Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soren would've been 15 if not for the stupid split! God damn it!! Oh well...

So glad Ephraim, Hector and Celica won. Hardly care about Veronica.

Edited by Skylorella Con

the 2 guys i wanted to win won so im excited. hopefully we get a freebie CYL character from round 2 like round 1. I really want Hector or Ephraim (depending on what their skills and weapons are afterwards)

Actually heck since it's Brave Veronica maybe we will get Adult Veronica who became a good guy after like Surtr murder-rapes her country or something? That would be awesome. Young Veronica is pretty boring as a character and I'm not interested in children characters pretty much ever.

Edited by Tsak

Welp. Now I'm going to have to hoard orbs for brave Hector, Ephraim and Celica. Really happy with the winners this time, especially since none of them have existing alts *glares at Camilla*

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Welp. Now I'm going to have to hoard orbs for brave Hector, Ephraim and Celica. Really happy with the winners this time, especially since none of them have existing alts *glares at Camilla*

None of them have existing alts....... yet ;)

"looks at 2/8 Special Banner"

Ehh...I think it's pretty arguable that Marth got screwed by the vote split.

But holy crap; VERONICA?!

I'd love to know how the hell they're going to explain her being available unless the plot changes up enough. :P

The vote count seems...suspicious.

Considering everyone had about half as many votes and there were likely fewer people voting overall, I was expecting the vote counts to be much lower than the first CYL. And yet...they're kinda not. Hector's 38k is still a ways away from Lyn's 49k, but that's actually more than he got the first time around, and he's not the only one who is actually seeing a higher vote count. At least at these higher ranks, the average vote count isn't much lower. Now, one can argue that the 6 missing entries for the most popular characters plays a factor, but we also have brand new entries, including a few who have ranked noticeable high (Veronica, Loki), and Gaiden/SoV characters, while not technically new entries, got a lot more attention, spreading votes around more, and strong Heroes characters like Reinhardt also score noticeably higher.

Were there really that many people making duplicate accounts to get more votes in or is there something else I'm missing?

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Ehh...I think it's pretty arguable that Marth got screwed by the vote split.

But holy crap; VERONICA?!

I'd love to know how the hell they're going to explain her being available unless the plot changes up enough. :P

I don't think it's that difficult to imagine. As of the latest story chapter, she's already at odds with the Muspell crew. Her joining the player seems like it ought to happen even before CYL units are released.

I am very happy Celica pulled a win! 

Veronica making it to second is not at all what I would have expected. Good for her and her fans. 

Otherwise I have very little opinion on the female side. Do wish Nino had passed up Loki but that’s neither here nor there at this point. 

For the guys though! Hell yes Hector! Couldn’t be happier there!

Ephraim, neat! I really need to finish Sacred Stones so I can actually appreciate this guy. 

RIP Marth, one day your time in the Heroes spotlight will come. One day...

The real shock though! Soren managed to squeeze in there to the top 20!! Had his PoR and RD votes been combined he would have been 14th! 

And Keaton and Kaden (and Selkie) are there too! Good. Give me beast units.

IS needs to can it with the split votes next year or riot

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Considering everyone had about half as many votes and there were likely fewer people voting overall, I was expecting the vote counts to be much lower than the first CYL. And yet...they're kinda not. Hector's 38k is still a ways away from Lyn's 49k, but that's actually more than he got the first time around, and he's not the only one who is actually seeing a higher vote count. At least at these higher ranks, the average vote count isn't much lower. Now, one can argue that the 6 missing entries for the most popular characters plays a factor, but we also have brand new entries, including a few who have ranked noticeable high (Veronica, Loki), and Gaiden/SoV characters, while not technically new entries, got a lot more attention, spreading votes around more, and strong Heroes characters like Reinhardt also score noticeably higher.

Were there really that many people making duplicate accounts to get more votes in or is there something else I'm missing?

The game's probably grown since launch.  I don't think it's that absurd to think more people may have participated than the first time.

You're hearing it here first: Xander!Veronica incoming. But seriously, I'm so glad a heroes OC made it in. Would've preferred Sharena followed by Gunthra and Alfonse, but all of them seemed like longshots anyways.

Sacred Stones is my favorite game, and I really like Ephraim, but Marth losing because of the split votes feels like a slap in the face. I guess IS just doesn't think characters from two different games are the same. Oh well. Now that we know Legendary Heroes can be main series characters, maybe Marth will be one. Overall really happy with the results.

EDIT: So glad Aversa made it into the top 50! She's probably my favorite villain. I'm glad other people seem to like her too. Hopefully it's not just because of her design.

Edited by Ressueah

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

I assumed there'd be more myself, I mean, considering heroes's huge success had yet to happen last time. Interesting that it's pretty much the same.

As for combined Marth, yeah, he's way above Ephraim. We'll see if anything happens.

Edit: Interestingly, 5 heroes appear on the result page... the four winners and Marth. Doesn't seem like a coincidence.

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2

Edited by Cysx

Well then. Can't say I expected that result, although I'm certainly not disappointed.

If we get a free CYL unit again, I was expecting to have to decide between Celica and Ephraim, because I don't really care about Hector and I don't like Camilla. But now that Veronica's here, that sorta throws a wrench in things. Probably going to have to wait until the costumes and unit types are actually revealed before I make my decision.

I'm curious how they're going to justify Veronica in the story, though. If I remember right, the Brave Heroes are summoned through some sort of ritual at Vaskrheim, so, is the ritual going to summon Veronica from an alternate timeline where the dark god doesn't frick her bloodline? I'm just really interested in what implications with may end up having for the story.

Shame about Marth, though. Screwed by the split. Hopefully IS at least gives him something to compensate, or learns from this mistake for next year.

17 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Sooooo....

Daddy Hector

Overlord Celica

Paladin Ephraim

....... Veronica.......?

Sword lord Veronica? Or maybe healer Veronica since we need colourless

actually it's neat how both male winners aren't sword lords. Variety is always great!

2 minutes ago, Reiska said:

The game's probably grown since launch.  I don't think it's that absurd to think more people may have participated than the first time.

I do.

The first one was announced in the FE direct. It would have had most of the series' fanbase voting, and with more individual votes for each person. This one didn't get so much attention. You'd likely only know about it at all if you still play Heroes, and even then it's entirely possible you missed it if you're a more casual player who isn't involved in fan sites and doesn't check the news board all the time.

9 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

None of them have existing alts....... yet ;)

"looks at 2/8 Special Banner"

As awesome as that would be, I highly doubt we'll get them that soon. Probably waiting until the summer at minimum, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come in August again, or was it September? I forget.

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I assumed there'd be more myself, I mean, considering heroes's huge success had yet to happen last time. Interesting that it's pretty much the same.

As for combined Marth, yeah, he's way above Ephraim. We'll see if anything happens.

Well, it was only half as long this time.