FE 8 Chaos Mode V3.08 is here!!!

DDDHunter

3 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

Having only one route partially hacked is something that should be mentioned on the first post where you list changes.  Nothing in the primary post indicates that only one route has been worked on.  There's just a note saying Eirika chapter 9 has Fog of War (which, why?  Why use one of the more hated gimmicks FE has come up with?  And it doesn't even make sense because that chapter takes place on a sunny day on an open port city.  At lease when the other games do this, they at least make the weather in that secnario be something like extreme dark, a sandstorm, or literal fog, which FE 8 already did).  There is nothing that says, "Only Eirika's route is being worked on at the moment.  Ephraim hasn't been touched yet."

Sorry :),  I added the notice. As for the fog of war, that's what FEBuilder edited the fog to be.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, XIII Hearts said:

I'm confused.  What does "that's what FEBuilder edited the fog to be" mean?

I used FEBuilder to set the chapter to be fog of war, and it let's you set fog levels. While writing this I double check the fog level and it turns out that I have it set to 2 instead of 3 (what chp 6 is). Perhaps this will make it proper fog. 

7 minutes ago, DDDHunter said:

I used FEBuilder to set the chapter to be fog of war, and it let's you set fog levels. While writing this I double check the fog level and it turns out that I have it set to 2 instead of 3 (what chp 6 is). Perhaps this will make it proper fog. 

I think your addition of fog to this chapter had an adverse effect on the chapter 9 Eirika cutscene, as when the inside of Grado Castle was shown, it was covered in black fog, meaning you couldn't see anybody. The king, the generals, all obscured by fog.

8 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

I think your addition of fog to this chapter had an adverse effect on the chapter 9 Eirika cutscene, as when the inside of Grado Castle was shown, it was covered in black fog, meaning you couldn't see anybody. The king, the generals, all obscured by fog.

I don't know I would go about fixing that while keeping the chapter fog of war. Second, please don't complete Chp 15 before the new patch comes out. There is a bug with the Magiknight magic animation at 1 range, but it's fixed in the new patch.

A couple of bug reports:

Ross can use Alondite in his Guard class line(at least as a Guard and Axe Lord, haven't promoted him to tier 3 yet)

Valter's Fili Tome is Anima magic even though he can't use it.

2 hours ago, JMaula said:

A couple of bug reports:

Ross can use Alondite in his Guard class line(at least as a Guard and Axe Lord, haven't promoted him to tier 3 yet)

Valter's Fili Tome is Anima magic even though he can't use it.

Oops, they are fixed now and will be in the next patch.

So I'm on Chapter 3 of 3.07, and I encountered a bug.  I attacked a wall with Garcia, but for some reason, the wall acted like it had the Countermagic and Garcia took the dame amount of damage as he dealt to the wall.   What the actual fuck?

1 hour ago, SaintSassy said:

After completing Tower 5, Immediately after the Tower 6 text I just get a black screen

After looking into it, it turns out that somehow the event to start chp 6 got messed up. The new patch fixes it.

1 hour ago, XIII Hearts said:

So I'm on Chapter 3 of 3.07, and I encountered a bug.  I attacked a wall with Garcia, but for some reason, the wall acted like it had the Countermagic and Garcia took the dame amount of damage as he dealt to the wall.   What the actual fuck?

I don't know what the problem would be, but sounds like it's something wrong with the skills system, so you should try asking circles.

Siegmund and Sieglinde can be used by anyone, since they have no weapon rank requirements or character locks. Also, shouldn't Siegmund be an anima tome since Ephraim is a mage?

Edited by JMaula

4 hours ago, JMaula said:

Siegmund and Sieglinde can be used by anyone, since they have no weapon rank requirements or character locks. Also, shouldn't Siegmund be an anima tome since Ephraim is a mage?

The only reason those two weapons still exist is because I can’t find the event that gives them out.

7 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

The only reason those two weapons still exist is because I can’t find the event that gives them out.

In that case, why not edit their stats to be crap and make them sellable for a pittance? You could do the same for the Braces too. Unless they're hardcoded to be unsellable, of course.

None of the Ancients on the last floor of the tower have any combat animations, by the way. And the one armed with Bomb Blast hangs the game when counterattacking, even with only map animations. The one armed with Longinus cannot use it at all, and is labeled "Enemy" with a generic General portrait.

Myrrh's Sol skill also seems to be pretty bugged, much like HP increases from items used to be before you removed them. But that's probably an issue for Circles, not you.

Edited by JMaula

2 hours ago, JMaula said:

In that case, why not edit their stats to be crap and make them sellable for a pittance? You could do the same for the Braces too. Unless they're hardcoded to be unsellable, of course.

None of the Ancients on the last floor of the tower have any combat animations, by the way. And the one armed with Bomb Blast hangs the game when counterattacking, even with only map animations. The one armed with Longinus cannot use it at all, and is labeled "Enemy" with a generic General portrait.

Myrrh's Sol skill also seems to be pretty bugged, much like HP increases from items used to be before you removed them. But that's probably an issue for Circles, not you.

The braces can still be used to promote the lords, and I'm just leaving more legendary weapons for the player to use as after the hack is complete, I will be releasing a version with weapon durability for a greater challenge, so they could serve as insurance in case the other weapons break as the enemies will start carrying pseudo-legendary weapons starting the next chapter.

The ancients animations are now added in and the rest in fixed. As it's not really a game breaking glitch, I will release the fix next patch.

Yes I know, the new patch change it to something else, but you have to reset to before she learned sol for it to become the new skill.

5 hours ago, IlBaddynatore said:

I'd like to test the t3 classes, so what's the code to get the heaven seals?

And can someone please tell me where I can find the skill list that Circle built?

Just use a item generator code. The item code for the Heaven's Seal is 8A.

As for the skill system, look on FEU

• 4 weeks later...

not enough heaven seals. Have it when you beat the game you can purchase them from secret shops. Also i tried the heaven seal code and it did not work. The ultimate bow is glitched to freeze when attacked while it is equipped. The demon king with the shield special skill and regeneration special skill is at 30% is insanely tough but doable. 

Edited by MrLze
cause

On 4/14/2018 at 5:09 AM, MrLze said:

not enough heaven seals. Have it when you beat the game you can purchase them from secret shops. Also i tried the heaven seal code and it did not work. The ultimate bow is glitched to freeze when attacked while it is equipped. The demon king with the shield special skill and regeneration special skill is at 30% is insanely tough but doable. 

Sorry, can’t do anything about bugs right now,  my computer broke down and I don’t know when I can get a new one 

• 3 weeks later...