Jump to content
Armagon

Banner: Sacred Memories

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Then why have this all-series crossover if all we get is populars and nothing else? I didn’t know Reinhardt was popular. Or Bartre was.

Last I checked, crossovers prioritize popular characters and main characters and add a few others in mostly arbitrarily for whatever reason they can find.

Reinhardt is clearly there to be broken as all fuck for half a year. Bartre as filler in the 3-star pool (though he's gained quite a bit with the recent updates).

Heroes seems to be staggering its main characters out, which also isn't incorrect to do for a game that's supposed to have a planned lifespan of at least 5 years.

 

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If they get around to doing lower rarities, not when. At this point it is more probable to expect six-stars rather than expansion of three- and four-stars.

The backlash of adding 6-star rarity would be pretty severe unless they find a way to allow whales to transfer their 5-star merges on promotion to 6-star (or prevent all previously existing characters from being able to be promoted to 6-star). Whales probably account for around 90% of the game's revenue, and you don't want to be pissing off 90% of your revenue.

 

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It was safe to assume Selena wasn’t coming ever because her name has already been taken, assuming she doesn’t become Celina. And also because who the hell gives a damn about Selena. Then again, Reinhardt got on a banner. Selena’s chances were existent. Were.

And still are. As already mentioned, Selena doesn't have any name conflicts in Japanese.

I'm of the belief that IS has given up on dealing with NoA's localization team and has told them to dig themselves out of their own goddamn hole. Faye's naming in Japanese (as "Effie") seemed spiteful as all fuck.

 

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do I need to spell it out literally whenever I make a joke?

I wasn't obvious enough either, then?

 

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m pissed at NoA for greenlighting Selena and Arthur for Fates without consulting the names list from the earlier games.

IS themselves crossed that bridge ages ago with FE4's Linda sharing a name with FE1/3's Linde. Then there's FE14's Corrin sharing with FE2's Kamui and FE14's Asugi sharing with FE2's Gray. Cipher handles it perfectly fine (Kamui's cards, for example, list his name as "Kamui (Valentia)"), so I don't see why Heroes would have any trouble at all (all you need is a unique combination of a name and title here).

 

Anyways, it's way past my bedtime and I should get my ass to bed so I can wake up and be a working-class office folk not in Japan.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

You mean colored ones like red/blue/green dragon breaker, or just break all of them?  Cause that would be unfair to dragon emblem users if it broke all of them, it would be impossible to use the team if all your units got doubled and can't double back.  There's no horse/armor/flier/infantry breaker.

There isn't really any color restriction for breath weapons. All dragon's can use the same breaths and Falchion user's get screwed over by Nowi if that wasn't bad enough already. Deirdre and Julia just don't have the defense to survive dragon emblem onslaught nor really double them. Inheritable DC that targets the lower value of either your defense or resistance justifies having a breath breaker skill or weapon refinement. What's most disgusting about dragon's is that they're available at 4*stars or lower except Ninian. Easily +10able

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eirika having Gleipnir makes me believe they'll give Knoll a basic red tome (Fenrir+), but his assis skill will probably be Summon or something like that, since that's bascially his selling point in FE8 and noone else can do that (yes, I'm aware of the fact that Ewan can become a Summoner, but his "canon" path is Sage probably).
Summoning 1HP distractions would most likely be absolutely OP, but I hope that's what they have in store for Knoll.

Edited by Mariode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG Myrrh. I can stop voting for her on the CYL now. The "Wary fighter if your Def is higher" effect seems really broken. I love it. She has been my #1 wanted character for months now. Dragon and flyer buffs means she is going to be extremely versatile with team compositions. Although I honestly would have preferred Goad or Ward Dragons over Hone.

L'Arachel is another one of my favorites from SS. And I was pronouncing it close to correctly. Lar - ay - chel is close to Lara - shell. Would have prefered her to have the first Legendary staff with super broken effects, but this is good too. I hope she has a really good/fun stat spread. I have a few Takumis sitting around for a great candidate to give CC to.

Eirika (and eventually Ephraim) on a horse makes sense since they get horses in their game and I guess red tomes are the next logical choice if they don't want more swordies (pls no moar). It will probably make more sense when the TT starts. The more mounted mages the better.

Marissa is meh to me. I'm quite sick of all the swords in this game and I don't think anything is ever really going to come along that will give Ayra a run for her money. TT  reward means she will have limited merges as well so she has basically no chance of shaking up the meta. I'm predicting she gets the Shamshir as a unique only to her weapon. It will have either cooldown -2, or both cooldown -1 and +10 damage with specials as well as some sort of stat buff.

 

Ephraim would have made more sense on the banner than Eirika because he can support with both Myrrh and L'Arachel. It is certainly looking like there will eventually be an all guys banner. Garm!Deussel, and Excalibur!Saleh with some horse variant of Ephraim. Bows maybe?!  Ranger!Gerik with a Leon stat spread would be awesome too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The "Wary fighter if your Def is higher" effect seems really broken.

But it doesn't prevent Myrrh from doing a follow-up attack, so its even better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell that's a great banner! Myrrh, L'Arachel are finally in and they're not at all what I thought they'd be. I never considered Myhrr to be a flying unit and I figured L'Arachel to be a healer.

Also new Eirika. I wonder if this will affect the CYL vote at all though.  

Edited by Tactical Canadian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jave said:

I wonder... would Myrrh be able to inherit flier skills like Hone/Ward Fliers? Or Guidance?

If she can receive the benefits from them then I don't see why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Ephraim would have made more sense on the banner than Eirika because he can support with both Myrrh and L'Arachel. It is certainly looking like there will eventually be an all guys banner. Garm!Deussel, and Excalibur!Saleh with some horse variant of Ephraim. Bows maybe?!  Ranger!Gerik with a Leon stat spread would be awesome too.

Yeah, i imagined something like this too.

But more Ephraim with Garm ('cause Eirika has one of Grado's Treasure so why not Eph' ? I know Duessel make more sense, but Knoll made more sense for Gleipnir too...)Cormag, Gerik and one other in a TT Reward like Colm, with Selena on GHB (the only female like Lyon is the only male here).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RuleOfRose said:

Yeah, i imagined something like this too.

But more Ephraim with Garm ('cause Eirika has one of Grado's Treasure so why not Eph' ? I know Duessel make more sense, but Knoll made more sense for Gleipnir too...)Cormag, Gerik and one other in a TT Reward like Colm, with Selena on GHB (the only female like Lyon is the only male here).

 

I don't see Colm coming without Neimi. Gilliam, Ross or one of the cavs seems more likely.

Cormag will most certainly make it in. The question is just when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I don't see Colm coming without Neimi. Gilliam, Ross or one of the cavs seems more likely.

Cormag will most certainly make it in. The question is just when.

Me too, Ross more likely cause of his popularity (I dont understand why i forgot him each time)

I wont see Colm without Neimi too but there are lot of characters come without an other that are supposed to be with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nimue said:

Yesss Myrrh!

...oh wait, I don't have any orbs saved up....

Basically me right now

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

MYHRR!

are you going to fix this?

 

I basically just came to point out the possibility of Garm Ephraim, since we have Gleipinir Eirikao.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just thought of something. I don’t know why, but I feel like one of Geirika’s special quotes is “In the memory of my friend!” or something like that. I mean, it would make sense considering her title basically being rememberance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES, MYRRH. But I won't be able to pull her off right now, pretty drained after so many tries to pull Zelgius XD. Maybe later, I got the impression she'll be powerful enough to get a 5% banner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

are you going to fix this?

Maybe

Gonna be honest Myrrh is one of those names that i spell right 50% and spell wrong the other 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe

Gonna be honest Myrrh is one of those names that i spell right 50% and spell wrong the other 50%.

One of the names I only copy and pasted so far. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three days of Tiki. I'm considering Lyon next, but I also need to throw my boy Skrimir a vote, as well as best daughteru Morgan.

What am I to do with only seven votes? I wasn't born to make these kinds of decisions.

Edit: and this is the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

Edited by Thane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Eirika is all kinds of nonsense.

...feels like the Heroes design team has been playing GBA rom-hacks, and decided they want to do a homage to Midnight Sun.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

There isn't really any color restriction for breath weapons. All dragon's can use the same breaths and Falchion user's get screwed over by Nowi if that wasn't bad enough already. Deirdre and Julia just don't have the defense to survive dragon emblem onslaught nor really double them. Inheritable DC that targets the lower value of either your defense or resistance justifies having a breath breaker skill or weapon refinement. What's most disgusting about dragon's is that they're available at 4*stars or lower except Ninian. Easily +10able

But how would I fight an enemy using a breaker skill that affects all of my team?  Dragon emblem wouldn't be able to do anything to such an enemy, getting doubled and not being able to double back.  A mixed defense bow user like H Jakob for example with dragon breaker, he'd hit all my units twice (4 if brave) and I'd only hit back once.  Dragons can't use Brave Weapons to overcome breakers or Raven tomes to beat colorless. Or Dierdre doubling dragons without being doubled back and negates Hone and Fortify, even Young Tiki would die to that.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

But how would I fight an enemy using a breaker skill that affects all of my team?  Dragon emblem wouldn't be able to do anything to such an enemy, getting doubled and not being able to double back.  A mixed defense bow user like H Jakob for example with dragon breaker, he'd hit all my units twice (4 if brave) and I'd only hit back once.  Dragons can't use Brave Weapons to overcome breakers or Raven tomes to beat colorless.

Which is why you have QR seal and bowbreaker, plus Jakob loses wary fighter if he runs breathbreaker and +10 -spd Jakob is slower than a +10 -spd Nowi enough that she doubles him when running Brave Bow+ (only bow he really should use). Even if Nowi doesn't use bowbreaker she still survives and Jakob dies.  I doubt every enemy on one team would have breathbreaker skill of some kind either as b slot or weapon effect. Dragon's aren't the only meta.

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myrrh looks great. I don't run a dragon or flying team, but I really want her. 

I like L'Arachel, but I don't know if I'll actually roll for her. I already have most of the blue mages, and I don't really know when I'd use her over Reinhardt for sheer power or Delthea for support.

Eirika confuses me. It's neat they acknowledged the Stone glitch, but why is she here? I saw a theory that IS planned for her to win CYL2 and already designed her but she ended up not doing too well, but it still seems strange to release her now. I'll probably roll for her since I like her and I only have Celica and Arvis for red mages, but I hope the trend doesn't continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

Myrrh looks great. I don't run a dragon or flying team, but I really want her. 

I like L'Arachel, but I don't know if I'll actually roll for her. I already have most of the blue mages, and I don't really know when I'd use her over Reinhardt for sheer power or Delthea for support.

Eirika confuses me. It's neat they acknowledged the Stone glitch, but why is she here? I saw a theory that IS planned for her to win CYL2 and already designed her but she ended up not doing too well, but it still seems strange to release her now. I'll probably roll for her since I like her and I only have Celica and Arvis for red mages, but I hope the trend doesn't continue.

Seems like they just wanted to sabotage Eirika's performance in CYL so that they could manipulate who the female winners are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...