Will they add FE16 characters in just before it gets released?

Corrobin

The first SOV banner was released a week before SOV itself, but it's worth bearing in mind that aside from Faye, the characters were in the original game and had therefore been around for decades. So Alm was able to get Falchion without really being much of a spoiler, for example. So they might not release the FE Switch characters quite that early.

I do have to wonder about when it'll be coming out. Have we heard anything since the original announcement, now a full year ago? I'm surprised there hasn't even been a proper trailer yet.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

The first SOV banner was released a week before SOV itself, but it's worth bearing in mind that aside from Faye, the characters were in the original game and had therefore been around for decades. So Alm was able to get Falchion without really being much of a spoiler, for example. So they might not release the FE Switch characters quite that early.

I do have to wonder about when it'll be coming out. Have we heard anything since the original announcement, now a full year ago? I'm surprised there hasn't even been a proper trailer yet.

Its only a matter of time probably in early February then by release at least for JP they'll promote some of the characters.

8 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

Yes but Camilla will also be there 

True words.

I think the banner will be released before the game  is out, so it can be promoted.

Edited by Morswo

I'm pretty sure they could get released the Switch title banner probably on the same day as the Switch title gets released since the game is going to be coming on 2018, I think we'll might see either Q3 2018 or Q4 2018. I'm pretty sure we could see the first main protagonist and will might have 3 comrades can come with him/her.

Edited by King Marth 64

Inb4 FE16 is a SS remake and we got the newly improved Great lord class

I can see them doing that, but I think they wouldn't come until like 1 month before FE16 releases. That helps to keep the hype train going and also gives a small preview on the personalities of a few characters, and then a month or two after the release give another banner of the same game to advertise it to potential late buyers.

I don't know.

Echoes is kind of a different case because it was a remake. Its characters were established beforehand, even if not many knew about them. I'm not sure if they'll really put in FE Switch characters beforehand. Maybe around the same time it releases but not before.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

There's been zilch about it since that name drop over a year ago.

I had hoped there might be something this month, but that hope grows dimmer by the day.

"To celebrate the release of latest Fire Emblem game, we're relaunching the Fire Emblem Warriors special maps for a limited time only!"

And FE16 will be a Fates prequel starring good-guy Garon.

If it were to happen, it'd have to be early game weapons- so no legendaries unless they don't have to be earned like the royal brothers' in Fates. A rapier or rapier-esque weapon might therefore have to fill in. The selected characters would obviously have to be taken from the earlier part of the game, including the villain if a GHB was planned, so it wouldn't likely be the ultimate villain. The character quotes would be forbidden from delving into anything spoilerish about the characters themselves, so no signs of their later development and events- only from what they are at the beginning of the game. A later rendition, ideally at least 6 months after the release, would have to fill in the endgame villains and bring the legendaries and experienced MC later.

So, it would be possible, and workable for FEH to feature FE16 before its official release. But could IS restrain itself here? Or would we learn that Prince Amarden is secretly a Macalor and can use the Verisig?

They definitely will, but preferably a week after it is released because they will probably contain some spoilers. Depending on the differences in the release dates between Japan and everybody else we might get spoilered either way, but it is the thought that counts. Most likely it will the week before or the week of.

The potential problem I see if a week early of release like say for JP first would be certain Lord/Avatar/Major Character/s having Legendary weapons spoiled especially if it's a complete version that players are not supposed to know yet so a week after release could be possible also the gap for the oversea release maybe but then again I doubt IS really care for spoilers especially after the Zelgius reveal.

They celebrate the new realease with a GHB of the endboss from the new game. Of Course the Endboss was a supporter of the Protagonist and betrayed him in a plot Twist.Which will be explained on the character profile in FEH.

Honestly, at least I want to expect from IS that they have mercy with us. Case Zelgius is understandable, because maybe they just didn't thought that it would interest Gamers after 10 years.
And I'm not mad about it. What I'm more mad about is that they for whatever reason never put PoR and RD on VC.

Only thing is the problem with his reveal is for the newer players that never played the tellius games yet especially when those games are hard to get and should be on VC already but this is IS so I wouldnt be surprised if the new characters has spoiler legendary weapons unless we get early info on them of who wields what but endgame powered up stuff probably.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn