Reasons for liking your favourite character?

Lau

I dunno.

I like Homer's design(Definitely one of the most atypical mage designs in the series), I like using him as a unit, and the idea of a partyboy mage/bard is amusing to me. Him being buddies with Shannam wins him points, too.

As for actual character characters, I like Canas for being a good dude and not being an insufferable bookworm. He's a nerd who like books, but (Barring his Vaida support)there's so much more to him, when he could just be... well, Miriel. Plus, while he's far from the first "Kind hearted practitioner of Dark Magic" in the franchise(The role started with Salem, who was another kind hearted practitioner of Dark magic), I think he's far and away the best written/most likable one. His supports with Nino are heartwarming, and him and Pent fanboying over each other is so much more fun than it should be.

Also both of them have purple hair, so that's a big selling point.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Ishtar because she came off as being a cool, confident character who had some depth to her. Her design is also beautiful.

I like Canas because I sort of enjoy his character and like his design a lot but also because he's a complete god every run I do of FE7 and pretty much three or four shots the final boss

I like Arvis for being the best written villain in the franchise

I like Travant because he was a villain who truly had something to fight for and had real reasons for fighting and I liked his personality

I like Leaf for being the best written lord in the series. He goes through a lot of development throughout the game and I liked his personality

I like Homer for just being a normal guy who wants to fuck and also for the fact that he capped four of his stats as a level 2 sage for me.

I like Shin for carrying every run of FE6

Takumi I love him because 

Takumi is a character with incredible depth,and much of his personality remains same regardless of the path chosen unlike certain characters.He is a neglected headstrong child who only wanted someone to acknoledge him. Since the loss of both his biological mother and father, Takumi was adrift in the sea of his own darkness. He looked for some kind of comfort from his older siblings, but they were too concerned for Corrin's sake that the archer was left on the backburner. This would later help breed his hatred of Corrin and set the stage for what would happen in the future. He's the only royal who didn't suck up to Corrin, aside from Leo, instantly and has the most practical thinking about them so that makes him my favourite character in the entire franchise.

Edited by Jbunzie

Lukas:

- closest I've seen to an aro/possibly ace character without explicitly labelling themselves. His support with Python is so great.
- intelligent and a bookworm without either of those things being defining/dominant characteristics. He's not even a magic user! 
- is the mom/babysitter of the group, a position I've always held myself.

Takumi's my second fave for all the reasons mentioned by others in this thread. He's an exceptionally well-written depiction of a person with anxiety and inferiority issues.

Apart from the aforementioned Caeda, Arthur is one of my other favorites. Unlike another Nintendo character who deserves all his humiliation and butt monkey status he gets for his utter sissiness, Arthur is a butt monkey character that I both find funny and also feel bad for. The former because of just how ridiculous his bad luck is, and the latter due to his unwavering pursuit for justice, and his sheer determination and courage. It also helps that my LP is a crossover between Fates Conquest and the Pacific Theatre of WW2, which easily puts Nohr (and by extension, Arthur himself) in a much more positive light, and writing an LP fanfic for Arthur is quite cathartic.

Thirdly, Roy. He comes as what I believe is a more realistic case of leadership, where brains, tactics, and teamwork wins the day as in what is generally the case in real life battles/campaigns. Roy's only problem is that he is in a game that is unsuited for his gameplay characteristics. Roy's game should have been like Fates where he could support everyone in the army and learn leadership-based skills that strengthens the entire team and gives a reason to actually field him in battle, regardless of Roy's actual stats. (And that you actually need to have an army to be able to win the chapters.) It is partly because of this reason that Fates Conquest should be the standard for gameplay in all new games, including remakes.

I can't really quite put my finger on why I love NIles so much I just do.

I find his backstory to pretty interesting and it has a lot of potential to be very dark and sad. I find his loyalty to Leo endearing and commendable. I also like the fact I can marry him as a man, considering the fact Corrin is supposed to be a representative of me, it was nice that I could do something in game that I would actually do in real life. Plus, I find NIles to be quite romantic and lovable, especially based on his Japanese My Room dialogue where you see the real Niles, who, behind his sadism and cruelty, just wants someone to love. So yeah, I like Niles.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:17 AM, Refa said:

Finn is the best.  Fantastic availability throughout both games, has a personal Brave weapon in FE5 (and is a great user of it in FE4), becomes a Jeigan in Gen 2, interesting character, gets a lot of development and screentime, has a great dynamic with some of the other Best Characters in his games, and is a sexy bitch.  What's not to love?

To elaborate more on the character portion (him being great gameplay wise should be self explanatory), I appreciate how subdued his character is.  FE isn't really the best series in the world for subtlety, but there are a lot of aspects to his character that you have to infer and puzzle out rather than them being outright stated to you; I like it when media assumes that I'm not a brainless moron and can figure these things out for myself.

His actual character is similar to knightly characters featured in every FE game, but he has more layers to him, which keeps him from falling into the trap of being rather stale and predictable that most of these characters tend to do.  Yeah, he's fiercely loyal to Lenster by Generation 2/Thracia 776, but you get to see the build up (somewhat, FE4 definitely could have given him more characterization and a potential remake would fix this issue for sure) in the first generation.  It's less that he has some vague respect for his country and more that he greatly admires Cuan and Ethlin (so much so, that when they died, he sort of just shut down and almost became a robot).  I really wish he had some conversations w/Ethlin in the first generation.  All I remember is a few convoes with Cuan and maybe some lovers conversations (citation needed).

There's not much to say about his love interests, unfortunately.  You can tell how strong his feelings are in his Gen 2 conversations with his daughters and some of the dialogue in FE5, but there's not much else to go on.  Again, this is something that a potential remake of FE4 would be able to fix.

Something else that interests me about the character is how he changed as he aged.  Several other FE characters do this as well, and honestly I think the series does a great job w/this as a whole; Finn being no exception, of course.  He's a lot colder in general, most likely due to past traumas.  This comes across during his conversations with Evyal, Saphy, and Selfina.  However, he's not heartless, as he's genuinely worried about Nanna's safety and cares about Leaf/Altenna to the point of crying when he's discovered that she's alive.  This further reinforces that his loyalty isn't to an abstract concept as his country and more to a family that he genuinely loves and respects.

tl,dr; he cool and he hot, bitches.

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

To elaborate more on the character portion (him being great gameplay wise should be self explanatory), I appreciate how subdued his character is.  FE isn't really the best series in the world for subtlety, but there are a lot of aspects to his character that you have to infer and puzzle out rather than them being outright stated to you; I like it when media assumes that I'm not a brainless moron and can figure these things out for myself.

His actual character is similar to knightly characters featured in every FE game, but he has more layers to him, which keeps him from falling into the trap of being rather stale and predictable that most of these characters tend to do.  Yeah, he's fiercely loyal to Lenster by Generation 2/Thracia 776, but you get to see the build up (somewhat, FE4 definitely could have given him more characterization and a potential remake would fix this issue for sure) in the first generation.  It's less that he has some vague respect for his country and more that he greatly admires Cuan and Ethlin (so much so, that when they died, he sort of just shut down and almost became a robot).  I really wish he had some conversations w/Ethlin in the first generation.  All I remember is a few convoes with Cuan and maybe some lovers conversations (citation needed).

There's not much to say about his love interests, unfortunately.  You can tell how strong his feelings are in his Gen 2 conversations with his daughters and some of the dialogue in FE5, but there's not much else to go on.  Again, this is something that a potential remake of FE4 would be able to fix.

Something else that interests me about the character is how he changed as he aged.  Several other FE characters do this as well, and honestly I think the series does a great job w/this as a whole; Finn being no exception, of course.  He's a lot colder in general, most likely due to past traumas.  This comes across during his conversations with Evyal, Saphy, and Selfina.  However, he's not heartless, as he's genuinely worried about Nanna's safety and cares about Leaf/Altenna to the point of crying when he's discovered that she's alive.  This further reinforces that his loyalty isn't to an abstract concept as his country and more to a family that he genuinely loves and respects.

tl,dr; he cool and he hot, bitches.

It really is sad that we never got enough characterization from him in the games, and we really have to decipher things on our own. But it has been said that he has become rather cold, particularly towards women, despite how him and Lachesis were together, the coldness hurt her in the process. The Oosawa manga shows a lot of Finn's character, but I feel his character has been more centered around just his unrequited feelings for the long run in the first part of the manga, until they finally do get requited, but by then he leaves. So we didn't get enough to see more of his character there. Still, it was nice and I ship him hard with Lachesis for that reason.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It really is sad that we never got enough characterization from him in the games, and we really have to decipher things on our own. But it has been said that he has become rather cold, particularly towards women, despite how him and Lachesis were together, the coldness hurt her in the process. The Oosawa manga shows a lot of Finn's character, but I feel his character has been more centered around just his unrequited feelings for the long run in the first part of the manga, until they finally do get requited, but by then he leaves. So we didn't get enough to see more of his character there. Still, it was nice and I ship him hard with Lachesis for that reason.

There's definitely room for improvement on that front.  I think if they take the characterization from the developer interviews and various other FE4 media into account when remaking FE4 (if they remake FE4, and that's a big IF), it'll truly be something special.

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

There's definitely room for improvement on that front.  I think if they take the characterization from the developer interviews and various other FE4 media into account when remaking FE4 (if they remake FE4, and that's a big IF), it'll truly be something special.

Now that I think about it, didn't Kaga write an entire story about escaping Leonster with Lachesis and Finn? 

If they remake it, they'll have to really juggle with the love triangle that is Finn/Lachesis/Beowulf, since one is said to be the canonical father of one of Lachesis kids at the very least, and Finn is the father of the other. And maybe also make Sigurd and Deirdre's romance be something more than:

"Hey, I met you... and this is crazy... but let's get married... and have a baby." 

Yeah, that was them. And people complain about Awakening and Fates having 4 conversations = marriage. Sigurd and Deirdre were even worse.

Edited by omegaxis1

54 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Now that I think about it, didn't Kaga write an entire story about escaping Leonster with Lachesis and Finn? 

If they remake it, they'll have to really juggle with the love triangle that is Finn/Lachesis/Beowulf, since one is said to be the canonical father of one of Lachesis kids at the very least, and Finn is the father of the other. And maybe also make Sigurd and Deirdre's romance be something more than:

"Hey, I met you... and this is crazy... but let's get married... and have a baby." 

Yeah, that was them. And people complain about Awakening and Fates having 4 conversations = marriage. Sigurd and Deirdre were even worse.

The thing with Sigurd and Deirdre is that it was love at first sight. I know it's cheesy but still.

Whereas with Awakening and Fates you had three normal conversations and then a fourth where out of the blue one of the pair asked the other to marry them, which made no sense what so ever. If there was some cohesion between the supports, the 'four conversations = marriage' thing wouldn't have been so bad, and I know some people that defend it by saying 'But you couldn't do that with the nature of the game' but maybe that's a sign that marriage and child units shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Oh and BTW, I don't mean to start an argument, I just thought I would point this out.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

And maybe also make Sigurd and Deirdre's romance be something more than:

Keep in mind that FE4 Gen 1 takes place over a course of 5 years. Though they got married within a year of meeting, events in this game aren't as sudden as they seem.

Edited by Køkø

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

The thing with Sigurd and Deirdre is that it was love at first sight. I know it's cheesy but still.

Whereas with Awakening and Fates you had three normal conversations and then a fourth where out of the blue one of the pair asked the other to marry them, which made no sense what so ever. If there was some cohesion between the supports, the 'four conversations = marriage' thing wouldn't have been so bad, and I know some people that defend it by saying 'But you couldn't do that with the nature of the game' but maybe that's a sign that marriage and child units shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Oh and BTW, I don't mean to start an argument, I just thought I would point this out.

Was this an argument? I don't recall this being the case. 

And still, Sigurd and Deirdre's entire love at first sight really didn't work for me. It seemed less love and more hormones. Least the manga made it slightly better. Slightly. 

But I don't disagree with the case of them having four conversations equal marriage, but how is that any worse than the love at first sight rule where they have not even a single proper conversation? Sorry, but it just feels even more forced just so that Seliph can be born so that he's ha;f siblings with Julia ad Julius. Like on the 4 conversations thing, time could have passed by through each converation, fighting together, strengthening bonds, etc. You can actually consider a stronger form of love to develop from there. 

But I get why they did it in Awakening. And why I like Robin's S supports with some of the non-mother characters, where Robin doesn't propose, but confesses his love. Love the Robin/Lucina the most. XP

1 minute ago, Køkø said:

Keep in mind that FE4 Gen 1 takes place over a course of 4 years. Though they got married within a year of meeting, events in this game aren't as sudden as they seem.

Sure, but it still was Sigurd and Deirdre just meeting, and didn't have a full conversation, then when they meet again, they confess their love for one another. The marriage could come after, sure, but they still ended up falling in love way quicker than others do.

*looks at sig*

Well, uh, my love of the Archanean characters came from the utter lack of development most of them had in Shadow Dragon.  The writers put what little personality the units had in their death quotes, and most of it came through loud and clear. . .except Tomas.  I really wanted to write about the characters, and he had by far the least to work with.  So I drew out his personality based on whatever I needed in my writing.  He just grew from there.  Then I grabbed him as a draft pick, and found out that he's not half-bad in SD.  NM gave him, well, something, and it turns out it's one of my favorite archetypes (the quiet guy who's secretly insane).

Legault was my go-to thief in FE7, because he was the one least likely to get screwed.  Each of his supports is relevant to his character, and when everything is put together, he's damn interesting.  I'm really glad they tried to do that in Awakening. . .with Tharja (yes, even that idiotic Noire/father support builds her character, and it has fuck-all to do with child abuse.  That, IMO, was a crappy way of trying to get the message across).

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

And still, Sigurd and Deirdre's entire love at first sight really didn't work for me. It seemed less love and more hormones. Least the manga made it slightly better. Slightly. 

But I don't disagree with the case of them having four conversations equal marriage, but how is that any worse than the love at first sight rule where they have not even a single proper conversation? Sorry, but it just feels even more forced just so that Seliph can be born so that he's ha;f siblings with Julia ad Julius. Like on the 4 conversations thing, time could have passed by through each converation, fighting together, strengthening bonds, etc. You can actually consider a stronger form of love to develop from there. 

But I get why they did it in Awakening. And why I like Robin's S supports with some of the non-mother characters, where Robin doesn't propose, but confesses his love. Love the Robin/Lucina the most. XP

Sure, but it still was Sigurd and Deirdre just meeting, and didn't have a full conversation, then when they meet again, they confess their love for one another. The marriage could come after, sure, but they still ended up falling in love way quicker than others do.

Keep in mind that Deirdre was forbidden from making contact with men her entire life. Hormones did play a big part in their marriage. 

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I know it wasn't an argument, I was just trying to be cautious and all, it is the interwebs :p.

And I do get your point about love at first sight not being much better, but there was also a lot of time between Ch. 1 and 2 in FE4, when the two got married, which is said to be about a year and a lot can happen in a year. Like you said, their first meeting and confession were most definitely influenced by hormones, however I'm sure after a year they wouldn't be together if there wasn't something there. 

But I suppose it could also be me and the fact there was no precedent to make their confession of love out of place like in Awakening and Fates where the fourth conversation felt like a departure from the third and also I'm a hopeless romantic who likes cheesy, shitty love stories.

14 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Keep in mind that Deirdre was forbidden from making contact with men her entire life. Hormones did play a big part in their marriage. 

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

I know it wasn't an argument, I was just trying to be cautious and all, it is the interwebs :p.

And I do get your point about love at first sight not being much better, but there was also a lot of time between Ch. 1 and 2 in FE4, when the two got married, which is said to be about a year and a lot can happen in a year. Like you said, their first meeting and confession were most definitely influenced by hormones, however I'm sure after a year they wouldn't be together if there wasn't something there. 

But I suppose it could also be me and the fact there was no precedent to make their confession of love out of place like in Awakening and Fates where the fourth conversation felt like a departure from the third and also I'm a hopeless romantic who likes cheesy, shitty love stories.

Well, least its still a better love story than Twilight. If we ever reached that level, then its bad. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, least its still a better love story than Twilight. If we ever reached that level, then its bad. 

I'd argue the franchise met that level several times. Especially with the Tharja and Camilla archetypes.

The thing that makes the Twilight love story so bad is how ridiculously obsessed the main characters are with each other, and the not so subtle emotional abuse/manipulation that they put each other through for the sake of "Love", while still being played as a straight example of "honest romance". Which is the Robin-sexual/Corrin-sexual characters to a tee.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

I'd argue the franchise met that level several times. Especially with the Tharja and Camille archetypes.

The thing that makes the Twilight love story so bad is how ridiculously obsessed the main characters are with each other, and the not so subtle emotional abuse/manipulation that they put each other through for the sake of "Love", while still being played as a straight example of "honest romance". Which is the Robin-sexual/Corrin-sexual characters to a tee.

Not necessarily. I can't really defend the Corrin ones that well, but Robin has always shown to be the kind of guy that always tries to support others more than himself. And he always takes an effort to learn about others to understand them. With Say'ri, the exchange of culture and fascination to learn can easily form a strong bond. With Lucina, Lucina confides in Robin because he is very trustworthy by being the tactician and wants him to understand the dangers of losing the war with Grima means. And Tiki, there are multiple aspects here as well, with Robin sharing personalities similar to Marth, which Tiki can associate it easily with, but there has been said several times that Tiki senses power similar to her own in Robin, likely due to Grima having been created from Divine Dragon blood, so it would make Tiki want to associate with Robin more. 

Robin wanting to understand others and help others fits a lot with his character of being a guy that's lost his memories. He wants every piece of information he can gather, anything he can attain so he can forge his identity. 

Also, Tharja and Camilla, while showing a lot of yandere cases, they DO get over the case more or less. Tharja shows in her endings that apart from just a few, she has shown to settle in with her new family and seemingly no longer has the big obsession for Robin anymore. Camilla is able to settle with her partners, but a lot of her inability to let go of things like family is from her being very mentally unstable due to the concubine wars. So even they aren't as bad in the Twilight levels in my opinion, because they show they do get over it. 

Can't say the same for Faye.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not necessarily. I can't really defend the Corrin ones that well, but Robin has always shown to be the kind of guy that always tries to support others more than himself. And he always takes an effort to learn about others to understand them. With Say'ri, the exchange of culture and fascination to learn can easily form a strong bond. With Lucina, Lucina confides in Robin because he is very trustworthy by being the tactician and wants him to understand the dangers of losing the war with Grima means. And Tiki, there are multiple aspects here as well, with Robin sharing personalities similar to Marth, which Tiki can associate it easily with, but there has been said several times that Tiki senses power similar to her own in Robin, likely due to Grima having been created from Divine Dragon blood, so it would make Tiki want to associate with Robin more. 

Robin wanting to understand others and help others fits a lot with his character of being a guy that's lost his memories. He wants every piece of information he can gather, anything he can attain so he can forge his identity. 

Also, Tharja and Camilla, while showing a lot of yandere cases, they DO get over the case more or less. Tharja shows in her endings that apart from just a few, she has shown to settle in with her new family and seemingly no longer has the big obsession for Robin anymore. Camilla is able to settle with her partners, but a lot of her inability to let go of things like family is from her being very mentally unstable due to the concubine wars. So even they aren't as bad in the Twilight levels in my opinion, because they show they do get over it. 

Can't say the same for Faye.

What about romances with Robin/Corrin-sexuals that AREN'T Robin and Corrin? Because those supports are dripping with emotional abuse. Camilla and Tharja constantly threaten and try to control whoever they're supporting with, and they come off spiteful that their SO isn't Robin or Corrin.

I'd hardly call those better than Twilight. At least the main characters in Twilight like each other.

Plus, even with Tharja, 3 conversations of "I'm emotionally unstable and I will hurt you" with Robin to "I LOVE YOU AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU, BUT I'LL STILL KILL YOU IF YOU STRAY" isn't exactly a good romance.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

What about romances with Robin/Corrin-sexuals that AREN'T Robin and Corrin? Because those supports are dripping with emotional abuse. Camilla and Tharja constantly threaten and try to control whoever they're supporting with, and they come off spiteful that their SO isn't Robin or Corrin.

I'd hardly call those better than Twilight. At least the main characters in Twilight like each other.

Plus, even with Tharja, 3 conversations of "I'm emotionally unstable and I will hurt you" with Robin to "I LOVE YOU AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU, BUT I'LL STILL KILL YOU IF YOU STRAY" isn't exactly a good romance.

This is why I don't believe that Robin/Tharja is by any means canonical. Because if she was canon, Noire would never have been abused. Tharja clearly showed in the support that if Robin told her to do something, she'd pretty much do it, including being "normal". So if he told her to not abuse Noire and use her for experiments, Tharja would have stopped, not shift targets to Robin. But she does, which is contradictory of her character. 

I can dive deeper into this, but there's Ghast's Support Science that explains this a lot better than I do. However, it honestly would have helped had they did explain her crush on Robin a bit more, but meh. 

As for Camilla, once again, mentally unstable. Concubine wars where she has to try and assassinate her other siblings? YOu think that won't make her obsessed with trying to keep what's left of her family intact by any means necessary?

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

As for Camilla, once again, mentally unstable. Concubine wars where she has to try and assassinate her other siblings? YOu think that won't make her obsessed with trying to keep what's left of her family intact by any means necessary?

So then the reason Camilla is insane, while the other siblings(I guess barring Takumi and Birthright Xander) are totally fine? The game never goes into this. The only thing we can really take away is that Camilla is inherently mentally unstable, and the events of Fates made her worse.

Plus, nobody comments on Camilla "changing" or anything, and she acts the same whether it's Conquest, where she doesn't have to kill her siblings, or Birthright, where she would be more likely to kill a sibling.

So I don't think "Well, the events of the games fuck her up". I think Camilla is already plenty fucked up.

We're getting off-topic again. This isn't a debate thread, either.

More back to the topic of the thread:

I really enjoy Boyd, he's probably got my favorite personality of any of the Fighters in the series. He's not the smartest guy around, but he's a total muscle-head, and he's a nice foil to Ike in the beginning bits of PoR. Both Ike and Boyd are nice guys through and through, but Boyd's a bit more open(Though sometimes this doesn't always work in his favor) and considerate, while Ike is more blunt, terse and can come off as rude. Both want to get along with the Laguz, and Ike initially struggles about what to say, letting some offensive things slip, while Boyd gets along with people like Mordecai immediately. His relationship with his brothers also adds a lot, and it makes sense why he can come off like another big brother to Mist. His maturation in RD is also pretty satisfying to say.

Also him trying to vocalize his feelings to Titania is funny.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

So then the reason Camilla is insane, while the other siblings(I guess barring Takumi and Birthright Xander) are totally fine? The game never goes into this. The only thing we can really take away is that Camilla is inherently mentally unstable, and the events of Fates made her worse.

Plus, nobody comments on Camilla "changing" or anything, and she acts the same whether it's Conquest, where she doesn't have to kill her siblings, or Birthright, where she would be more likely to kill a sibling.

So I don't think "Well, the events of the games fuck her up". I think Camilla is already plenty fucked up.

We're getting off-topic again. This isn't a debate thread, either.

That's one of the issues with Fates. The Concubine Wars clearly has a lot of story behind it, but we never get it. However, its clearly that it affected everyone differently. Camilla clearly shows to have been affected in a completely different way. Given how she is the second oldest among the siblings, she went through the trials a lot longer than Leo did. Xander isn't necessarily insane either, but his story and support versions contrast heavily. Elise was too young, so she wasn't affected. 

Well, I can't say that Camilla "changes", because she really can't. You can't cure mental illness in just 4 conversations, which is actually very good in regards to this. They didn't make Camilla into getting over her past. You'd need someone like Libra to really spend a long time giving her therapy to truly help her. And in Birthright, her being okay with killing Corrin is because Corrin leaving has affected her mind because it threatens the delicate balance in her world. 

Of course, once again, I direct you to Ghast's Support Science that goes into this as well. Gotta love the guy for giving us a nice new outlook on characters that are at first thought of as purely one dimensional. 

41 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

This is why I don't believe that Robin/Tharja is by any means canonical. Because if she was canon, Noire would never have been abused. Tharja clearly showed in the support that if Robin told her to do something, she'd pretty much do it, including being "normal". So if he told her to not abuse Noire and use her for experiments, Tharja would have stopped, not shift targets to Robin. But she does, which is contradictory of her character. 

Of course its not canonical. No one in Awakening has a canonical pairing. The closest we have is Chrom and Sumia which is heavily implied.