Skill Ideas Thread

Hawkwing

There are some good skills in Berwick Saga that I would like to see. (Obviously they could have some modifications to make them fit better, but the idea behind them is whats important.)

Desperation (Axe units) - Attack with increased HIT but reduces your def to 0 and gives your opponent 100 hit.  (Maybe change it to -10 to your def?)

Aim (Bow units) - Attack with increased HIT but only usable if you don't move. (Maybe change this to a damage increase.)

Hurry (???) - +1 Movement for the turn, but can only wait.

Hunter (Bow units) - Ignores enemy terrain bonus in forests.

Camouflage (Thieves) - 1.5x terrain bonuses

Guard (Palidan) - Target adjacent ally unit, until either user or target moves, whenever an enemy attacks the targeted unit, user is attacked instead. (Something to Replace the shelter skill they get if rescue is brought back as a normal mechanic. Maybe make it always impossible to counterattack when using this skill, regardless if the enemy was attacking the user or the guarded unit.

Edited by Popers1328

35 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

There are some good skills in Berwick Saga that I would like to see. (Obviously they could have some modifications to make them fit better, but the idea behind them is whats important.)

Desperation (Axe units) - Attack with increased HIT but reduces your def to 0 and gives your opponent 100 hit.  (Maybe change it to -10 to your def?)

Aim (Bow units) - Attack with increased HIT but only usable if you don't move. (Maybe change this to a damage increase.)

Hurry (???) - +1 Movement for the turn, but can only wait.

Hunter (Bow units) - Ignores enemy terrain bonus in forests.

Camouflage (Thieves) - 1.5x terrain bonuses

Guard (Palidan) - Target adjacent ally unit, until either user or target moves, whenever an enemy attacks the targeted unit, user is attacked instead. (Something to Replace the shelter skill they get if rescue is brought back as a normal mechanic. Maybe make it always impossible to counterattack when using this skill, regardless if the enemy was attacking the user or the guarded unit.

Are these all from Berwick Saga? I haven’t played it yet, but these all sound like really interesting ideas. I also like that they’re not proc skills, which I think the series needs to get rid of entirely.

52 minutes ago, Modamy said:

Are these all from Berwick Saga? I haven’t played it yet, but these all sound like really interesting ideas. I also like that they’re not proc skills, which I think the series needs to get rid of entirely.

Yeah, they are. Berwick Saga does have some proc skills though. It also has skills that have cooldowns like Astra (starstrike) can be used when you want, but only once every 7 turns and at the start of the map it isn't ready to be used.

You can see them all here: https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Berwick_Saga_Skills 

Battles in Berwick Saga are quite different so the examples before are just ones that I thought would translate better but there are other good ones too

Parry - Proc skill that reduces damage at the cost of the equipped weapon's durability

Provoke - Use instead of moving, target unit within 5 spaces will only attack user

Marksman - Range +1 on bows but -15 HIT

Wrath/Vengeful - Proc skill (Damage Taken x 3%) - Double HIT and add damage taken to your attack. (Could replace the useless vengeance skill dark mages get.)

Many of these skills could be taken from Berwick Saga and changed a bit to fit Fire Emblem and I think they would be great.

Guard (General) - If unit is adjacent to an ally, said ally takes 5 less damage from the first attack every battle. This only triggers during the Enemy Phase when the ally is initiated upon.

Clear Mind (Dread Fighter) - Unit is immune to stat reducing effects (from shuriken/staves/etc), except those that reduce Hit/Avoid.

Lightbringer (Light Mage...or whatever) - Unit steals 10 Hit/Avoid when facing an Undead enemy(s).

Animafaire (from some kind of Anima Mage) - Unit deals increased damage when using an Anima Tome.

Hierarchy (from an enemy-only Lord class) - Unit steals 10 Hit/Avoid from enemies with a lower level than unit.

Intimidate (Berserker) - If unit naturally deals more 5 more damage than the main enemy does to unit, that enemy deals 5 less damage. This only triggers when the unit is alone or is the attacking unit in an Attack Stance.

I might have more later, who knows XD

EDIT: Spear Formation (Soldier) - Triangle Stances are more effective at defeating armies.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Personal Skills:

Spoiler

Triangle Attack: If unit initiates combat and foe is surrounded by unit's two siblings, grants hit/crit+999

Popular: Allies within 3 spaces gain Luck+3 at the start of each turn.

Free Running: If unit has no allies within 2 spaces, grants Hit/Avoid+30 and doubles terrain effects.

Untrustworthy: Unit may initiate combat with allies.

Class skills:

Spoiler

Blowdown (wind mage): Unit may move an adjacent foe one space away from unit. If foe is moved into inaccessible terrain, foe is instantly defeated. No effect on foes with movement of 0.

Confidence (Cavalier): If unit's HP is higher than foe's, grants +5 damage.

Starlight (Bishop): Unit hits 5 times at 50% damage. 50% of damage dealt is healed by unit.