Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

I spent about 90 orbs sniping green and red.

Shortly into it I got Y!Tiki (Def+/HP-)

Immediately after that I got a second Eldigan (Spd+/Res-)

It took me about 70 orbs to roll Gleirika, but she's Spd+/Def-, so I guess it's fine.

I also got some fodder, like Odin, Shanna, and three (3) Sorens.

I'm trying to build up the willpower to start hoarding orbs again, but I really want Myrrh.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm saving up orbs for new announcements before committing (currently @250 F2P orbs though I may whale some if anniversary stuff proves exciting. Nonetheless I decided to go in the SS banner. My pref order was: Myrrh (flying + green + dragon = three very good things I want) > Eirika (I lack Leo so red horsemage helps me open up a lot more Horse emblem builds for AA) > L'Arachel (she has very little to offer to my roster as between Olwen, Ursula and Reinhardt another blue horsemage would be redundant, as I wouldn't have enough horse coverage to support her, I only want her because I like her as a character).

First summon, 1 green 4 reds. I excitedly pull for green with the freebie but as usual Bartre appears. I pull for a red... and it's Eirika!! I was super-excited...... right before finding out she's -Atk +Res. If she'd been a good IVd one I'd have stopped right there and focused future pulls on green and blue, but I had to try and fish for something better... unfortunately a Fir, a Stahl and another swordie I don't remember joined their multitude of copies in the back of the barracks.

Oh well. I think even this Eirika, I can make work somewhat by turning her into a red- and green-tome baiter and killer (w/ Red Tomebreaker). For her unfortunate bane, I can only hope Horse Emblem shenanigans will cover her up.

If nothing else, I should have a 40% unit for the TT without dedicating more than 15 orbs for it, which I'm grateful for.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on her stats, I'd put either [+Def, -Spd] or [+Atk, -Spd] as ideal for Myrrh, [...]

Oh, that's great. It seems my luck with melee flier natures returned, since 70 orbs gave me a +ATK/-SPD Myrrh (@Poimagic) . (I don't know if Myrrh is technically melee, otherwise I should say tome-less fliers).

Now I'll wait for the legendary banner and the special heroes banner before to put other orbs in this one for a mounted mage. 

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Technically speaking, she is because she can only initiate combat from 1 range.

Oh good, learned something again today. I always assumed it had to be something physical in addition to the close-range condition. 

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I saw someone point this out in the CYL topic.

"There are 8 Heroes that appear on the homepage of the new CYL site that aren't in the game yet:

Aversa, Inigo, Owain, Leif, Nanna, Myrrh, Marisa, and Valbar.

I think IS is dropping hints as to who will be appearing next in the game, Aversa as a GHB alongside an Awakening children banner with Owain and Inigo, Marisa and Myrrh on the upcoming new heroes banner, and Leif and Nanna as a FE5 banner. The only hero that doesn't really fit in is Valbar, but maybe we will get more Echoes heroes or he will be a one off TT reward? Just pure speculation here."

Marisa and Myrrh are in now, so they might truly be foreshadowing the others, and perhaps their coming unseen comrades too. How else would Valbar get in? Unless we're getting a mixed game possibly Farfetched 2 banner, or just another SoV TT without anything around it that is SoV.

Leif and Nanna will give us the bare minimum of lord and his beloved. Nanna by the way someone said would be the first new PC Staff unit since June if counting Seasonals, April if not, assuming she doesn't run the Runesword. I'd guess the new Breath targeting of the lesser durability stat would be used for the Light Brand if Leif got that over the Bragi Sword.

The third slot- well Finn would be ideal. However, Tailtiu and Oscar mean we could get someone random, like Sara. Or we could be getting Master Axe Reinhardt thanks to the recent Eirika addition for all we know. Said alternative Reinhardt could be saved for a GHB though- what is stopping them? He was a pure antagonist in T776, and his competition isn't great- Saias is the only likable alternative (Raydrik and Birdo are hardly cool characters). Given the love for myrmidon girls, Mareeta might sneak in, she will be used up much sooner than later; heck Machyua might get in before Galzus, a more worthy Sword (or Axe for either him or Machyua- since both are Heroes) infantry unit.

With the exception of Valbar, all those characters were in the banner last year. I wouldn't look too deeply into it. 

Got L'Arachel on my free pull, and walked out.  Ironically, I spent more orbs trying to get her fodder than actually getting her!  Not that I mind, since she's the only character I wanted!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, that's great. It seems my luck with melee flier natures returned, since 70 orbs gave me a +ATK/-SPD Myrrh (@Poimagic) . (I don't know if Myrrh is technically melee, otherwise I should say tome-less fliers).

Now I'll wait for the legendary banner and the special heroes banner before to put other orbs in this one for a mounted mage. 

Awesome. Hopefully I can get Myrrh soon. TT orbs will help a lot though. It doesn’t help that after using 57 orbs, there was only one green orbs. And it was a Arthur

Marisa is the unit I really wanted, and she's a TT reward (which is really, really great because I didn't want to whale)... so while I like L'Arachel and Myrrh a lot, I'm going to wait and see what will be on this Legendary Hero banner.

Edited by Wanda

7 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ah, thank you very much! I had seen people say that that was the case, but I wanted more definite proof, so thanks for checking! Now I can finally stop promoting Hanas just for fodder, heh.

I know what you mean! I just need to whale on Colourless at some point to get more of him. XD

Well, I just had about the most spectacular pull since I got two Neko!Sakura in October.

Takumi, Myrrh, and Tome!Eirika from a batch of three colorless and one green/red apiece.  Guess that almost makes up for getting jack for New Year's.

I'll let you guys know when I stop wheezing in disbelief.

Edited by Raltis

On 1/25/2018 at 11:12 AM, Ice Dragon said:

You're spelling things funnier than usual.

ミルラ is the name of of a goddess in Greek mythology.

Seems to sound more feminine to me than the plant or resin. And it's technically correct so.

*shrug*

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

ミルラ is the name of of a goddess in Greek mythology.

Seems to sound more feminine to me. And it's technically correct so.

*shrug*

I mean, the elitist purist in me that I try to suppress while I'm here says that "Myrrh" is also her official Japanese name.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, the elitist purist in me that I try to suppress while I'm here says that "Myrrh" is also her official Japanese name.

I mean most of the time I don't even say their English names. The purist in me refuses to listen to official media ever since "Sort" and "Eudes" came into the picture lmao.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

I mean most of the time I don't even say their English names. The purist in me refuses to listen to official media ever since "Sort" and "Eudes" came into the picture lmao.

But if you pronounce those in French and then transliterate into Japanese as best you can, you do, in fact, get ソール and ウード or something close.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

But if you pronounce those in French and then transliterate into Japanese as best you can, you do, in fact, get ソール and ウード or something close.

It's easier just to call me weird.

Then only solution to this is I only post in Japanese right

At least it isn't as silly as Soul calling Effie/Faye freaking Emily

18 hours ago, Clogon said:

I know what you mean! I just need to whale on Colourless at some point to get more of him. XD

I'm kind of disappointed the 4-star focus banner started before Sothe dropped to 4-star rarity because that would've been a perfect excuse to pull colorless. Now I'm stuck not being able to pull colorless (it's a waste to pull a non-focus color) until the Legendary banner comes around (but the only colorless units in the summer banners were Gaius and Frederick, and neither particularly interest me).

25 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's easier just to call me weird.

I mean, I already know you're weird.

Those Myrrh odds, combined with the fact that she's also a flier, have me tempted to pull on this banner, however I just can't with potential Elincia banners coming.

The percentages for focus units are:

Each Green orb has a 5.32% of being Myrrh

3.31% for Eirika with Red, and

3.85% for L'Arachel with Blue.

3 minutes ago, Callisto said:

Those Myrrh odds, combined with the fact that she's also a flier, have me tempted to pull on this banner, however I just can't with potential Elincia banners coming.

If you need a reason to quell your temptation, you can look at these numbers to help:

There is

• a 16.5% chance for red,
  • a 22.1% chance for blue, and
  • a 35.3% chance for green

for there to be zero orbs of that color in a single summoning session (at base rates), which means that in more than 1 in every 3 sessions, you'll be forced to pull an orb of the wrong color.

32 minutes ago, Callisto said:

My Myrrh is -ATK. As I tried to get Eirika, I got a session with 4 reds and 1 green. None of the reds were useful (no good skill fodder) and I decided to pull green because it only costed 3 gems with a chance of being a better Myrrh. Got a 5* Raven. :/

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you need a reason to quell your temptation, you can look at these numbers to help:

There is

• a 16.5% chance for red,
  • a 22.1% chance for blue, and
  • a 35.3% chance for green

for there to be zero orbs of that color in a single summoning session (at base rates), which means that in more than 1 in every 3 sessions, you'll be forced to pull an orb of the wrong color.

Yeah I know, I've delved into the numbers deeper to figure out what the actual cost of obtaining the color orb that you want when sniping, and I know that the high rate of Green is offset by the high orb cost per green orb. 1 Green orb on average costs 6.56 orbs, which is super high when compared to the other colors.

With 50 orbs, you have about a 38.7% chance of pulling Myrrh if you snipe Green. 

Edited by Callisto

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, I already know you're weird.

君に僕を変だと言われたら君も同じだろう

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

My Myrrh is -ATK. As I tried to get Eirika, I got a session with 4 reds and 1 green. None of the reds were useful (no good skill fodder) and I decided to pull green because it only costed 3 gems with a chance of being a better Myrrh. Got a 5* Raven. :/

-ATK is never really as bad as people make it out to be.

47 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

君に僕を変だと言われたら君も同じだろう

For Myrrh, I actually don't mind it! Except that her Boon is HP. If it was -ATK/+DEF, I would be a very happy camper.

Overall, -ATK as a bane has very nice uses depending on char and boon. For my glass cannon -Blade mages, I STRICTLY prefer -ATK/+SPD. The only time I dread -ATK is on low ATK chars like Merric...

5 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

君に僕を変だと言われたら君も同じだろう

Really. Go ahead and tell me me how to use a unit that goes from 28 to 24 atk thanks to a bane. It just depends on what you get dropped to and what you were going to use the unit for/what the other stats are. So for example, +SPD/-ATK Setsuna. With an Attack refined Bow she would have 37 ATK and 40 SPD for offense. With 39/22/23 defenses she isn't exactly sturdy even with a guard bow.  Having 4 extra attack at that range can be a huge difference. Sword Lyn is in a better spot due to better defenses and a prf weapon, but having 24 base attack still hurts her. A quick run on a the 700-710 tally list seems to indicate that a neutral ATK scores nearly TWICE as many wins from a single initiation as a -ATK(assuming sol katti is in effect). I dunno, I would say that hurts. Just a little. But Lyn is a bit of an extreme case due to how Sol Katti works. Still my point is if you end up with 25 or less atk after the bane you had best hope you have something other than hitting things going for you. Like Pain+ or being so tanky it doesn't matter that your only source of damage is your special.

Now on someone like Myrrh. That is a fair bit less noticeable. Not only does her weapon carry the equivalent of a full ATK refine unlike any refinable weapon and only drop to 30 base, but she also has solid defenses to enable her to rely on specials to blast foes into the ground.

No one from this banner will care much. Both mages can Blade their way out of an ATK bane(Though L'Arachel would appreciate at least getting some speed out of it I would think) and Myrrh is effectively a 2 move flying armor unit(currently the only non-armor unit with higher BST than an armor unit, she beats all the ranged armors by 2 points and has 1 less than folks like Hector) and as such kinda just laughs at banes in general. Though losing 4 defense really isn't pleasant and may prompt you to do a lightning build.

Bout 60ish orbs in? Pulled +res/-spd Myrrh, almost perfect. 

Along the way, because this banner's gotta be that way I guess, pulled +def/-hp Lyn, and Lute with some awful IVs I already forgot. Lyn's IVs aren't great, but I didn't have her yet, so we'll make do. Merged the Lute into my +spd/-def Lute.

I really wanna pull on the legendary banner, but I'm probably gonna dump more into this. Horse mages are in short supply in my box, and as far as I can tell, Eirika's the best red horse mage(stiff competition).