Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Actually, she already knew he was dabbling in Dark Magic and eelven that he was experimenting with the Dark Stone.

Wasn't she totally against it though?  Didn't she warn him against it?  Why would she be learning from him?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Bleh. IS continues to show that they don't make good character choices, imo. Myrrh is fine, and L'Arachel is at least someone new too, but another Eirika? Seriously? Who even wants that? Not to mention that her brother is more popular.

Look, I know you don't like Eirika and even I'm baffled by second Eirika although I like her. But a non-insignificant number of people are happy enough to get a second Eirika. Even if Ephraim is more popular, it's not like Eirika is unpopular.

You're allowed to be disappointed, mind you, or even dislike the options. But saying things like "who even wants that" is just fallacious because there will always be somebody who wanted that.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

So the whole idea of getting bonuses at 100% and then taking a small amount of damage was a one time only (eg Ylissean Summer)?

Ivaldi's and Gleipnir's effects are the same as Regal Blade's (with +3 instead of +2).

I assume this means Regal Blade will also get +3 as the default effect when it gets a refinement implemented.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Can we get a poll on whether we correctly pronounced Myrrh and L'Arachel? I'm a Nope, and a Yes, respectively. My pronunciation of Myrrh was like the world "mirror"

"Myrrh" the common noun is pronounced exactly as she pronounced it.

Larchel's name will always be "Larchel" to me.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ivaldi's and Gleipnir's effects are the same as Regal Blade's (with +3 instead of +2).

I assume this means Regal Blade will also get +3 as the default effect when it gets a refinement implemented.

Hopefully more than that.  It would be kinda unfair if it didn't get something else since L'arachel gets +3 to a stat.  I know Eirika is more important and maybe her prf should be better than Lloyd, but not L'arachel.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Look, I know you don't like Eirika and even I'm baffled by second Eirika although I like her. But a non-insignificant number of people are happy enough to get a second Eirika. Even if Ephraim is more popular, it's not like Eirika is unpopular.

You're allowed to be disappointed, mind you, or even dislike the options. But saying things like "who even wants that" is just fallacious because there will always be somebody who wanted that.

Except I saw a lot of people asking for Cormag, Marisa, L'Arachel, Myrrh, etc. Not another Eirika. So it doesn't seem like anyone wanted this.

Also, what's wrong with wanting more new characters and less duplicate ones?

Also, why does L'Arachel get to be a mage and Lucius didn't? When L'Arachel actually starts as a healer and Lucius doesn't? I don't understand IS at all anymore.

Just now, Lushen said:

Hopefully more than that.  It would be kinda unfair if it didn't get something else since L'arachel gets +3 to a stat.  I know Eirika is more important and maybe her prf should be better than Lloyd, but not L'arachel.

Default effect. Like how Siegmund got Hone Atk 2 upgraded to Hone Atk 3 on all refines.

Part of me wonders whether this Eirika was actually already designed much earlier, perhaps as a plan to release more heroes based on CYL1 results before they had the idea to do CYL2 instead. If so, they might drip feed a few more popular units from CYL1 into banners over the next few months.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Except I saw a lot of people asking for Cormag, Marisa, L'Arachel, Myrrh, etc. Not another Eirika. So it doesn't seem like anyone wanted this.

Also, why does L'Arachel get to be a mage and Lucius didn't? When L'Arachel actually starts as a healer and Lucius doesn't? I don't understand IS at all anymore.

Never say anyone. I, for one, am extremely happy of getting a new Eirika. I've been praying for a duplicate Eirika since the Bridal Banner and I finally got the chance of having her!

As Odin would say: So Excited!

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Never say anyone. I, for one, am extremely happy of getting a new Eirika. I've been praying for a duplicate Eirika since the Bridal Banner and I finally got the chance of having her!

As Odin would say: So Excited!

Same here I love Eirika!!!

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Actually, she already knew he was dabbling in Dark Magic and eelven that he was experimenting with the Dark Stone.

Found it! Chapter 17 flashback:

Ephraim:
“How do you intend to use the Sacred Stone, Lyon? Do you really think you can tap into its power?”

Lyon:
“Mm… My research isn’t complete yet, but there’s no mistaking the power the Sacred Stones contain. And the Stone of Grado seems especially responsive to my dark magic. I suppose it’s because it contains both sacred and demonic properties. Regardless, if I can just press my studies a little harder… Well, I think I might be able to use it to heal my father’s illness. If that works, there’s no telling how many other people I can help as well.”

Eirika:
“Do you think this is wise? The power contained within the stones is beyond our understanding… My father tells me that the stones possess a power not to be trifled with.”

Lyon:
“Uh-huh… Father MacGregor is also against it. That’s why they still won’t give me direct access to the Stone of Grado. For the time being, I’ve made do with the radiant energies surrounding it. They’re nothing compared to the raw power of the stone itself, but… If I can show Father MacGregor some real progress, perhaps one day…”

Ephraim:
“Using the Sacred Stones to study magic…”

Lyon:
“Ephraim, Eirika, what do you two think? Using the divine power of the Sacred Stones in this way… You don’t think it’s a very good idea, do you?”

Ephraim:
“…It’s just that I know nothing at all of magic. I would that there were some way I could help you, but I simply can’t. But, Lyon, I’ve seen how hard you’ve worked to help others. I know how much you want the power to make others happy. I know these things, and because I know you, I trust your intentions.”

Lyon:
“Ephraim…”

Ephraim:
“If you hope to use the power of the Sacred Stone for good, I trust you can. I’m behind you all the way.”

Eirika:
“I agree with Ephraim entirely. You spend every night in the library, studying cures for your father’s illness. The power of the Sacred Stones is too powerful to be used for personal gain. But you, Lyon… I think you’ll be fine. You’re the kindest person I know.”

Lyon:
“Thanks, both of you. Hearing those words from you means a lot to me. Actually–and this hasn’t been made public yet–but… I’ve already saved someone using the knowledge I’ve gleaned so far.”

Ephraim:
“You have?”

Lyon:
“Uh-huh… A while back, a fire ravaged Serafew, and a little girl got trapped in the flames. Her burns were terrible:”
not even healing staves were able to cure her injuries. But just a sliver of the stone’s power restored her life and healed her wounds. We saved that girl’s life, Ephraim! Oh, if you could have seen the tears of joy in her mother’s eyes!

Ephraim:
“You really did it, huh? You are special, Lyon. Congratulations!”

Lyon:
“Well… thanks. But there’s still so much more to be done. I am happy, though. To be honest, I just want to be able to help people. I want to put the ancient magics to use for the common good… That’s how I feel.”

Eirika:
“Lyon…”

Lyon:
“And as my research moves forward, I’ll be able to do much more, too. We have only the barest understanding of how dark magic operates. Maybe we can use it not only to heal wounds, but also to stop diseases… What if we can read the future, predict disasters, move mountains!?”

Eirika:
“Hold on, Lyon. You can’t take too much on yourself all at once. What good is helping people if you sacrifice yourself to do it?”

Lyon:
“Oh… Yes, of course. Sorry. I got carried away.”

Ephraim:
“You have a soft heart, Lyon. I bet you haven’t taken any real time off at all. So this is what we’re going to do. Today, we’re going into the city. And you’re going with us, Lyon.”

EDIT: Trimmed off some irrelevant stuff at the end.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

A few more things:

I really don't like how Myrrh's transformed battle sprite looks here. It's pretty much the same as her Sacred Stones battle sprite, which worked in Sacred Stones because her weapon animation came out lower where her mouth is. In Heroes, because breath animations are higher up, the way she raises her head just looks so awkward. I'm expecting the flames to arc just a bit due to the angle her head is at.

Eirika's horse is the wrong color.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more new characters and less duplicates! I feel the same way! But making blanket statements like "no one want this" is always going to just backfire and lead people to think you're whining with no basis. Also, the reason people weren't asking for another Eirika is ... because we had no reason to believe the developers would set this kind of precedent! I don't ask for characters already in the game because I don't expect them. I ask for characters I expect. There are probably people who didn't ask for a second Eirika who are still happy she got in.

L'Arachel probably gets to be a mage because she's the princess of Rausten and the best choice for Ivaldi. Lucius probably got cheated out of being a mage because of no light mage before Micaiah. It's not fair at all, but game limitations always suck. The earliest characters to be added get the short end of the stick.

I mean, I'm not really happy about the precedents this banner has imposed. But there are better ways of getting your point across.

Myrrh is everything I'd hoped for. Definitely pulling for her, going to see if I can resist the others.

I hoped L'arachel would have a cool legendary staff, but I'm plenty glad she's in at all, and more mage cavalry is always cool.

Eirika is quite a surprise. I'm glad she's getting a more interesting incarnation, especially a mounted one, and finally another red tome cav is great. But this feels so weird on a regular banner. ...She's going to have great offensive stats, isn't she.

I didn't think we'd get another all-5* banner this soon. I did think all female was a possibility, but I thought putting Marisa on the TT banner would be a way for them to avoid that. Guess not.

Why is there a new Erika and why does she use dark magic?  The only unit from this I want from this banner is Myrrh and I am mad that there are no guys on this banner.  IS there are woman that play FE and have guys they like and would whale for them, I wanted Cormag or Gerik so much but no all girls and one whose weapon makes zero sense for them.  I like Erika and am happy for her fans, but I don't understand the weapon choice and I feel that a guy should have been on the banner in her place.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Myrrh is everything I'd hoped for. Definitely pulling for her, going to see if I can resist the others.

I hoped L'arachel would have a cool legendary staff, but I'm plenty glad she's in at all, and more mage cavalry is always cool.

Eirika is quite a surprise. I'm glad she's getting a more interesting incarnation, especially a mounted one, and finally another red tome cav is great. But this feels so weird on a regular banner. ...She's going to have great offensive stats, isn't she.

I didn't think we'd get another all-5* banner this soon. I did think all female was a possibility, but I thought putting Marisa on the TT banner would be a way for them to avoid that. Guess not.

Completely off-topic but for the longest time I thought your avatar had a weird long Pinocchio-like nose. Turns out that's just her finger. Oops.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just like how no one asked for a dancer banner but people were happy with it. :P

Also, I've seen plenty of folks happy for Eirika alongside the confused. That's "who even wants that". At the very least, it gives more reason for your beloved RD Ike to be a thing. :P

Edited by NoirCore