Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Not necessarily though. Joshua makes excellent manakete bait due to his high Res. 3CD glacies helps punch through the dragons' high defense.

It's useful to have to be certain, but they're similar enough in other ways that I don't think she's that far behind Joshua. Certainly not as bad as some people have made her out to be, though for some anything that isn't meta defining is awful

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally, I don't mind Heroes correcting gender imbalance in older games.

I'd be more optimistic about this if it weren't for the fact that you and I both know why they're doing it isn't for some noble or pure-hearted ideal. They're 'correcting gender imbalance' because they want to sell sexy women to men who are willing to pay for them.

Do you think it's primarily women who want to see the normal, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Valentine's Day, New Years, and Bulgarian Unification Day versions of Tharja and Camilla? Some do, I'm sure, but I can say with near-absolute certainty that the primary reason for the popularity of these characters is not those who rally behind them for their ability to champion women's sexual freedom.

Do you know what might actually benefit equality, though, as paradoxical as it might sound? Adding more males. There is a dire, dire lack of cute or attractive males in the game, and the damaged artwork is never as saucy as what female characters get. But you really shouldn't underestimate the market for this sort of thing: there are a lot of women (and indeed men) who would love to see men be given even a quarter as much attention as women are. The scraps they get every few months -- Summer Frederick, Inigo, Arvis, Sothe -- are absolutely nothing compared to what the opposite persuasion gets. Were that to change, banners would become a lot more interesting, and I suspect the fanbase might become a bit more interesting as well.

6 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I'd be more optimistic about this if it weren't for the fact that you and I both know why they're doing it isn't for some noble or pure-hearted ideal. They're 'correcting gender imbalance' because they want to sell sexy women to men who are willing to pay for them.

Do you think it's primarily women who want to see the normal, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Valentine's Day, New Years, and Bulgarian Unification Day versions of Tharja and Camilla? Some do, I'm sure, but I can say with near-absolute certainty that the primary reason for the popularity of these characters is not those who rally behind them for their ability to champion women's sexual freedom.

Do you know what might actually benefit equality, though, as paradoxical as it might sound? Adding more males. There is a dire, dire lack of cute or attractive males in the game, and the damaged artwork is never as saucy as what female characters get. But you really shouldn't underestimate the market for this sort of thing: there are a lot of women (and indeed men) who would love to see men be given even a quarter as much attention as women are. The scraps they get every few months -- Summer Frederick, Inigo, Arvis, Sothe -- are absolutely nothing compared to what the opposite persuasion gets. Were that to change, banners would become a lot more interesting, and I suspect the fanbase might become a bit more interesting as well.

I hope that the White Day banner comes so that there are more fan service characters for females. And a lot more after that.

19 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Indeed. All I'm saying is that the numbers themselves aren't the issue, just what they do with them.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Oops, posted in General when I thought I was here.

Skills:

Reveal hidden contents

1fdalizkm5c01.jpg

Marisa makes a bit more sense now.

A moment of silence for all the Marisas that will be foddered off for infantry pulse

44 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I doubt the fanbase part. The FEH fanbase has become extremely salty (seems they didn't get the memo that gachas are a salt mine and you should expect the company to do anything to try to make you whale at every turn. When people start complaining about FREE units you know there's no turning back) and no amount of great male characters with stunning art and VA is going to change that. There's always going to be someone complaining about powercreep/not powercreep/why x instead of y/why do they get x unique skill/etc.

That aside I'd also like to see some males too. Having Pent, Canas, Lewyn, Ced, Leif, Nasir, Kurthnaga, and many others in Heroes would be awesome!

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Oops, posted in General when I thought I was here.

Skills:

Reveal hidden contents

1fdalizkm5c01.jpg

Marisa makes a bit more sense now.

The image is deleted. What was your source?

Lyon is kinda inferior to Sophia in that he can't be merged to +10. He has higher BST but it is mostly in Spd which is completely useless to that build.

L'Arachel has a bit less Def than I would have liked. Her BST is higher than the other Blue tome cavs but it isn't the usual 5-7 points higher. It is only like 2-3 point higher. I'm interested to see if she has any super boon/banes.

Eirika is just a typical higher Atk/Spd lower Def/Res offensive unit. Nothing too special

Myrrh makes me happy. She is going to eat everything. +Def/ -Spd with Quick Riposte is going to cause so many problems for people. Falchion users are going to be making a come-back and I would not be surprised to see Falchion get an upgrade with the next batch of weapons.

Marissa is basically Joshua just a tiny bit worse. She will be amazing for the TTs though. I absolutely LOVE her art. Kinda wish she had Shamshir with -2 cooldown or the same effect as the upgraded Hautecleure.

Edited by Hawk King

20 minutes ago, Clogon said:

This was a good first set of summons! The best I ever had!

*snip*

Pardon me, but since I haven't seen any concrete info on it yet... can you check to see if your Sothe gets LaD3 at 4-star? Or is it still LaD2 only, like Hana?

Got Eirika and Myrrh with just about half my 230 orb stockpile! Got additional Hinata and Tharja, too, which is nice because I need plenty of both for fodder. So I'm very happy with how this went.

Was not expecting Sothe to drop, that's also a welcome surprise. I guess L'arachel will probably drop as well, then?

Edited by Othin

It bothers me more than it should how little Marisa uses her left hand. She uses it in her special-trigger art sure, but her attack art, damaged art, and sprite (taking into account that the one we're seeing in Chpt 4 is flipped for the enemy side) all use her right hand. I know she's ambidextrous and all, but she specifically states her left hand is stronger, and her left arm is dominant, so why is she using her right hand so much? They even had a set of left-handed sword fighter animations already made for Alm, why not just reuse them for Marisa?

Kinda makes me worried that if Gilliam were ever to find his way into the game, they'd completely ignore his left-handedness too and just give him the standard lance knight animations.

Finally Myrrh has come home! Got L'Arachel pretty early too.

Myrrh's bases are 16HP - 8 Atk - 5 Spd - 3 Def - 7 Res.   Looks like -Def to me.

L'Arachel has 17HP - 9 Atk - 7 Spd - 4 Def - 6 Res.

Anyone else have anything to compare to find out what the natures might be?

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Myrrh's bases are 16HP - 8 Atk - 5 Spd - 3 Def - 7 Res.   Looks like -Def to me.

Myrrh: 16 HP, 7 Atk, 6 Spd, 2 Def, 8 Res.

If I had to guess right now, I’d go with +Atk/-Res for yours and +Spd/-Def for mine.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Here's the stats, according to Reddit:

Spoiler

20ss5d6o85c01.jpg

Looks like your Myrrh is +Atk/-Spd, and L'Arachel is +HP/-Res.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Myrrh: 16 HP, 7 Atk, 6 Spd, 2 Def, 8 Res.

If I had to guess right now, I’d go with +Atk/-Res for yours and +Spd/-Def for mine.

+Res/-Def for you

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Here's the stats, according to Reddit:

Hide contents

20ss5d6o85c01.jpg

Looks like your Myrrh is +Atk/-Spd, and L'Arachel is +HP/-Res.

Thank you! Nice, I got the 2nd best nature for her.

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

My guessing powers are clearly lacking =P .

Heh, you were halfway there at least. But hey, I think +Res is probably better for her than +Spd, so I wouldn't be too disappointed ;)

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Thank you! Nice, I got the 2nd best nature for her.

No problem! You definitely got a really good one, so I'm glad I could provide good news for you, haha.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh, you were halfway there at least. But hey, I think +Res is probably better for her than +Spd, so I wouldn't be too disappointed ;)

Yeah, I’m definitely fine with that. I wonder how much she even cares about her Spd, what with Great Flame. I guess I’ll run matchups tomorrow.