Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Can you check the Japanese wording?  The translation team has been known to do weird things in the past.

Yeah, I just checked. It's been changed in Japanese, too.

Now I wonder when that text change happened because Myrrh is the first unit it would have made a difference for.

EDIT: Just checked Gamepedia. They have the old text still there, so it must have been recent or have gone way over everyone's heads.

EDIT2: It looks like someone on Gamepedia also just noticed and is in the process of updating them.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoid We get a potential new flier on the SS banner, with it being Myrrh, a flying green dragon. Flier emblem is getting some powerful members.

Thanks for tagging me! Great news, I'll try to get her since she is a flyer and a dragon. Something I already expected from NS!Corrin (not because of lore/story/whatever, but because it would have been cooler than to put her on a wyvern). Like @Ice Dragon mentioned, Myrrh's battle animation looks a little odd/awkward, but I have them switched off most of the time anyway. Her sprite on the map is more important, which is not present in the video. 

The other two units being cav mages should make me pull for all three of them, but that will be too expensive. Since I don't have a red cav mage, Eirika is of bigger priority than L'arachel. 

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ah yes, their cunning plan of keeping Eirika from having an alternate version, by... giving her an alternate version. I dunno, I don't think there's much of a downside here for people who were planning to vote for Eirika.

Truly vicious!
But you are right. True fans will vote anyway. Maybe they want to go for Eirika Emblem now and are more motivated than ever. D=

I'm curious about the stats of Myrrh. Her Breath tells us that she can well ignore SPD. I guess def+/Spd- is one of the possibilities for her. And how will her Res be? Can she survive one Naga? She does not get doubled by most mages anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, I just checked. It's been changed in Japanese, too.

Now I wonder when that text change happened because Myrrh is the first unit it would have made a difference for.

EDIT: Just checked Gamepedia. They have the old text still there, so it must have been recent or have gone way over everyone's heads.

EDIT2: It looks like someone on Gamepedia also just noticed and is in the process of updating them.

I stand corrected. It is because of Kitty Paddle vs Armoured, Flying and Horse Mages. This is when the update hit.

Edited by Clogon

Okay so it's cool that we're getting L' arachel and Myrr but why did we get a second Eirika right when we're having a CYL? I mean sure I doubt Eirika would win but still.

I'll only summon if the legendary banner has disappointing units. I just spent 80 or so orbs on the Miccy banner without getting a single 5 star so I'm not really motivated to spent orbs on a "normal" banner. I only manage to pull 5 star units in Legendary banners but in the "normal" banner like Miccy's and Siggy's I'm never lucky so yeah no matter how much I want Myrr I could get so much more out of the legendary banner.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because the upcoming Tempest Trials is most likely Eirika-and-Lyon themed.

Couldn't they just use normal Eirika somewhere in the 20%/40%? Didn't they recently do a summon banner with Tana, Amelia and her?

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because the upcoming Tempest Trials is most likely Eirika-and-Lyon themed.

There is still speculation that Marisa could be in the Tempest Trial (Yeah, another swordfighter).
Wouldn't it have been more better to Switch out whatever hero we get in TT with Eirika?
Or are they expecting that Eirika will get more pulls than any hero they will give us in this TT?
(In case we get a new Hero)

Edited by Stroud

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

If I told you I voted for Tiki because of her personality and not her "body shape" would I still be a man of culture

Of course, I mostly do it because I think she's a good character, but I also love her design and viability in Heroes.

Morgan is also acceptable for us people of culture. I will also personally accept Skrimir because the dude is a beast, literally.

5 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Couldn't they just use normal Eirika somewhere in the 20%/40%? Didn't they recently do a summon banner with Tana, Amelia and her?

Yes and yes and neither of those are really relevant because we now have an Eirika that is specifically using Grado's dark magic Sacred Twin in remembrance of Lyon.

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

There is still speculation that Marisa could be in the Tempest Trial (Yeah, another swordfighter).

Any speculation you hear of is old news because Marisa being the Tempest Trials reward is already confirmed.

I wanted to save orbs, but Myrrh and L'arachel are making this a tough promise to keep. Another dragon child for the dragon fam would be appreciated, and L'arachel is looking gorgeous and very powerful.. Guess I'll save up the orbs for now and then start sniping before the banner ends.

Not too happy about Eirika though. I'm neutral on her character, and do like her design, but giving her a second version , during the cyl vote no less, seems unreasonable. I was hoping for Cormag or Arthur. These banners are meant to bring new characters into the game, right? This might set up a dangerous precedent, where instead we'll be seeing a flood of alts for folks already present. 

Oh and I would have much preferred Myrrh or L'arachel being the TT reward. Not just because I don't really care about Marisa, but because that's yet another red sword unit. How boring.

So hyped for Myrrh, I can't wait, she's been my most wanted new unit since day 1.  Got over 200 orbs since no new lolis have been on banner this month and I'm prepared.  I'm going to use her with Hone Dragon and Guidance seal as an arena bonus unit along with my Nowi/Fae/Young Tiki core, and then switch her over to Hone Fliers and Iote's Shield seal to join my flier team after that.  For sure she's staying 5* only, so she won't be replacing Fae +10 in my arena team ever, so I don't think I will chase merges unless I get -Atk or -Def.  I've only got 1 Hector left, and he's +Atk so I'm not giving her DC till he goes on banner again.

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I just realized that “anamnesis” means “remembrance”. This banner’s name is “Sacred Memories”...hmmm, maybe this is a post-game Eirika that learned Dark Magic in honor of Lyon’s memory? I mean, Lyon was the one who fucked up in first place and it’s kinda his fault that a lot innocent people died, but I can see Eirika doing that.

Well that makes a lot of sense. Lyon researches dark magic to help people as well as dispelling misconceptions that ancient magics are inherently "evil". Maybe Eirika wants to pick back up what he has left. And by defeating Grado the Renais twins pretty much "inherited" Grado's Sacred Twins.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Myrrh is voiced by Kadowaki Mai. Well fuck. Now I absolutely have to +10 her.

Fuck.

So which of her role that you fell in love with? XD

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s possible but the Sacred Twin weapons in FEH seem to be tied to royalty and with Gleipnir Eirika being a thing, Garm Ephraim is almost a lock now and the most likely weapon he’ll have if he wins CYL2. 

So far we have:

Siegmund - Ephraim

Sieglinde - Eirika

Vidofnir - Tana

Nidhogg - Innes

Audhulma - Joshua

Gleipnir - Eirika

Ivaldi - L'arachel

Which leaves Latona, Excalibur, and Garm. If the Sacred Twins are being tied to royalty in this game, I can't see Latona wielded by anyone other than Mansel unless they reintroduce another version of L'arachel again (lol). Natasha has a high chance of using Excalibur even though she's not a royal (or a mage, but this game doesn't seems to care). And Garm goes to Ephraim 2 because of the reason stated earlier.

All and all I'm excited about this banner even though I feel it's too early to introduce Eirika 2. Priority wise it gonna be Myrrh - L'arachel - Eirika 2. If there's indication that L'arachel will be dropped to 4* after the banner I might hold off from her, with my luck I doubt 300+ orbs will be enough to get 2 or more of the focus units.

Did I said that I totally adore all the character arts? Because they are absolutely GORGEOUS!

@NoblePinkThe problem with SS’s Excalibur is that there’s no real way to differentiate it from Merric’s and IS seems pretty persistent in keeping Excalibur exclusive to him. I can see them making another Excalibur variant. 

You’re right about Latona; the only one I could really see using it would be him or L ‘Arachel2. Garm is pretty much a lock for Ephraim2. 

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. While I doubt this was intentional, I realised mage Eirika COULD be a reference to the Gorgon glitch (since it let anyone learn Dark Magic) xD

Considering some of the past memes and such, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an actual nod to it.

I think I'll be slow to pull on this banner. RD hurt me.

But Myrrh's a flying dragon with Hone, Eirika has Gleipnir and a horse and is likely fast and L'Arachel might be the weakest of the three but she has Ivaldi. I am certainly tempted.

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Considering some of the past memes and such, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an actual nod to it.

I guess it won’t be long until we get a FE7 unit with the Uber Spear. 

Best girl L'arachel is in which is great.

But I really hate how Eirika got included as well. She was already in the game so her inclusion came at the expense of someone else. That's fine if its a character like Lucina or Camilla who come from games already represented but Magvel is one of the worst continents when it comes to representation. Not including characters just to add the lord a second time isn't going to help that. 

I’m sad to see another Eirika with so many interesting characters that could have been there, but I think that what makes me sad from all of this is that this probably means that we aren’t getting Duessel anytime soon, and even with less options to get Garm

37 minutes ago, NoblePink said:

So which of her role that you fell in love with? XD

Sanya. The insert song Sweet Duet in Strike Witches 2 episode 6 (and really that whole episode) sealed the deal for me. Also because Sanya × Eila is an adorable couple. Her only real competition in the series is Heidemarie (silver hair, antennas, and a big gun) and Lynne (anti-tank sniper rifles are way cooler than rocket launchers).

Illya gets most of her points from the fact that she's the one forced to play the tsukkomi role in Fate/Kaleid Liner. Because you know the world is utterly fucked (in the short term) when Illya is your tsukkomi.

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

She was already in the game so her inclusion came at the expense of someone else.

That's assuming the only possible alternative is to have another new character in the banner, which is not the case. It could very well have been Myrrh, Larchel, and Marisa on the banner and another Joshua as the Tempest Trials reward as an alternative because that would have been entirely feasible (and likely with no more backlash than Eirika is getting).

Edited by Ice Dragon

They all look like nice new units, though L'Arachel seems underwhelming, but her art is still good. I'm not sure how I feel about a couple things with this banner. A random Eirika alt in place of a 3rd new character means they're further stretching out giving us actual new characters even more than they were already doing after lowering new banners to 3 units. And giving alts to units without a CYL or seasonal reason feels a bit spooky for my orbs if they randomly add alts of characters I like in the future.

I agree with whoever said we could use a dragon breaker skill, because dragons are going to be a whole new level of cancer in area now with dual buffs. I am not looking forward to dealing with that at all. Cav cancer just got a new toy if Eirika's stats are good enough as well. While I doubt she'll get anywhere near as common Cecilia is for a 3rd wheel to Rein/Lyn, it does makes cav teams a bit more unpredictable to plan for.

I'd like Myrrh since she's a flier (I wonder if she can also benefit from basic flier buffs? I assume so) and Eirika since I have no red mage cav. I'll probably have to skip though to save my orb stash for whatever the seasonal banner coming up is.

Edited by Alkaid

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I agree with whoever said we could use a dragon breaker skill, because dragons are going to be a whole new level of cancer in area now with dual buffs.

You mean colored ones like red/blue/green dragon breaker, or just break all of them?  Cause that would be unfair to dragon emblem users if it broke all of them, it would be impossible to use the team if all your units got doubled and can't double back.  There's no horse/armor/flier/infantry breaker.

6 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

You mean colored ones like red/blue/green dragon breaker, or just break all of them?  Cause that would be unfair to dragon emblem users if it broke all of them, it would be impossible to use the team if all your units got doubled and can't double back.  There's no horse/armor/flier/infantry breaker.

It'd be fair if Falchion was the only weapon capable with it with a refinement option.

Funny thing about Myrrh is that she can be used in both flier and dragon emblem.