What character is your main?

Denomon

9 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

She does, but it's a nearly irrelevant problem since it only comes into play at the very start of the map. She needs 30-60 seconds to collect enough Warrior gauge the hard way to get that first Awakening bar (it can be as little as 10 seconds if the map has an easy tonic pick-up), but after that, even a halfway skillful Tiki will pick up enough Warrior gauge to be in Awakening for the rest of the map.

Her real problem is the initial build-up where it can be a bit RNG to get her those first three Warrior gauge upgrades because the design of the game's story campaign means it's really stingy on Manakete Tails, which Tiki needs a handful of for said upgrades. Then there's the annoyance of having to get Gharnef's Rings to get the third Warrior gauge (which is more a luxury than anything, since two Warrior gauges is enough for an Awakening, but it does really help if the resources are there).

Her needing Manakete stuff is honestly the least of my worries (there's a very good stage for grinding those on the Hero Challenge map) - it's other stuff that worries me, especially the crests that lengthen Awakening mode being expensive as all hell. And the fact that she takes forever to kill anything without Awakening mode, which pretty much forces me to use her instead of the people I'd rather use - and whom can take enemies out faster than her without the need to rely on Awakening. Also, isn't she rather slow when in Awakening mode?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Also, isn't she rather slow when in Awakening mode?

Tiki's manakete form does feel rather sluggish despite the game saying she has apparently 6 movement compared to the 5 movement for the other infantry units. I rarely use Tiki though. I wished I used her more but I'm not really a fan of her Awakening mode gimmick or her untransformed moveset.

12 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Her needing Manakete stuff is honestly the least of my worries (there's a very good stage for grinding those on the Hero Challenge map) - it's other stuff that worries me, especially the crests that lengthen Awakening mode being expensive as all hell. And the fact that she takes forever to kill anything without Awakening mode, which pretty much forces me to use her instead of the people I'd rather use - and whom can take enemies out faster than her without the need to rely on Awakening. Also, isn't she rather slow when in Awakening mode?

Lengthening her Awakening mode isn't really necessary, though. It's a nice luxury, like the third Warrior gauge, but as long as she catches any mooks in her attacks (which she will because even her regular attack string causes massive collateral), she can just keep converting gauge to stay in dragon mode. She also shouldn't be trying to kill stuff outside of Awakening mode. Use Strong IV to build Warrior gauge fast against crowds.

She only feels slow because she's very large as a dragon, so the distance moved doesn't seem as large as with your typical, smaller foot soldier. Probably doesn't help that the animations are kind of lumbering.

And even if other characters can kill stuff faster than her for the first 30-60 seconds, none of them have the infinite Awakening that she does, which means she has ridiculous overall sustained power ([permanent WTA is just a straight-up damage increase and every gauge break being yellow means clearing rooms in seconds) compared to anyone else, as well as the best farming capabilities because she can farm an entire map with Awakening's boosted rates.

Hell, her officer-slaying advantages only are enough that I'm even considering deploying her as the partner unit for every high-level Arena I do from now on because whoever designed those History missions thought it'd be funny to have a surprise Velezark at the end of every one of them.

Obviously don't bring her on maps you plan to finish in 4-5 mins, though.

Having recently gotten FEW and clearing Story Mode (as well as getting Female Robin), my current main is Lissa. Spin to Win is too good. (Strong 5 I believe, but I always call it "Strong 4" because it follows the 4th normal attack. [I count the initial Strong Attack as Strong 0, and it is somewhat difficult for me to adapt to the official terminology.]) Grabbing enemies means they can not hurt you, and Lissa's forward momentum means she can clear enemies on route to her destination. Xander can do something similar with the sprinting strong attack spam, but I prefer Lissa since the damage is higher and more reliable against officers.

I also found myself using Chrom a lot (and later Lianna when she got her sword upgrade). However, as I have not played everyone yet, I cannot say if my favorites will remain the same. It took a while for me to get used to the Pegasus Knight and Tiki's movesets, but otherwise each character I played I had fun with.

Since playing the game more my mains have actually changed a lot, so here they are:

Sword: Marth/Celica/Lyn

Marth and Celica just have fun movesets. I alternate between them depending on the situation since I have Topsy-Turvy on Celica. Lyn is just godly and is easily able to kill everything, even armour knights without plateslayer so yeah.

Lance: Oboro

Oboro is just really fun. It also helps she was my first unit to get her opus so she was my strongest unit for a bit and made some of the Space-Time distortions easier then they shoudl have been. I do like the other lance users but Azura is a bit too slow for me and the peg. knights aren't really good for fighting IMO.

Axe: Lissa

I just found out how fun Lissa is to use. She is great for killing mages because her strength is somewhat decent (And she has the Hero Axe so that helps) and her combos are great too. Camilla is good but like the pegs, she is pretty situational (Like she is great for Timed Attacks and Timed Onslaughts but everything else is situational) and Freddy I just find t be clunky and slow.

Tome: Robin

I actually like all the tome users but Robin has become my favourite. I find the majority of his combos really good while I only find that only Leo's/Elise's C1 and C5 good.

Bow: Niles

All the bow uses are fun to play, but Niles being my fav is just personal preference.

Lyn- My favorite character of all and she's a terrific crowd sweeper who gets damage in nice and quick

Lissa- Her combos are fun and do damage if you equip Topsy-Turvy on her axes plus healers are always nice to have around

Cordelia- Favorite girl from Awakening plus pegasi knights are fun

On 1/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

All of this is true, but I'd say that she has serious redeeming qualities.

1) Primarily using a different set of materials from any other character makes maxing her out much less painful than it otherwise would be. It doesn't really come at the cost of improving anyone else.

2) She is incredible as a defensive unit. Her ability to dominate Shadow Elimination by wiping out every enemy in the allied base in seconds with an Awakening is extremely useful and satisfying.

3) She's likely to be fairly high level because Armored Blow is such a good skill, especially on heroes with long animations (like Archers when using Strong I, Leo/Elise, and Camilla) and heroes whose low luck stats leave them with a lack of flexible skill options (like Frederick).

4) She's actually quite solid at officer killing thanks to her Strong IV -> Strong VI combo. While it's just a white bar, it also ignores weapon triangle and hits enough times to reliably critical hit in one rotation.

All of them.

Though I tend to favor Azura and Lucina the most. I assume that's because they were my favorites to begin with, but they're also fun to play. Recently Ryoma and Hinoka have been fun to play as also.

My main team has generally been: 
Lianna
Frederick
Cordelia
Takumi

The Takumi slot is sorta flex. I have a lot of trouble using archers well since they seem to get walled off and take a long time to finish things off, but maybe that'll change as he levels up/gets upgraded. I've been considering a mage, but I'm not really a fan of any of the mage characters. Mostly I just clear maps out by swapping between Lianna, Frederick, and Cordelia who I find all of to be massively entertaining to play as. 

I'm also sorta considering swapping out Lianna for Xander, since I value getting around the battlefield quickly and his moveset is great fun as well, but I gotta admit to liking footsoldier swordfighters and I do like Lianna's character. 

Edited by Outlander

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's:

Lianna- That magic ring attack is so fun, and she just felt fun to control. Plus her stats are pretty good (she's main lord so no shit).

Xander: He's pretty strong, as well as being tanky, fast, and a horse unit. 

Camilla- HOLY WOW THAT ATTACK STAT

Tiki: Dragons are awesome. And she has good stats.

On 1/29/2018 at 7:01 PM, Etheus said:

All of this is true, but I'd say that she has serious redeeming qualities.

1) Primarily using a different set of materials from any other character makes maxing her out much less painful than it otherwise would be. It doesn't really come at the cost of improving anyone else.

2) She is incredible as a defensive unit. Her ability to dominate Shadow Elimination by wiping out every enemy in the allied base in seconds with an Awakening is extremely useful and satisfying.

3) She's likely to be fairly high level because Armored Blow is such a good skill, especially on heroes with long animations (like Archers when using Strong I, Leo/Elise, and Camilla) and heroes whose low luck stats leave them with a lack of flexible skill options (like Frederick).

4) She's actually quite solid at officer killing thanks to her Strong IV -> Strong VI combo. While it's just a white bar, it also ignores weapon triangle and hits enough times to reliably critical hit in one rotation.

I wasn't trying to say she didn't have redeeming factors - I just think they aren't enough. Especially the Shadow Elimination bit - why should I use (and control) her when others don't need to depend on Awakening to wreck? It doesn't help that sometimes, there are enemies that just don't go below a certain health amount unless I use that character and kill them myself - which especially sucks if that happens to be some jerk spamming lightning on either the base or my units. Or a Rally Captain. I find her overdependence on Awakening to be a big flaw, and I don't think Shadow Elimination changes that, since I want any crap trying to wreck the base dead ASAP...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Sword: Xander. Having a horse and thus not being stuck with 5 MOV makes him very high up on the list, and he's very competent in battles as well.

Lance: Caeda. The Peg. Knight moveset is probably the best of the lance movesets and Caeda is the best of the Peg. Knights.

Axe: Lissa. She is just too useful. Occasionally I use Frederick as well.

Bow: Niles. A physical healer is pretty nice to have.

Tome: Robin by far, but also Leo as well. Male Robin is my favorite FE character of all time and I think he has the best Tome moveset by a significant amount as well, but Leo has the all-important mount for increased movement and rather ridiculous HP for a mage. Due to that HP, I think he is better defensively against both physical and magic attacks compared to Elise.

Stone: Tiki is the only stone user, but this is probably the weapon type I use the least.

Corrin-obvious

Lucina-Also a favorite and I feel she and by extension Chrom is one of the best units in the game.

Robin-I hate using mounted units in this game and s/he was the only non mounted mage before Linde.

Ryoma- Man's a killing machine as always and belongs in a Warriors game.

Sakura- The best little sister.

Takumi- Sakura but better at killing things.