Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

I have to admit that as much as I love Eirika, I'm pretty peeved that she got an alt for no reason rather than giving us a brand new Sacred Stones character. Poor Knoll. Also, why make L'Arachel a blue tome? Even a staff would have been better than that. People really won't have a reason to use her with Reinhardt still so readily available...I know that light magic is usually designated blue in Heroes but it's not a hard and fast rule they need to abide by. Hopefully her stats are great, because otherwise I can't see myself pulling for her even though she's one of my favorite characters.

Myrrh is a welcome addition and seems pretty strong. That's basically the only good thing I can say about this banner, as a Sacred Stones fan I'm really disappointed.

At least L'Arachel has an argument for wielding Ivaldi.  Out of the three, I'm happiest with her.

Myrrh's voice doesn't sit right with me.  Otherwise, she looks like an interesting unit.  Would be interesting to see armors versus dragons, one day!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So you'd rather have more Eirikas than let other characters from SS get in the game? Wow. That's kind of selfish, you know. I'm not trying to offend you, but even I'm not asking for more Ikes or Fredericks (except in cases like CYL and seasonal, and even then, Frederick already got a seasonal, so I'm not going to ask for another one of those for him), because I know there are other characters from their games who have yet to even be in Heroes in any form.

Well, I apologize for just being annoyed at this banner. I expected Cormag at least, because he's kind of popular. Instead IS has to go with only women and another Eirika. Doesn't help that I dislike her and like Ephraim WAY more either...

I probably could've worded what I said better, but I won't sugarcoat my annoyance with this. I haven't seen a banner of new characters I really wanted to pull on since Sigurd and company debuted back in October. Over three months ago... I'm just getting bored at this point.

I wouldn't call it selfish because I never said "I want Eirika instead of x". I wished for a seasonal variant of her with better stats and stuff and got what I wanted even if it came in such an unconventional manner. I understand that people are annoyed that she "took" the place of someone like Cormag or Gerik (although I want to say that even if she wasn't here there's no guarantee that you're going to get who you want, the banner could include something like Brave Amelia or something completely bonkers like a nameless npc, after all IS can be quite unpredictable). 

You have the right to be annoyed as this banner didn't bring what you wanted but at the same time I have the right to be happy because I got my favorite unit in the franchise, as long as I don't go saying things like "Eirika deserves to be here than x, y and z" I don't see the problem in being happy about having her in a new cool outfit and class.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm also happy to see another valor skill enter the permanent summoning pool.

Eirika has R Tome Exp, though, not Valor.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

They went with the choice that would get more whales to spend money on. Eirika is far more popular and marketable than Knoll ever will. I can see the same happening with Garm. 

Duessel has the facial hair we need more of in this game.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Japanese text confirms Marisa will be a reward and not Ayra 2.0

Oh, thank goodness!! The first time I'll ever be happy to get a swordie from a TT after Marth!

Now onto the trailer. Ahem...

MYRRH!!!! HER ART AND VOICE ARE PERFECT AND HER DRAGON FORM LOOKS AS EPIC AS EVER! And they kept her as a flying unit with Hone Dragons AND A PRF WEAPON!! I'm glad to see IS treat their Great Dragons right :'3 i love that her weapon has a Def based Windsweep and the -breath refinement already built in (though the latter was a logical conclusion following the new dagger units).

It took me a second viewing to notice L'arachel was a Blue Tome. That, combined with her amazing voice and art makes me want to pull her now (I wanted to skip Colorless Hell before).

Eirika...Eirika.

You know what's creepy? I literally just woke up from a dream where IS released a new version of Eirika, which left me confused of where my CYL Votes should go. Of course she had an upgraded Sieglinde in the dream, but I'm still creeped out beyond belief!

Now onto Eirika herself: I don't understand why she's here (beyond IS trying to mentally disturb me) and before watching the trailer I was sure the in-game notification was a typo, and as warmed as I am by the implication that she studied Dark Magic to help Lyon I'm upset by what this means for Knoll. On top of that, she has a full kit which nowadays equates to boosted BST and a full kit (with Swift Sparrow, Desperation and Rally Atk/ Spd no less!!), so this is probably as good as a CYL Hero and I may give my remaining votes to Nino.

On the other hand - and apologies to those upset here and the logical side of me -  it's another Eirika!! I'm afraid I kinda want her just for that, as illogical as even I keep telling me it is. At least this means Sieglinde is bound to get a refinery option in the next update!

And...IS always throws a curveball in as the last unit of each banner - this time they picked one that not even hardcore SS fans could predict :P

Anyway, I kinda want all three units. The last time I wanted every character from a banner was the previous SS banner, funnily enough.

P.S. Weird, isn't it @Alexmender? :P

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

So many good vibes when reading the script from that game. SS is GOTY. Just every year.

Surprised at the hype people have for Myrrh's hone dragons. I feel like Fortify Dragons was always the more sensible buff because of the Lightning Breath meta, but if you can diversify your buffing, that's cool too. Adding any skills to the permanent pool is always great, even if everything's going to be 5 star locked. I'm also happy to see another valor skill enter the permanent summoning pool. Even if it's one of the more niche ones. Now I won't feel so pressured to pull for Christmas Tharja the next time she shows up.

Not too concerned about Eirika and L'Arachel's personal weapons because if their speed is at least decent they're gonna be blade tome users, let's be honest.

Eirika has Exp, not Valor.

Between Swift Sparrow and Desperation, I'm sure Eirika has good speed. Which just brings back a conflict I keep having: blade or cool personal tome, gotta pick one. If I get her, that is.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

I wouldn't call it selfish because I never said "I want Eirika instead of x". I wished for a seasonal variant of her with better stats and stuff and got what I wanted even if it came in such an unconventional manner. I understand that people are annoyed that she "took" the place of someone like Cormag or Gerik (although I want to say that even if she wasn't here there's no guarantee that you're going to get who you want, the banner could include something like Brave Amelia or something completely bonkers like a nameless npc, after all IS can be quite unpredictable). 

You have the right to be annoyed as this banner didn't bring what you wanted but at the same time I have the right to be happy because I got my favorite unit in the franchise, as long as I don't go saying things like "Eirika deserves to be here than x, y and z" I don't see the problem in being happy about having her in a new cool outfit and class.

Isn't Eirika already pretty good in this game though? I don't see why she needs an upgrade. I mean, I got a lot of flack for sending her home when I first got her... I later kept another 5 star of her that I pulled though, even though I pretty much never use her.

If you just want a seasonal of her because you like her though, okay, whatevs then...

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@AnacybeleSo? It's still another version of Ike, and contrary to your claims, you're still asking for another Ike. Him being an official reincarnation is an irrelevant technicality.

So, it's still an official incarnation of Ike with more of a reason to be in than some random horseback dark magic-wielding Eirika.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

At least L'Arachel has an argument for wielding Ivaldi.  Out of the three, I'm happiest with her.

Myrrh's voice doesn't sit right with me.  Otherwise, she looks like an interesting unit.  Would be interesting to see armors versus dragons, one day!

I'm guessing she sounds a little more mature compared to the other child characters, judging by her crit voice? I guess Myrrh has an excuse for being more serious, though. Otherwise, I like Erica Lindbeck's voice.

You know what sucks the most out of this banner. It's that I can't really S support this Eirika with Lyon since both are going to be red mages. Where's the team balance

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Shoot! I thought they were done with those useless skills.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They went with the choice that would get more whales to spend money on. Eirika is far more popular and marketable than Knoll ever will. I can see the same happening with Garm. 

lol, Ephraim wielding Garm. They would further break my heart by having him reference his teacher, Duessel in his castle quotes.

oh...oh I'm starting to think we won't see Duessel in this game. They wouldn't avoid putting Sean Connery in...would they?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

On the other hand - and apologies to those upset here and the logical side of me -  it's another Eirika!! I'm afraid I kinda want her just for that, as illogical as even I keep telling me it is. At least this means Sieglinde is bound to get a refinery option in the next update!

You know what - you do you.  If having another Eir makes you happy, go for it!

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Eirika has Exp, not Valor.

Between Swift Sparrow and Desperation, I'm sure Eirika has good speed. Which just brings back a conflict I keep having: blade or cool personal tome, gotta pick one. If I get her, that is.

I think Gleipnir is lackluster, so I'd go with -blade.

Just now, NoirCore said:

I'm guessing she sounds a little more mature compared to the other child characters, judging by her crit voice? I guess Myrrh has an excuse for being more serious, though. Otherwise, I like Erica Lindbeck's voice.

There's just something about her voice that grates on my nerves.  I'm not sure what it is, nor is it the fault of the VA.  It's just one of those weird personal preferences.

I'm a little surprised that it's coming this early, but alternates of characters already in the game on regular banners was an inevitability because there's a limited pool of popular characters for them to draw from and every banner has to have a popular character on it to drive whaling.

Clearly, they determined that neither Myrrh nor L'Arachel were sufficient for this purpose.  Marisa might have been, but they committed to her as the TT reward unit.  Those three are the three highest-placing Sacred Stones units on CYL1 not in the game.  So an alt Eirika is the correct choice to draw whales, really, as she was the most popular SS character on CYL1 if I remember correctly.  It was either her or Ephraim, certainly.

In the long run I'd more or less expect we'll get 2-3 versions at minimum of every character that's even remotely popular, to cover both reasonable variants and silly AU things like dark mage Eirika.  (For example, an eventual red sword Hector will surprise me little.)

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You know what sucks the most out of this banner. It's that I can't really S support this Eirika with Lyon since both are going to be red mages. Where's the team balance

But you can support Erika with Erika

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

i love that her weapon has a Def based Windsweep

It prevents a follow-up attack, not a counterattack.

And it works on both phases.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, thank goodness!! The first time I'll ever be happy to get a swordie from a TT after Marth!

Now onto the trailer. Ahem...

MYRRH!!!! HER ART AND VOICE ARE PERFECT AND HER DRAGON FORM LOOKS AS EPIC AS EVER! And they kept her as a flying unit with Hone Dragons AND A PRF WEAPON!! I'm glad to see IS treat their Great Dragons right :'3 i love that her weapon has a Def based Windsweep and the -breath refinement already built in (though the latter was a logical conclusion following the new dagger units).

It took me a second viewing to notice L'arachel was a Blue Tome. That, combined with her amazing voice and art makes me want to pull her now (I wanted to skip Colorless Hell before).

Eirika...Eirika.

You know what's creepy? I literally just woke up from a dream where IS released a new version of Eirika, which left me confused of where my CYL Votes should go. Of course she had an upgraded Sieglinde in the dream, but I'm still creeped out beyond belief!

Now onto Eirika herself: I don't understand why she's here (beyond IS trying to mentally disturb me) and before watching the trailer I was sure the in-game notification was a typo, and as warmed as I am by the implication that she studied Dark Magic to help Lyon I'm upset by what this means for Knoll. On top of that, she has a full kit which nowadays equates to boosted BST and a full kit (with Swift Sparrow, Desperation and Rally Atk/ Spd no less!!), so this is probably as good as a CYL Hero and I may give my remaining votes to Nino.

And...IS always throws a curveball in as the last unit of each banner - this time they picked one that not even hardcore SS fans could predict :P

Anyway, I kinda want all three units. The last time I wanted every character from a banner was the previous SS banner, funnily enough.

P.S. Weird, isn't it @Alexmender? :P

I know. She's not exactly the version dressed as Lyon but she still uses dark magic and all that stuff. Never in my wildest dreams I'd have expected the Eirika image I found 2 days ago would become a Heroes character. Crazy stuff!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't Eirika already pretty good in this game though? I don't see why she needs an upgrade. I mean, I got a lot of flack for sending her home when I first got her... I later kept another 5 star of her that I pulled though, even though I pretty much never use her.

If you just want a seasonal of her because you like her though, okay, whatevs then...

So, it's still an official incarnation of Ike with more of a reason to be in than some random horseback dark magic-wielding Eirika.

She's been struggling a bit lately with the inclusion of things like the hone spd seal which reduce her buffing niche and her atk isn't that high. She's still an excellent support unit with good mixed bulk to stand against two or three rounds of combat but with the amounts of high damage characters like Ayra/Mia/Siegbert/etc. who can also buff stats as they're not that dependent on seals she needs a little buff. 

Well.  That was a bit underwhelming.

Myrrh's adorable, and her functionality on both Flier and Dragon Emblem teams is pretty cool, but I already have a Flier Emblem trio (Elincia/Catria/Michalis) that all have Iote's Shield and I don't have enough 5-Star Manaketes for a Dragon Emblem team.

L'Arachel's okay.  She won't be able to replace my Reinhardt, though, so I might sacrifice her Skills to someone else.

Brave!Eirika really makes my head hurt, though, for reasons people have already stated.  I was wondering if IS must be desperate to expand the playable Mage Cavalier roster.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

You know what - you do you.  If having another Eir makes you happy, go for it!

I think Gleipnir is lackluster, so I'd go with -blade.

There's just something about her voice that grates on my nerves.  I'm not sure what it is, nor is it the fault of the VA.  It's just one of those weird personal preferences.

Yeah, it's not so much the power as the animation and significance. I have so many blade tome users already, but I do want to finish covering my bases.

10 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

There is no reason to be so negative. No one from Sacred Stones has gotten any sort of special version in Heroes to date. And tbh, they're not likely to appear in seasonal banners anytime soon.

I think this is an issue with Seasonals. Why must it almost always be Awakening and Fates that gets exclusively in? What difference would it really make if it was Chrom in bunny costume or Ike?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird... And yeah, well, tell that to the people that say "we don't need three Ikes" and yet say nothing about there being four Lucinas, three Camillas, and three Xanders.

...Uh, what? I fail to see where I insulted anyone here. I even said I wasn't trying to offend anyone. But if I did anyway, that wasn't my intent. Sorry.

I don't remember saying Oliver is a bad choice. Just someone I hate. Though I do think he should've been a PoR GHB, not an RD one. And RD Ike is at least an official second incarnation of Ike. Eirika doesn't have that.

Alright, fair enough.

And yeah, I'm not pleased with that either. I'm probably sending Marisa home when I get her. I have more than enough red sword units and she probably won't even be that good compared to who I have. We seriously need more TT units that aren't fucking red swords...

I would encourage you to take a few minutes and write your thoughts down in the feedback section of the app. Letting the developers know our thoughts on their decisions can make a difference. 

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Brave!Eirika really makes my head hurt, though, for reasons people have already stated.  I was wondering if IS must be desperate to expand the playable Mage Cavalier roster.

Ewan. Selena Flurospar (they're making Zelgius a pullable unit- she at least has the excuse of being playable in Creature Campaign, he is never).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Duessel has the facial hair we need more of in this game.

If it took nearly a year to have a second character with a mustache and with Ephraim being far more popular and now with Eirika using Gleipnir, Ephraim with Garm is very, very likely to get in over Duessel. 

@GlennstavosI can see that happening. He’ll most likely mention Duessel as the one who taught him to wield an axe. 

@AnacybeleAgain, I find that an irrelevant technicality. It's more worthy to exist in the game because it actually happened? How is this still not counting as you asking for another Ike? In fact, if it weren't for this banner, I'd say RD Ike only deserved to be a TT reward in the same vein as Masked Marth. Mage Eirika gives RD Ike a chance at a banner with his own stats and skills.

Edited by NoirCore