Choose your legends 2 predictions

Jonahtron

5 hours ago, Rezanator said:

Ephraim has received a significant amount of visibility compared to Marth. eg being in more banners, getting a refinable weapon, getting developer commentary, and being a decent unit.

I  don't think these are substantial contributions towards Ephraim's popularity. I'd venture to say the polling audience, Ike fans (Ephraim falls under a similar category as Ike) and already having a very dedicated fanbase are more important influences.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have quite hard time to see that. Ike, Hector and Lex are quite similar (despite Like being "commoner"). They are brash, temperament and loyal. They are easy to trigger but always for right thing.

Ephraim strike me as someone much more egocentric, who plunge into battle to prove himself. He never loose his calm, he just choose to act reckless, assuming everything will go his way.

Ephraim is pretty much opposite of Ike, that's why Ike's fans are much likely go to Hector (Ike was based on him after all).

I think it's worth mentioning Warriors. It may not have a notably large impact, but it could give some votes to Marth and some other characters.

I don't think Chrom will make it to the top 2, he will definitely be top 4 however. I believe Hector will definitely be first, and it will be a war between Ephraim and Marth. I wouldn't count the Smash fans out yet, Marth has consistently been top tier since his debut in Melee, and is well known in the Smash fan base. Plus, the Smash fandom sneaks into everything, soooo who knows?

I don't particularly like Ephraim, but if he comes second, then fair game. However, if it turns out that Marth's combined votes put him in second, it won't be pretty. I wonder what IS will do if this happens, because it is very possible, given that Ike and Roy are out of the running.

My money for the male's side is Hector and Chrom/Ephraim. Hector I think has his spot locked down. Chrom has enough fans but I think Ephraim may have gotten enough of a boost thanks to Heroes to surpass him. If I'm really stretching it, Marth will take 2nd.

As for the females... well what I hope for is Eirika and Azura. Eirika because like Ephraim I think she'd get a boost from Heroes plus I think she deserves the spot more so than the Tharja, Camilla or Corrin. Azura I think could get 2nd because of her already existing popularity, plus her appearance in Warriors and her 3 incredible units in Heroes.

That's what I hope anyway. What will probably happen is Tharja and Camilla will still win it because fanservice though...

Saw that newer Reddit link regarding the whole "jp response to Reddit poll" post but again I doubt its alot of people in the jp fandom that even commented or should even take seriously the player base there is huge a couple of comments should never imply how the entire jp fanbase is. But I do see some liking of certain archetypes there compare to overseas but that's really it.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Lau said:

However, if it turns out that Marth's combined votes put him in second, it won't be pretty. I wonder what IS will do if this happens, because it is very possible, given that Ike and Roy are out of the running.

If I had to guess, I assume they'd give us three winners instead of two to avoid any backlash. But that remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

If I had to guess, I assume they'd give us three winners instead of two to avoid any backlash. But that remains to be seen.

They wouldn't do a 5 man banner. They want one for each colour type most likely like they did last time. And we've only ever had one banner in FE:H's history with more than 4 characters, with us normally down to 3 now.

Marth would not be a CYL winner if that happened. IS probably wouldn't respond to the minimal backlash at all. No need to, it would be drowned out by the Hector and Chrom/Ephraim/Alm fans (whoever it is who gets second).

I guess, that the jp fandom would change  a lot, but they can't bring Marth to the top 2 of males. I am afraid that Tharja or Camilla could destroy the dream of cyl Erika and Ephraim. Ephraim is my hope for the male division, he can beat Chrom and Marth.

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Combine his vote from his appearance in Shadow Dragon & Mystery of the Emblem & you get the result.

I found it hard to believe Lucina can take any spotlight when InSyst seems to be more interested making her be in the shadows of Chrom & Marth.

You cant combine the results.  CYL 1 was fairly organized and people still voted for both Marths.  CYL 2 won't be any different, people will vote for both of them.

9 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

They wouldn't do a 5 man banner. They want one for each colour type most likely like they did last time. And we've only ever had one banner in FE:H's history with more than 4 characters, with us normally down to 3 now.

Marth would not be a CYL winner if that happened. IS probably wouldn't respond to the minimal backlash at all. No need to, it would be drowned out by the Hector and Chrom/Ephraim/Alm fans (whoever it is who gets second).

Could make the fifth character a tempest trial reward or something "shrug". It's not that big a stretch. Also wasn't the very first Reinhardt one comprised of six characters? As you said, we're currently down to three, and yet they didn't modify the format to only elect three winners instead of four. They could have, merge both genders and only take the top 3.

As for the rest, the assumption is that Marth would get enough votes to get #2, so saying the backlash would be minimal makes no sense to me.

Edited by Cysx

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

You cant combine the results.  CYL 1 was fairly organized and people still voted for both Marths.  CYL 2 won't be any different, people will vote for both of them.

It's the exact same character? Why shouldn't the votes be combined?

Just now, Lushen said:

Doesn't matter if they should be, they aren't.

But that's the thing. Marth was robbed of 4th place due to split votes. It's unfair to characters that appeared multiple times, like poor Finn, who has been split three ways this time.

11 minutes ago, Lau said:

It's the exact same character? Why shouldn't the votes be combined?

Because he wants Ephraim to win and as such is against that idea since Marth’s totals combined would definitely beat Ephraim’s.

8 minutes ago, Lau said:

But that's the thing. Marth was robbed of 4th place due to split votes. It's unfair to characters that appeared multiple times, like poor Finn, who has been split three ways this time.

Finn was split three ways the first time, too. It really sucks that chose to split votes like this since most of the affected characters were already at a disadvantage to begin with, being from the less popular and less known games and all.

Edited by Tybrosion

I think there's gonna be a shake up, honestly.

-Ephraim will win 1st for males, Hector will win 2nd. Ephraim will be a mounted lance unit and use a beefed-up Reginleif.

-Celica will win 1st for females and Nino will win 2nd.

-Reinhardt, Marth, and Chrom will round out the Top 5 for males, and Eirika, Azura, and Corrin will round it up for females.

I'll be honest, I'm holding out hope that Micaiah will place. I'll take more Micaiah however I can get her lol.

Realistically... Since Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina are out I can see Ike fans going for Ephraim, Hector, or... even perhaps other PoR or RD characters. Hector is probably the best bet for the guys due to his major popularity. Since Lyn and Lucina are out... well I'm hoping the many incarnations of Tharja and Camilla will encourage people to vote for others so perhaps Celica and either F!Robin or F!Corrin.

45 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Exactly they don't care they don't need to patch up what isn't there problem to begin with which isn't even that big at all.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Exactly they don't care they don't need to patch up what isn't there problem to begin with which isn't even that big at all.

But it would be their problem because they're the ones who thought it would be a good idea to split the votes, knowing full well that it'd put certain characters at a disadvantage. And it would be a big problem, massive even, as it would be a big F U to those who voted for Marth.

Despite what majority of the posters say here, I believe that Tharja and possibly Camilla would be in the top 3. I'm betting that Azura would be very high up there. As for the males side, I'm thinking that  Hector and possibly Chrom will be in the top 2.

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

But it would be their problem because they're the ones who thought it would be a good idea to split the votes, knowing full well that it'd put certain characters at a disadvantage. And it would be a big problem, massive even, as it would be a big F U to those who voted for Marth.

Again they don't care its not gonna bother them if certain fans are making a huge deal about it nothing for them to lose sleep over up to fans.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Despite what majority of the posters say here, I believe that Tharja and possibly Camilla would be in the top 3. I'm betting that Azura would be very high up there. As for the males side, I'm thinking that  Hector and possibly Chrom will be in the top 2.

That's my prediction even though I seen certain polls as interesting as it looks I still take them with a mountain of salt.

1 minute ago, Morswo said:

They don't care about this, last time Marth was splitted and now again.

But last time it didn't matter, since he didn't make top 2 anyway.

Besides, you guys should care too, I mean, wouldn't you hate it if the character you're rooting for was split and lost because of it?

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Again they don't care its not gonna bother them if certain fans are making a huge deal about it nothing for them to lose sleep over up to fans.

You're underestimating the impact fan outcry can have.

1 minute ago, Morswo said:

They don't care about this, last time Marth was splitted and now again.

Yes, but 4th place from last time < potential 2nd place this time. If Marth's combined total puts him in 2nd, he will be robbed of a Brave alt. That's major.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

You're underestimating the impact fan outcry can have.

You underestimate how easy it is to ignore English-speaker fan outcry when you're a Japanese company.

Also, you're saying fans would be happy if they suddenly combined split votes to make another character lose?  I think more people would be mad if someone got bumped off slot 2 b/c they changed the rules.

Edited by Lushen