FE 8 Chaos Mode V3.08 is here!!!

DDDHunter

V3.08 is here.

The hack now goes up to Chp 19 and weapon range should now display properly.

Legendary weapons made the late game too easy, so I gave them a nerf. Tell me if it is enough.

FE8 Chaos Mode V3.08

Screenshots:

Spoiler

4.png.0ae7dfa2372787b74d58b99de7763aef.png1.png.753fcd32afedce09551b5ba180ba174d.png2.png.1e5977f919f09a858819e65d5a9d87e8.png5.png.72f0bdc58a1cea7edf2f6c4dd5ed8433.png3.png.cf15fdfd9ccef20872240f591af00b7f.png

As of this moment, Erika's Route is being worked on. Chp 16 done

Nothing is done to Ephraim's route as of right now.

This hack includes:

Spoiler

New battle animations for old classes

Tier three classes (can't be access as of right now unless you hack a heaven's seal into someone's inventory)(you will get the first one next patch in Chp 11)

Class locked legendary weapons for the tier 3 classes 

New weapon stats (e.g. bows can hit at one range, magic are all at least 1-3 range, boosts to weapon stats...)

New promotion branch for soldier

Skill system by circles

Randomize class and some changed growths

New spells and weapons

Some new gender specific tier 2 classes

Vulnerary and elixir are 5 use 

Health cap should be raised

All weapons have infinite uses

Personal weapons

New weapon types for certain classes

New class locked legendary weapons for tier 3 classes

Fog of war for Chp 9 of Eirika's route because I always feel that should have been one.

And anything else I forgot because I didn't keep a changelog :)

This hack is not complete yet, I just want to get it out to see what people's opinion of it is so far and I will to listen to suggestions. Let me know if the weapons should be more expensive and if there are any game breaking glitches.

Credit to the battle animation are the following:

Spoiler

FE10 Style Fighter - Mageknight404

Berserker with Swords - Assassin Leila

Improved Soldier - Alusq

Halberdier 2.0 by TBA

Dragoon by Mercenary Lord

High Magus T3 Class, Male and Female + Matriarch/Patriarch T3 Class, Male and Female -Mr Night48

King Zephiel for FE7 and FE8 - shadowofchaos, bonestorm, Lawliet

Ike (Ranger) -oracle_of_fire and Khrene Cleaver

True Vanguard - Pikmin1211 

Falcoknight w/ Staves - shadowofchaos

Lyn with Sword of Seals -Moocavo

Trueblade - Cybaster

Wicked Knight - Blue Druid, Alfred Kamon

DS Knight - MageKnight404

Bolganone - Mikey Seregon

Meteor -  Blazer, Jubby

Knights with axes - The Blind Archer

Ike map and moving animation -  Mikey Séregon (From what Pikmin told me, I assume I don't need permission.)

Marshal Map Sprite - Nuramon

Helmetless Wyvern Knight - Got it from The Ultimate Graphics Repository for FEBuilder, FEXP, and FEXNA, but I can't find who created it.

Yuggdra animations - Aruku and Kenpuhu.

Weapon icons - Zelix

General with Shield - Nuramon

Emperor - Trueblade1990

Unarmed Zephiel - DerTheVaporeon

That's all that I remember using from the community collection. Everything else should be just pull straight from FE 6 or 7. 

Edited by DDDHunter
New patch

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you there i got a quick question, why does ross growth are this low ? I mean Franz is better to use, and you get him from the get go as a fighter, while you need to abuse rally to train Ross from an adventurer, so I really don't get why ross is in this state ...

1 hour ago, tonfa said:

Since you there i got a quick question, why does ross growth are this low ? I mean Franz is better to use, and you get him from the get go as a fighter, while you need to abuse rally to train Ross from an adventurer, so I really don't get why ross is in this state ...

I just thought that since Ross has 10 more level to gain stats, he could go with some lower growths.

By that way, in current patch, the game freezes if you try to recruit Joshua, I think I fixed it and I will release the new patch after I'm done testing the game up to the route split to look if there are anymore errors.

48 minutes ago, DDDHunter said:

I just thought that since Ross has 10 more level to gain stats, he could go with some lower growths.

Well that's the problem he is just a worst Franz, and he may have a little more strength at lvl1 fighter, but long term wise he will get one rounded and doubled by everything,  because of his bad base speed and his bad speed growth, coupled with bad defences, it only means he won't be able to take those hits without dying. This is rough especially with all those brave effect on weapons.

If you want Franz to be more powerful than Ross I understand, but having Ross be worse than him in almost every aspect, with 65% less growth than Franz hits him really hard.

My suggestion would be to give Ross growth a buff all around, while also lowering his bases, so these ten extra level won't make him broken or anything , Cough*(unlike Seth)Cough*

I am playing right now and I can say the palette for seth is a bit broken,but the game don't crash so that's a plus !

See the change you made to ross, dayum can't wait to grind his hatchet x)

Anyway gonna play this till im too tired so... i ll tell you more tomorow ! cya :D

15 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

New villages to visit (If I can figure out how)

New map for a certain Erika chapter (If I can figure out how)

New reinforcement and events (Again, I have to figure out how)

For reinforcement and events and stuff like this, I'm pretty sure Mr. 7743 put some links on how to do that to the FEBUilderGBA thread here: 

Well, the randomization of characters is all complete for Erika's route. However, I also change the map of chp 12, so please play it to make sure there isn't any bugs. I also changed Seth again, this time, giving him a new class and promotion into a tier 3 class. (I made a custom map sprite for the class, so the heaven's seal Seth has is so that you can early promote him to test that there is no errors with the sprite). He also has a new personal weapon. The bandits at the top in Chp 1 in my playing around in adding reinforcement and now I don't know how to remove them. Right now, only the playable characters are change except for a few items on the enemies. I'm just releasing this patch so you can help me test the map of chp 12 and the new map sprite for the new tier 3 class. I made it by export a certain map sprite and doing a pixel by pixel edit in 3d paint. The next patch, unless its for bugs, should have the enemy levels, some of the classes, and items change as well as changes to the chapter shops (the map shops are already changed) and chests.

Edited by DDDHunter

Do you plan on making less brave weapon ? because they are kind off broken to get that early x)

Also just played again till chapter 7, and now some of my unit have negative stat, which is pretty considering ephraim with minus 8 defense get one rounded by everything x)

Edited by tonfa

3 hours ago, tonfa said:

Do you plan on making less brave weapon ? because they are kind off broken to get that early x)

Also just played again till chapter 7, and now some of my unit have negative stat, which is pretty considering ephraim with minus 8 defense get one rounded by everything x)

I don't think I will be adding anymore brave weapons, and maybe I will lower their stats if they become too much of a problem. And can you explain how you units got negative stats? I don't know what has happen that would make them gain negative stats.

15 minutes ago, DDDHunter said:

I don't think I will be adding anymore brave weapons, and maybe I will lower their stats if they become too much of a problem. And can you explain how you units got negative stats? I don't know what has happen that would make them gain negative stats.

Okay I see the glitch you are talking about, the game is treat the character as if they are hit with a seal ability. I pretty sure a restore staff should fix the problem. Also, is slowly goes away after each turn.

I think I somehow patched in the weapon duff for fates. For example the devil axe is giving Frank -5 ark after use that drops down after each turn. Can help me compose a list of these debuffs so I can place them in their descriptions? I don’t know how I did it. Maybe it’s linked to their special effects?

... well I just found out the class change glitch meay have occur from me extending the class list to add new classes. I guess I have to start open and make a fresh patch where I just replace unused class data in the rom. Just test if chp 12 is working fine in the meanwhile.

Edited by DDDHunter

Okay, I think all the glitches are fixed with the new version. As of right now, only the prologue is done, but if you still want it (just reply on this page), I will release it. Otherwise, wait a few days and I will release it with changes up to the route split. 

Up to chp 5 is done, found a glitch with weapons granting health boosts. There are times when you are heal a character with a health boosted weapon that the health didn't recognize the health boost and only heal to  where the health would be without the boost. If this happens, don't heal them again or it will glitch their health out. I am not removing the health boost because of the way I am doing it, it would be the only way to make the end game somewhat fair.

I also made a class locked legendary weapon for every tier 3 class, and now I need to take suggestion on where to place them. As of right now, I thinking of jacking up the difficulty of the tower of valni and place them all on the last floor or try and make it so that there is only one chest that randomize between these weapons and a black gem.