Choose your legends 2 predictions

Jonahtron

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Charlotte disproves this theory.

sorry, my mistake, i didn't specify

i was talking about brave heroes only

... ok, ike is my only proof BUT STILL, vote for levin so they'll add him in heroes

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

My safe prediction is Hector, Robin, Tharja, and Azura as the winners.

I think Chrom and Camilla will just slightly underperform. I could see them and also Ephraim, Marth, Celica, and Nino having a shot at an upset though.

I say this is most likely.  Tharja and Hector are almost a lock for #1 in my opinion.  I wonder if there will be a significant shift in voting due to the recent seasonal releases (Azura, Camilla, Tharja, Robin, Chrom), although we probably won't get the CYL characters until summer so it may not affect people's opinions.  I have seen a lot of Camillas at the top of Arena Assault, so I think it's safe to say she's still pretty popular.  If Camilla underperforms, I could see Azura or Female Corrin overtaking her.

7 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I say this is most likely.  Tharja and Hector are almost a lock for #1 in my opinion.  I wonder if there will be a significant shift in voting due to the recent seasonal releases (Azura, Camilla, Tharja, Robin, Chrom), although we probably won't get the CYL characters until summer so it may not affect people's opinions.  I have seen a lot of Camillas at the top of Arena Assault, so I think it's safe to say she's still pretty popular.  If Camilla underperforms, I could see Azura or Female Corrin overtaking her.

Nah she good! Plus Azura and Azura are little beasts in their own selves to try and topple!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

Rein will definitely be top ten. Heck, I would even say top 5 and it won't be just because of memes (he was popular in FEH before them). This CYL event is open to all FEH users. Rein is one of the strongest and most available heroes being a 4*. Many users rely on him to clear the FEH content and therefore will get attached to him.

Previous CYL only had FE fans vote, now it will mainly be FEH players. It will be interesting to see how unit balance in FEH affects this poll. 

Sure, Reinhardt’s really good, but no one really cares about his character. Memes will get him so far, but Leif will likely still have more votes.

1 minute ago, Jonahtron said:

Sure, Reinhardt’s really good, but no one really cares about his character. Memes will get him so far, but Leif will likely still have more votes.

For me, if a character is really good combat-wise, I like the character.  That's part of the appeal of Cammy/Ephraim/Hector/Milady/etc. because on the right map they can solo half of it.  I see your favorite game is Blazing Sword, and I'd say Raven might be my favorite character from it, because he's just so good combat-wise.  

My hope is that Tharja has dropped enough to allow someone like Erika, Corrin, Azura, maybe Celica to get in. I really don’t care for her. Camilla I’m on the fence about. I don’t really dislike her, but honestly I’d like someone else to get some attention.

Hector is a guaranteed lock for the males, so that leaves Chrom, Marth, and Ephraim to take the second spot. I think Marth will get in due to Smash representation. Chrom will get his chance... another day.

Other general predictions I have:

- Anyone from SoV will likely skyrocket to the 100s/200s

- Characters in Heroes already will likely remain the same or get a small boost (especially characters who were previously obscure)

- Meme characters (Reinhardt, Oliver, Wrys, Nino, Shanna to an extent) will get into the top 100 at least. 

- Peripheral characters from Awakening and Fates to a degree like Gaius, Niles, Anna, Lon’qu, and Donnel will likely drop down a bit, if not out of the top 20.

- Region locked characters (pretty much anyone in Genealogy/Thracia/New Mystery) not in Heroes are probably RIP.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

Tharja and Camilla are lock ins. They will get the majority of what was Lucina's votes last time on top of being 3rd and 4th last time, nobody else has a realistic chance to get in unless Celica is far more popular than I expect or Azura/Fem!Corrin manages to steal enough votes to squeeze into 2nd (certainly nobody from a game older than Awakening has a chance). Hector is also most likely a lock in.

The only toss up is the 2nd male slot. That could go any number of ways, I'm leaning towards Chrom making it in though. 

EDIT: As for their weapons/classes

Hector - Sword Armour. Something about it being his brother's sword.
Chrom - Bow infantry. 
Tharja - Blue tome pegasus knight.
Camilla - Green tome horse. 

Edited by TheNiddo

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Thank interesting results!

I was suprised too, maybe it would become the time were fanservice favourites (e.g. Camilla) lose. Erika and Celica could become the top 2, instead of Camilla and Tharja, I hope that this happen.

I'm really surprised so many seem to be sleeping on Marth, of all people. His two versions combined had more votes than Chrom last time. I can't say for sure that he'll win, but still, he's Marth.

Technically I think Hector will beat Ephraim.  But I think it's going to be a lot closer than people think so I'm gonna throw Ephraim in slot #1.

1.  Ephraim
2.  Hector
1.  Camilla
2.  F!Corrin

I think there's a lot of hate for Tharja for some reason right now.  Sure its mostly not with the casual voters but the Camilla/Tharja vote is pretty close so I wouldn't be surprised if that moves Tharja down below Camilla.  

As for F!Corrin, I think a waifu will sneak in between Camilla and Tharja.  I don't believe all the Lyn and Lucina voters will vote for camilla or Tharja, I think they'll pick another waifu, not whatever Camilla/Tharja is.  And I saw a lot of enthusiasm for FCorrin on JP twitters.  

I don't think Chrom or Marth is going to finish anywhere near Ephraim and Hector.  I think a lot of people have too much faith in CYL 1's results.

Edited by Lushen

11 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't think Chrom or Marth is going to finish anywhere near Ephraim and Hector.  I think a lot of people have too much faith in CYL 1's results.

I guess you're not wrong, but even without that, Marth doesn't have to compete with Ike, Roy, and Lucina to get the Smash votes this time around... however much they'll weigh in the end.

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

I guess you're not wrong, but even without that, Marth doesn't have to compete with Ike, Roy, and Lucina to get the Smash votes this time around... however much they'll weigh in the end.

True, but Marth was only above Ephraim by 900 points.  And that was with a huge, prominent, smash fanbase.  I don't think the smash fanbase is as big as it was before so I think less Marth mains will be voting and all he needs to do is drop by 900 points.  I also think while Marth is dropping because of this, Ephraim will be rising for other reasons.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

True, but Marth was only above Ephraim by 900 points.  And that was with a huge, prominent, smash fanbase.  I don't think the smash fanbase is as big as it was before so I think less Marth mains will be voting and all he needs to do is drop by 900 points.  I also think while Marth is dropping because of this, Ephraim will be rising for other reasons.

That's just one Marth though. Combined Marth had almost ten thousand more votes than Ephraim. There's no denying Heroes made Ephraim more popular though. We'll see.

22 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Technically I think Hector will beat Ephraim.  But I think it's going to be a lot closer than people think so I'm gonna throw Ephraim in slot #1.

1.  Ephraim
2.  Hector
1.  Camilla
2.  F!Corrin

I think there's a lot of hate for Tharja for some reason right now.  Sure its mostly not with the casual voters but the Camilla/Tharja vote is pretty close so I wouldn't be surprised if that moves Tharja down below Camilla.  

As for F!Corrin, I think a waifu will sneak in between Camilla and Tharja.  I don't believe all the Lyn and Lucina voters will vote for camilla or Tharja, I think they'll pick another waifu, not whatever Camilla/Tharja is.  And I saw a lot of enthusiasm for FCorrin on JP twitters.  

I'm not sure about Camilla. I heard she suffered massive backlash from the Japanese because of the New Year's banner.
F!Corrin is a bit iffy since I think Lyn fans might go for Eirika.

Edited by silveraura25

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

That's just one Marth though. Combined Marth had almost ten thousand more votes than Ephraim. There's no denying Heroes made Ephraim more popular though. We'll see.

Yea but Marth is still split :s

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm not sure about Camilla. I heard she suffered massive backlash from the Japanese because of the New Year's banner.
F!Corrin is a bit iffy since I think Lyn fans might go for Eirika.

Oh I didn't realize this.  Perhaps Tharja will still beat her then.  I could see more waifu lovers from Lucina and Lyn going with Tharja over Camilla b/c Tharja is a lot more waifu-like.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yeah... though this does beg the question, would people let it fly if a split character that had enough votes to get top 2 combined was robbed of a victory as a result? We didn't get that problem last time, but it could happen.

Beyond that, I'm fairly confident the Marth voters will have learned to vote for the FE1 version only if they want a win, since it got the most votes last time.

Male: Hector and one of Marth, Ephraim, or Chrom.

Female: Tharja and one of Camilla, Eirika, and F!Corrin.

Going by the last poll, these were the ones that made up the remaining top 6 (7th for males due to RD!Ike) for each category and I don't think anything has happened to give either of these characters a significant enough hit to drop out of the top 10 completely. Hector in particular I feel is a solid lock since alongside his previous popularity, he's a character that has remained good in Heroes and will likely inherit some of Lyn's voters now that she's not an option. Tharja to a lesser extent is also similar, though she does lose a bit for not being as strong a unit. 

Other characters I could see jump into the top 10 are Ninian, Nino, Celica, and Alm. Ninian is an odd choice, but considering she was the clear favorite in the Voting Gauntlet (which included characters like the Corrins and Tiki), her being a popular choice for Summoner Support (she got 11th, beating Camilla and Tharja), and Blazing Sword fans likely voting for another character alongside Hector from the game now that Lyn is out, she could get a significant enough boost to place highly. Nino is similar, she got 9th on that same Summoner Support poll and was already in the top 20 for females, which makes her a possible candidate for top 10 as well. Finally, Celica and Alm could inherit Fates' recency bias and get a large chunk of the votes themselves, which depending on how liked they are among the more casual fanbase could be enough to have them jump into the higher tiers. 

Edited by Medeus

14 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Oh I didn't realize this.  Perhaps Tharja will still beat her then.  I could see more waifu lovers from Lucina and Lyn going with Tharja over Camilla b/c Tharja is a lot more waifu-like.

There's also the matter of Camilla having three versions of herself. You mentioned Chrom having the same problem. Lyn fans for Eirika since they're familiar with the GBA titles, but I think less than half. Like 30% or something.

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Morswo said:

I would not use a reddit poll to extrapolate what will happen in CYL2 at all.

Reddit has a far, far, far higher concentration of old school FE fans than FE:H at whole. While is certainly nice data to have, in terms of guessing how CYL2 will go its effectively meaningless. 

Likewise, don't assume things like say, people will learn from the last CYL and rally around one particular version of a character (Marth). Quite frankly, the general play base fall under one of the following: 1) not smart enough to pick up on that idea 2) has that idea but thinks version B instead of version A should be the rallying point 3) wasn't around for the original CYL and has no idea about the vote splits. Marth is doomed because of this. Don't think he will ever be able to secure a top 2.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

I would not use a reddit poll to extrapolate what will happen in CYL2 at all.

Reddit has a far, far, far higher concentration of old school FE fans than FE:H at whole. While is certainly nice data to have, in terms of guessing how CYL2 will go its effectively meaningless. 

Likewise, don't assume things like say, people will learn from the last CYL and rally around one particular version of a character (Marth). Quite frankly, the general play base fall under one of the following: 1) not smart enough to pick up on that idea 2) has that idea but thinks version B instead of version A should be the rallying point 3) wasn't around for the original CYL and has no idea about the vote splits. Marth is doomed because of this. Don't think he will ever be able to secure a top 2.

Reddit poll is just to give an idea of what the current fanbase on reddit is voting for. I'm not expecting it to be accurate.

I actually agreed with @TheNiddo Lucina voters will most likely move to Tharja and Camilla voters. Regarding the "hate" part with the news years banner I doubt its very big in the general audience of Japan players to die hard players of Heroes I'd like to see other characters win Celica, Azura, Eirika, Micaiah are possible choices(I like Camilla and Tharja though) but we'll see how the results go but if its what's expected well gg.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn