What character is your main?

Denomon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the idea if main is kinda out of place since basically you need to use most units.

Anyways, my favorite per weapons are:

Sword: it's a tie between Lianna and Chrom, but most sword users are awesome. I love Marth's strong attacks as well.

Axe: Frederick, early game mobility and hitting hard save my days and helped me grab some S ranks at History Map. I also hate Lissa's Strong III where she falls to the floor, I said wtf.

Lance: Hinoka, good fucking lord she hits hard with her Warrior Special. And Hinokopter is tons fun, besides Hectorcopter.

Bow: Takumi, I guess I find him the best since Sakura struggles a bit at killing non flying enemies, plus his special is cool. I haven't used Niles though.

Tomes/Stones: Elise/Leo, I love Ginnungagap, and Tiki doesn't appeal to me quite enough to like her.

This is without using DLC units and Lyn/Celica because I'm still on my 1st run :)

9 hours ago, John Denver Fan said:

I used to main Camilla. But now I main Elise because I'm going to try to do the dreaded magic only stage with Validar in Together to The End.

I'd worry more about the bow only stage on that same map unless you unlocked Anna and/or have DLC. All the same, however, I dislike tome/stone only stages.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Sword : Rowan at first then now, Lyn. 

Lance : Cordelia but now, Azura! 

Axe: Lissa 

Bow: Anna

Tome : Elise 

Stone : Tiki (no way!) 

I really like Chrom and Daraen too, as I'm playing every characters, it was kinda hard to choose them! 

Sword- Chrom hands down, first FE husband and only husband in Awakening, love his combos, and he kills everything 1 vs 1. Lyn is my runner up cause she's my first FE lord but Astra on her makes playing more difficult so I field Chrom more.

Lance- Azura now and forever, I am indebted to whoever crafted her specials and combos. Cordelia wins for lance flyier.

Axe- Camilla for when smashing hordes is necessary, but Lisa for intricate fighting.

Bow- Niles despite hating his character because his resistance is so good plus he has more strength than Sakura despite how much I love her character and my bows really only are used for killing flying or magic enemies.

Tome- Robin wins and deploys every time unless there's a rare case where Elise is needed to guard/heal base.

On 21.1.2018 at 2:56 AM, Quintessence said:

Bow: Takumi, I guess I find him the best since Sakura struggles a bit at killing non flying enemies, plus his special is cool. I haven't used Niles though.

4 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Bow- Niles despite hating his character because his resistance is so good plus he has more strength than Sakura despite how much I love her character and my bows really only are used for killing flying or magic enemies.

You guys do know about the topsy turvy skill right? Sakura's strength stat is irrelevant, it's her magic that's important and allows her to deal with enemies the other archers tend to struggle with. You really should give that a try, Sakura won't be struggling to kill anything except mages.

Edited by Nanima

54 minutes ago, Nanima said:

You guys do know about the topsy turvy skill right? Sakura's strength stat is irrelevant, it's her magic that's important and allows her to deal with enemies the other archers tend to struggle with. You really should give that a try, Sakura won't be struggling to kill anything except mages.

Oh yeah, I know Topsy-Turvey works well on Sakura and I use her sometimes against knights, but Robin or Elise always seem to tear through knights and other low resistance units faster and Elise has mounted utility as well. The only thing Sakura kills well is knights and wyvern riders because even with wingslayer, Pegasus knights take her awhile to kill with Topsy- Turvey. Niles quickly kills anything that flies plus anything magical.

I took Topsy-Turvey off of Lissa due to the fact she murders anything with a lance well and anything magical too.

Edited by Liliesgrace

7 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Oh yeah, I know Topsy-Turvey works well on Sakura and I use her sometimes against knights, but Robin or Elise always seem to tear through knights and other low resistance units faster and Elise has mounted utility as well. The only thing Sakura kills well is knights and wyvern riders because even with wingslayer, Pegasus knights take her awhile to kill with Topsy- Turvey. Niles quickly kills anything that flies plus anything magical.

I took Topsy-Turvey off of Lissa due to the fact she murders anything with a lance well and anything magical too.

It's strange how different perspectives can get, but Robin is an exclusive magic cannon to me that lacks Sakura's utility staff, while Elise just never seems to kill that much (mostly use her as a very mobile heal bot) very fast. Pegasi never take that much time either. But maybe I just pour more resources into Sakura because I honestly just like her better than any of the magic focused units. As for Niles killing things faster physically, he pales in comparison to Takumi. Whatever resistance he has on him is worthless to me, since I just dodge out of the way of attacks anyway and there's nothing that will kill a character too quickly for you to heal in a pinch. 

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Actually I used her a bit with topsy turvy and even then she struggled to kill units fast. Don't get me wrong she is decent but not the delete button Takumi hits when he procs his special.

On 20.1.2018 at 12:28 AM, Anacybele said:

Finally someone else that uses him! :D I was getting real sad here.

I would use him, as in control him, if he - like the other mounted people (Xander, Leo, Elise and the fliers) - didn't cover the entire 3DS screen. I always deploy him, because of his ability to get to places really quickly and enough power to take care of troublesome stuff on his own, especially since I made several super effective weapons exclusively for him.
Also, Lissa is just too gosh darn cute.

20 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The face that I main tiki is the sole reason why I play with japanese audio.

Same, though her british accent is really adorable. I actually tend to play Japanese because F!Corrin is set as my system voice

Edited by DragonFlames

I tend to be adaptive as I can, since I try to build supports on missions where I can get away with it. Since I prioritize skills from that, that means Chrom and Ryoma saw a rather lot of play.

Going by general preference, if I've got no other goal I'm working toward, Tiki is my first pick, because rampaging dragon with infinite Awakening who brings in all the treasure. There's nothing about that situation that isn't a total win. Oh, and Tiki can completely stunlock Velezark, which is great for those History maps that like to spawn him at the very end. Next would be Lianna/Rowan because their move set is really stupid, as in able to stunlock multiple officers at once with really tight hitbox timing that doesn't allow them to possibly escape through randomly deciding to do an armoured move, unlike Chrom or Ryoma with their longer pauses. They also have their Strong VI for really good mook mashing. Then Chrom/Lucina, as, while their move set isn't quite as good (not as good mook mashing and their officer stunlocks are a little bit jankier and slower), they're still very strong overall.

Special mentions to: Camilla for being a massive crowd murderer who makes timed missions a lot less frustrating; Fred for his hook-and-drag, which is always satisfying to watch, even if it sometimes randomly unlatches in the middle of the animation; and Anna, for her really silly Dual Musou and victory animations.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I would use him, as in control him, if he - like the other mounted people (Xander, Leo, Elise and the fliers) - didn't cover the entire 3DS screen. I always deploy him, because of his ability to get to places really quickly and enough power to take care of troublesome stuff on his own, especially since I made several super effective weapons exclusively for him.

Huh, I didn't know about that. Since I play the Switch version. Frederick IS a big dude with all that armor, his horse, and how tall he is. :P

I tend to use Marth and Ryoma a lot due to trying to put their Skills onto everyone, but the movesets I enjoy the most and use the most are Robin, Oboro, and Lyn, probably. The archer movesets are pretty fun, too- of the four, I use Anna the most.

Been trying to work up all of the characters, but I use Lucina, Takumi and Azura when I want it to be easier. Which is definitely bias based on favoritism. Cordelia/Hinoka are characters I didn't have any attachment to prior to this game that I've been enjoying playing as well.

On the subject of Tiki, am I the only one here who finds her to be too dependent on Awakening to be effective? (For the record, when playing the Hyrule Warriors games, I never felt Young Link was dependent on Focus Spirit to take enemies out in a decent timeframe)

On January 19, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Anacybele said:

Finally someone else that uses him! :D I was getting real sad here.

Speaking of, I like using Frederick - he doesn't feel rather unwieldy like Camilla does (I don't like that having her play the MythBusters Concerto in C4 is laggy as all hell, thus leading to having a bad time when she doesn't have the weapon advantage. Granted, she's good for timed onslaughts, but... at least one of the ones where I feel I'd really need her has Lucina spawn mid-fight, which is no bueno). 

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of, I like using Frederick - he doesn't feel rather unwieldy like Camilla does (I don't like that having her play the MythBusters Concerto in C4 is laggy as all hell, thus leading to having a bad time when she doesn't have the weapon advantage. Granted, she's good for timed onslaughts, but... at least one of the ones where I feel I'd really need her has Lucina spawn mid-fight, which is no bueno). 

Oh, awesome. ^^ Just kinda hate feeling like I'm the only person that uses him a lot and as my main axe. Near everyone else says Lissa... I don't even see many people say Camilla either.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, awesome. ^^ Just kinda hate feeling like I'm the only person that uses him a lot and as my main axe. Near everyone else says Lissa... I don't even see many people say Camilla either.

I actually like Frederick a lot. He has a brutal, fluid kit with a lot of weight to it. The problem with him as a Vanguard is his low luck stat, which makes Luna, Lethality, and several other useful skills essentially worthless on him. Generally speaking, low luck characters are more useful as Supports than as Vanguards. 

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I actually like Frederick a lot. He has a brutal, fluid kit with a lot of weight to it. The problem with him as a Vanguard is his low luck stat, which makes Luna, Lethality, and several other useful skills essentially worthless on him. Generally speaking, low luck characters are more useful as Supports than as Vanguards. 

Yeah, that luck part does suck for him. :(

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I suppose you could hope that the SD and Awakening dlc characters include skills that would make building him more interesting. It would be nice to have more skills not based on luck.

Yeah, totally.

42 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

On the subject of Tiki, am I the only one here who finds her to be too dependent on Awakening to be effective? (For the record, when playing the Hyrule Warriors games, I never felt Young Link was dependent on Focus Spirit to take enemies out in a decent timeframe)

While true, without her dragon form, manaketes cannot fight (unless you're Corrin) as she puts it. It makes sense, if you ask me, even if it can be a little detrimental to her ability, such as in duels

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wouldn't use her for timed onslaughts, but I had some good experience using her in her human form, as well. The attack where she drops a giant Dragonstone in front of her is a surprisingly effective A.O.E., I found. But I can definitely see where you're coming from.
The one thing I really dislike about Tiki, Awakening mode or not, is her giant weakness to Chrom, Lucina, Marth and Lyn, which really limits her usability, especially in Arena battles. But the same is true for Corrin and Camilla.

16 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

She does, but it's a nearly irrelevant problem since it only comes into play at the very start of the map. She needs 30-60 seconds to collect enough Warrior gauge the hard way to get that first Awakening bar (it can be as little as 10 seconds if the map has an easy tonic pick-up), but after that, even a halfway skillful Tiki will pick up enough Warrior gauge to be in Awakening for the rest of the map.

Her real problem is the initial build-up where it can be a bit RNG to get her those first three Warrior gauge upgrades because the design of the game's story campaign means it's really stingy on Manakete Tails, which Tiki needs a handful of for said upgrades. Then there's the annoyance of having to get Gharnef's Rings to get the third Warrior gauge (which is more a luxury than anything, since two Warrior gauges is enough for an Awakening, but it does really help if the resources are there).