Mobile games recommendations?

MisterIceTeaPeach

Heroes was very first mobile game. Since I really enjoy(ed) it, I'm interested in more mobile RPG gachas. I also have Tales of the Rays, but unfortunately not really played yet.

Does anyone here know about one or two more mobile games which are somewhat from the RPG genre where characters from the same series but different parts are merged(except Pokemon GO)? Thanks in advance!

Hm…that's kind of a specific game-type request. I guess Kingdom Hearts Union Cross Unchained X counts? It's a decent game, especially if you like KH. Other than that, I don't really play mobile games either, so I'm afraid I can't be more of a help, sorry.

Mobius Final Fantasy!

It's very much a RPG.  The gacha part is playing dress-up with your Blank (a silver-haired guy) and getting his abilities.  The game has an awesome tutorial that will dump several good jobs/abilities on you.  From there, explore the world of Palamecia, and take the time to check out the crossovers.  FF7's one is currently active.  There's also multiplayer, which I don't recommend doing for a long, LONG time.

The downside is that it's extremely grind-heavy, and it's really big (over 2 GB and counting).

I second the Fate/Grand Order recommendation. Its currently my favorite mobile game, and it seems like it'll retain that place for quite a while. It has good gameplay, nice music, and a solid storyline unlike FEH. Events are fun, useful, and at a good pace so that there's just enough downtime between events. While obviously rolling the high rank, limited time characters and stuff is desirable, it is definitely not necessary. Almost any unit can be viable with the right amount of love put in, and special quests to strengthen some of the more lackluster units are available and often released so the powercreep is nowhere near as bad as some games. The downsides to it are 1) It can get kinda grindy sometimes, 2) The salt is pretty high (5* units have a freaking 1% drop rate), and 3) There's no European release so if you're over there you'd have to use some sort of funky method to play it.

7 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

I second the Fate/Grand Order recommendation. Its currently my favorite mobile game, and it seems like it'll retain that place for quite a while. It has good gameplay, nice music, and a solid storyline unlike FEH. Events are fun, useful, and at a good pace so that there's just enough downtime between events. While obviously rolling the high rank, limited time characters and stuff is desirable, it is definitely not necessary. Almost any unit can be viable with the right amount of love put in, and special quests to strengthen some of the more lackluster units are available and often released so the powercreep is nowhere near as bad as some games. The downsides to it are 1) It can get kinda grindy sometimes, 2) The salt is pretty high (5* units have a freaking 1% drop rate), and 3) There's no European release so if you're over there you'd have to use some sort of funky method to play it.

come to the SF fate grand order thread. There's no salt.

10 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

There's Fate/Grand Order. Different characters from the Fate/ series all in one game. No prior knowledge about the series needed.

Yeah FGO is incredibly decent. You get a ton of goodies and freebies starting out, all characters are usable, and it's easy to jump into. There's constant events/new character releases and a rather slow power creep. Hell, it's got new stories and expands on preexisting Fate lore while still not requiring you to know anything about the series. It's pretty balanced in the sense that you don't need to spend a penny to have any fun or to beat the game.

Furthermore, it's easy to pick up and play but it still has some level of depth to it. Especially once NA catches up to JP and we get the harder content. (It's also a waifu simulator)

Oh and there's also pokemon shuffle.

Edited by Czarpy

42 minutes ago, 豊聡耳 神子 said:

What funky method do I need to download Fate / Grand Order outside of US?

Also downloaded FF mobius because it's the only series I have somewhat knowledge of.

download the apk into your phone. the NA version is in english, but the JP version has all the current content. Although I'd say go with the NA version since you've got the JP timeline to help you prep for limited events and event servants you'll really want. A good example is the upcoming limited event on type moon's Kara No Kyoukai series with a limited servant Shiki Ryougi that only gets released once and is one of the best servants in her class in the game.