Jump to content
Coolmanio

Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Neko-Sharena. Although now I want to see a Catria-Sharena merge.

Cat ears make anyone cuter. But what about cat ears and glasses?!

Off-topic: your Tiki is +9 but still using QR2. Tsk tsk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

what joke character can we vote in, we've already got Dorcas and Arden

Kempf. You can also vote for Eliwood so he can get an alt with better art. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Silas it's time to get you in the top 100 this time. You were so close last time!

I actually didn't participate much last poll, so that will change this time. 

Orb participation reward please?

I wasn't even around for the first CYL. I see Silas was pretty close to being top 100 though. I'm hoping that the winners are omitted from CYL this time around, but I may throw a vote or so for Lyn if she's still in the running. Otherwise?

  1. Edward
  2. Ross
  3. Hector
  4. Ilyana
  5. Chrom
  6. Ephraim

Might throw Erk a bone or Lyn if she's still in the running. Otherwise depending on the amount of votes we get, Hector or Chrom may get an extra vote or two since they have the best chance of actually winning.

EDIT: I can't believe Ross is so high at 128 on the last poll. Beating out units like Raven, Ilyana, Tibarn, Effie, Sain, Katarina, JILL.

Here I thought he wasn't that popular at all.

Edited by Zeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

He totally can, and I even made a subreddit talking about how he should be like:

 

That's dedication.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Kempf. You can also vote for Eliwood so he can get an alt with better art. 

Unless they give him the same artist. Could happen. Chrom's only had one artist. Same for Lyn and male Corrin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ephraim actually has a really good chance of securing the second male slot.  I'll explain why.

Last time he placed #7.  I certaintly don't expect him to go down at all and with the top 2 males removed from CYL round 2 that puts him at #5.  That may seem like he can't win but lets look at the units above him.

- Hector is a big problem, I expect him to get first which is why I think Ephraim could get second, but not first place.  
- Chrom is a one of the newer lords which is why he did so well.  If you recall, Ephraim beat Chrom in the last popularity contest before multipliers were a thing.  This would suggest that Ephraim was at least getting more popular as Chrom was getting less popular which makes sense because the newer fates/awakening crowd is probably leaving this game faster than the older crowd.
- Marth should drop off quite a bit.  He was ranked very highly due to smash back before FEH was announced.  I think a lot of smash fans ended up voting in CYL whether they were really interested in FEH or not so you can expect those folks to drop off.  I don't know if he will even be in the top 5 this time around.
- Ike, PoR, won the last CYL.  Either this means those folks will go for RD Ike and it will boost RD Ike or those folks will be satisfied and not want a second ike.  Personally, I think RD Ike will end up losing more votes than he will gain which will put him down.

The only unit that could potentially move above Ephraim who was initially below is Reinhardt if Reddit has its way.  I don't think any of the Echoes characters are going to be that popular since it appears a lot of fans skipped that game.  So I see Ephraim mostly fighting for second place with Chrom and perhaps Reinhardt if the memes carry him far enough.


Why vote for Ephraim?
- He's the memelord.  He has uhh...bortherly love memes, disgusting memes, picking fights he can't win memes, glitch memes, etc.  He has more memes than anyone in FE from a quantity standpoint as far as I know.  
- He's an older fan favorite.  I think Hector is more of a fan favorite but Ephraim is still way up there.
- The VG added some Ephraim fans.  People who didn't know who Ephraim was started liking him after Chrom x Ephraim VG.  Not much, but I expect a considerable amount of people who have never played SS to vote for Ephraim
- Most importantly, he has home field advantage.  People have SS heavy in their minds right now because we;re about to get an influx of SS content.  This means people wont forget about SS when they're voting and consequently end up voting for the SS lords.

 

So if you like Ephraim, VOTE FOR HIM.  He actually does have a chance, certainty more than I initially thought.  If you can make reddit propaganda, do so.  He deserves it ;)
 

Edited by Lushen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Kempf. You can also vote for Eliwood so he can get an alt with better art. 

We can have old man Eliwood "The Strongest Man in Elibe!" 

Looking at the results Reinhardt placed 584 place. There is no way he can't reach the top 100 this time around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

We can have old man Eliwood "The Strongest Man in Elibe!" 

Looking at the results Reinhardt placed 584 place. There is no way he can't reach the top 100 this time around.

 

Dorcas is only half the meme Reinhardt is now and he got rank #21.   I think rein will be in the top 10 but will not win.  At the same time, I think how well he does is totally unpredictable.  

Edited by Lushen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cat ears make anyone cuter. But what about cat ears and glasses?!

Off-topic: your Tiki is +9 but still using QR2. Tsk tsk.

Well, put them both up and we'll see!

And yep! Merges > upgrading QR, both in terms of usefulness and Arena scoring. But I need to pull another Tiki before I can finish upgrading her, so I'm probably going to give her QR3 here shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is a whole new vote. I wonder how much a heroes usefulness in the game will effect how many votes they get. (Like will Reinhardt get a boost in votes because of how he dominates the meta)

Anyway assuming we get 7 votes I'll vote for characters we haven't gotten yet. Those being: L' Arachel, Myrrh, Tibarn, Silas, Leif, Erk and Silque.

If we get 13 the remainder of my votes will be going to M!Robin. Gotta stick with my favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

We can have old man Eliwood "The Strongest Man in Elibe!" 

Looking at the results Reinhardt placed 584 place. There is no way he can't reach the top 100 this time around.

 

I’d be fine with FE6 Eliwood. Give him Maltet and we’re good. 

Reinhardt? Expect him to be in the top 10. FEH worked MIRACLES for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That's dedication.

Thank you. You are talking to a guy that invested time and effort to raise 200k+ feathers for the sole purpose of raising Robin to be +10. 

 

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:


Why vote for Ephraim?
- He's the memelord.  He has uhh...bortherly love memes, disgusting memes, picking fights he can't win memes, glitch memes, etc.  He has more memes than anyone in FE from a quantity standpoint as far as I know.  
- He's an older fan favorite.  I think Hector is more of a fan favorite but Ephraim is still way up there.
- The VG added some Ephraim fans.  People who didn't know who Ephraim was started liking him after Chrom x Ephraim VG.  Not much, but I expect a considerable amount of people who have never played SS to vote for Ephraim
- Most importantly, he has home field advantage.  People have SS heavy in their minds right now because we;re about to get an influx of SS content.  This means people wont forget about SS when they're voting and consequently end up voting for the SS lords.

So if you like Ephraim, VOTE FOR HIM.  He actually does have a chance, certainty more than I initially thought.  If you can make reddit propaganda, do so.  He deserves it ;)

I despise Ephraim, so he certainly won't get my vote.

Also, there are other factors you should account for. Being that Warriors will have likely influenced a lot of people. Marth is one of the best units in that game, so he might actually raise a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Thank you. You are talking to a guy that invested time and effort to raise 200k+ feathers for the sole purpose of raising Robin to be +10. 

 

I despise Ephraim, so he certainly won't get my vote.

Also, there are other factors you should account for. Being that Warriors will have likely influenced a lot of people. Marth is one of the best units in that game, so he might actually raise a bit.

Marth will most likely be split again which will hurt him quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FE Heroes needs more Mia. Fe10 Mia to be specific. All of my votes will be going to best version of best girl. Any other vote is a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lushen said:

- Chrom is a one of the newer lords which is why he did so well.  If you recall, Ephraim beat Chrom in the last popularity contest before multipliers were a thing.  This would suggest that Ephraim was at least getting more popular as Chrom was getting less popular which makes sense because the newer fates/awakening crowd is probably leaving this game faster than the older crowd.

Worth noting though, that was Ephraim vs Chrom, not Everyone vs Everyone. It's possible Chrom still has more dedicated fans, whereas Ephraim just had more "backup" when there weren't as many others to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

He totally can, and I even made a subreddit talking about how he should be like:

 

I can see this being his CYL unit if he won. I'd like to see the Morgan get in as the red unit tacticians honestly. Like M!Morgan can be the sword unit and F!Morgan can be the red tome unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

 

Also, there are other factors you should account for. Being that Warriors will have likely influenced a lot of people. Marth is one of the best units in that game, so he might actually raise a bit.

That's a good point but I still expect games like Warriors and Smash to have far less impact on CYL than it did before FEH came out.  FEH has been out a year, I think its more of its own thing.  Really the biggest thing Ephraim has going for him is the home field advantage he has going for him.  Like if Lyon ends up being OP and everyone starts using him that will move a lot of voters to vote for SS characters like Ephraim and Eirika.

I don't think Ericka has a chance.  

 

Also something I forgot to mention, Ephraim's biggest opponent is probably Chrom.  We have 3 Chroms which hurts Chrom's odds a bit I believe.  I really think Ephraim is pretty damn close to winning second place.  No way he'll beat Hector though.  

4 minutes ago, bun said:

Worth noting though, that was Ephraim vs Chrom, not Everyone vs Everyone. It's possible Chrom still has more dedicated fans, whereas Ephraim just had more "backup" when there weren't as many others to choose from.

I didn't vote in the initial CYL but can't you vote for unlimited heroes in CYL?  That would mean some people might vote for Ephraim even if Ephraim isn't their favorite which mirrors the CYL with the 'backup' voters.  Though people may intentionally not vote for Ephraim if they want someone else to win b/c Ephraim is competition.  Kinda like why I'm not voting for Chrom even though I think he's pretty neat.

Edited by Lushen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’d be fine with FE6 Eliwood. Give him Maltet and we’re good. 

Reinhardt? Expect him to be in the top 10. FEH worked MIRACLES for him. 

Yeah that's the one. Eliwood in FE6 could use swords, axes, and spears. The mallet can have built in windsweep or just be a firesweep axe.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170508103955

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

Yeah that's the one. Eliwood in FE6 could use swords, axes, and spears. The mallet can have built in windsweep or just be a firesweep axe.

Maltet is a lance.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maltet is a lance.

 

I completely misread it. The game only has super effective dragon swords. Eliwood with a lance would be a good fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...