Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

Sadly, she didn't come with boosted BST or a unique B.Skill. She is really good for skill inheritance. I hope I get more of her some day. My normal Eirika would LOVE that Swift Sparrow + Rally ATK/SPD.

If I had her, she would probably be the replacement for Xander in my horse team.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting a chance to look over all the results. Gotta' say I'm pretty pleased with how things went. Veronica in the top females is kind of insane. I wonder if it's because people like her or if they just want her as a playable character. I kind of hope that happens for Bruno. Poor Marth still doesn't get to have his day. Maybe next year buddy. Somehow I think the FE16 lord will probably push him back yet again. XD

Of the characters I voted for...let's look at their rankings!

Spoiler

• Ishtar (43) - I don't know much about the Jugdral games, but I do know that I found her to be interesting in the bit of research I did. I'd love to see her as a GHB; a lot of people thought so too! She moved up!
  • Maribelle (51) - Not bad for my one true "waifu" I suppose; she moved on up which is great. She might have a shot at an Awakening banner.
  • Tibarn (58) - He moved up a lot too. C'mon IS. We want beast units!
  • Bruno (71) - Didn't get as lucky as Ronnie, but...I mean...actually I'm kind of surprised Surtr ranked higher. Like...how? Do people just want his OP weapon or something? What happened to the power of abs? 
  • Louise (72) - I need her. That is all.
  • Canas (89) - He moved up several spaces too! Out of everyone one my list, I think he's my next most wanted character... Nino needs her uncle.
  • Pent (112) - Actually he's another most wanted character. I need him and his wife in my life.
  • Forrest (117) - Didn't move up much... Poor guy. He'll have his day. He can get a powercreep version of daddy's tome. 
  • Nailah (125) - SHE MOVED UP A LOT. OMG. LIKE A LOT. THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY. MAYBE SHE COULD MAKE TOP 100 NEXT YEAR.
  • Lucius (170) - Didn't get to vote for him...he went down a lot. Poor child. Heroes has ruined you.
  • Edward (222) - He went down quite a bit... This doesn't bode well for the Dawn Brigade.
  • Shigure (226) - Also down... My pretty boys aren't doing so well.
  • Raven (240) - Went down. XD I think we can tell with this trend how all my other favorites ended up doing. 
  • Pelleas (306) - He edged his way up...barely.
  • Rafiel (416) - Hey! He went up quite a bit. I mean he'll probably never get into Heroes, but this is good for my self esteem. XD
  • Saleh (419) - He went up a little bit too. Not much though. XD
  • Yukimura (520) - XD He went down almost 100 places. I tried, love. I tried.

What hurts the most is that Merric went from 162 last year to 347 this year. I think his poor stats in Heroes has definitely affected his popularity. #MakeMerricGreatAgain

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Finally getting a chance to look over all the results. Gotta' say I'm pretty pleased with how things went. Veronica in the top females is kind of insane. I wonder if it's because people like her or if they just want her as a playable character. I kind of hope that happens for Bruno. Poor Marth still doesn't get to have his day. Maybe next year buddy. Somehow I think the FE16 lord will probably push him back yet again. XD

Of the characters I voted for...let's look at their rankings!

Hide contents

• Ishtar (43) - I don't know much about the Jugdral games, but I do know that I found her to be interesting in the bit of research I did. I'd love to see her as a GHB; a lot of people thought so too! She moved up!
  • Maribelle (51) - Not bad for my one true "waifu" I suppose; she moved on up which is great. She might have a shot at an Awakening banner.
  • Tibarn (58) - He moved up a lot too. C'mon IS. We want beast units!
  • Bruno (71) - Didn't get as lucky as Ronnie, but...I mean...actually I'm kind of surprised Surtr ranked higher. Like...how? Do people just want his OP weapon or something? What happened to the power of abs? 
  • Louise (72) - I need her. That is all.
  • Canas (89) - He moved up several spaces too! Out of everyone one my list, I think he's my next most wanted character... Nino needs her uncle.
  • Pent (112) - Actually he's another most wanted character. I need him and his wife in my life.
  • Forrest (117) - Didn't move up much... Poor guy. He'll have his day. He can get a powercreep version of daddy's tome. 
  • Nailah (125) - SHE MOVED UP A LOT. OMG. LIKE A LOT. THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY. MAYBE SHE COULD MAKE TOP 100 NEXT YEAR.
  • Lucius (170) - Didn't get to vote for him...he went down a lot. Poor child. Heroes has ruined you.
  • Edward (222) - He went down quite a bit... This doesn't bode well for the Dawn Brigade.
  • Shigure (226) - Also down... My pretty boys aren't doing so well.
  • Raven (240) - Went down. XD I think we can tell with this trend how all my other favorites ended up doing. 
  • Pelleas (306) - He edged his way up...barely.
  • Rafiel (416) - Hey! He went up quite a bit. I mean he'll probably never get into Heroes, but this is good for my self esteem. XD
  • Saleh (419) - He went up a little bit too. Not much though. XD
  • Yukimura (520) - XD He went down almost 100 places. I tried, love. I tried.

What hurts the most is that Merric went from 162 last year to 347 this year. I think his poor stats in Heroes has definitely affected his popularity. #MakeMerricGreatAgain

If Dark Excalibur isn't enough then I don't know what is.

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If Dark Excalibur isn't enough then I don't know what is.

I think Dark Excalibur on him is great. As is his normal weapon. I just like using him in general, but he's desperately in need of some better stats...mostly ATK. I think if his ATK wasn't so pitiful people would get a lot more use out of him. Then again, maybe not. He's no Nino, but he stole my heart anyways.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

All this time we were wondering if Eirika could overtake Camilla and Veronica comes out of nowhere, huh.

I am a little upset by this, given she likely just won because everyone's impatient to have her as a unit and by the way the story's going she'll join us sooner than later anyway, but it could have been worse.

--SPITEFUL RANT INCOMING:

My main regret is that this may have been Eirika's best chance at winning, since the female winners next year are bound to be a combination of Camilla, Loki, Tharja and the main waifu/ blatant fanservice character of FE16. However, Camilla and Tharja may rank lower if they get more seasonals, which is a given for the former's case, much like how Eirika was sabotaged by getting an alt... (I'm assuming Tharja ranked low because people are still salty about Enduring Love and/ or are currently voting for Loki, who may become playable before CYL3.)

--RANT OVER.

Even though I was voting for Camilla, I'm worried this may have been her last shot too. FE 2018's top characters are likely to push her lower just like Celica did this time. Celica skyrocketed by recency, so the new game will probably do the same for whatever characters they bring(especially if they keep the newer trend and have highly fanservicey characters again). I hope she gets the Eirika treatment and we see a permanent "CYL" version of her show up randomly anyway. I'd still really like a non-silly, non-seasonal alt for her.

At least the community just successfully forced IS to give us Veronica in some form, which is pretty neat. I wonder if they were even prepared for that or if they're caught with their pants down right now. And I wonder if they'll literally just give us Veronica period, or if it'll actually be a CYL Veronica. (meaning maybe they really do plan to give us her regular version in the future)

Spoiler
13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Even though I was voting for Camilla, I'm worried this may have been her last shot too. FE 2018's top characters are likely to push her lower just like Celica did this time. Celica skyrocketed by recency, so the new game will probably do the same for whatever characters they bring(especially if they keep the newer trend and have highly fanservicey characters again). I hope she gets the Eirika treatment and we see a permanent "CYL" version of her show up randomly anyway. I'd still really like a non-silly, non-seasonal alt for her.

At least the community just successfully forced IS to give us Veronica in some form, which is pretty neat. I wonder if they were even prepared for that or if they're caught with their pants down right now. And I wonder if they'll literally just give us Veronica period, or if it'll actually be a CYL Veronica. (meaning maybe they really do plan to give us her regular version in the future)

Since SI does not know how to run a poll, it is not too far fetch for them to be surprised. 

I would be fine with Camilla, but Veronica is much better, it's shame she couldn't beat Celica too. 

Gonna roll, for Hector and Veronica, if IS throw in Marth, I will go for him too. 

Oh and Reinhardt memeing himself into top 5 is fun too.

So there is justice in this world.
... just not for Marth (though I'm glad he didn't usurp Ephraim from 2nd place). But even with the vote split he got more votes than Camilla, which for me is quite unexpected.

That means, we will probably get:
- Celica - Princess/Rigain with Beloved Zofia or Seraphim (these are the most obvious options for her 2nd appearance)
- Ephraim - Great Knight with Garm (Eirika already has Gleipnir and he was a Great Knight in the Awakening DLC)
- Hector - General with Sword/Lance (His 2nd weapon type are Swords but Celica has arguably more chances to be the Red Unit. He could have Lances since Uther's class is General and in FE7 they only wield Lances and Axes)
- Veronica - ??? (I guess Colorless? Veronica is the Wild card in terms of weapon selection)

Some other noteworthy stuff within Top 100:
- Leif made it into Top 10. Hopefully the final Lord of the series won't take his sweet time.
- Kliff is the highest-ranking character from Echoes that isn't in the game (Silque didn't made it though, RIP).
- Sumia, Maribelle and Palne made it into Top 100. Finally a chance for Gen. 1 Awakening?
- Likewise Kaze, Charlotte, Rinkah and Flora take human spots for Fates. Keaton and Kaden are quite high as well.
- Aversa and Ishtar are the highest-ranking "villains" from the main series. GHBs incoming?
- Anna was brutally gutted by Vote splitting. Though she wouldn't have made it into Top 10 on the female side either way.

Edited by Zeratul

Poor Marth.  I hope they give him something, because he has the #2 spot overall without votesplitting.  My condolences go out to all Marth fans.

Veronica is a surprise.  I wonder what they'll do with her...

If we get a free pick again, not sure if I'll go Ephraim or Celica.  

Nooooooo, Wolt fell compared to last time, lost his top 300 spot :(.  Pls add him anyway IS.  Please.

Very disappointed to see Selkie as the highest ranked kid, ahead of even Morgan, but the fact that the latter is still close to the top 10 makes me happy. And while the sting of Ryouma, Xander, Keaton, Kaden and Selkie being in the top 20 hurts, it's largely forgotten about because Veronica saved us from Camilla. I may not have strong feelings towards her, but I'm very thankful for that, at least.

Loli Celica with Golden Dagger. Just saying it would be fun to have a child character from Echoes. But she'll likely use the Beloved Zofia.
There's talk of Hector using Rex Hausta.
Ephraim with Garm.
Veronica is maybe a staff unit since we haven't gotten a legendary staff in the game yet.

Edited by silveraura25

1. Hector and Celica - YAY!! Hector is awesome and Celica is great! Definitely deserve to be number 1!

2. Ephraim and Veronica - Yes!! Ephraim is great, and I'm very happy that Veronica beat Camilla!!!! Getting a CYL Veronica is going to be awesome!

I'm very happy with all these characters, and can't wait to see what their CYL versions will bring!

Takumi still at 8! Ryouma at 10! Both before the Nohrians. Even though Hinoka and Sakura being so low hurts, these results are good for Hoshido overall. Also good on Veronica. Of the top four, I'll probably pick Ephraim as my free one. 

39 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

- Celica - Princess/Rigain with Beloved Zofia or Seraphim (these are the most obvious options for her 2nd appearance)
- Ephraim - Great Knight with Garm (Eirika already has Gleipnir and he was a Great Knight in the Awakening DLC)
- Hector - General with Sword/Lance (His 2nd weapon type are Swords but Celica has arguably more chances to be the Red Unit. He could have Lances since Uther's class is General and in FE7 they only wield Lances and Axes)
- Veronica - ??? (I guess Colorless? Veronica is the Wild card in terms of weapon selection.

Hector was General in FE6, so lances was his alt weapon way before swords.

Edited by Tenzen12

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hector was General in FE6, so lances was his alt weapon way before swords.

FE6 Hector wasn't playable outside of Trial Maps though.
FE7 Hector's Great Lord class gave him Swords (and it is his younger self, so he technically came first anyway).

Btw. Marth showed up besides the CYL winner on the page. Maybe they make a 5-man banner with him as your 5th Hero? (probably not)

7 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

FE6 Hector wasn't playable outside of Trial Maps though.
FE7 Hector's Great Lord class gave him Swords (and it is his younger self, so he technically came first anyway).

Btw. Marth showed up besides the CYL winner on the page. Maybe they make a 5-man banner with him as your 5th Hero? (probably not)

Than again he was playable in Trial maps. Don't make it sound like it's worth nothing. (Plus this game need more lance armors).

Considering Lyn using FE6 Murgleis, him getting Maltet would make nice touch.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Than again he was playable in Trial maps. Don't make it sound like it's worth nothing. (Plus this game need more lance armors).

Considering Lyn using FE6 Murgleis, him getting Maltet would make nice touch.

*Compares an extra feature from a JP only game with international release*
Yes, it amounts to almost nothing.

Maltet makes no sense. Unlike Lyn with her Sacaen Roots he has no relation to Illia (no, Florina and Farina pairing doesn't justify it either).
If he gets a Lance, Rex Hasta makes a lot more sense since it appeared in his game as the S rank Lance. Ties in well with Raven getting Basilikos.