Choose your legends 2 predictions

Jonahtron

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

The only thing for me regarding this poll is that for one:

-Are these numbers legit different people and not spammers?

-Are the people in numbers voting for said character/s all 7 days, just only once or mostly all the days?

Its hard to tell with these kind of forum style polls.

I asked people whether they intended to vote the same every day, or split their votes for multiple heroes. For those who split their votes, I asked you to list who you would be voting for on each day. Otherwise, I counted 7 votes for your first choice. In this way, each person gets 7 votes (total of ~75k votes).

That's the methodology that was posted. 

Edited by Icelerate

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I asked people whether they intended to vote the same every day, or split their votes for multiple heroes. For those who split their votes, I asked you to list who you would be voting for on each day. Otherwise, I counted 7 votes for your first choice. In this way, each person gets 7 votes (total of ~75k votes).

That's the me methodology that was posted. 

Well we'll soon see if this adds up to anything in the final results.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Tellius will do poorly in CYL 2.

I see much less support for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn than FE 7, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates.

Tellius was always quite overrated, and this proves that its fanbase is small but vocal. So vocal, infact, that they themselves and other people who see them don't realize how small they are. 

3DS and GBA characters are way more popular. And I hope that IS realizes that the only reason Judgral isn't as popular as Tellius is because they are JP only and have yet to receive a remake. 

Edited by Jaafers

4 hours ago, Jaafers said:

Tellius will do poorly in CYL 2.

I see much less support for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn than FE 7, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates.

Tellius was always quite overrated, and this proves that its fanbase is small but vocal. So vocal, infact, that they themselves and other people who see them don't realize how small they are. 

3DS and GBA characters are way more popular. And I hope that IS realizes that the only reason Judgral isn't as popular as Tellius is because they are JP only and have yet to receive a remake. 

I have a feeling Tellius will do relatively worse due to SoV and Heroes characters taking away some votes and spreading each game's vote count more thinly. Also, a lot of Tellius votes went to Ike and most Ike votes will go towards Hector and Ephraim. Then there is the fact Tellius didn't receive many characters yet so it doesn't have as much steam so far. However, I've been seeing a lot of people asking for Laguz, Jill and Haar so I don't think Tellius will do poorly. 

22 hours ago, Clogon said:

Define "high". She was already in the top ten females in the previous CYL. There is no way that she will be any lower than top 5. My estimate is top 3.

Woot. Top 3 as predicted. Lets push her to top 2!!!

On 22/01/2018 at 4:20 AM, Clogon said:

Rein will definitely be top ten. Heck, I would even say top 5 and it won't be just because of memes (he was popular in FEH before them). This CYL event is open to all FEH users. Rein is one of the strongest and most available heroes being a 4*. Many users rely on him to clear the FEH content and therefore will get attached to him.

Previous CYL only had FE fans vote, now it will mainly be FEH players. It will be interesting to see how unit balance in FEH affects this poll. 

I am better at predicting this than expected. XD

Edited by Clogon

Whelp, guess Marth voters indeed didn't get the memo. C'm'on, guys!

I was hoping for more upsets(that being said, why is Loki there exactly? Don't answer that). Interestingly, Micaiah is still doing really good despite just being added to the game, and somehow Tharja did worse than we all expected. Also, is that Thracia Leaf of FE4 Leaf? That's his 4 sprite.

27 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Whelp, guess Marth voters indeed didn't get the memo. C'm'on, guys!

I was hoping for more upsets(that being said, why is Loki there exactly? Don't answer that). Interestingly, Micaiah is still doing really good despite just being added to the game, and somehow Tharja did worse than we all expected. Also, is that Thracia Leaf of FE4 Leaf? That's his 4 sprite.

I'd guess that a character getting a seasonal alt hurts their chances a little. No one knew Lyn would get an alt before CYL1, or that Lucina would effectively get two alts before voting. When your fave character already has an alt, you might be inclined to try and get your second fave an outfit.

That's just my guess though. I'd assume Camilla's votes are taking a similar hit to Tharja, though probably less so. Because this effect also wraps back around, because Camilla fans are probably seeing the possibility of having a full Camilla team.

22 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I don’t get Chrom..it’s impossible now...

Don't worry. There's always next year. And there's the chance that IS might do unexpected brave variants like Eirika so you might just get brave Chrom.

5 hours ago, Clogon said:

The thing I REALLY dislike about seeing mid-results is that it skews the votes a lot!

This, that really sucks. Then again they kept in split votes so we already knew IS has no clue how to properly handle a poll. Poor Marth getting split screwed again.

Also surprised and not surprised to see Celica somehow in first. I guess she is the main waifu from the latest real game release after all.. I liked her a lot until I actually played through the game.

I wonder if Eirika actually got a boost from her new banner.

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I think it sabotaged her, more than anything, which really scares me. I don't expect her to topple Celica, but she can make it into the top 2, right?

I don't really see how. If anything I'd think it energizes her base to vote for her harder, and just gives her more of a spotlight right now during the poll. Camilla having an alt this month doesn't seem to have sabotaged her.

And I hope not, I want that Bolverk Camilla

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't really see how. If anything I'd think it energizes her base to vote for her harder, and just gives her more of a spotlight right now during the poll. Camilla having an alt this month doesn't seem to have sabotaged her.

And I hope not, I want that Bolverk Camilla

People only remember the most recent things. I've seen a lot of hate for Eirika for her new form.

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

People only remember the most recent things. I've seen a lot of hate for Eirika for her new form.

Yea even though I am voting for her still, I really hated her being on this banner instead of Cormag/Colm/Neimi/Gerick/etc (not because it's Eirika, but because they are repeating popular units this early in the games lifecycle? Come on IS...)

14 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

they are repeating popular units this early in the games lifecycle? Come on IS...

I understand your annoyance, but I'm glad you see the bigger picture here: so many people seem to think Eirik2 is a one-off for some reason!

I'm also glad you're still voting for her :) Do you think she still has a chance?

Holy shit Tharja completely dropped. Unfortunately Camilla didn’t. I would have much rather seen Tharja in top 2 than Camilla, or even Erika, but it can’t be helped. And I did not expect Celica to be number one! I thought I heard that Faye was more popular in Japan? Well I’m glad we seem to be getting 2 characters I like! I hope that (but don’t expect) Marth surpasses Ephraim.

Ephraim (as a siscon) can't be more happy if he teams up with 3 different Eirikas.
I guess I could life with it.  Do your best Eirika voters. I'd rather see Eirika than Nino. But I still vote for Laevantein and don't let myself be influenced.

At least the Loki voters gave a signal, even if it may be for reasons.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, dmurr said:

...my predictions for top 10 are as follows (in no particular order)

Males - Hector, Ephraim, Chrom, Robin, Takumi, Reinhardt, Corrin, Marth, Alm, Owain

Females - Azura, Celica, Camilla, Tharja, Corrin, Olivia, Cordelia, Eirika, Micaiah, Nino

Oh dang, I was actually pretty close in my original prediction. 

I put mCorrin and Owain instead of Marth2 and Leif and Cordelia and Olivia instead of the Heroes characters.

To be fair, Owain is 12 for males and Cordelia is 11 so both could still make the top 10.  Olivia and mCorrin are nowhere to be found though, lol.

Edited by dmurr

My initial predictions were actually pretty close.

I was correct in assuming the waifu voters would move from Lucina/Lyn to another waifu and not a 'boob-lady'.  I didn't think it would be Celica, but I guess it makes sense.  I also expected a waifu to be rank 2 with Camilla at one but seems I was off on this.

Camilla did surpass Tharja as I thought she would, but she did so by a much larger margin than I expected.

Ephraim, Chrom and Hector are exactly where I thought they'd be, but I'm still optimistic that Ephraim can move up.

Alm, Veronica, and Loki are incredibly surprising to me.  Mostly Alm, I didn't think he was that popular.

Edited by Lushen

On 1/23/2018 at 10:45 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think there's gonna be a shake up, honestly.

-Ephraim will win 1st for males, Hector will win 2nd. Ephraim will be a mounted lance unit and use a beefed-up Reginleif.

-Celica will win 1st for females and Nino will win 2nd.

-Reinhardt, Marth, and Chrom will round out the Top 5 for males, and Eirika, Azura, and Corrin will round it up for females.

Well, my initial predictions weren't too far off. Ephraim and Hector are as of now the top 2, although I got their spots mixed up, and Marth and Reinhardt are in the top 5. Alm being there and not Chrom is a surprise. 

I got Celica right but Nino is way lower than I thought she'd be. Eirika and Azura I got right, but I certainly didn't expect Veronica over Corrin.