Jump to content
Armagon

Banner: Sacred Memories

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The more I think about it, the more baffled I am. I really wish they'd have put in Gerik, Cormag, or even Knoll instead of Eirika.

But I'm sure she'll be fine. And I'm still happy with L'Arachel and Myrrh. And hopefully Natasha gets Latona...

I'm a bit miffed that they've started reusing characters when we still have tones left to add.  I'm always a bit annoyed by it being an all-girl banner.  I like Eirika, but there's a dozen other Sacred Stones units I want more than a second Eirika.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to have the data mine to happen so I can see the stat spreads of all of the units. Also, to see how Lyon and Marisa will look like and what there skills will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You like color schemes that make me wanna scream? 

latest?cb=20110420231339

Sage Ewan is the best Ewan. (Ignore the lingering sprite issue.)

latest?cb=20110420231257

No. Druid Ewan is amazing! Sage Ewan is boring, and who doesn't love a super colorful and fun Druid?! Just looking at the sprite brought back waves of nostalgia. *dreamy sigh*

I'm surprised people are upset about it being an all girl banner though? I mean, I would have loved Ewan/Cormag/Knoll as much as anyone (more for Ewan), but I like the all girl vibes! And it's weird I also mind Eirika being in the banner LESS today. Maybe because I really like her artwork so I'm kinda excited to pull for her? I'm really crossing my fingers that for the anniversary they add some of these other "less special" SS characters into the 4-5* pool. I can't see Ewan really getting a banner anytime soon, but releasing him would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent feedback to IS about how I'm not going to be pulling on this banner because of what they just pulled with Eirika, plus it being an all girls banner when there are so many other characters they could have picked from. I doubt they would care much about what I wrote since I'm not a whale just kind of a dolphin, but it is better then nothing. Anybody that has any problem with this banner should probably send feedback regardless of whether they are planning on whaling for a character or not though.

2 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm surprised people are upset about it being an all girl banner though? I mean, I would have loved Ewan/Cormag/Knoll as much as anyone (more for Ewan), but I like the all girl vibes! And it's weird I also mind Eirika being in the banner LESS today. Maybe because I really like her artwork so I'm kinda excited to pull for her? I'm really crossing my fingers that for the anniversary they add some of these other "less special" SS characters into the 4-5* pool. I can't see Ewan really getting a banner anytime soon, but releasing him would be nice.

Some people just don't prefer waifu's over husbando's. It all comes down to everybody's personal preference after all. The best thing to do is to always make sure there is one of both so that everybody can be happy. All female banners also have a different vibe to me because it kind of feels like pandering to the otaku audience even though it probably isn't, but that is a personal thing.

Edited by YingofDarkness
wanted to add response to guy above me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm surprised people are upset about it being an all girl banner though?

Some of us like the guys, too, and it seems like shameless Waifu Emblem catering.

1 minute ago, YingofDarkness said:

I sent feedback to IS about how I'm not going to be pulling on this banner because of what they just pulled with Eirika, plus it being an all girls banner when there are so many other characters they could have picked from. I doubt they would care much about what I wrote since I'm not a whale just kind of a dolphin, but it is better then nothing. Anybody that has any problem with this banner should probably send feedback regardless of whether they are planning on whaling for a character or not though.

I'll send some feedback, too.  I'm an Eirika fan and love my horse mages, but this banner just rubs me the wrong way for both the reasons you outline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I'm surprised people are upset about it being an all girl banner though?

There are fewer girls in the series than there are guys, and they will run out of girls faster than you can say “alt Eirika” if the trend continues.

Edited by Vaximillian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are fewer girls in the series than there are guys, and they will run out of girls faster than you can say “alt Eirika” if the trend continues.

Case and point: Echoes has only two playable girls not in Heroes yet: Silque and Tatiana.  It has (13) Kliff, Luthier, Python, Zeke (if he counts), Forsyth, Mycen, Valbar, Kamui, Conrad, Atlas, Jesse, Deen, and Nomah, for guys that haven't been added.  That's not even including villains for potential GHBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are fewer girls in the series than there are guys, and they will run out of girls faster than you can say “alt Eirika” if the trend continues.

This is a huge problem for Heroes, especially for the older games. I honestly believe that they need to have banners release with 2 males and 1 female as the standard, and they should add in a new batch of 3 star characters like Bord and Cord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardin said:

This is a huge problem for Heroes, especially for the older games. I honestly believe that they need to have banners release with 2 males and 1 female as the standard, and they should add in a new batch of 3 star characters like Bord and Cord. 

I think the one-year anniversary might be our last chance to see some new 3* units before I resign myself to the fact that they're just never going to add any more.  We've had a total of zero new pullable 3*s since launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Case and point: Echoes has only two playable girls not in Heroes yet: Silque and Tatiana.  It has (13) Kliff, Luthier, Python, Zeke (if he counts), Forsyth, Mycen, Valbar, Kamui, Conrad, Atlas, Jesse, Deen, and Nomah, for guys that haven't been added.  That's not even including villains for potential GHBs.

Flipping it around, Echoes has 9 male characters and 8 female characters currently represented in the game.

Also "case in point".

 

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are fewer girls in the series than there are guys, and they will run out of girls faster than you can say “alt Eirika” if the trend continues.

That's what adding to the 3-star pool or creating a new summoning pool is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lushen said:

I still think this breaks lore.  She says she thinks Lyon can do it because Lyon has a pure heart.  She never says that she could or that she wants anything to do with it.  Still, I suppose I get where IS is coming from.

I still feel like this banner breaks lore and makes it seem like IS thinks SS is just another chest of Waifus.  At least we got Lyon I suppose.

 

I love Eirika.  I would have loved Eirika to win CYL and get a brave version of her that's exactly like this.  Just...not like this.  I feel like brave heroes should be tied to CYL exclusively and this makes it seem like IS is just gonna release alternates of all the lords...

The exception would be if this is a one time thing.  Like maybe b/c we are voting for CYL they decide to drop a surprise brave hero from someone who didn't win but got in the top 10 last time.  I think that would be pretty cool, but that doesn't look like what this is.

Actually, I don't get with the script showed how Eirika learned Dark Magic. But, I think I see that part where Lyon said about he did used the knowledge from the Library where he was looking through to find the cure that was suppose to save his father from death. But, I kinda wondered if Eirika could have went through the same library where Lyon was studying there and looked through Lyon's books and notes that he wrote down to learn his own dark magic that Lyon had learned for years or somehow Lyon could possibly have shared his powers through his own Magic to Eirika to gain access to Dark Magic and learned it sometime after Fomortiis was defeated. But, I don't recall Eirika mentions that she practices Dark Magic nor learning Drak Magic in the game. I think it's most likely a call mback to Lyon since Eirika and her brother are Lyon's closest friends.

But, it's nice to see Eirika got a second form, but, Eirika learned Dark Magic is kinda random since I thought Eirika would have used her Great Lord class instead of a Mage Knight class that gains Dark Magic.

Edited by King Marth 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Flipping it around, Echoes has 9 male characters and 8 female characters currently represented in the game.

That serves to show they should be adding guys at a faster clip since the girls are rarer.  Though the girl number raises to 11 if you include the Whitewings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

That serves to show they should be adding guys at a faster clip since the girls are rarer.  Though the girl number raises to 11 if you include the Whitewings.

Well, they don't count unless they get Echoes-specific versions. Just like how Bartre doesn't count for the FE7 tally and Ike doesn't count for the FE10 tally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's what adding to the 3-star pool or creating a new summoning pool is for.

If it doesn’t happen with the anniversary, it doesn’t happen at all. Only a week left until the moment of truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If it doesn’t happen with the anniversary, it doesn’t happen at all. Only a week left until the moment of truth.

Well, they are physically never going to get to certain characters at this rate otherwise. At 4 characters a month for 4 more years, that's only 192 characters, considering the CYL ballot contains more than quadruple that number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is Eirika's revenge for Ephraim getting a weapon upgrade without her. instead she gets a whole new weapon! when i saw the banner had her on it i thought it was going to be her promoted version, just a sword horse, but boy was i really shocked to see her wielding Gleipnir of all things. 

content that The Rachel gets Ivaldi.

also Myrrh's dragon sprite art is SO ON POINT. i got a huge wave of nostalgia just looking at it. also Hone Dragons on her, as i think was predicted, nice. 

though i too am meh about the large flow of swordies as TT rewards, i do like Marissa as a character even though she is kind of a trash unit in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That serves to show they should be adding guys at a faster clip since the girls are rarer.  Though the girl number raises to 11 if you include the Whitewings.

Personally, I don't mind Heroes correcting gender imbalance in older games.

That said: by my count, it looks like only 103 of the 208 heroes in the current lineup are male, so it's actually swung slightly in favor of girls by now. Even more so once the new batch gets added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, I don't mind Heroes correcting gender imbalance in older games.

That said: by my count, it looks like only 103 of the 208 heroes in the current lineup are male, so it's actually swung slightly in favor of girls by now. Even more so once the new batch gets added.

I think moving forward, most people would love to have greater gender balance in FE games, I personally would like to see a greater group of standard female bosses to along with that. The problem however, is that doesn't help fans of the games that already exist. Shadow Dragon has less than 25% of its roster being female, it's impossible to strike gender balance in that game without jettisoning a lot of characters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I think moving forward, most people would love to have greater gender balance in FE games, I personally would like to see a greater group of standard female bosses to along with that. The problem however, is that doesn't help fans of the games that already exist. Shadow Dragon has less than 25% of its roster being female, it's impossible to strike gender balance in that game without jettisoning a lot of characters.  

I think Shadow Dragon has a lot of pretty jettisonnable characters, and they lean pretty heavily towards male.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Othin said:

I think Shadow Dragon has a lot of pretty jettisonnable characters, and they lean pretty heavily towards male.

Every character has their fans, it's incredibly disrespectful to say that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Every character has their fans, it's incredibly disrespectful to say that. 

Every character has fans, but not every character is going to get into Heroes. Shadow Dragon has an unusually high number of characters lacking dialogue or other really distinguishing characteristics, and I'd say those characters are the least likely to get in.

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

We know were talking about one day

Does her debut really have to be with a Sacred Stone theme? Going by her reception alone, I doubt many people would complain if Ishtar was the GHB if the flavor of the month is Fate. Provided Xander return by then.

 

6 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I think moving forward, most people would love to have greater gender balance in FE games, I personally would like to see a greater group of standard female bosses to along with that. The problem however, is that doesn't help fans of the games that already exist. Shadow Dragon has less than 25% of its roster being female, it's impossible to strike gender balance in that game without jettisoning a lot of characters.  

Well that depends if they're even going to use pairing mechanic for the next one. Even if it is popular I seen enough naysayer to say otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...