Choose your legends 2 predictions

Jonahtron

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

Besides, you guys should care too, I mean, wouldn't you hate it if the character you're rooting for was split and lost because of it?

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

Yes, but 4th place from last time < potential 2nd place this time. If Marth's combined total puts him in 2nd, he will be robbed of a Brave alt. That's major.

Ike was splitted too and won last time, if Marth is strong he will win. I know it is not fair, but do you really think that they care about it? I do not think that IS care about this, they splitted Marth.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

You underestimate how easy it is to ignore English-speaker fan outcry when you're a Japanese company.

Also, you're saying fans would be happy if they suddenly combined split votes to make another character lose?  I think more people would be mad if someone got bumped off slot 2 b/c they changed the rules.

Well, not to be picky but there isn't a written rule saying that they can't combine the results whilst tallying them up, so it isn't changing the rules. I'm not saying I'd be happy if they did it to make another character lose, God no, but it's the fact that they split Marth up, despite it being the same character. It's essentially a punishment for appearing more than once. So, actually, yes, I'd be happy if they combined Marth's results up, I'd be ecstatic, even.

1 minute ago, Lau said:

, but it's the fact that they split Marth up, despite it being the same character. It's essentially a punishment for appearing more than once. So, actually, yes, I'd be happy if they combined Marth's results up, I'd be ecstatic, even.

Every character, who appeared in different games has to be splitted, just Marth is high. Camus is splitted too, Marth is just a splitted lord in this case.

14 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Despite what majority of the posters say here, I believe that Tharja and possibly Camilla would be in the top 3. I'm betting that Azura would be very high up there. As for the males side, I'm thinking that  Hector and possibly Chrom will be in the top 2.

Somehow, I think that most, if not all, of the people here saying that Tharja and Camilla will underperform compared to last time are just saying that because they don’t want either or both to get Brave alts. I’d be like if I, who is biased against Ephraim, said “I don’t think Ephraim will finish within the top five on the male side”.

44 minutes ago, Lushen said:

You underestimate how easy it is to ignore English-speaker fan outcry when you're a Japanese company.

Also, you're saying fans would be happy if they suddenly combined split votes to make another character lose?  I think more people would be mad if someone got bumped off slot 2 b/c they changed the rules.

That's assuming this would qualify as a change of rules. After all, only PoR Ike won, and yet Radiant Dawn Ike is out too. Also, every split character only appears once on the results screen. But at the same time, they only kept the character's highest score instead of adding them all up. Honestly, it's hard to say for sure what their stance on the matter is.

Also obviously that situation would suck, I'm not saying there'd be a right and a wrong side.

Edit: Striked an incorrect sentence. Just didn't look low enough.

Edited by Cysx

1 minute ago, Morswo said:

Every character, who appeared in different games has to be splitted, just Marth is high. Camus is splitted too, Marth is just a splitted lord in this case.

Of course, I mean, look at Finn and the White Wings. But even so, I'm focusing on Marth because out of all of them, he has the highest chance to place well, plus he's the one I feel the most strongly about,

But again, the split is basically a punishment, IS should know this.

1 minute ago, Lau said:
4 minutes ago, Morswo said:

Of course, I mean, look at Finn and the White Wings. But even so, I'm focusing on Marth because out of all of them, he has the highest chance to place well, plus he's the one I feel the most strongly about,

But again, the split is basically a punishment, IS should know this.

It should not become changed, Ike has won and was splitted, so Marth has to do this too, if he want win this time.

1 minute ago, Morswo said:

It should not become changed, Ike has won and was splitted, so Marth has to do this too, if he want win this time.

I hardly see how that's relevant. That's Ike, of course both versions are going to score highly. Besides, I'm on about Marth being potentially robbed of second place, not winning. Hector is going to win, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

I hardly see how that's relevant. That's Ike, of course both versions are going to score highly. Besides, I'm on about Marth being potentially robbed of second place, not winning. Hector is going to win, I believe.

If we change it now, it is not fair for people who voted Ike last time. We should use rules of CYL1, so it is fair for everyone and I think it is wrong to change the rules during the event.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

It's the exact same character? Why shouldn't the votes be combined?

Well theoretically they should but Ike didn't have that luxury yet still won easily. Wouldn't it be unfair for Ike if Marth got the luxury of combining votes whereas Ike had to win the hard way?

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Well theoretically they should but Ike didn't have that luxury yet still won easily. Wouldn't it be unfair for Ike if Marth got the luxury of combining votes whereas Ike had to win the hard way?

But would it matter as much as it would for Marth, Tiki and other characters who were split? I don't think so, considering Ike managed to place in the top 5 twice. He has overwhelming global support, the other split characters don't. Plus, I don't see how Ike is relevant this time around as he is out of the running. 

Just now, Lau said:

But would it matter as much as it would for Marth, Tiki and other characters who were split? I don't think so, considering Ike managed to place in the top 5 twice. He has overwhelming global support, the other split characters don't. Plus, I don't see how Ike is relevant this time around as he is out of the running.

It is not important, because Ike has enough Fans? What should the people say, who voted for Ike? If IS want to change the rules, they had it already, before the event starts, but they didn't changed the rules.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

We don't really know that Ike didn't have that luxury, he just didn't need it. If neither of his versions had placed above third but the combined votes were enough, maybe they'd have adapted then.

And frankly I don't quite see how it's unfair to Ike fans either. Not to mention a lot of them might be voting for Marth this time around, because smash.

3 minutes ago, Morswo said:

It is not important, because Ike has enough Fans? What should the people say, who voted for Ike? If IS want to change the rules, they had it already, before the event starts, but they didn't changed the rules.

You see, I don't want to debate about Ike, because quite frankly, the less I say about him the better.

But...I don't know. I'm not IS, I don't know the way they think, no one does. All I'm saying is that I want to know what they'll do if Marth's combined votes put him in second place. Who knows? Maybe this time they'll add up the votes when they release the final results. 

But anyways, I'm not going to argue anymore because it feels like we're straying from my main point, okay? Right. Agree to disagree and all that.

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

if Marth's combined votes put him in second place. Who knows?

Maybe they will make three brave heroes, because it would be unfair to kick the other second place character out.

Just now, Morswo said:

Maybe they will make three brave heroes, because it would be unfair to kick the other second place character out.

That would most likely be the preferable outcome, but then the next question is, would they so that? But I'm not touching that can of worms.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

You're underestimating the impact fan outcry can have.

Yes, but 4th place from last time < potential 2nd place this time. If Marth's combined total puts him in 2nd, he will be robbed of a Brave alt. That's major.

I'm not because its not a loud outcry to even begin with......

There's no way that Tharja and Camilla won't take first and second place respectively there's no doubt in my mind, people are using their personal grievances with the characters as  reasoning to why they'll drop off dramatically.For the men's bracket aside from Hector taking the top spot it's tough deciding between Chrom, Marth, Ephraim, and the less likely male robin with all of them having a sizeable chance, but I find myself leaning to Marth moreso than the others. Marth was able to score higher than ephraim,robin,takumi, and leo with the latter two having the benefit of being recent games despite his votes being pulled into two directions. His lack of representation is felt by a vast majority because the guy is so popular and being presented with the possibility of receiving a new heroes costume his fans will definitely flock to support him. 

Edited by MisfitMiju

The first CYL poll happened before Heroes came out, did it not? There's so many factors that play into what the results will be for this one. The voter turnout will be predominately Heroes players, so expect the tier list to have an influence. Fates is no longer the most recent game, so only those that are truly popular from that game and/or being actively pushed by IS will remain as high. Echoes will have most of its cast inflated as Fates did last time, but I don't expect as much so because less people played Echoes than Fates. The Heroes player base doesn't entirely overlap with the main series one though as well, since generally everyone has access to a smart phone but not less so a 3DS. So with that considered, I expect the popular and most recent characters in Heroes to take more of the votes than Echoes, especially when you consider who's voting. Echoes is close to a year old now, as well, whereas Heroes has continued updating. We do already have the results for the first poll too, so that will certainly play an influence.. but to be honest, I'm not sure if that would get people to vote against it or vote for it. People love bandwagoning, but the internet roots hard for underdogs. So, who knows? 

That said.. my predictions for top 10 are as follows (in no particular order)

Males - Hector, Ephraim, Chrom, Robin, Takumi, Reinhardt, Corrin, Marth, Alm, Owain

Females - Azura, Celica, Camilla, Tharja, Corrin, Olivia, Cordelia, Eirika, Micaiah, Nino

No idea who would win top 2 for each gender.. but I'm hoping it's Hector, Chrom, Azura and Celica. 

Edited by dmurr

I find it hilarious that people think that Tharja and Camilla will underperform this time because of things like them already having seasonal variants and how vocal their haters are online. Just like with Voting Gauntlets I don't think a small group like Reddit or even Sereneforest can influence the CYL polls that much considering that anyone can go and vote for it.

As for my own prediction the male side will obviously be two Lords, its just a matter of whom between Hector, Chrom, Marth and Ephraim will take it. For females it will probably be Tharja and Camilla even though I could care less for them but I wouldn't mind Azura or Celica taking the female slots.

5 minutes ago, dmurr said:

The first CYL poll happened before Heroes came out, did it not? There so many factors that play into what the results will be for this one. The voter turnout will be predominately Heroes players, so expect the tier list to have an influence. Fates is no longer the most recent game, so only those that are truly popular from that game and/or being actively pushed by IS will remain as high. Echoes will have most of its cast inflated as Fates did last time, but I don't expect as much so because less people played Echoes than Fates. The Heroes player base doesn't entirely overlap with the main series one though as well, since generally everyone has access to a smart phone but not less so a 3DS. So with that considered, I expect the popular and most recent characters in Heroes to take more of the votes than Echoes, especially when you consider who's voting. Echoes is close to a year old now, as well, whereas Heroes has continued updating. We do already have the results for the first poll too, so that will certainly play an influence.. but to be honest, I'm not sure if that would get people to vote against it or vote for it. People love bandwagoning, but the internet roots hard for underdogs. So, who knows? 

That said.. my predictions for top 10 are as follows (in no particular order)

Males - Hector, Ephraim, Chrom, Robin, Takumi, Reinhardt, Corrin, Marth, Alm, Owain

Females - Azura, Celica, Camilla, Tharja, Corrin, Olivia, Cordelia, Eirika, Micaiah, Nino

No idea who would win top 2 for each gender.. but I'm hoping it's Hector, Chrom, Azura and Celica. 

Interesting. Any particular reason you think female Robin will fall out of the top ten?

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Interesting. Any particular reason you think female Robin will fall out of the top ten?

I could be completely wrong, but my thinking is as follows: She is popular, yes, but her Heroes incarnation is pretty rubbish and also fairly limited to get. Her seasonal variant isn't terrible but also came out several months ago. Robin is still one of the more popular Fire Emblem characters, but the male version is definitely more popular, and tends to get the Smash popularity more than the female version. The female characters have way more competition as well. Ninian, fRobin, Tiki, and Nowi were ones I wasn't sure what to do with either. Micaiah, Olivia and Nino are ones I could see replaced, and all three are fairly popular, but Micaiah was just added to Heroes giving her some edge, Nino is quite good and Olivia is the most easily accessed dancer which is pretty commonly used in Heroes too. Olivia is going to be added into Warriors too via DLC, and we know that they said they were going to add those based more on popularity. Makes me think Heroes increased it significantly though somewhat silently, moreso than expected at least.

I don't know though, I haven't played Heroes as much lately to be honest. 

Edited by dmurr

The hatred Camilla (and Tharja) constantly get makes me want to vote for her but I won't simply because she already has too many seasonals (unless there's a bikini version on the line..).

So I'm going to need another sultry, mature, heavy breasted character to vote for. I'm thinking Orochi. :)

Chrom lost to the combined Marths and last time, Ike and Lucina won despite being split but this time they’ll likely correct that.

i think they’ll tally votes this time so Chrom is out. 

Im surprised about the Ephraim stuff Chrom is so much cooler