Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

They can use Ewan for that. 

Does this game even like shotas? How many are in compared to how many aren't? Compared to the loli situation, where it feels like they've been burning through the supply, shotas sit on the same bench as the old, the male, the nerdy, and the ugly.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Like going to a job interview and being told to screw off when all you did was walk in the front doors...

Can Knoll file a lawsuit on the grounds of sexism? Is there a better word for looksism?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

(Prf weapon has Windsweep effect without denying the user from performing follow-ups based on Def rather than Spd)

Her weapon is the opposite. It prevents follow-ups, not counterattacks.

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

Ephraim with Garm? Watch them release Axe Cavalry Amelia instead. 

It’s possible but the Sacred Twin weapons in FEH seem to be tied to royalty and with Gleipnir Eirika being a thing, Garm Ephraim is almost a lock now and the most likely weapon he’ll have if he wins CYL2. 

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

God, getting Mae to speed creep Celica for a guaranteed double attack was pain enough already. I don't want to have to do that again for Eirika if Eirika is anywhere near as fast.

Especially because I had a +8 Mae back then and I'm definitely not going to have a +8 Larchel or Lute for this one. I suppose Innes might work... if they ever release another 4-star with Atk/Res Bond.

Considering Glepnir, Swift Sparrow and Desperation are in this Eirika’s base kit, it looks like she made to double. Your Mae might need some insane Res, because I don’t see her doubling.

A Wary Fighter Blue Armor with Distant Counter might be the best bet against her.

Edited by Water Mage

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Why are people worries about Knoll when we have Minerva and Michaelis? No shame in sharing uninheritable weapons

Minerva and Michalis were in the game since the beginning though. Even Alm, who shares Falchion with 3 other lords, took a few months to get into the game himself.

Some other food for thought on why we got a new Eirika instead of something else:

With this banner and the upcoming TT, we have almost every non-3DS character in the original CYL's top 100 in the game now (still missing FE6 Lot).

Edited by Reiska

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Minerva and Michalis were in the game since the beginning though. Even Alm, who shares Falchion with 3 other lords, took a few months to get into the game himself.

If he does get into a banner then it would be the "sorry we screwed you over" banner

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Considering Glepnir, Swift Sparrow and Desperation are in this Eirika’s base kit, it looks like she made to double. Your Mae might need some insane Res, because I don’t see her doubling.

A Wary Fighter Blue Armor with Distant Counter might be the best bet against her.

My current Mae has 54 Spd with 2 adjacent allies, a buff from Hone Spd 3, and the Speed +3 Sacred Seal.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her weapon is the opposite. It prevents follow-ups, not counterattacks.

Ah, remembered wrong. My bad.

@silveraura25

And then there's...

Falchion: Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Alm, masked Marth

Dire Thunder: The Reinhardt, Olwen

Blazing Durandal: Brave Roy, Eliwood

Dark Aura: Delthea, Linde

Dark Excalibur: Sonya, Merric

Divine Naga: Deirdre, Julia

Divine Tyrfing: Sigurd, Seliph

Edited by Roflolxp54

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Or TA3 Nowi. With Forged Lighting Breath and QR 3.

Hey, 27 Res against a resisted attack isn't that bad, and that's just Nowi with -Res and a +Res Lightning Breath.

Also Myrrh's Bonfire added 19 damage, so... what is that, 38-39 Defense with Fury 3? That's pretty good.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

An other reason to use My Mathilda Berkut Lance Distant Counter QR 3.

Myrrh and L'Arachel were an evidence

Eirika is a terrible dispointment. I love his art and this character but imo she just stole the role and the spot from two NEW SS Characters(Selena if they really need a Mage Knight...and Knoll if they really need a wielder of Gleipnir... or other popular character in FE8 like Cormag)

Or TA3 Nowi. With Forged Lighting Breath and QR 3.

Hey, 27 Res against a resisted attack isn't that bad, and that's just Nowi with -Res and a +Res Lightning Breath.

Wonder if Micaiah could give it a shot as well - Micaiah is a blue tome user with high Res and her prf tome is anti-cavalry.

Oliver may work as a budget choice though he'd definitely want Red Tomebreaker or Quick Riposte.

Ah, I'm torn.  I have 260 orbs saved up, but I'm not sure whether I want to try for someone on this banner or not.  I recently decided that I would try to spend my orbs more wisely (for characters I really want or merges on characters I like to use), and SS is not one of my favourite FE games.

Thoughts:

• I was quite surprised to see another Eirika.  I don't really have much of an opinion on that.  I guess it would have been nice if they gave that spot to a male instead?
  • I think L'Arachel should have been a staff user.  :P:  (I know I'm in the minority.)
  • The art looks great.  Thumbs up!

I do like Eirika, though... And Myrrh looks good. 

I'll have to think on this some more.  Throwing some orbs at it wouldn't be too bad... but... Legendary banner coming up... :unsure:

Myrrh looks amazing and I hope I can summon her (but I won't because green orbs are a myth).

RIP Knoll. I actually liked your character.

I'm rather bothered by what they're doing with Eirika. It's a given that they'd eventually have to reuse characters (and we already have seasonals for that) but when there are still so many original characters left to add, it's absurd to make up random "Brave" versions. Part of what makes Heroes special is that you can use characters who would never make it into another crossover because they are popular enough. What IS is saying now is "Nope, they aren't popular enough for our game either." IS can do better than this.

45 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I just realized that “anamnesis” means “remembrance”. This banner’s name is “Sacred Memories”...hmmm, maybe this is a post-game Eirika that learned Dark Magic in honor of Lyon’s memory? I mean, Lyon was the one who fucked up in first place and it’s kinda his fault that a lot innocent people died, but I can see Eirika doing that.

That's like Eirika saying "In honor of my friend who ruined his life with crystal meth, I too shall take up crystal meth."

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I myself am not that angered by the decision of G!Eirika, but are any of you sending feedback for this. Hmm. Better make a poll or something.

I will. I want to collect all my favorites, not use 4 versions of the same main characters.

Oh, good. No obscure character is ever getting into the game again if their weapon can be attached to someone more popular, and I don't even get a single cute boy to drown my sorrows with. I'm amazed that they managed to disappoint me with a banner that has L'Arachel on it, but somehow those magnificent goons pulled it off.

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wonder if Micaiah could give it a shot as well - Micaiah is a blue tome user with high Res and her prf tome is anti-cavalry.

Oliver may work as a budget choice though he'd definitely want Red Tomebreaker or Quick Riposte.

There's always the chance that we're overthinking things and that we can just throw Reinhardt at our problems like always.

At the end of the day, it is still a ranged Cavalry we're fighting.

Hm... Clair might be a good counter to. Azura could also work as well as being a dancer, though bot would need Distant Counter to get Eirika on enemy phase...

Oh, good. No obscure character is ever getting into the game again if their weapon can be attached to someone more popular, and I don't even get a single cute boy to drown my sorrows with. I'm amazed that they managed to disappoint me with a banner that has L'Arachel on it, but somehow those magnificent goons pulled it off.

You, ah... that could have been worded better.

Edited by Xenomata

There's always the chance that we're overthinking things and that we can just throw Reinhardt at our problems like always.

At the end of the day, it is still a ranged Cavalry we're fighting.

Hm... Clair might be a good counter to. Azura could also work as well as being a dancer, though bot would need Distant Counter to get Eirika on enemy phase...

Rise of the TA3 Red Tomebreaker Ravenhardt meta.

@Water Mage @Xenomata @RuleOfRose

Celica had 47 Spd with Ragnarok boosts and Hone Spd 3 or Rally Spd, 38 Spd before stat boosts. Mae at the time had 52 Spd with all of her buffs (must've been +9 with Speed +1, then).

Eirika would need 50 Spd after all buffs to avoid a double attack from my current Mae, meaning as long as she also has 38 or lower base Spd (before Gleipnir, Swift Sparrow 2, and Rally Spd), Mae will still double attack her.

Or I can intentionally let Mae have damage on her so that Gleipnir's effect isn't active.

Not particularly in love with the banner (all the artwork looks really nice though!). I have a bit over 100 orbs saved (thank you Micaiah for coming so quickly), and I don't know if I want to throw them all to the ever bloated red. I have SO many red units too, I don't really need another one, but Eirika looks soooo good. I don't even know WHY they put a second Eirika but I like this one more than the first one, so part of me really wants her. And part of me doesn't wanna waste the orbs. So I might do a couple red snipes then give up.

Maybe I'll see what else comes up and snipe near the end. Idkkk. Also if Lyon is red mage, I definitely won't need Eirika. Hmmmmmm.

In hindsight, I could see them holding off on Knoll because Lyon is right around the corner, but they still had other options. Duessel and Cormag would have been great and there is always Ewan (and Tethys if you want a unique dancer) for a red tome option. Just not Eirika, and not her using Grado's weapon.

Is this the only same sex banner outside of the bridal one? That feels kind of strange, considering there are plenty of male Sacred Stones units left.

I'm going to have to echo the sentiment that "Brave Eirika" coming out like this is...bothersome. Right in the middle of the CYL voting, too.  

Looks like I'm only pulling Myrrh. Or not. I just need to pull another Hector for DC to feed to Fae.

I'm glad for the people that like Eirika but I'm not a fan of this decision to include a special version of her.

EDIT: While a CYL voting is going on at the same time.

Edited by saisymbolic
clarification

welp, lets be real guys?
stop voting for Eirika, we don't need another Eirika that's for dang sure
This banner seems interesting, myrrh seems strong, but is also vulnerable to falchions+bows. Interesting
Need to see Eirika and L'Arachels statlines before i can make a case for them
Myrrh most likely has like 32+ def of some sort (too lazy to do math but i think its close to 34 or 35 if it's rounding up from bonfire)
Throw a steady breath on her and she ain't dying anytime soon. You can make a case that putting Lightning breath on her probably isn't worth. Not sure if DC is worth on her but i'm sure some whale will do it regardless