What would you want out of a FE6 Echoes?

Corrobin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd like to see the Hasha no Tsurugi characters, either in an altered main storyline or in a Hector-Mode-esque alternate route available upon beating the game. Other than that…you know, I think I'd like another Mila's Turnwheel considering how obnoxious it got keeping freaking Shanna alive while trying to level her.

41 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

To not exist, period. 

Harsh.

Personally I'd want it to be a single game with 7, so you can just play one really really long game, plus minor growth changes to charters who have living parents in 7 and inheritance, but nothing so big it changes the unit massively, just makes one that bit more likely. Maybe a bit more of a hint on getting to the X chapters so your not having to look up a guide every 2 chapters. And the as the other person said, a Mila turnwheel type thing just to save the soft resets

I'd want it to be a 7+6 bundle. Characters who appear in 7 but not 6, such as Lyn, Sain, and Fiora, could appear throughout 6's story and join Roy. They could even have the pairings from 7 effect how and when they join. For example, if you have Hector and Lyn marry, then you encounter Lyn on your way to save Lilina and she joins your party. If you have Rath marry Lyn, then you encounter Lyn with Sue and she joins your party then.

Characters who are confirmed dead, such as Canas, and characters that die in 6, like Hector, could be bonus characters post-game, sort of like Creature Campaign in Sacred Stones. 

3 hours ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Personally I'd want it to be a single game with 7, so you can just play one really really long game, plus minor growth changes to charters who have living parents in 7 and inheritance, but nothing so big it changes the unit massively, just makes one that bit more likely. Maybe a bit more of a hint on getting to the X chapters so your not having to look up a guide every 2 chapters. And the as the other person said, a Mila turnwheel type thing just to save the soft resets

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd want it to be a 7+6 bundle. Characters who appear in 7 but not 6, such as Lyn, Sain, and Fiora, could appear throughout 6's story and join Roy. They could even have the pairings from 7 effect how and when they join. For example, if you have Hector and Lyn marry, then you encounter Lyn on your way to save Lilina and she joins your party. If you have Rath marry Lyn, then you encounter Lyn with Sue and she joins your party then.

Characters who are confirmed dead, such as Canas, and characters that die in 6, like Hector, could be bonus characters post-game, sort of like Creature Campaign in Sacred Stones. 

It pains me to be that guy, but I really fail to see what good can come of having the Elibe saga as one game... I think the workload would be too much. Also, I highly doubt inheritance would have a place here.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I don't think that FE6+7 would work as a single game. Calling FE7 a prequel is a bit misleading - sure, it plays in the same setting and the main characters were/will be present in FE6, but the plots don't really have anything to do with each other. Both are ultimately about preventing dragons, but the Real Enemies in both games are completely different entities, and it's not like Eliwood, Hector, and Roy had any significant role in the respective other game.

I think I've said before that I wouldn't mind a Tellius-style connection between the games where you can get a few minor bonuses and/or additional dialogues if you connect a Echoes!FE7 save file with Echoes!FE6.

Two things.

1) Roy's promotion isn't so late into the game

2) The Armor units are more viable and useful, I guess what I want for them is better bases and growths that make sense for armors. Plus higher movement as FE6 has some fairly large maps.

1 hour ago, SavageVolug said:

Two things.

1) Roy's promotion isn't so late into the game

2) The Armor units are more viable and useful, I guess what I want for them is better bases and growths that make sense for armors. Plus higher movement as FE6 has some fairly large maps.

Second that, although the maps size should be reconsidered instead of the movement speed. Every unit has low defense growth, sadly armor units as well.

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Some things that come to mind:

• Roy's promotion isn't mega-late in the game
  • Rebalance the weapon types and units
  • Fix the support system

Swords did feel like the best choice in the triangle, it should be more balanced. I'd keep the Swordmaster and Berserker critical bonus the way it was in Binding Blade.

Supports should be like in Sacred Stones.

17 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Swords did feel like the best choice in the triangle, it should be more balanced. I'd keep the Swordmaster and Berserker critical bonus the way it was in Binding Blade.

Supports should be like in Sacred Stones.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "supports should be like in Sacred Stones", but it's highly likely I'm going to disagree. Thinking about it, they could afford to dial back the Swordmaster/Berserker critical bonus as well...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

From a narrative standpoint, it makes no sense for Lyn to join alongside Sue even if her appearance wasn't due to pairings in the FE7 remake, should this hypothetical FE6 remake be bundled with an FE7 remake.

However, if the FE6 remake and the FE7 remake do indeed end up sharing a cartridge or something, I would like it if Lyn appeared in Sacae in maybe even another paralogue. And also if she ends up having a unique conversation with Lilina, similar to what Ced gets with Lewyn in FE4, with even similar conditions such as requiring a Hector/Lyn A/S support to happen. (Though Lyn's other pairs would get some acknowledgement in this in a few lines of dialogue here and there with Lyn's other potential children, it would be Lilina that would have the most significant interactions with her.) Said conversation could have her explain her disappearance as trying to stop Bern's army before it reaches Lycia, get heavily wounded in the process, and forced to lie low in order to recover. I have another idea that I would like to see implemented alongside all this. But I dunno.

However, I also saw a neat idea on another FE fan community. And this idea involves Lyn's appearance itself being dependent on who she married in the FE7 remake portion of the game. Like for example, actually get killed off when married to Eliwood. (Again, this isn't my idea.) If married to Kent, Rath, or no one, have it so that she's mentioned to have disappeared without a single word, and revealed to be alive all along and recruitable only after Roy's army reaches Bern. (Alongside her spouse, if any.) If going off of Lyn's paired ending with Florina, introduce Florina in the Ilia chapters, or introduce Lyn in the Sacae chapters and have it so that both of them join in Bern after answer a request one makes to the other to join Roy's army. And lastly, if married to Hector, Lyn shows up at Araphen alongside Hector. And knowing that the two of them are in a losing battle, she buys time for herself and Hector, and the two of them use that time to make a brief escape from the Wyvern Generals, but are unrecruitable due to their sustained injuries. Both of them appear as NPCs at Ostia, helping the player obtain Durandal more easily. And at the end of the Ostia chapter, Lilina gets to say goodbye to her father before he succumbs to his wounds. Lyn decides to remain behind and recover, and Eliwood becomes the acting leader of the Lycian League. And after she recovers, she joins in Bern.

I also would like to see a conversation between Roy and Lilina that's unlocked by them having an A support with each other. With the context differing depending whether the conversation takes place in Ilia or in Sacae, with the former focusing a little more on Roy, and the latter focusing a little more on Lilina.

Probably wishful thinking, either way. But I just thought I'd voice my thoughts here.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:13 AM, Garlyle said:

Also there should be more paired ending, it's not fair to give it only for Roy and the potential brides.

I second this. I want a paired ending with MY favorite Binding Blade ships!

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 3:36 AM, Garlyle said:

Second that, although the maps size should be reconsidered instead of the movement speed. Every unit has low defense growth, sadly armor units as well.

Oh yes please! Keep the critical bonus, and actually have a reason to have a high Luck stat in this game. Actually, now that I think about it, this seem to be one of the few games where having decent Luck is actually beneficial, or even necessary. Not only to avoid the big crits, but also considering how Avoid is being calculated, and with Enemy Luck actually existing too.

As for other bits of gameplay, I think Leadership stars (either one from Thracia or Tellius or a modified version) and Lord-based skills from Fates should be added for Roy, and actually make a viable case for using Roy regardless of his stats. It would be nice if his strategic/leadership intelligence is integrated into gameplay. Leadership bonues and skills from enemies, between former enemies can come into play on Hard and upwards, with better enemy weapons (read more usage of crit-boost and effective weapons besides bows), and unit placements to discourage steamrolling with, say, Milady, Rutger etc. For Lunatic and upwards, resentment reverse-supports with negative stat penalties and negative leadership stars between former enemies also come into play, so you need to play your units even more carefully to avoid sabotaging your own units, and at times, you'll need to know the situations which Perceval, Milady, Rutger etc become outright liabilities (in terms of teamwork), regardless of their high stats.

For weapon-wielding capacity and attack speed penalty, I'd like to see a combination of Constitution, Strength/Magic, and Weapon Skill to be used. Adrenaline can also be added as a temporary boost (a la Awakening!Robin's "I'm in top form today!") I'd like to see a bit of trade-off in whether using a more powerful weapon or a lighter one, but I'd also like to see how units with less constitution overcome their disadvantages.

For the story, extra tidbits of story could be added. For example, throughout his expeditions, Roy can regularly correspond with Eliwood and Ninian/Lyn/etc to ask how Zephiel turned into such a lost cause. Roy can also send spies and envoys across Elibe to gather intelligence and to find out what happened between Zephiel's assasination and up to his reign as king, and eventually find out about the awful truth about the Scourage in the process.

New lines from old characters can be added depending on whether they are deployed or otherwise. For example, on Chapter 11 in the Ebracum route, Saul/Dorothy can mention that the Emiline Church's religious inspectors assigned to the area has gone missing. If they survived, then they found out that Oro (the chapter's boss) has ordered assassinations to preserve his power and wealth. In Chapter 19 of the Sacae routes, Rutger reflects back on his time in Bulgar and how he finally came to terms with the tragedy that struck his family, as they fell to the Berninans. If Rutger survives, then he'll visit his former home to make amends; if he dies, then Roy and Co leaves a tomb to farewell Rutger.

Finally, tweak Narcian's story a bit: instead of falling to Roy's Army in Chapter 16, Narcian escapes if the player took over a certain number of turns to finish said chapter. After the original Chapter 16 and Chapter 16 Paralogue finishes, Narcian enlists Jahn's help in which the latter unleashes an army of Manaketes onto Aquleia, trying to burn and pillage the city as his last attack of desperation, determined to drag down Roy and Co with Narcian. The new chapter 16A is a defend chapter; if Narcian, Jahn and Co destroys either a certain number of buildings in the city, the royal palace, or St Emiline's Tower, or if they kill too many NPCs, then the Etrurians give up their fighting spirit, and Roy's campaign is lost. Aside from defending, Roy and Fae can convince some of the Manaketes to stop fighting - as it turns out that said Manaketes are enslaved and forced to fight. The chapter ends with Narcian brought down by an angry horde of mobs from the resistance, or from the now-freed Manaketes, and Jahn escaping back to Bern.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 3 weeks later...

I think a remake of Binding Blade has a massive amount of potential. I’ve played it recently and it’s currently my favorite game now. There’s some things that can be fixed for sure, like character balance and some map design.

- Concerning the units themselves, give axe/bow users a reason to be used, give people like Gwendolyn/Sophia/Cecilia/Juno actual bases, and adjust the growths (just a little).

- Make the Sacae route more appealing. Chill on the fog of war, fix up the maps where it’s just an open field, etc.

- Bridge the continuity between 6 and 7 significantly. Part of the problem with 7 was it opened a new can of worms simply by being a prequel, specifically that it introduces more questions than provides answers (though to be fair there wasn’t much that needed to be answered). Where is everybody? What happened to the Black Fang? What became of Caelin? It’d be nice to know the whereabouts of Eliwood’s army, encountering them on Roy’s journey and maybe even a couple joining, though only a few as most of the FE7 cast is probably no younger than 35. If they aren’t afraid of some lite retcon, they could even confirm some fan theories such as Oswin being Bors/Wendy’s father, Shanna/Thea/Juno being the cousins of Florina/Farina/Fiora, etc.

- Considering all the remakes added OCs, I think it’s fair that some get added here too, especially one who’s a member of Black Fang (whether it was disbanded, revived as a “new” group, whatever they chose to go with this), another member of the army, a side villain, and (if they want to get ballsy) a child of Lyn.

- Have longer, elaborate supports. Some of them were composed of eight sentences! Relating to this, please make them easier to trigger instead of taking eons. Paired ending supports such as Klein/Thea, Fir/Noah, Rutger/Clarine etc would be nice too. Roy can’t have all the fun!

- Seeing as there’s a ton of characters from the original and likely more will be added, optional grinding should be allowed, whether it’s used for level ups or supports.

- Have the beginning reworked a bit, it starts a bit too abrupt. Maybe have it ease in by having a longer scene before Castle Pherae gets attacked. For newcomers it might even be a good idea to have a tutorial chapter put before the first chapter.

- Let Roy have the option to promote earlier so he’s not dead weight by the midgame.

- By now it’s likely a given but voice acting plz!! If anyone’s interested I even have a list of my dream VA cast that I could post in another thread. ^_^

Well that’s all from me. I’m sure some will heavily disagree with my ideas, but hey it’s just my dreams. :P

Edited by SilvertheShadow

- Eliminate the support point limit per level (which I believe is around 120)

- Adjust the minimum growth rate to 10%.  No more of this 5% nonsense

- I don't think off-story (Sacred Stones-esque) grinding maps are necessary as you already have the arena, and adding them in would make the game too easy (by encouraging save scumming and over-leveling).  I personally find the current way fine as is.

- Implement fixed growths on higher difficulties to root out any save scummers trying cheese through Hard Mode and up (play Fates on Lunatic and you'll know what I'm talking about)

- No more S-ranks with multiples weapons.  ONE. That's it.

- Allow thieves to promote into Rogues; where they retain their 6-move, FOW vision, and are given the Lockpick ability

On 3/26/2018 at 11:06 PM, anniec8711 said:

- Eliminate the support point limit per level (which I believe is around 120)

- Adjust the minimum growth rate to 10%.  No more of this 5% nonsense

- I don't think off-story (Sacred Stones-esque) grinding maps are necessary as you already have the arena, and adding them in would make the game too easy (by encouraging save scumming and over-leveling).  I personally find the current way fine as is.

- Implement fixed growths on higher difficulties to root out any save scummers trying cheese through Hard Mode and up (play Fates on Lunatic and you'll know what I'm talking about)

- No more S-ranks with multiples weapons.  ONE. That's it.

- Allow thieves to promote into Rogues; where they retain their 6-move, FOW vision, and are given the Lockpick ability

I'm honestly surprised that you didn't mention improving the game balance. The number of units that are either outclassed or useless is appalling...

On 1/25/2018 at 8:23 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Rebalance the weapon types and units

I believe you mentioned this already so I didn't feel the need to say it again.  I would however love to hear your suggestions on re-balancing :D:

The one thing I truly want in a future remake of Binding Blade is to focus solely on Roy like they focused on Alm and Celica. And I really mean, not including an avatar unit. They even mentioned this when remaking Fire Emblem Gaiden https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-devs-on-going-forward-with-the-remake-considered-adding-newer-elements-from-the-series/

Roy is his own tactician and as a leader, he's very gifted. This is proven as he studied tactics in Etruria and had them executed well as he progressed through the story.