Jump to content
Coolmanio

Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Recommended Posts

Make your bets. Who'll win the CYL? My money is on Celica, Eirika, Hector and Sigurd.

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rezanator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

I completely misread it. The game only has super effective dragon swords. Eliwood with a lance would be a good fit.

Maybe an effect to attack Res, Distant Defense or working like a refined Breath. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bun said:

I hope they only allow one vote per character this time, would make it more of a proper popularity contest imo. Otherwise those giving multiple votes to the same character have a much bigger impact on the results compared to those that spread their votes out, which feels kind of unfair.

 

They called them "special heroes" the first time too so I don't think you need to read too much into the terminology they're using.

The problem with that is that there are way too many heroes to choose from. It would cause too many polarized chararacters because you can only choose one between favorites, with some characters possibly receiving 0 simply being inferior to other favorite characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’d be fine with FE6 Eliwood. Give him Maltet and we’re good. 

Reinhardt? Expect him to be in the top 10. FEH worked MIRACLES for him. 

I'm holding out for him being the GHB when a Thracia banner is released. The best candidate has already ruined many a player's win streak, and Kempf seems like he's at least in the pool for next best choice along with like Saias, Galzus, and Rayderick. Still, might throw like him or Areone a vote.

How did I forget though, Ares! It'd be interesting to see what pimped out effect they give Mysteltainn and if Eldigan would get access to it.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Make your bets. Who'll win the VG? My money is on Celica, Eirika, Hector and Sigurd.

Do you mean CYL2?

It’s hard to tell at this point. 

Celica & Eirika: No. I can see Delthea getting more votes. 

Hector: Only if RDIke isn’t there.

Sigurd: The Japanese like him a lot so he could end up in the top 20. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Do you mean CYL2?

It’s hard to tell at this point. 

Celica & Eirika: No. I can see Delthea getting more votes. 

Hector: Only if RDIke isn’t there.

Sigurd: The Japanese like him a lot so he could end up in the top 20. 

 

I only think Celica might get a good ranking because of her being a lord and Echoes being new. I know that not many people like her character arc, but what's the opinion of her in Japan?

I can see why they like Sigurd. His VA is so good

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, silveraura25 said:

I only think Celica might get a good ranking because of her being a lord and Echoes being new. I know that not many people like her character arc, but what's the opinion of her in Japan?

Celica is rather disliked in Japan from what I’ve seen. Her clone status in FE Warriors didn’t do her any favors. Delthea and Luthier, however, are pretty popular. Tobin could also get meme’d so he can get a better alt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

I completely misread it. The game only has super effective dragon swords. Eliwood with a lance would be a good fit.

They haven't given any of Elibe's legendary weapons the dragon-effective effect yet, though.

Maltet's effect should totally be "if special triggers outside of battle, special cooldown count -3" for a guaranteed Growing/Blazing Fire/Thunder/Wind/Light every time you initiate combat.

 

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Maybe an effect to attack Res, Distant Defense or working like a refined Breath. 

Maltet increases Skill in the original game. No weapon in this game is out-of-character compared to some version of it in the main series.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Celica is rather disliked in Japan from what I’ve seen. Her clone status in FE Warriors didn’t do her any favors. Delthea and Luthier, however, are pretty popular. Tobin could also get meme’d so he can get a better alt. 

Wow. That's a surprise. Are there any characters whose popularity has been polarized in Japan since their arrival in Heroes?

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I didn't vote in the initial CYL but can't you vote for unlimited heroes in CYL?  That would mean some people might vote for Ephraim even if Ephraim isn't their favorite which mirrors the CYL with the 'backup' voters.  Though people may intentionally not vote for Ephraim if they want someone else to win b/c Ephraim is competition.  Kinda like why I'm not voting for Chrom even though I think he's pretty neat.

Nope, you had 13 votes. (Looks like 7 this time.) Could be all for the same character, or all for different characters, but only 13 total. Meaning a lot of people might like him, but maybe not enough to make their top 13.

9 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

The problem with that is that there are way too many heroes to choose from. It would cause too many polarized chararacters because you can only choose one between favorites, with some characters possibly receiving 0 simply being inferior to other favorite characters.

No, I'm saying the opposite; I hope everyone gets 7 votes, but they have to be for different characters. That way people won't just vote-bomb their top favorite, like the first time. (Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1: Berkut! Give him Kriemhild with Distant Counter! And give him a unique distant attack animation where Rinea attacks in his place! That's my dream... My prince will one day be viable...

2: Alm. I love Alm too much, and I can't help but feel he got the short end of the stick here.

3: Rath, I know what you're thinking, ANOTHER Bow on a horse? But Rath is too interesting of a character imo

4: Medeus, pretty self explanatory. First Major Villain in the franchise deserves to be in the game. And it'd be cool if he got his on unique Legendary Dragon Stone. And he could probably pass as an Armored Dragon unit too.

Unsure of my other choices, only time will tell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only predict the male b/c my thotmeter is in the shop.

1.  Hector
2.  Chrom vs Ephraim Tossup
Reinhardt COULD get involved but I doubt it.

Hector is going to blow everyone out of the water but Chrom and Ephraim both have a shot.  I personally think the Ike voters will go more into Ephraim than they will into Chrom b/c I would imagine FE9/FE10 lovers have more likely played the GBA games than the 3DS games.  But I'm really not sure.  The Roy voters will disperse all over b/c lets be honest the only reason he won is because of smash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I can only predict the male b/c my thotmeter is in the shop.

1.  Hector
2.  Chrom vs Ephraim Tossup
Reinhardt COULD get involved but I doubt it.

Hector is going to blow everyone out of the water but Chrom and Ephraim both have a shot.  I personally think the Ike voters will go more into Ephraim than they will into Chrom b/c I would imagine FE9/FE10 lovers have more likely played the GBA games than the 3DS games.  But I'm really not sure.  The Roy voters will disperse all over b/c lets be honest the only reason he won is because of smash.

Ephraim's popularity might have been skyrocketed with Weapon Refinement. Then again, W!Chrom is one of the best green units in the game.

Hector's spot might be secured with double QR/wary fighter

Never liked Roy. Despite having B!Roy, I prefer using Eliwood, whose one of the best lords character judging by personality. His performance in Blazing Sword is shit though.

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Levin Sword is iconic for Robin, being his weapon in Smash Bros and Warriors. He deserves his weapon!!!!

Not a big fan of it. Robin was mixed in Awakening. But Smash RUINED it because sword lordism plagued the rest of the FE Smash cast.

Ignore the capitalization there, just a little annoyed about the Levin Sword, since it forgets that Robin was originally mixed, even if the movie clips emphasized magic (which I think it did partly out of it being easier to make it look good in first person, which is important because of Robin's face malleability). 

And I shall admit I pretty much ignored the Bronze Sword and sent Robin on a Magic binge throughout Awakening, since tomes rule and swords drool more than anything else but bows.

 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

My top priority is to put some clothes on Nowi this year.

She's like a 4 year old, she'll just throw a tantrum and refuse to get dressed.

 

I won't vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Ephraim's popularity might have been skyrocketed with Weapon Refinement. Then again, W!Chrom is one of the best green units in the game.

Hector's spot might be secured with double QR/wary fighter

Yes but WChrom is actually a problem for Chrom I think.  We have 3 Chroms.  Will that make people want another Chrom less?  I'm not entirely sure but I think it will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ice DragonWe’ll have to wait and see. I’m still waiting on a refinement for Zephiel’s Eckesachs that’s more true to its effect in FE6.

@silveraura25 Reinhardt certainly has gotten more popular in Japan. As for other recent characters like Camilla, if the New Year’s banner is any indication, they’re pretty tired of Fates/Awakening seasonals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord-Zero said:

@Ice DragonWe’ll have to wait and see. I’m still waiting on a refinement for Zephiel’s Eckesachs that’s more true to its effect in FE6.

@silveraura25 Reinhardt certainly has gotten more popular in Japan. As for other recent characters like Camilla, if the New Year’s banner is any indication, they’re pretty tired of Fates/Awakening seasonals. 

Wow! The Japanese are really starting to scare me if they're tired of Cowmilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only voting for Micaiah. Don't really care who wins this one.
Really don't want Hector or Ephraim to win but I can't be so lucky ; (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Make your bets. Who'll win the VG? My money is on Celica, Eirika, Hector and Sigurd.

For the males side my money is on Chrom and Hector. Hector has enough fans that he'll probably stay where he is but I think Chrom could pass him thanks to Warriors. 

As for the females... That's tougher. I'd like to say Eirika will move up and Azura will get a boost because of Warriors and just how good she is in Heroes in all her variations. But then again this fanbase somehow thought Tharja, Camilla, F!Corrin and Nowi belonged in the top 10 so...

Edited by Tactical Canadian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I'm only voting for Micaiah. Don't really care who wins this one.
Really don't want Hector or Ephraim to win but I can't be so lucky ; (

I hope they give her dark magic then. Red tome Micaiah maybe. I can't believe we're still waiting on Pelleas when he could have taken Zelgius's place

7 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yes but WChrom is actually a problem for Chrom I think.  We have 3 Chroms.  Will that make people want another Chrom less?  I'm not entirely sure but I think it will.

That is true. People would be tired of Chrom's running rampart.

4 minutes ago, Tactical Canadian said:

For the males side my money is on Chrom and Hector. Hector has enough fans that he'll probably stay where he is but I think Chrom could pass him thanks to Warriors. 

As for the females... That's tougher. I'd like to say Eirika will move up and Azura will get a boost because of Warriors and just how good she is in Heroes in all her variations. But then again this fanbase somehow though Tharja, Camilla, F!Corrin and Nowi belonged in the top 10 so...

Apparently the Japanese are tired of Camilla ever since the NY banner.

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Wow! The Japanese are really starting to scare me if they're tired of Cowmilla.

It’s more like IS advertised the NY banner as a Hoshidan thing and they shoehorned a Nohrian there while having only one true Hoshidan. M!Corrin and Azura are Vallite. Ryoma, Hinoka and Sakura were left in the dust. Well, at least Sakura had a Halloween alt. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I hope they give her dark magic then. Red tome Micaiah maybe. I can't believe we're still waiting on Pelleas when he could have taken Zelgius's place

I'm fine with mostly anyone from FE10. Was just waiting for them to finally add my favorite cast in.
If Lyn was in I wouldn't throw her any votes, I love Lyn but I want Micaiah to get a special version too.
Although I assume they're going to remove the winners from the 1st round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They haven't given any of Elibe's legendary weapons the dragon-effective effect yet, though.

Maltet's effect should totally be "if special triggers outside of battle, special cooldown count -3" for a guaranteed Growing/Blazing Fire/Thunder/Wind/Light every time you initiate combat.

The only weapon effective against dragons in the Falchion and the Naga tomes. More weapons with that effect would be useful with the new enemy manakis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s more like IS advertised the NY banner as a Hoshidan thing and they shoehorned a Nohrian there while having only one true Hoshidan. M!Corrin and Azura are Vallite. Ryoma, Hinoka and Sakura were left in the dust. Well, at least Sakura had a Halloween alt. 

Japanese feel offended. A westerner comes in and kicks out a Japanese person from a festival in Japan. It's pretty funny when you think about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sophie said:

Although I assume they're going to remove the winners from the 1st round.

I hope so because I can see people trying to make them into repeat winners for the sake of trolling. 

RDIke could still sneak in, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...