Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, why is there an all girl banner and a second version of Eirika?

I'm glad the Rachel is finally in the game now.  I'll be pulling for her for sure.

. . .someone needs to tell me why Eir reclassed into Something Impossible.

The unit I like the most is L'Arachel, which is rather ironic, because I like her the least of the three in Sacred Stones.

This banner has just left me very confused. Why no male characters? Why does Myrrh have a legendary weapon? Why are we getting a second Eirika? Why is second Eirika a horse mage? Why is she using Gleipnir?

I am happy to have Myrrh and L'Arachel in the game though, and I'm happy that the way I tend to pronounce L'Arachel is correct. Not sure if I'm willing to dump all my orbs for them, but I'll give the banner a shot at least. It's Sacred Stones, after all. Can't go wrong with Sacred Stones.

I don't care what anyone says, the time to whale has come!!! 

Although I guess I'm going to vote for Celica in CYL2 now....I want Eirika Emblem but after this the next one is going to be Bride Eirika for sure and that can wait for the good of my sanity.

@eclipse It appears to me we have two topics for the same new banner. Will you close one?

To save on effort, I'm just going to copy paste my thoughts from the General Discussion Topic:

an alternate Erika who uses red tones on a horse. I can understand the first two, but not Erika.

Is this how they improve her? Or is this how they fit popular characters already in the game into banners where characters not in the game at all are supposed to appear? So it wouldn't surprise me if, when we got the Bors and Barret Banner, a Lance Lilina got tossed in as well. Nobody would pull for Bors and negative nobody would pull for Barret, but 65% of fans will pull for a new Lilina. Clever-ish. 

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

At any rate, stuff like RD Ike or even dragon Roy look more possible now.

I'd accept only if they included a message saying "THIS CANONIZES NOTHING!" Lyn I swear is the better choice for Eliwoooooooooooooood! Or just give me a Mani Katti Roy too and I'd call it even.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, appearently if you check the news, Marisa is a free unit from the upcoming TT. Interesting.

So 4 girls!?! After our first male slanted banner, they castrate the next?

I'm very confused by this banner

Also, I'm going to see if second Eirika wants to join me, but I don't think introducing an alternate Eirika was a good choice for this banner. At the very least, alternate forms of characters already released in the game should probably have their own Brave Hero-style banner. Is this basically making up for not giving Sieglinde a refinery?

Thracia when

EDIT: Since we already got a Brave-style Eirika alt in the game, I'm wondering if this means I should just change my planned vote for her to someone else now in the CYL poll.

Edited by Sunwoo

Once more to save on effort, copypasting my comments from the General Discussion:

an alternate Erika who uses red tones on a horse. I can understand the first two, but not Erika.

Is this how they improve her? Or is this how they fit popular characters already in the game into banners where characters not in the game at all are supposed to appear? So it wouldn't surprise me if, when we got the Bors and Barret Banner, a Lance Lilina got tossed in as well. Nobody would pull for Bors and negative nobody would pull for Barret, but 65% of fans will pull for a new Lilina. Clever-ish. 

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

At any rate, stuff like RD Ike or even dragon Roy look more possible now.

I'd accept only if they included a message saying "THIS CANONIZES NOTHING!" Lyn I swear is the better choice for Eliwoooooooooooooood! Or just give me a Mani Katti Roy too and I'd call it even.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, appearently if you check the news, Marisa is a free unit from the upcoming TT. Interesting.

So 4 girls!?! After our first male slanted banner, they castrate the next?

Finally, L'Arachel's name is pronounced!

ALSO FLYING MYRRH.

But I do wonder what's up with Eirika getting a different version of herself similar to a Brave unit without...well, the vote stuff. Won't this sorta devalue the CYL vote?

I might be lukewarm in terms of character, but from a strictly utilitarian point of view, Myrrh and Eirika are both gamechangers, filling important niches. I now regret every orb I've spent so far this year, especially those on the RD banner (which offered nothing new in terms of roles).

The Rachel I'm not fussed about, as the Reinhardt and the Ursula exist.