impact on the male bracket.  It also seems to me that Ephraim is getting more hardcore (x7) votes while hector is getting more (x1) votes from people voting for other units too.

So I think it's a tossup

And on the females' side?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then why is Reinhardt completely absent? He's like the best in the game besides CYL Lyn.

No idea. Maybe the group liked the other units more than Reinhardt. Or maybe he was but scored much lower than the others, so he didn't make the board. Could be a number of things.

No idea. Maybe the group liked the other units more than Reinhardt. Or maybe he was but scored much lower than the others, so he didn't make the board. Could be a number of things.

Yeah, I guess it must be.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well Robin is hurt by the split vote unfortunately. Though I'm not sure if combining both genders is a good idea. 

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, a number of things. Weird choices like her and Nino being so high, Ephraim being lower than Eirika, Mia, Soren, and Tharja being there at all, etc.

Why shouldn't Tharja be there? The fact she was low in comparison to CYL1 should be refreshing, not disappointing. Japan probably likes softer lords so Ephraim being lower than Eirika is understandable. Considering that Ike is gone, the character that represents Tellius is now Micaiah so it should mean that Japan also likes Tellius, in particular Radiant Dawn so that should please you. Ike being gone also means some Ike fans can vote for Soren which means he's going to be ranked more highly. 

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why shouldn't Tharja be there? The fact she was low in comparison to CYL1 should be refreshing, not disappointing. Japan probably likes softer lords so Ephraim being lower than Eirika is understandable. Considering that Ike is gone, the character that represents Tellius is now Micaiah so it should mean that Japan also likes Tellius, in particular Radiant Dawn so that should please you. Ike being gone also means some Ike fans can vote for Soren which means he's going to be ranked more highly. 

Because I don't like her at all and she already got a variant. But it is nice to see that she's not first or second.

Micaiah doesn't represent all of Tellius though. She can't represent PoR because she's not in it. Elincia is more of a female Tellius rep than she is since she has a major role in both games. So for me, Elincia represents Tellius now. And I'd give her some votes, but I really want to vote for Frederick and Ephraim more... Also, I dislike Micaiah. So no, her being high will never please me. I don't care for Mia or Soren either. Btw, last I checked, Japan liked PoR way more than RD and Tellius sold the least there out of all regions.

Edited by Anacybele

Well I am going to vote for Cormag next, so my voting list is going to change to this: Naesala, Kaze, Priam, Cormag, Zihark, Elphin and Nailah.  I was going to vote for Lorenz on the last day, but the new SS banner made me change to voting for Cormag.  I have already voted for my first three.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because I don't like her at all and she already got a variant. But it is nice to see that she's not first or second.

Micaiah doesn't represent all of Tellius though. She can't represent PoR because she's not in it. Elincia is more of a female Tellius rep than she is since she has a major role in both games. So for me, Elincia represents Tellius now. And I'd give her some votes, but I really want to vote for Frederick and Ephraim more... Also, I dislike Micaiah. So no, her being high will never please me. I don't care for Mia or Soren either. Btw, last I checked, Japan liked PoR way more than RD and Tellius sold the least there out of all regions.

Micaiah's role in RD is bigger than Elincia's role in RD and PoR combined. Furthermore, CYL2 makes it easier to get Micaiah into the spotlight due to more votes from the previous one and because she's not affected by a split vote which most Tellius reps are. 

I know that which is why this poll is most likely an outlier but it is still refreshing to see that Japan might actually like RD and Tellius in general more now. It's certainly possible considering RD was more disliked ten years ago than it is now. 

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Micaiah's role in RD is bigger than Elincia's role in RD and PoR combined. Furthermore, CYL2 makes it easier to get Micaiah into the spotlight due to more votes from the previous one and because she's not affected by a split vote which most Tellius reps are. 

I know that which is why this poll is most likely an outlier but it is still refreshing to see that Japan might actually like RD and Tellius in general more now. It's certainly possible considering RD was more disliked ten years ago than it is now. 

lol no it isn't. Elincia is the female lead of PoR and present for nearly the whole game. And in RD, she's the main character of part 2 and plays a role in parts 3 and 4 as well. And Micaiah still does not appear in PoR at all, so she can't represent it. Ever.

And I already said, I. Don't. Like. Micaiah. I will NEVER vote for her or be glad for anything she gets.

I still doubt they care for Tellius. Tellius just seems more liked in the west to me.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

And I already said, I. Don't. Like. Micaiah. I will NEVER vote for her or be glad for anything she gets.

I still doubt they care for Tellius. Tellius just seems more liked in the west to me.

Comments like this is why people often give you a hard time for shitting on characters you don't like. Also this poll is literally showing some Japanese actually like Tellius because Micaiah, Mia, and Soren are all polling highly, but you are basically doing the internet equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and throwing a tantrum just because it's not the "right" kind of Tellius appreciation.

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Comments like this is why people often give you a hard time for shitting on characters you don't like. Also this poll is literally showing some Japanese actually like Tellius because Micaiah, Mia, and Soren are all polling highly, but you are basically doing the internet equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and throwing a tantrum just because it's not the "right" kind of Tellius appreciation.

...Uh, what? Nobody's throwing any tantrums about anything or shitting on any characters. Wtf are you talking about? Why am I not allowed to be disappointed in who is on that list? Seriously? All I said was that I didn't like Micaiah and that I don't have to like that she was high on that list. I didn't shit on her. People say they don't like certain things all the fucking time, are they also "putting their hands over their ears and throwing tantrums?"

And Icelerate is the one shoving these characters down my throat right now. Why aren't you calling him out?

Also some Japanese =/= a lot of Japanese.

Edited by Anacybele

...Uh, what? Nobody's throwing any tantrums about anything or shitting on any characters. Wtf are you talking about? Why am I not allowed to be disappointed in who is on that list? Seriously? All I said was that I didn't like Micaiah and that I don't have to like that she was high on that list. I didn't shit on her. People say they don't like certain things all the fucking time, are they also "putting their hands over their ears and throwing tantrums?"

And Icelerate is the one shoving these characters down my throat right now. Why aren't you calling him out?

It's likely because you said this line:

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It sounds like a hate comment and such. 

Also, you're starting to curse, which only makes you look worse. 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol no it isn't. Elincia is the female lead of PoR and present for nearly the whole game. And in RD, she's the main character of part 2 and plays a role in parts 3 and 4 as well. And Micaiah still does not appear in PoR at all, so she can't represent it. Ever.

That's... really incredibly rude. Whether you dislike Micaiah or not comments like you will never be glad for anything she gets is a metaphorical slap in the face to anyone who even remotely likes her.

Like, I promise you that I hate Soren more than you dislike Micaiah but I can still be glad that he's there for his fans, you know?

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

It sounds like a hate comment and such.

"I don't like" is not the equivalent of a rude hate comment. Besides, Icelerate didn't seem to notice that I'd already said I didn't like Micaiah before that and continued to shove her down my throat.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

"I don't like" is not the equivalent of a rude hate comment. Besides, Icelerate didn't seem to notice that I'd already said I didn't like Micaiah before that and continued to shove her down my throat.

2 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

That's... really incredibly rude. Whether you dislike Micaiah or not comments like you will never be glad for anything she gets is a metaphorical slap in the face to anyone who even remotely likes her.

Like, I promise you that I hate Soren more than you dislike Micaiah but I can still be glad that he's there for his fans, you know?

Basically this. It's because the way you said this sounds incredibly rude. It sounds like you're saying that people that like Micaiah have terrible taste.

And you don't shove Ike and Frederick down peoples throats all the time with your constant I headcannon this or I did this in my fanfiction news flash nobody cares. I'm sorry who was the one whining that Ike wasn't in heroes for the longest time or how RD Ike wasn't in the RD banner. You act like a spoiled child all the time and then get upset when people call you out on it boo fucking who people would rather have other characters that you dislike as brave heroes get over it and yourself and act like a mature person for once in your life.

You know, a pretty big part of the problem here is that you tend to always be negative when it comes to things you don't like. You seem to have a constant need to chime in and point out how much you hate Micaiah, Mia, Lucina, Erika, Soren, whoever. I do not like Fredrick, but I very rarely feel the need to screech my feelings to the high heavens because I know people like him and its none of my business that we disagree. Constantly picking fights, intentionally or not, makes you come off as unessential rude. Nobody likes dealing with the fun police.

4 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Then those who like her are taking this far too seriously. It's not like I'm trying to stop them from liking her or shit on them. I just don't like the character. I have nothing against any of her fans. And why would you be glad for a character you hate? That makes no sense at all.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It sounds like you're saying that people that like Micaiah have terrible taste.

So what? I'm sure Ike haters think I and other Ike fans have bad taste too. I don't really care. I'm just going to keep liking Ike.

3 minutes ago, Bankai said:

And you don't shove Ike and Frederick down peoples throats all the time with your constant I headcannon this or I did this in my fanfiction news flash nobody cares. I'm sorry who was the one whining that Ike wasn't in heroes for the longest time or how RD Ike wasn't in the RD banner. You act like a spoiled child all the time and then get upset when people call you out on it boo fucking who people would rather have other characters that you dislike as brave heroes get over it and yourself and act like a mature person for once in your life.

And this here is an example of a rude person, guys. Not me. Not to mention I wasn't even the only one "whining" that Ike wasn't in Heroes for awhile. A LOT of people wanted him.

Hey guys, chill out, I don’t think people come to this forum just to argue to other people because they like or dislike a certain character. 

So, at least, try not to be rude in one way or the other. Oh, and give a vote for Bartre! :D

And now, I’m going for my popcorns to continue reading this xd

Edited by Javi Blizz

Then those who like her are taking this far too seriously. It's not like I'm trying to stop them from liking her or shit on them. I just don't like the character. I have nothing against any of her fans. And why would you be glad for a character you hate? That makes no sense at all.

So what? I'm sure Ike haters think I and other Ike fans have bad taste too. I don't really care. I'm just going to keep liking Ike.

And this here is an example of a rude person, guys. Not me. Not to mention I wasn't even the only one "whining" that Ike wasn't in Heroes for awhile. A LOT of people wanted him.

Maybe, but you are actually voicing them out and thus being rude to those that do like Micaiah.

And though I hate Ephraim, I only say that I hate him, and leave it at that. I don't think that anyone that likes him have bad taste. Ephraim is depicted as a powerful and strong person.

We all have characters we like and dislike, but we shouldn't insult anyone that don't share your thoughts. So what you're saying is very rude to others.