Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

Why did we get Mage Knight Eirika when we could've had Knoll.

Why did we have to get Worse Joshua Marisa instead of Gerik.

This Banner and Tempest Trial disappoint me a little, but I'll still pull for L'Arachel, and then maybe Myrrh if I even get L'Arachel in the first place.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m guessing we might the datamine for the characters tonight. I can’t wait to see how broken these characters are. I’m personally looking out for Myrrh the most as it seems like from the trailer, her defense will be insane.

3 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Why did we get Mage Knight Eirika when we could've had Knoll.

Why did we have to get Worse Joshua Marisa instead of Gerik.

This Banner and Tempest Trial disappoint me a little, but I'll still pull for L'Arachel, and then maybe Myrrh if I even get L'Arachel in the first place.

Because IS doesn't want Eirika to win CYL (at least she got a brave variant) and Knoll has 0 luck. And there's the mine glitch or whatever you call it
Because Marissa is more popular than Gerik

are you kidding me? another eirika and fucking myrrh? get your loli shit out of here. back to the thracia banner waiting room i guess. gonna have to admire l'arachel's beautiful art in this game in the mean time or something

EDIT: also marisa? why they gotta add repeats and the most garbage characters on this banner holy shit

Edited by edgelordweeaboo

I'm skipping this banner (even tough I think Myrrh and Horse!Eirika will be broken); however I think it was due a good idea to add the the only missing "noble" of SS  and a dragon unit.

Myrrh ssems stat wise compared to A!Tiki. Assuming her DEF to be neutral 35*, she has an "AllEarthsweep" + Wary fighter in one. What makes this funny is that,  she might reach 41 DEF with a boon and fury, the neutral untis that are not affected are all physical and the red ones most of the red one that can reach with a DEF boon might not have the SPD to double her. The execptions to this are Draug and Zelgius. In terms of power, I  think it is comparable to refined Lightning Breath.  Her builds can be very versitile to (due to her Legendary wepaon and the option of running Distant Coutner or  is very versitile too, being able to fit a dragon and a flier team Coupled with her fanbase,

*Was fury active? Was she neutral in the trailer?

I find L’Arachel getting Ivaldi odd for two reasons. First, because she was not colorless (now that this would not be a bad thing). Second, the tome grants + DEF (like the vanilla) on a units not known to be bulky. She also comes with renewal. Will she able to tank with buffs? Will she focus on offense with the +ATK/SPD against full untis? Or are all her skills based on the lore?

I have two theories for Eirika getting Gleipin: the two possible users (Knoll and Ewan) are  not popular enough for a legendary weapon or they really wanted another Eirika in the game. Her skill setseems based around having loads of ATK and SPD with a splash of RES (making her slightly more offense-oriented than infantry counterpart). I think IS is testing the waters to see the addtion of other versions of Lords outside Seasonals/CYL banners. This can mean that this might be their answer for the "What they'll when they launch everyone" and they might not be unwilling to realease unpopular units (like Lot).

9 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Why did we have to get another red unit?

Because having a TT and not getting a sword is a sin

Clive and Corrin are both garbage outcasts that must be purged from existence

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Knoll has 0 luck.

So? Marisa has worse bases than Joshua when he joins and has 30% strength growth In the English version and has 25% Strength growth in the Japanese version. Marisa is a shitty unit and has no reason to be as popular as she is. She also has a rather generic personality.

8 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

are you kidding me? another eirika and fucking myrrh? get your loli shit out of here. back to the thracia banner waiting room i guess. gonna have to admire l'arachel's beautiful art in this game in the mean time or something

EDIT: also marisa? why they gotta add repeats and the most garbage characters on this banner holy shit

Thracia had it's good share of lolis
Marissa actually might have a chance of being good in this game. Though I'm scared her attack will be mediocre

4 minutes ago, Crux404 said:

I have two theories for Eirika getting Gleipin: the two possible users (Knoll and Ewan) are  not popular enough for a legendary weapon or they really wanted another Eirika in the game. Her skill setseems based around having loads of ATK and SPD with a splash of RES (making her slightly more offense-oriented than infantry counterpart). I think IS is testing the waters to see the addtion of other versions of Lords outside Seasonals/CYL banners. This can mean that this might be their answer for the "What they'll when they launch everyone" and they might not be unwilling to realease unpopular units (like Lot).

Likely the second one

2 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

So? Marisa has worse bases than Joshua when he joins and has 30% strength growth In the English version and has 25% Strength growth in the Japanese version. Marisa is a shitty unit and has no reason to be as popular as she is. She also has a rather generic personality.

It was a joke. Poor Gnoll's luck ran out

Edited by silveraura25

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Because having a TT and not getting a sword is a sin

Clive and Corrin are both garbage outcasts that must be purged from existence

You just crossed the line buddy. Clive is not to be trifled with! Here's my Clive set.

Stats:
HP: 50
Atk: 49
Speed: 25
Def: 36
Res: 19

Silver Lance (Defense Refine)
Reposition
Bonfire
Steady Stance 3
Quick Riposte 3
Threaten Attack 3
Close Defense 3 (Sacred Seal)

He has an effective defense of 47 on enemy phase. Is that really that bad?

Edited by The Lord Of Gems

Myrrh had better come home for me, the last on focus 5* I pulled was B!Roy from the legendary banner.  At least I get Lyon for free tomorrow, I am still bummed and I sent feedback to Nintendo about how having no guys on the banner was Not cool and that there are woman who play Heroes and that they lost out on getting money from me because there was no guy on this banner.  I was going to buy the BK pack this weekend, but after this I am waiting until next month.  Marissa as the TT reward is no surprise, but with the banner being all girls it does make me sad.  Maybe next time Valter is rerun I can beat him up with Cormag, a girl can dream.

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Thracia had it's good share of lolis
Marissa actually might have a chance of being good in this game. Though I'm scared her attack will be mediocre

Likely the second one

It was a joke. Poor Gnoll's luck ran out

thracia's lolis weren't as annoying because of the fact that they weren't as forced to be an annoying ass loli trope like most other lolis in the series and if they were they were characters with like one scene with dialogue. also im not talking about just marisa as a unit. there are so many better characters they could have added.

21 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

You just crossed the line buddy. Clive is not to be trifled with! Here's my Clive set.

Stats:

Reposition
Bonfire
Steady Stance 3
Quick Riposte 3
Threaten Attack 3

Reinhardt counter on every team = green mage. His speed is bad as well. Not saying he's a bad unit, but there are better alternatives for lance cavaliers

14 minutes ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

thracia's lolis weren't as annoying because of the fact that they weren't as forced to be an annoying ass loli trope like most other lolis in the series and if they were they were characters with like one scene with dialogue. also im not talking about just marisa as a unit. there are so many better characters they could have added.

True, but when Lara was still with Perne and I'm assuming that was a few years before Thracia 776 as well as Perne mentioning her being a child, Perne stared at her intently whenever she danced. That kinda sent weird vibes. I know that he was just admiring her dancing, but still...

18 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Myrrh had better come home for me, the last on focus 5* I pulled was B!Roy from the legendary banner.  At least I get Lyon for free tomorrow, I am still bummed and I sent feedback to Nintendo about how having no guys on the banner was Not cool and that there are woman who play Heroes and that they lost out on getting money from me because there was no guy on this banner.  I was going to buy the BK pack this weekend, but after this I am waiting until next month.  Marissa as the TT reward is no surprise, but with the banner being all girls it does make me sad.  Maybe next time Valter is rerun I can beat him up with Cormag, a girl can dream.

I was actually hoping for Ross because I was interested in seeing what he could do in Heroes. Bummer about Cormag though. I like his character

Edited by silveraura25

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pull rates. Reducing the number of characters on a banner increases the chances of a focus character being pulled. This is good for whales and F2Pers alike because whales have an easier time getting enough copies of a character and F2Pers have a higher chance of getting a copy of a character they want. Adding new characters to the game that players want is pointless if the players don't have a good enough chance of actually getting that character from the banner.

4 characters -> 1-2 characters that nonwhales can pull at 4* after the banner ends
3 characters -> 0-1 characters that nonwhales can pull at 4* after the banner ends

Since it's only barely worth pulling on launch banners in the first place, I hardly think that this sacrifice is worth the loss.

1 minute ago, Gebby said:

*Insert obligatory 'fucking Eirika' here*
but really, why magic Eirika and not Knoll?

Ask IS. If you want an answer then send them an email. I might do that tho. Personally, I think they either wanted to sabotage Eirika's rank in CYL by smearing her name or they're testing special versions of characters outside of seasonal/CYL banners

26 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

You just crossed the line buddy. Clive is not to be trifled with! Here's my Clive set garbage.

Nice garbage you got there

26 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Stats:

Reposition
Bonfire
Steady Stance 3
Quick Riposte 3
Threaten Attack 3

I mean it's not bad but there are units who can reach much higher

And like

I'd rather just use Camus heh

Your build is pretty good though, admittedly. Thicc Clive OP

6 minutes ago, Gebby said:

Because Knoll is not as popular

I honestly dont care about him either, Druid Ewan was the sauce
Not gonna lie Summoner Knoll broke that game

29 minutes ago, Gebby said:

Knoll's not popular enough, so a banner with waifus/lolis led by an Eirika alt is the best way they can make people's orbs sweat with Sacred Stones just before the legendary banner/anniversary/next seasonals.

Edited by Alkaid

Very happy to see a red mage knight in the game (to replace my sad -atk Leo). Not fussed about it being Eirika either, since her infantry form was beyond pitiful compared to most powerhouse red sword lords.

Only sad part about the banner is I had hoped L'Arachel would be a troubadour to remove my desire of pulling for a 5* Elise or strongly investing in a 4* Clarine.

Realistically, when you look at the banner theme and the upcoming Lyon GHB and all that, this banner was based around alternative Eirika. She's not the "oddball" unit as it were, she's the reason we're getting more SS content in the game at this point. Period. L'Arachel has a connection to Eirika that I don't recall Myrrh having, so if anything, Myrrh is the odd unit out in this case.

Zelgius was far more of a kick in the teeth than alternate Eirika was, at least she actually has a seperate niche instead of existing unit except just better. But since he's a generic badass dude instead of a waifu, people gave him a pass. It's not like generic badass dick sucking wasn't massively prevalent in the FE fandom for a long time before people started to shift over with the new fandom or anything...