[Solved, Plz ignore]Trying to make my first Mug hackboxes, would like feedback/help

Armaada_J

So I'm trying to get back into spriting and am therefore trying to get the hang of making portrait hackboxes.

These are sprites I made today with their attempts at a hackboxes. EDIT: The Ike sprite does use a portrait made by NickT. I am under the impression that its free to use, but am adding this not here so people don't think I'm plagiarizing or something.

EEjORwa.png

zRKjwjN.png

These are sprites I made about a year ago, and would like to turn into hackboxes but haven't yet.

d8qja1E.png

RZJbVbN.png

p2GNetU.png

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Armaada_J

To be fair to the guy, pretty sure it's free to use. If he's using it to try and figure out hack boxing, seems fine, though he could credit.

You have the right idea for framing splices with the first one, though when you use FE6 faces you have to create additional frames like blinking. Here's my guide to simple splicing which has a bit about hack boxing at the end.  Hope it helps!

6 hours ago, SgtSmilies said:

I'd start by not stealing art. That Ike is very clearly not yours. In fact, I know who made it, Nickt.

It's pretty poor form, dude.

I'm definitely not meaning to steal it. I know that NickT made it and I was under the impression that it was free to use. Though I agree that I probably should have put a credit in the OP.

6 hours ago, Toa said:

To be fair to the guy, pretty sure it's free to use. If he's using it to try and figure out hack boxing, seems fine, though he could credit.

You have the right idea for framing splices with the first one, though when you use FE6 faces you have to create additional frames like blinking. Here's my guide to simple splicing which has a bit about hack boxing at the end.  Hope it helps!

Thanks for the link!

So I tried improving the hackboxes a bit: 

XEp545h.png Mxjh5ce.png

I tried putting them into FEBuilder but the frames aren't centering properly. Specifically, Ike's eyes and Purple Hair's (I havent named him yet) mouth frames aren't lining up properly. Is it because of anything I did wrong in the hackbox?