Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Is it too much trouble to simply like and appreciate the design of characters without trying to find hints of sexualisation in everything and fling shit around? Seems so.

I for one really like Halloween Nowi's outfit and design. Then there's people losing their shit and calling it out as being a sexualised design. It is revealing, but holy fuck, it's not sexualised. There's a difference, despite people thinking otherwise. People complaining about Halloween Nowi and the like seem like the type of people who would hand out towels to kids at the beach and swimming pools and tell them to cover up their midriffs. Fucking psycho.

I'm not too familiar with her Halloween design, but from memory it's probably better than her default.

49 minutes ago, Raven said:

Marth will get his time to shine, one day. I am one of those who believe he is also on the landing page with the four main winners for some reason.

Here's hoping for TT Marth.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Camilla, Eirika, Azura and Loki in second place would've blown up this forum with spiteful comments

Wait, why Eirika? Because she just got a cavalry form? That sounds petty, considering Ike got a new version too. You could even add Zelgius to the discussion, since we could have gotten Jill or Haar or another RD favourite in his banner. Heck, I was hoping we'd get Edward as 4* Wrath fodder.

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Another reason is that CYL happened to be announced right around the time SS characters were being released which allowed people to have SS (Ephraim & Eirika) in mind.

This arguably backfired since Eirika got an alt in said banner which killed her momentum :'P

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I take it that it'll be some time before their new outfits to come in after these results.

I still believe last year's Brave Units took so long because IS wanted to ensure they'd always be relevant - meaning they waited to see what the meta would be like. Granted; designing the units and getting the artists and VAs in also takes time, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get them earlier than last time.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I think an interesting theme would be Hector, Ephraim, Celica wearing some sort of "elite" Emblian armour/outfits and serving the Emblian cause for Veronica - she herself wearing some sort of distinguished Emblian outfit that's different to her standard one.

Ooh, I like this idea! IS could probably double down on the "alternate universe where Veronica is good" idea and make the other three her personal guard or something~

56 minutes ago, Raven said:

Marth will get his time to shine, one day. I am one of those who believe he is also on the landing page with the four main winners for some reason.

Maybe he'll be a Tempest Trial reward, as Joshua was for the Farfetched Heroes?

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm not too familiar with her Halloween design, but from memory it's probably better than her default.

I wouldn't say that. If anything, the massive sleeves only drew more attention to how little she wore elsewhere.

Edited by DefyingFates

24 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Will you be pulling for any of these characters? If not then at the very least, out of these 4 who will you use your free pick on? The only one I won't be pulling for is Hector. My free pull will probably be red or green.

Hmm idk I got all four of the others so Hopefully I keep my wits about me and don’t pull for them all. 

I’ll wait to see their skills before I pull, or if someone’s design really impresses me 

Weren't the Brave Heroes supposed to have been wished into existence? (Based on the Paralouge) 

This makes me think that they won't actually have to change the story, since Brave Veronica will be a different character than original Veronica. Bridal Charloote is a precedent for a hero who got a variant before a normal form

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, why Eirika? Because she just got a cavalry form? That sounds petty, considering Ike got a new version too. You could even add Zelgius to the discussion, since we could have gotten Jill or Haar or another RD favourite.

I'm totally on board with Zelgius not belonging in that banner. Would've wanted Jill. I'm not that affected by Gleipneirika that much. It's just that there are a lot people who think that she already got brave variant. Don't need another brave hero when you already stole a spot on a banner (I don't mean offense towards Eirika). RD!Ike being a legendary hero is pretty meh in my opinion since he wasn't stealing anyone's place in a banner as well as I wasn't excited about him (he's pretty meh to me, PoR Ike is better IMO). Plus it's a legendary banner so I don't give a crap who's on it (my wallet has suffered because of me and my bad descions)

Edited by silveraura25

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe we left off with Bruno going off on his own to try and find a way to break the curse that he and Veronica are inflicted with.

Yeah, I know, but it'd be interesting to see him return again instead of disappear forever to be forgotten...

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

RD!Ike being a legendary hero is pretty meh in my opinion since he wasn't stealing anyone's place in a banner

Could have been Anri, Marth, Hartmut, Gawain, Altina, Dheginhansea, etc.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Could have been Anri, Marth, Hartmut, Gawain, Altina, Dheginhansea, etc.

This was before we knew they could do something like that. We all thought it would be OCs. Dheginhansea is more of a GHB IMO. Gawain and Marth, maybe. Not sure about Anri and Altina.

I am quite happy with the results! Even though I only managed to vote five times, everyone I voted for won! (save for Micaiah) I love Hector and Ephraim because they are both amazing lords and I have "veteran bias." Veronica I voted for just for the kicks and to see if we could get a Heroes OC Villain as a playable character (so I am pleasantly surprised that she got 2nd). I will admit I jumped onto the Celica bandwagon after seeing a couple comments here and the midterm results, but I like Celica anyway.

Next time around I'm still likely to keep voting Micaiah (Priestess Micaiah when?), but the other votes are up in the air. At the moment I am leaning towards F!Morgan, and may toss a vote Marth's way to give him the recognition he deserves.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

This was before we knew they could do something like that. We all thought it would be OCs. Dheginhansea is more of a GHB IMO. Gawain and Marth, maybe. Not sure about Anri and Altina.

Marth would be a logical choice. As for characters like Anri, Ike would seem to indicate that they won't be using the lore characters. Unless they want to imply Ike is on a level above the other lords.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

But the fact that it was Ike means that any other existing character could have been there instead, and that going forward, everyone being added as a Legendary Hero is taking a spot someone else could have taken (and Ike shouldn't be treated any differently as any future Legendary Hero in that regard).

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Marth would be a logical choice. As for characters like Anri, Ike would seem to indicate that they won't be using the lore characters. Unless they want to imply Ike is on a level above the other lords.

And Masked Marth would seem to indicate that Tempest Trials rewards would be variant characters with no default skills other than a weapon. That assumption didn't last long.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But the fact that it was Ike means that any other existing character could have been there instead, and that going forward, everyone being added as a Legendary Hero is taking a spot someone else could have taken (and Ike shouldn't be treated any differently as any future Legendary Hero in that regard).

And Masked Marth would seem to indicate that Tempest Trials rewards would be variant characters with no default skills other than a weapon. That assumption didn't last long.

I'm working on what we have here. Besides, characters like Anri are more obscure. Characters like Marth, Chrom, Lyn, Lucina, Hector, Eirika etc. are more likely for people to want. Not to say no one wants an Anri, I kind of do myself, but it makes more sense, which, granted, doesn't mean they'll do it. 

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just this once I'm okay with someone unexpected appearing as a legendary hero. Just because we didn't see this happen. I would've said the same thing if it was Marth, Gawain or any other potential unit that would've been on the legendary hero banner instead of Ike. One time exception

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

That's exactly what they saying

Spoiler
  • Anna: We don't know. Though the Order of Heroes has been doing its best to keep an eye on her...we failed. That's not the worst of it, I'm afraid. The Hero she's contracted is said to be the strongest in all the worlds...
  • Alfonse: The strongest of all Heroes? You can't mean...
  • Anna: I'm afraid I do. You may know him as the Radiant Hero... I'm talking about Ike

By heroes lore Ike is strongest hero of all worlds. That of course include all lords as well. As I noted before picking Ike as legendary hero is valid choice considering this was in game for quite while.

Edited by Tenzen12

13 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hide contents
  • Anna: We don't know. Though the Order of Heroes has been doing its best to keep an eye on her...we failed. That's not the worst of it, I'm afraid. The Hero she's contracted is said to be the strongest in all the worlds...
  • Anna: I'm afraid I do. You may know him as the Radiant Hero... I'm talking about Ike

By heroes lore Ike is strongest hero of all worlds. That of course include all lords as well. As I noted before picking Ike as legendary hero is valid choice considering this was in game for quite while.

And yet that was PoR Ike they were talking about(right?). IS really likes to push that narrative, but at the same time, I'd be surprised if they said no to easy money because of it.

I’m surprised Celica won, I always considered her the weakest ladies in terms of story, but at least it wasn’t a big breasted lady. As for Veronica, I don’t even get to why villains are allowed in the Poll. It’s ‘heroes’ not ‘villains’ Though I’m curious to see how they would make a character like Anankos playable.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I call foul on all that anyway. To say Ike is the best is insulting to all the rest. They hype him up too much. There's no real reason to say he's truly stronger, but they must Ike pander for whatever reason. In any case, there is still a difference in being the strongest, and completely outstripping them. There is also the key word "strongest" not "best." There are other merits to a hero.

Veronica made it into 2nd. Can't wait to see what they do for a special edition of her. And Celica stayed on top, that's cool. Hector and Ephraim staying on top is okay with me too.

I wish Marth had gotten into 2nd, but hopefully IntSys noticed how popular he is, so he'll probably get a seasonal alt of some kind (maybe a Halloween costume where he dresses up as Lucina?). And a Legendary version of some sort, but after Ike, Hero King Marth makes sense as a Legendary Hero to me.

As for how I think these four could go unit-wise...

Hector's probably going to be a Lance Armor with either Rex Hasta. We could use more Lance Armors, and Hector could add a non-seasonal one, so it would be nice to see this.

Celica's probably going to end up a Sword Infantry with Beloved Zofia. Swords were her weapon type in Echoes, and the Beloved Zofia was IIRC for Celica only, so it makes sense.

Ephraim's going to be an Axe Cavalry with Garm. Granted, I would've bet on this happening anyway, but it would make sense.

Finally, Veronica's going to be a Dagger Flyer with a legendary knife (mini-Seigfrieds?). Veronica's pretty much a license to do whatever IntSys feels like, and this seems like the most reasonable way to get a Dagger flyer. I'm probably gonna be wrong about this one, but I look forward to seeing how they make a special Veronica.

That way, we cover every weapon color and movement type in one banner.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

My quick thoughts:

-Hector and Ephraim were no surprised considering how they both placed in the top 10 last year
-First instance where having two versions of a character (Marth) screws them from winning. Not sure how I feel about that
-Reinhardt was a complete surprise, but I'm glad he's getting this much love (even if it's mainly through hilarious memes)

-Kinda shocked that Tharja placed 10th. Was expecting Tharja to place higher than Camilla cause FEH has given Camilla more attention (via costumes) compare to Tharja
-Also shocked at how low Corrin placed as well, not sure why though (maybe also given too much attention)
-Neat that Nino placed higher compared to last year
-Not surprised that Eirika didn't win, the Sacred Memories banner kinda killed her momentum. Otherwise, I'm sure she could've won
-So uh, how did Veronica win? O-o (not that I'm angry or anything)

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I call foul on all that anyway. To say Ike is the best is insulting to all the rest. They hype him up too much. There's no real reason to say he's truly stronger, but they must Ike pander for whatever reason. In any case, there is still a difference in being the strongest, and completely outstripping them. There is also the key word "strongest" not "best." There are other merits to a hero.

Why are you trying to differentiate "best" and "strongest" when Anna and Alfonse don't use the word "best" anywhere in that quote? They only call him the strongest hero.

They already went out of their way to portray Ike as the strongest in Awakening so there's nothing wrong with what Anna and Alfonse say.

Spoiler

Avatar: What all do you know about this Radiant Hero, anyway?

Chrom: Only what the legends tell—that he's an unparalleled warrior from another world. They say he felled thousands with a divine blade blessed by Ashera herself.

Edited by Hekselka

I think Hector will remain an axe unit, move 2 spaces, and have Wolf Beil. 

Ephraim will be a mounted lance unit wielding Reginlief.

Celica will be a sword unit with Beloved Zofia. 

Veronica will be a bow unit with a Heroes original legendary bow.

And as a surprise (even though it's not a surprise) Marth will get a Brave variation as well since he was screwed out of winning, as a sword unit on a horse.