I found FE representation in a thing about video game logic humor

Dragoncat

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I always got the sense Sothe hated his job in RD, now I see why.

I don't know about that. He looks like he wants to cuddle with Micaiah...or further than that. He doesn't know what to think about all of a sudden thinking that way about his childhood friend who was like a big sister to him. That's why he's grumpy. He goes from "damn she's hot" to "stupid hormones SHUT UP!" back and forth all the time.

5 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART!

OR SO WE THOUGHT!

YOU GIVE SOTHE A BAD NAME!

Reminds me of the comic strip where Hector is pierced in the chest by a lance for a grand total of 0 damage.

Almost makes me sad that they made it so that characters actually parry attacks and mostly properly dodge in Echoes.

46 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Almost makes me sad that they made it so that characters actually parry attacks and mostly properly dodge in Echoes.

That's awesome though, except maybe the backflipping done by the mercenary line is a bit over the top.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Was there something wrong in the way the Soldier line in RD uses their shields? I thought they tried parrying attacks?

It might be possible that Sothe's shirt is so tight from having been worn for years without ever having taken it off that the circulation to the affected region is weak and he has lost nerve sensitivity there.

Or Sothe in learning the ways of a Rogue, gained the ability to momentarily phase his body into another dimension, thus letting solid objects pass through him.

7 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Yeah, haha, that's the one.

The GBA games are so great because they don't even block attacks; they just sit there and take it.  And then there's also the Generals with their chain axes/lances... so that way you know they aren't just pulling 25 axes out of their pockets to throw at enemies.  I'd say the GBA FE graphics still hold up well today, imo.

16 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

That's awesome though, except maybe the backflipping done by the mercenary line is a bit over the top.

Which is why I said "almost".

The combat scenes in that game are very quick and fluid.  Combat animation has come so far since the first 3D game.  The battles no longer look like janky Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Was there something wrong in the way the Soldier line in RD uses their shields? I thought they tried parrying attacks?

It might be possible that Sothe's shirt is so tight from having been worn for years without ever having taken it off that the circulation to the affected region is weak and he has lost nerve sensitivity there.

Or Sothe in learning the ways of a Rogue, gained the ability to momentarily phase his body into another dimension, thus letting solid objects pass through him.

I wouldn't actually know; I've played PoR, but not RD (at least, not much of it).  When I made my comment, I was mostly thinking of the 3DS games.  I guess that there's technically parry and dodge animations in all the 3D games, but SoV made it so that they actually look good; when a character blocks or parries, their opponent actually recoils and your units don't just jump backwards to dodge attacks, which means fewer instances like Sothe magically not getting hurt by a lance through his chest.

And I'd say another possibility is Sothe learned to use the afterimage technique.  Or that he's secretly Tharja, who has no heart, if only because Sothe/Tharja is Sheik/Zelda in a Smash Brawl mod.

18 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd say the GBA FE graphics still hold up well today, imo.

I agree. They were appealing to look at too. I kind of miss them ever since battle animations started featuring 3D models.

On 1/24/2018 at 3:02 PM, eclipse said:

Well, DUH!

He's obviously a ghost!  Sheesh, gamer blogs these days. . . :P:

Well he promotes into a whisper and ghosts are quiet and so is whispering?

Some ghosts are quiet anyway?