Is Thracia 776 really good?

DarkMage73

2 minutes ago, DarkMage73 said:

The story, plot and characters are important in FE and most RPG´s, most people would settle for a decent story like most FE games, but Dates goes too far, the story, characters and plot are not only AWFUL but cringy, I would feel completely embarassed if my family saw me playing that shit. Also, even Conquest gameplay is far to be the best in the series, I would say that even Sacred stones is better than it, besides, it seems like you are a fan of anime girls.

Alright, can you stop please? The topic question was ''Is Thracia 776 really good'' not ''I'll describe how bad fates is.'' All you're doing now is insulting us for liking fire emblem fates. I apologize for going off-topic, but I am going to have to ask you to stop. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DarkMage73 said:

The story, plot and characters are important in FE and most RPG´s, most people would settle for a decent story like most FE games, but Dates goes too far, the story, characters and plot are not only AWFUL but cringy, I would feel completely embarassed if my family saw me playing that shit. Also, even Conquest gameplay is far to be the best in the series, I would say that even Sacred stones is better than it, besides, it seems like you are a fan of anime girls.

FYI, I'd say Sacred Stones manages to outshine both Jugdral games, and I have a boatload of issues with that game as well. Anyway, neither the story, plot, nor the characters interest me about Thracia. And I'm getting really inclined to stop taking you seriously with your incessant misnaming, and the fact you're stooping so low as to insult those of us who like Fates.

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Alright, can you stop please? The topic question was ''Is Thracia 776 really good'' not ''I'll describe how bad fates is.'' All you're doing now is insulting us for liking fire emblem fates. I apologize for going off-topic, but I am going to have to ask you to stop. 

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

FYI, I'd say Sacred Stones manages to outshine both Jugdral games, and I have a boatload of issues with that game as well. Anyway, neither the story, plot, nor the characters interest me about Thracia. And I'm getting really inclined to stop taking you seriously with your incessant misnaming, and the fact you're stooping so low as to insult those of us who like Fates.

I did'nt insult anyone, I did'nt say that Levant or any person who likes Dates is a casual weaboo faggot or anything like that, I just was insulting Dates, so I would urge you to calm down.

3 minutes ago, DarkMage73 said:

I did'nt insult anyone, I did'nt say that Levant or any person who likes Dates is a casual weaboo faggot or anything like that, I just was insulting Dates, so I would urge you to calm down.

And that's supposed to be any better? Seriously??? And that's ignoring the blatant lies.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 minute ago, DarkMage73 said:

You said ''You must like anime girls', among other things. You are using personal attacks to prove your point. And as I said, this is not the topic of this topic, so stop!

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

You said ''You must like anime girls', among other things. You are using personal attacks to prove your point. And as I said, this is not the topic of this topic, so stop!

Stop putting words in my mouth, I said that it SEEMS like he likes anime girls because of his avatar and profile, and MAYBE Dates is his favorite game because of that, even if it is true, it is not a insult like calling him a weaboo or anything like that

Just now, DarkMage73 said:

Stop putting words in my mouth, I said that it SEEMS like he likes anime girls because of his avatar and profile, and MAYBE Dates is his favorite game because of that, even if it is true, it is not a insult like calling him a weaboo or anything like that

I'm not even going to answer this. Like someone said earlier, this thread should be locked.

2 minutes ago, DarkMage73 said:

I'm not going to dignify this with a response. Instead I'll concur that this thread has just crossed the line where it needs to be locked.

I've yet to finish Thracia, but I will say this. If you're looking for a casual playthrough of a FE game then you should't play it. There are many mechanics that are unexplained requiring research before playing and they are constantly putting the player in a state of disadvantage. You learn from your mistakes whenever you have to reset. Concerning the "how badly done the game is" statement, it reflects the player's skill whenever a NPC or unit dies. When you see an ally in danger, don't turtle. You have to rush to save them. Thracia was designed to be difficult and punishing. Kaga didn't design it to hold your hand.

Thracia is my favourite FE game because of it's unique features, but I would't necessarily call it the best FE. It has it's flaws, but it is fun to play if you like being at a disadvantage.

33 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I've yet to finish Thracia, but I will say this. If you're looking for a casual playthrough of a FE game then you should't play it. There are many mechanics that are unexplained requiring research before playing and they are constantly putting the player in a state of disadvantage. You learn from your mistakes whenever you have to reset. Concerning the "how badly done the game is" statement, it reflects the player's skill whenever a NPC or unit dies. When you see an ally in danger, don't turtle. You have to rush to save them. Thracia was designed to be difficult and punishing. Kaga didn't design it to hold your hand.

Thracia is my favourite FE game because of it's unique features, but I would't necessarily call it the best FE. It has it's flaws, but it is fun to play if you like being at a disadvantage.

It still has several design mistakes. I like the game and it gives me nostalgia, but I acknowledge it is not good at all.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'm not going to dignify this with a response. Instead I'll concur that this thread has just crossed the line where it needs to be locked.

If going offtopic annoys you and the other guy, maybe I should make a thread called "I'll describe how bad Dates is" in order to get it all off my chest

1 minute ago, DarkMage73 said:

If going offtopic annoys you and the other guy, maybe I should make a thread called "I'll describe how bad Dates is" in order to get it all off my chest

I don't think that is going to get you much friends. If you really want bad blood go ahead. I won't even bother with a response before reporting it.

46 minutes ago, DarkMage73 said:

Even for FTTF standards... which are really low... this would be disqualified.

The worst is that's not the first thread about the Judgral games which ended this way. 

Anyways I have said enough here.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

I don't think it was really designed to be difficult, but it is certainly punishing to the unexperienced player. The game can be straight up user-unfriendly on the first playthrough. Once you learn the tricks of FE5, such as abusing staves and the progression of some of the chapters, it's not really bad at all (aside from stuff like the Xavier recruit which will eternally remain a pain in the ass).

We've already had enough people trashing Fates, a game I don't like, since it came out, so please spare us.

Edited by Tryhard

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

In my humble opinion, being difficult is one thing... But there's a difference between being difficult in a way that provides legitimate challenge and being difficult in a way that gives rise to frustration. And if you're actively punished for going in blind, I'd say that's a design flaw.

Dates, you say?

Healthy 5-Ingredient Granola Bars

Author:
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Serves: 10 bars
Ingredients
  • 1 heaping cup packed (~220 g) dates, pitted (deglet noor or medjool)*
  • 1/4 cup (84 g) maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan)
  • 1/4 cup (64 g) creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1 cup (112 g) roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped (see instructions for roasting nuts)
  • 1 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
  • optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.

Instructions
  1. Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a "dough" like consistency. (Mine rolled into a ball.)
  2. Optional step: Toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Otherwise, leave them raw - I prefer the toasted flavor.
  3. Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl - set aside.
  4. Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
  5. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily. (A loaf pan might work, but will yield thicker bars.)
  6. Press down firmly until uniformly flattened - I use something flat, like a drinking glass, to press down and really pack the bars, which helps them hold together better.
  7. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
  8. Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars (or 9 squares). Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. I kept mine in the freezer to keep them extra fresh, but it isn't necessary.

Notes
*Although not ideal, if your dates don't feel sticky and moist, you can soak them in water for 10 minutes then drain before processing. This will help them blend better and hold the bars together better. But ideally, you can find fresh, sticky moist dates.

(source)

In other words, no matter how much you despise Fates, at least have the maturity to call it by its proper title, and understand that we on SF are more than familiar with its flaws.