Weapon Refinery Update for February 7th

Callisto

The following Heroes will get character exclusive weapons:

Caeda: Wing Sword

Hinoka: Hinoka's Spear

Raven: Basilikos

Felicia: Felicia's Plate

The following Weapons will now be able to be strengthened in the Weapon Refinery:

Eckesachs: Zephiel's Weapon

All Falchions. Falchion upgrades are divided into three groups, 1st Group is just Normal Marth, 2nd Group is Lucina, Chrom and Masked Marth, 3rd Group is Alm.

The four new character exclusive weapons previously mentioned will also be refinable.

Which upgrades are you guys excited for? Tbh I think I'm most excited for Caeda's Wing Sword, as I use her a lot on my second flier team and I hope it improves her a considerable amount. Marth's Falchion is another upgrade I'm looking forward to, as he was my first 5* unit and I used him a lot early game but now he just kinda collects dust as he's overshadowed by many other swords.

Edited by Callisto

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, RockinNova said:

Yes! I'm really excited for Felicia's plate. I've been trying to build her up and be more useful, all she really needs is an attack buff. 

Same! I've had this 4* Felicia that's been waiting for promotion, and it seems like she'll get it if the Plate is pretty good.

I hope that the Falchions all get Renewal 3, a power boost on a certain stat, and also gives them something awesome new skill. I personally am hoping for a Dragon Breaker skill so that they can counter the Dragon Emblem team even better than before.

I'm hoping that Alm's upgrade is inspired by Double Lion...so a 16 might Brave weapon w/a Killer weapon effect.  Definitely fair and balanced.

I have a hunch that Hinoka's Spear might be an upgraded Brave Lance, as that's what her original weapon is. Hinoka's Spear in Fates is nothing special, and it's effect that is provided in Fates is something that is not easily replicable in Heroes, as the only benefit it provides is +10 Avo. This all leads me to believe that we might see an Amiti-like Hinoka's Spear for Hinoka, but tbh, the fact that Hinoka's Spear is also refinable, makes me doubt that this will actually be what Hinoka's Spear is. I'm still hopeful though!

Didn't know the new weapons would be refineable. Definitely anxious for more info on behalf of Raven and Felicia. If Felicia's plate is a weapon that targets the lower of the opponent's Def or Res, it'll really help her with the mage killer role. 

Felicia's getting a buff, huh?  Interesting.  I had already heard she was a good magic wall and I have a couple of 4-Star Felicias lying around as potential Glacies fodder, so maybe, just maybe I'll consider training/promoting her sometime.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Felicia's getting a buff, huh?  Interesting.  I had already heard she was a good magic wall and I have a couple of 4-Star Felicias lying around as potential Glacies fodder, so maybe, just maybe I'll consider training/promoting her sometime.

Yeah, she's already a great unit if you play to her strengths. It will be interesting to see how this expands her options. I'm also excited to see what they give other units in the future.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Thanks

I wonder if that would help her if that was the case.

If it simply targets Res, then it'd mostly be worse for her. If it works like dragon breaths, targeting the lower of Def or Res (as some people are speculating), then it would be pretty amazing.

7 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Poor Myrr got just released and the Falchion units are getting buffed.

I've gotta say though I'm kind of Excited for Caeda's winged sword.

Given how powerful Dragon Emblem teams will be because of Myrrh, I can understand why Dragon slayers need the extra buff, especially with the dreaded dragon known as Nowi around. 

Hoping that Wing Sword will be like the Wing Spear, dealing bonus damage to cavaliers and armored units. 

41 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Didn't know the new weapons would be refineable. Definitely anxious for more info on behalf of Raven and Felicia. If Felicia's plate is a weapon that targets the lower of the opponent's Def or Res, it'll really help her with the mage killer role. 

17 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, she's already a great unit if you play to her strengths. It will be interesting to see how this expands her options. I'm also excited to see what they give other units in the future.

If it simply targets Res, then it'd mostly be worse for her. If it works like dragon breaths, targeting the lower of Def or Res (as some people are speculating), then it would be pretty amazing.

If Felicia’s plate does indeed work like a dragon breath then she can potentially deal with units like non-dc armor or cavalry units as they tend to be low res

Edited by NegativeExponents-

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

If Felicia’s plate does indeed work like a dragon breath then she can potentially deal with units like non-dc armor or cavalry units as they tend to be low res

Why doesn't Robin have his Levin Sword?!

Also, hold on a second... so basically we can expect units to actually get brand new weapons just right out of the bat? Like the staff units get a new staff weapon? 

How many units do you think would get that kind of weapon upgrade?

Felicia’s new weapon better not target Res. Her role is to soak magic and kill tome users, and by doing that it makes the niche useless. I’m hoping it will have an effect similar to refined dragonstones, where it targets the lesser defense. Some people say that’s too overpowered but it shouldn’t be on someone like Felicia whose attack is as low as it is.

Caeda’s pretty easy to speculate. Her weapon will pretty much be a sword version of Thani. That should help out a lot. 

Raven getting Basilikos is very... weird, but I’ll take it. At least that means once Firesweep Axe comes around it’ll go straight to Legion.

My Hinoka is blessed with good IVs but I’m not that into her. Maybe her new weapon will change things.

Falchions desperately needed an upgrade, especially Marth, Chrom, and Alm. Interested to see the unique effects of each.

If Zephiel gets DC for his weapon refinery I’ll be salty beyond belief.

18 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

If Zephiel gets DC for his weapon refinery I’ll be salty beyond belief.

RIP all those Hectors that were sacrificed to a Zephiel. They shall be remembered. XP

Also, I can’t believe they still haven’t announced an upgrade for Binding Blade.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

RIP all those Hectors that were sacrificed to a Zephiel. They shall be remembered. XP

Only had 3 Hectors in my entire run of Heroes. All with the same IVs (how the hell is that possible?). One I still have and use. One I offered to Lucina. And the next one I offered to Sigurd. 

I thought anniversary would be a good opportunity to refine Binding Blade, but I guess not. 

Hopefully Eckesachs gets a really good upgrade, I want it to be something that makes him good alone, not just dragon buffs or whatever people are joking about.  This update is really good though, and judging by the four units to get new prfs being of different colours, they seem to plan on giving lots of different units prfs in the future.  It'd be nice if Laslow or Sophia got something but the chances of that happening are below 0 haha

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Daggers already do that to begin with. I don't see how that's a bad thing unless Felicia was supposed to a mage killer?

10 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

I thought anniversary would be a good opportunity to refine Binding Blade, but I guess not. 

Hopefully Eckesachs gets a really good upgrade, I want it to be something that makes him good alone, not just dragon buffs or whatever people are joking about.  This update is really good though, and judging by the four units to get new prfs being of different colours, they seem to plan on giving lots of different units prfs in the future.  It'd be nice if Laslow or Sophia got something but the chances of that happening are below 0 haha

I'm guessing that later in the future more underwhelming 5* characters might get personal weapons like Athena,  Clair, and Mathilda. Something to give them a niche.