Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

lol, Ephraim wielding Garm. They would further break my heart by having him reference his teacher, Duessel in his castle quotes.

oh...oh I'm starting to think we won't see Duessel in this game. They wouldn't avoid putting Sean Connery in...would they?

Ephraim will come with Garm and Duessel will come later with a beatstick that deals effective damage to all heroes named "Ephraim". @Lord-Zero

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Thinking about it, I wonder if they will do an all-male banner, with a “Brave” Ephraim wielding Garm. Perhaps they will do two Sacred Stones TT, like with Echoes.

I don't think they'll do all-male anytime soon, but axe cav Ephraim with Garm would sure be cool. We do still need more green cavs.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

She's been struggling a bit lately with the inclusion of things like the hone spd seal which reduce her buffing niche and her atk isn't that high. She's still an excellent support unit with good mixed bulk to stand against two or three rounds of combat but with the amounts of high damage characters like Ayra/Mia/Siegbert/etc. who can also buff stats as they're not that dependent on seals she needs a little buff.

Then she should've just gotten weapon refines like Ephraim did. Why not that?

Also, I just realized I didn't actually send that Eirika home, I used her for Hone Spd fodder. But I still got rid of her, so...

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You know what - you do you.  If having another Eir makes you happy, go for it!

Thank you very much! YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It prevents a follow-up attack, not a counterattack.

Thank you for the correction!

Edited by DefyingFates

I don't know where you're getting the idea for Garm Ephraim. This is IS. Obviously it's staff Ephraim they're going for

Edited by silveraura25

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@AnacybeleAgain, I find that an irrelevant technicality. It's more worthy to exist in the game because it actually happened? How is this still not counting as you asking for another Ike? In fact, if it weren't for this banner, I'd say RD Ike only deserved to be a TT reward in the same vein as Masked Marth. Mage Eirika gives RD Ike a chance at a banner with his own stats and skills.

Well, I don't know what else to tell you then, other than that I felt RD Ike already had a chance since Ike is super popular.

I just realized that “anamnesis” means “remembrance”. This banner’s name is “Sacred Memories”...hmmm, maybe this is a post-game Eirika that learned Dark Magic in honor of Lyon’s memory? I mean, Lyon was the one who fucked up in first place and it’s kinda his fault that a lot innocent people died, but I can see Eirika doing that.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

I don't know where you're getting the idea for Garm Ephraim. This is IS. Obviously it's staff Ephraim they're going for

Eirika and Ephraim raided Grado's Sacred Twin vault and made off with Gleipnir and Garm, but Ephraim accidentally broke Garm's head off and it's now a staff.

There.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think they'll do all-male anytime soon, but axe cav Ephraim with Garm would sure be cool. We do still need more green cavs.

I definitely agree on needing more green cavs. Just realized while browsing through my Heroes how many lance and sword cavs outnumber them.

I'd honestly love a male only banner to switch things up, maybe the Valentines seasonal banner or a groom one in June. Probably never going to happen but it would be fun.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So you'd rather have more Eirikas than let other characters from SS get in the game? Wow. That's kind of selfish, you know. I'm not trying to offend you, but even I'm not asking for more Ikes or Fredericks (except in cases like CYL and seasonal, and even then, Frederick already got a seasonal, so I'm not going to ask for another one of those for him), because I know there are other characters from their games who have yet to even be in Heroes in any form.

Lmao, I love Eirika and completely agree with you. What IS done was complete bullshit and if Eirika misses getting a Brave because people stopped voting for her due to having a second iteration (which is incredibly likely as that's what I am now doing), it's beyond stupid. There are so many characters that deserve to be in the game from Sacred Stones.

I'm glad for Eirika fans who are happy, but if this happened for characters they didn't like (ie. a second Chrom to make up for his mediocre Heroes iteration), they'd either be upset, annoyed or not care. If a second Chrom takes someone like Sumia or Vaike's position in a future Shepherd banner, I'd be beyond pissed. The worst part is, this precedent it sets is just horrible.

The only characters that should get second random iterations are the ones that got shafted (Caeda, Lucius, Lachesis).  

Mhyyr is the only unit I am definitely interested in, Dragon who is also a filer and green? Yes please.
L'aracheal is meh just cause Reinhardt exists therefore any other Blue-tome-cav is meh 
Erika I am torn on, I hate what she represents (The start of using random alternate versions) and I am meh on horses but she is a red mage which i need more of.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then she should've just gotten weapon refines like Ephraim did. Why not that?

Also, I just realized I didn't actually send that Eirika home, I used her for Hone Spd fodder. But I still got rid of her, so...

I don't work for IS so it's not like I have a say or explanation of why Eirika got an alternate version instead of a refinement option. I just know that I'm glad she got this because even with the rallying going in the CYL stuff there was no guarantee that she was ever going to get a Brave version and since this is the closest thing to it I'm both happy and relieved that I don't have to worry about that anymore. 

Now that make me salty, I've searching for Eirikas to merge up to +10 for ages now and I've only got to +6

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eirika and Ephraim raided Grado's Sacred Twin vault and made off with Gleipnir and Garm, but Ephraim accidentally broke Garm's head off and it's now a staff.

There.

And Duessel can still be added as a mounted dagger unit, using the head as a throwing weapon, brilliant!

I mean it could've been worse. There are people out there that want Gheb and it's Souta Ippei who'll most likely design him (he's a very good artist but seems to be the go to guy for meme characters). I'm not that stoked, but we avoided the worst case scenario.

43 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

The wording surrounding how Marisa will be obtained seems a bit dubious like they're going to repeat the ayra situation with either old units or by introducing tethys and gerik for the sake of theming

Tis a shame that doesn't seem to be the case as that banner would be fantastic.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Duessel has the facial hair we need more of in this game.

Duessel, Tauroneo, Athos, Papa Hector banner when?

Anyway, on topic, as great as the art is--especially love Myrrh and L'Arachel; Eirika is pretty similar to her initial (not that that art's bad, just not really standout)--and while all three seem like they'll be good units, I'm going to hold off aside from my free pull and maybe filling out the rest of the summon if the orbs seem promising and I'm feeling enthusiastic. I'd really be happy to get any of them, but I Myrrh is the only one I'd consider actively pulling for. She's just so cute.

Lastly, here's to hoping Marisa's art is as fantastic and that she's at least as good as Josh was. Excited for her to be the TT reward :3

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I just realized that “anamnesis” means “remembrance”. This banner’s name is “Sacred Memories”...hmmm, maybe this is a post-game Eirika that learned Dark Magic in honor of Lyon’s memory? I mean, Lyon was the one who fucked up in first place and it’s kinda his fault that a lot innocent people died, but I can see Eirika doing that.

In Japanese, Eirika's title is 追憶の優女王, "Kind Queen of Reminiscence", and the banner's name is 聖魔の追憶, "Sacred Reminiscence". Using the same "Sacred" as "The Sacred Stones" and the same "Reminiscence" as Eirika's title.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Inb4 FE that's FE Switch's title and main lord.

I'd be ok with it.

4 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Lmao, I love Eirika and completely agree with you. What IS done was complete bullshit and if Eirika misses getting a Brave because people stopped voting for her due to having a second iteration (which is incredibly likely as that's what I am now doing), it's beyond stupid. There are so many characters that deserve to be in the game from Sacred Stones.

I'm glad for Eirika fans who are happy, but if this happened for characters they didn't like (ie. a second Chrom to make up for his mediocre Heroes iteration), they'd either be upset, annoyed or not care. If a second Chrom takes someone like Sumia or Vaike's position in a future Shepherd banner, I'd be beyond pissed. The worst part is, this precedent it sets is just horrible.

The only characters that should get second random iterations are the ones that got shafted (Caeda, Lucius, Lachesis).  

Yeah, exactly. I feel like Eirika stole a spot from Cormag or Kyle here. Or Franz. Or a lot of other SS characters.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I don't work for IS so it's not like I have a say or explanation of why Eirika got an alternate version instead of a refinement option. I just know that I'm glad she got this because even with the rallying going in the CYL stuff there was no guarantee that she was ever going to get a Brave version and since this is the closest thing to it I'm both happy and relieved that I don't have to worry about that anymore. 

Now that make me salty, I've searching for Eirikas to merge up to +10 for ages now and I've only got to +6

Well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I don't know what else to tell you then, other than that I felt RD Ike already had a chance since Ike is super popular.

Well, younger Ike is super popular. But we may get a RD banner with RD Ike as the "different" unit and two or three (one of them being a TT reward if not a bad guy for a GHB) other Greil Mercs like Boyd, Shinon, or Rolf.

Wow, all the characters I wanted (Marisa, L’arachel, and Myrrh) got in, with 

Myrrh looks fun to use, and finally we have our Hone Dragons.

L’arachel looks real good, but her skills are disappointing. 

Eirika came out of nowhere, but I’m not disappointed with her appearance. Eirika is one of my favorite females in the series and I’m just glad there’s a red tome mage worth using. Sorry Leo, you’re now guaranteed to be on the bench indefinitely.

Initially I was confused and horrified that Marisa was nowhere to be seen, but it looks like she’s a TT reward. Fine by me.

Definitely going to pull here. I’m quite happy with what we got.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, Eirika's title is 追憶の優女王, "Kind Queen of Reminiscence", and the banner's name is 聖魔の追憶, "Sacred Reminiscence".

Interesting. Maybe it’s a reference to Sacred Stones having a lot of flashbacks involving Lyon. 

Joking aside, I’m almost sure that Mage Eirika is going to be the boss of the TT considering the japanese name.