FE 8 Chaos Mode V3.08 is here!!!

DDDHunter

Warning, there is a bug with the king, black knight, and nomad trooper class that cause their classes to turn to lords and the game to glitch if you exit out and reenter the game. I have fixed the bug and will release the fix in the next patch. In the meantime, please don't promote rangers, guardians, or generals.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had put off tower grinding more in anticipation of Patch 3.04, but here's some more feedback, this time I tested all of the tier 3 classes:
1) Ranger's learn Rally Movement at 1, Certain Blow at 5, Sure Shot 10,  (Overlaps with Lute, much better to promote Forde although his STR sucks) Bowbreaker 15. Could have been overlooked, but in patch 3.03 Rangers, and Nomad troopers certainly do not learn Canto.
2) Seems you cap of 60 health for Guardians  wasn't working, I got Seth to 107 hp with Angelic Robes before promotion.
3) Angelic Robes add 10 hp, description still says 7 like the Vanilla game.
4) Tower floor two can have an enemy spawn in the top-right wall. It's 1 tile from the "floor" so it isn't stuck, but still a minor bug.
5) From more tower grinding, I learned the floor 3 Lord can be one of several units (promoted lord, cavalier, Halberder or even a monster) which will always lack weapons.
6) Rune Sword seems to be unable to crit, but the weapon stat and character stats show "0" instead of "---" crit chance.
7) Staff Savant skill doesn't work.

Specifically feedback for Tier 3s, it could be in some cases I didn't learn anything in grinding the T3s to 20 due to overlaps with previous skills.
1) I noticed High Priest and Blade Goddess actually lose 1 MOV on promotion, is this intended?
2) Guardian loses Swordfaire on promotion , gains no new skills.
3) Blade Goddess replaces Galeforce with Critical force (Also loses 1 MOV), It feels like a waste to promote for S ranks, Bows and Lancebreaker eventually. Lightweight and Seal Speed are underwhelming in comparison, to me.
4) General loses Expertise, learns no new skills.
5) Ranger loses Rally movement, learns no new skills.
6) High Magus learn Inspiration at 10, something that certainly overlaps with Sages from which they promote.

Druids, Vanguards and High Priests (mostly, aside from MOV and skill that doesn't work) I find to be great.

9 hours ago, Sythion said:

I had put off tower grinding more in anticipation of Patch 3.04, but here's some more feedback, this time I tested all of the tier 3 classes:
1) Ranger's learn Rally Movement at 1, Certain Blow at 5, Sure Shot 10,  (Overlaps with Lute, much better to promote Forde although his STR sucks) Bowbreaker 15. Could have been

I had them learning it at level 1, and apparently that doesn't work, so moved it to level 2 in the new patch

2) Seems you cap of 60 health for Guardians  wasn't working, I got Seth to 107 hp with Angelic Robes before promotion.

I guess the class cap us the promotion cap and the health cap is for all classes. Oh well.

3) Angelic Robes add 10 hp, description still says 7 like the Vanilla game.

Fixed

4) Tower floor two can have an enemy spawn in the top-right wall. It's 1 tile from the "floor" so it isn't stuck, but still a minor bug.
5) From more tower grinding, I learned the floor 3 Lord can be one of several units (promoted lord, cavalier, Halberder or even a monster) which will always lack weapons.
6) Rune Sword seems to be unable to crit, but the weapon stat and character stats show "0" instead of "---" crit chance.
7) Staff Savant skill doesn't work.

4) That's in the vanilla game too

5) Fixed

6) That's weird, I just gave it 0 crit

7) Tell me what classes have that skill and I'll replace it

1) I noticed High Priest and Blade Goddess actually lose 1 MOV on promotion, is this intended?
2) Guardian loses Swordfaire on promotion , gains no new skills.
3) Blade Goddess replaces Galeforce with Critical force (Also loses 1 MOV), It feels like a waste to promote for S ranks, Bows and Lancebreaker eventually. Lightweight and Seal Speed are underwhelming in comparison, to me.
4) General loses Expertise, learns no new skills.
5) Ranger loses Rally movement, learns no new skills.
6) High Magus learn Inspiration at 10, something that certainly overlaps with Sages from which they promote.

1) oops, fixed

2)fixed

3)changed

4) fixed

5) fixed

Edited by DDDHunter

For the patch, the thief class is fixed to learn cunning at level 2 so they keep it as assassins, but that means that colm doesn't get cunning as an assassin if he is has leveled up at all. For that reason, I have set colm's personal skill to cunning and he will have it in the next patch. Sorry :(

Edited by DDDHunter

6 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

For the patch, the thief class is fixed to learn cunning at level 2 so they keep it as assassins, but that means that colm doesn't get cunning as an assassin if he is has leveled up at all. For that reason, I have set colm's personal skill to cunning and he will have it in the next patch. Sorry :(

About the Cunning skill, what does it even do, actually? My Colm can steal things just fine without it, and his lockpick is white instead of greyed out in his inventory. Does it provide the increased sight range in FoW?

4 hours ago, JMaula said:

About the Cunning skill, what does it even do, actually? My Colm can steal things just fine without it, and his lockpick is white instead of greyed out in his inventory. Does it provide the increased sight range in FoW?

Nothing, it just let people know that the class has the thief skill

Edited by DDDHunter

Woo, new patch!

First off, general feedback
1) "Class-locked" weapons you mentioned could be placed in the Rausten Court secret shop. Another option is the FE-girls route; Give one of each through normal gameplay, extras can be found from monsters/chests in the ruins
2) Chapter 15 having sand forces the player to adapt and is a good excuse to acquire special items such as Boots. I would like to see it remain a desert.
3) Rather than making a list of weapon changes later, could weapon descriptions be changed instead? For example "Brave effect" or "range 1-4" would make understanding easy.

Bugs:
1) All enemies other than monsters and bosses have a "minimum" B weapon rank (with about 75% progress to A) in swords and lances. This has no real effect.
2) Colm and enemy thieves have cunning twice. My understanding was that Thieves aren't meant to have a level 1 skill, and gain Cunning at 2.
3) Seth starts with C-rank in Swords but  has insane Weapon XP gain.Intended?
4) Is Natasha using staves intended? I haven't seen a clear answer In the thread.
5) as above, Iness can use lances.
6) Cunning on Pirates no longer works.
7) Chapter 9 boss and two archers near him don't move, but they don;t show "0 mov"
8) Chapter 10 boss (Pablo) *still* can't use the Psychic staff in his inventory.
9) Trample skills doesn't work. Only Druids learn it as far as I know.
10) If a unit would learn a 7th skill on level up with the last XP through a staff, then the new skill is automatically chosen to be forgotten.
11) Tower floor 3 spawns Cyclops infinitely Intended?
13) Tower floor 5 has unarmed wyvern rider reinforcement.
14) Tower floor 5 has two Arch-Mogals with Bolting tomes and Crimson Eyes. they can't use the tomes.

Balance-related:
1) Neimi gets Malefic Aura twice, it's not a very important skill later on. Could Druids be changed to learn Lifetaker at level 2 instead of 1 so they can keep it for T3?
2) Iron Blade is worse than Steel Sword in every way. Making it E-rank or adding damage would give it use.
3) Chapter 13 is beatable without grinding. Yay for Nihil! I don't think it's possible to get all loot, let alone recruit Cormag without grinding though.
4) Chapter 14 is easier than 13 due to lack of pressure. Boss is much harder but can be beaten legitimately without grinding. {spoiler} Swordslayer from this chapter  + Rennac. Buffing his defense and then rescuing him to saftey if the attack misses works. Saleh using Elfire twice a turn (Tethys) also works.
5) 3 warp staves from chapter 14 feels like it's asking for the player to abuse them, 1 should be plenty.
6) The western village in chapter 9 (Gives dragonshield) feels unfairly difficult to save without grinding. Delaying the closest pirate a turn or two would go a long way.
7) Chapter 1 boss having Impale means there's a chance of being unable to win any give attempt without savestates.

I haven't tested T3s this time aside from Dark Druid but look forward to improved skillsets for the ones you've changed.

8 hours ago, Sythion said:

Woo, new patch!

Bugs:
1) All enemies other than monsters and bosses have a "minimum" B weapon rank (with about 75% progress to A) in swords and lances. This has no real effect.
2) Colm and enemy thieves have cunning twice. My understanding was that Thieves aren't meant to have a level 1 skill, and gain Cunning at 2.
3) Seth starts with C-rank in Swords but  has insane Weapon XP gain.Intended?
4) Is Natasha using staves intended? I haven't seen a clear answer In the thread.
5) as above, Iness can use lances.
6) Cunning on Pirates no longer works.
7) Chapter 9 boss and two archers near him don't move, but they don;t show "0 mov"
8) Chapter 10 boss (Pablo) *still* can't use the Psychic staff in his inventory.
9) Trample skills doesn't work. Only Druids learn it as far as I know.
10) If a unit would learn a 7th skill on level up with the last XP through a staff, then the new skill is automatically chosen to be forgotten.
11) Tower floor 3 spawns Cyclops infinitely Intended?
13) Tower floor 5 has unarmed wyvern rider reinforcement.
14) Tower floor 5 has two Arch-Mogals with Bolting tomes and Crimson Eyes. they can't use the tomes.

1) I need to do it to give certain genetic units the ability to use weapons they could not before

2) ???k I think I fixed it.

3) Lower his weapon rank, and it's his personal weapon that gave so much weapon experience

4/5/6/8 Sorry, some of my fixes got deleted when I had to go back to working on a old patch because something glitched on the new one.

7) changed

9) Changed

10) Don't know how to fix it, I didn't make the skills patch, you will have to check with circles

11) see 4/5/6/8

13) should be fixed

14) should be fixed

As for balance changes, I altered everything.

As it turns out, altering the Chp 12 map makes it so that you can't do anything about chp 13, so I'm not changing abything about it. Sorry if its to annoying to play through it, I hate that map too.

Edited by DDDHunter

Chapter 14 froze when a fighter attacked Marisa, didn't even exit the combat animations. Weapons used were swordreaver and fire, shouldn't be caused by those. Might be linked to Rennac's dialogue he does on the first enemy turn, since I opened his room's door on turn 1.

5 minutes ago, Jorel said:

I'm already using that, but it tells me "that patch is not intended for that ROM" when it's already just a normal ROM for fe8.

Is it an EU or US rom? I'm using the US rom, labeled "1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)" without a hitch.

9 hours ago, JMaula said:

Chapter 14 froze when a fighter attacked Marisa, didn't even exit the combat animations. Weapons used were swordreaver and fire, shouldn't be caused by those. Might be linked to Rennac's dialogue he does on the first enemy turn, since I opened his room's door on turn 1.

I have no idea what could have cause this bug since I don't know how to play around with the event with FEBuilder just bring up set of numbers instead it's normal display. My best suggestion is to just try again after I release the new patch since I'm doing some changes for Chp14 in the new patch