Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, that's not the point? All I said was that I would've preferred the top two be Marth and Ephraim. I didn't say it would've actually happened. Besides, you don't know how many people voted for all of the Marths.

Uh, you're the one who brought your preferences out of nowhere while talking about Marth's situation. And I don't see how the amount of people who voted for Marth is relevant to our conversation.

Edited by NoirCore

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Just because one likes a "loli" character doesn't mean one's sexually attracted to them. For instance, I like Myrrh because she's adorable and goes through a lot of hell, not because of some disgusting sexual attraction to one shaped like a child.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some of us find her endearing.

Reveal hidden contents

U5Jt6fP.jpg

True, but what else does Veronica have going for her besides her design? She's hardly characterized much, as is the case with most of the Heroes OCs.

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

It is extreme, but I understand where that comes from. I haven't played Fates so far, and I heard she's actually more interesting character-wise than many of us give her credit for. PROBLEM with her is that, assuming her strengths as a character  are true, they tend to be downplayed in favor of ridiculous amounts of fanservice, and guess many people get tired (myself included) of it

After playing Fates, I have endured Camilla bashing for almost three years by now. Some people won't let things go away, or let people enjoy certain characters.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but what else does Veronica have going for her besides her design? She's hardly characterized much, as is the case with most of the Heroes OCs.

Well, there are other reasons other than design. For one thing, we might really want to have Veronica on our team. We know that she isn't evil, but is actually being possessed. She stood up to Surtur and declared that she wouldn't allow the citizens of Askr to get murdered since they will be her citizens after she conquers the kingdom, even saying that a ruler's duty is to her people, and the fact that we know that Surtur intends to burn her alive meaning that we would feel a lot of sympathy for her.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm curious as to how they're going to justify her joining you at all if she hasn't in the story by that point.

Some are suspecting a cliche AU version that old Saturday morning cartoons would do. You know, good is bad, bad is good.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, she's the first villain of the game, and people have been wanting to play her since the beginning.

And considering how previous Braves all took details from their backgrounds, like their parentage, this could be her fans way of getting her more characterization or backstory. Plus there might be some memeing going on. Like, what would IS do for a Brave version of a villain? People might have voted for her out of curiosity on that regard.

Edited by RedRob

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, there are other reasons other than design. For one thing, we might really want to have Veronica on our team. We know that she isn't evil, but is actually being possessed. She stood up to Surtur and declared that she wouldn't allow the citizens of Askr to get murdered since they will be her citizens after she conquers the kingdom, even saying that a ruler's duty is to her people, and the fact that we know that Surtur intends to burn her alive meaning that we would feel a lot of sympathy for her.

That is true, Veronica does seem to just be more lonely and crying for attention than really evil. But they should expand upon that a bit. Like, WHY does she feel the need to take over kingdoms and get attention and all? Something to do with breaking whatever curse was put on her and Bruno?

And speaking of Bruno, where the hell is he? Why did he just completely disappear?

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some of us find her endearing.

Reveal hidden contents

U5Jt6fP.jpg

This is my favorite FE Heroes manga chapter. It always manages to put a smile on my face.

8 minutes ago, Midnox said:

And to her defense, she's a character that stand out the most. Not only she's an OC within the spinoff game, but she's a villain as well. It'd make an interesting dynamic with the other heroes. Hope they release another live action commercial, as cheesy as it is :P: 

Yup, getting a villain to join your party is always a lot of fun and is also interesting for story reasons.

Just now, Anacybele said:

That is true, Veronica does seem to just be more lonely and crying for attention than really evil. But they should expand upon that a bit. Like, WHY does she feel the need to take over kingdoms and get attention and all? Something to do with breaking whatever curse was put on her and Bruno?

And speaking of Bruno, where the hell is he? Why did he just completely disappear?

The desire to conquer Askr stems from her loneliness and the fact that some Grima entity is possessing her. It's a mix of the two, and thus she is going for that. 

You got me on Bruno. He just vanished.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The desire to conquer Askr stems from her loneliness and the fact that some Grima entity is possessing her. It's a mix of the two, and thus she is going for that. 

Well, I guess that could be reason enough, but I still think she could be a bit deeper.

Yup.

Is it too much trouble to simply like and appreciate the design of characters without trying to find hints of sexualisation in everything and fling shit around? Seems so.

I for one really like Halloween Nowi's outfit and design. Then there's people losing their shit and calling it out as being a sexualised design. It is revealing, but holy fuck, it's not sexualised. There's a difference, despite people thinking otherwise. People complaining about Halloween Nowi and the like seem like the type of people who would hand out towels to kids at the beach and swimming pools and tell them to cover up their midriffs. Fucking psycho.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah pretty much my thoughts they might throw him in outta nowhere finding the cure to their blood curse.

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After playing Fates, I have endured Camilla bashing for almost three years by now. Some people won't let things go away, or let people enjoy certain characters.

I dont mind you enjoying Camilla, doesnt mean i need to enjoy her too!

Was surprised when people called Veronica a loli. Didn't realize it until CYL2 and I've been playing since August. I always though she was just shorter than the Askr trio.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He's just experimenting with which clothes show off the most skin in his damaged artwork.

A lot of people talk smack about Veronica, but I can see the other contenders causing a greater shitstorm. Camilla, Eirika, Azura and Loki in second place would've blown up this forum with spiteful comments %#$^@# everywhere.

Edited by silveraura25

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

Is it too much trouble to simply like and appreciate the design of characters without trying to find hints of sexualisation in everything and fling shit around? Seems so.

I for one really like Halloween Nowi's outfit and design. Then there's people losing their shit and calling it out as being a sexualised design. It is revealing, but holy fuck, it's not sexualised. There's a difference, despite people thinking otherwise. People complaining about Halloween Nowi and the like seem like the type of people who would hand out towels to kids at the beach and swimming pools and tell them to cover up their midriffs. Fucking psycho.

Good god, I got the perfect joke for that :lol: . I won't say it, just in case XD. Anyway, sure, people making-up problems where there aren't any, like the extreme SJW :dry: 

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

How much depth can you expect from a girl that seems like she's only 10?

Well, age shouldn't be an excuse for than. However, point for making it clear it exist, they are just taking their time to show it, considering the nature of the game

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

Good god, I got the perfect joke for that :lol: . I won't say it, just in case XD. Anyway, sure, people making-up problems where there aren't any, like the extreme SJW :dry: 

Well, age shouldn't be an excuse for than. However, point for making it clear it exist, they are just taking their time to show it, considering the nature of the game

Heroes will never end so long as IS makes methods to keep it going so people can spend money on it. So Veronica will likely get infinite amounts of depth depending on how long it goes.

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

See the difference is, Ephraim being a meme and Marth being in more games aren't unfair advantages. Popularity is popularity. This poll is based on that, not on merit.

Marth's votes being divided on the other hand, is an arbitrary rule. Especially since the removal of Masked Lucina and RD Ike proved that they don't consider different versions of the same character to be distinct entities when it comes to getting a CYL unit spot. Furthermore, I think I can safely say that very few of the voters would refuse a SD Marth winning over a FE3 one.

Marth as a character has garnered more votes than Ephraim, yet he lost. No cherrypicking involved in being able to see that it's wrong in some way. That being said you're right, the rules are the rules, and it would suck for Ephraim to be demoted now.

Also a lot of multiple accounts voting happened, they should really do something about that next time. There's no point if some people have 7 votes over a week, and others 350. Then again, maybe they don't care.

But that's the thing.  You're assuming CYL is simply a popularity contest and it's not.  One reason is because there is vote splitting.  Another reason is that CYL happened to be announced right around the time SS characters were being released which allowed people to have SS (Ephraim & Eirika) in mind.  I guarantee if they just released a bunch of SD characters, Marth would have won.  There's also another advantage Marth had where people were touting that FE had abandoned Marth and therefore people should vote for him (which isn't even true).  

I think Marth fans should be a little salty, just like I would be salty if Ephraim lost.  It's basic human nature to be competitive and I don't have an issue with competition.  What I don't like is when people lose and they point at one thing and say "That's the only reason he lost".  Well, if Ephraim lost I could point at Smash and say "That's the reason Ephraim lost".  But you can't point at one thing, because there are a multitude of reasons one player wins over another.  

Anytime someone loses a competition by a very small margin it's very easy to point at one thing and say that's why, but there's a million other reasons that came into play as well.

Edited by Lushen

I think an interesting theme would be Hector, Ephraim, Celica wearing some sort of "elite" Emblian armour/outfits and serving the Emblian cause for Veronica - she herself wearing some sort of distinguished Emblian outfit that's different to her standard one.

I'm fine with the winners. I really like Celica and Hector, so it is cool seeing them on top. I'm fine with Ephraim, though I would've also liked seeing Brave units for Marth or Alm. I guess we'll be getting Veronica earlier than I expected. It seems like if we get a CYL 2 voting gauntlet, then the characters in it will be Hector, Ephraim, Marth, Alm, Celica, Veronica, Camilla, and Eirika. I'm looking forward to seeing what our new set of Brave units will be like.

1 minute ago, LaserDuda said:

I'm fine with the winners. I really like Celica and Hector, so it is cool seeing them on top. I'm fine with Ephraim, though I would've also liked seeing Brave units for Marth or Alm. I guess we'll be getting Veronica earlier than I expected. It seems like if we get a CYL 2 voting gauntlet, then the characters in it will be Hector, Ephraim, Marth, Alm, Celica, Veronica, Camilla, and Eirika. I'm looking forward to seeing what our new set of Brave units will be like.

That means summonable Veronica in VG banner

At least Marth has a chance winning next year

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The reason that Veronica is conquering other kingdoms is because in chapter 9 -5, she's trying to fulfill she father's dream to conquering the world. The curse is just pushing her further. I wish this detail got more  got more attention in the story. 

Spoiler

Sharena: I don't understand that Veronica. Her father, the Emperor of Embla, was the one who hoarded Heroes and warred with Askr. When he died, Embla declared that his war was over. We had peace, until she started it all up again!

Alfonse: Her father was very popular among their people. He had ambitions to make Embla powerful and prosperous. His dream was their dream—so much so that when he died...some of his citizens took their lives. Such was the dakness behind Embla's imperial glory.

Anna: But hope reigned again when the crown went to his wife, the Empress, who had no dreams of conquest. Veronica is not her daughter, however, but rather that of his first wife—the previous Empress. And Veronica, one day, began going into other worlds of her own accord, just like her father. She wanted to invade Askr again too.

Alfonse: The people of Embla, even its top advisors, love her for it. They have given her their full support. They see Veronica as the true heir of Embla, carrying her father's blood and dreaming his dream.

Sharena: But though Veronica has their support, she seems so...lonely.

As for the second point, I guessing he's working out in the gym.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont mind you enjoying Camilla, doesnt mean i need to enjoy her too!

I'm not saying that you need to like Camilla, just that I'm a bit tried of the treatment she gets in certain parts of the fandom.