My Predictions on Fire Emblem Switch.

Basically there is no new news quite yet about Fire Emblem Switch 2018, False Leakers actually are speculating that the new game will have some stuff that they might like, but I don't care, I have my own predictions on Fire Emblem Switch.

Multiple paths with different goals.

This is a feature I would like, if you choose do one goal you go one route, if you choose to do another you go to an alternate route, just like in Binding Blade, certain conditions needs to be reached, and the Stronghold must be seized, it would be like in one chapter, if you Route the Enemy, you'll go to one route, but if you defend a stronghold, you go to the alternate route, it would be like different stories to make the game more interesting.

Better Villains.

Echoes had great villains, and Berkut was no exception, but in Awakening, and Fates, the villains in those games sucked, Validar, Grima, Garon, Iago, Hans, and Anankos were pretty bland villains, so if a better villain has a great purpose, then it will be a great story, and one of the best villains in the entire series.

Multiple Endings.

The previous games had the exact same ending, I am not counting any character endings, I'm counting story endings, but Binding Blade had different endings, and if they do Multiple Endings, then it will be a great addition to the game, and I hope none of the endings have wasted potential, it will depend on how well you do in the story, in all 3 Stories of Fates, you get the exact same ending.

Longer and Better Story.

Radiant Dawn had a very long story, split into 4 parts, and the game was hard as hell, having the story longer will make it more enjoyable, heck if they can make Fire Emblem Switch longer than a Final Fantasy Game, I want it will take a lot of time and effort, to make it the absolute best story in the series.

Better Characters.

Basically Echoes had my favorite cast of characters, we got Gray, Kliff, Mae, Lukas, Saber, but some the protagonists in Awakening and Fates were bad, Corrin was by far one of the worst protagonists in the entire series. If they manage to pull off a great protagonist just like they did with Ike, Marth, Alm, Lucina, and Hector, then it would be awesome.

3rd Tier Classes.

It was a great addition to add 3rd Tier Classes in Echoes, and Radiant Dawn, Radiant Dawn had a bigger cast, and a lot of 3rd Tier Classes, while Echoes had the Gold Knight, Dread Fighter, and Bow Knight classes, but the Overclass DLC actually broke the game, with the Guru, Yasha, Harrier, etc. So returning 3rd Tier Classes would be great.

I can't say for sure, but it's just my opinion. What are your theories about Fire Emblem Switch?

Edited by TheXGamer

Having another game as long as RD and with 3rd Tier Classes would be a dream came true, also i'm hoping we will have more than one lord, and hopefully not all of them will be sword users, i would love a magic lord really, we don't have much of those. 

this sounds more like a wishlist than a prediction list "better characters" is something we all want, not something that is necessarily guaranteed, since its dependent on the writing. Same can be said for "better villains".

I personally can't wait for more player worship and waifu bait to further make me lose faith in IS' ability to make the game even remotely interesting, or for it to basically be a 3ds fire emblem now in HD, they tout about like its impressive or will improve the experience, then we get on about even more realistic jiggle physics to improve the... um strategy.

then the talks of unifying the fanbase come, constantly going on and on about finding a way to make old fans and modern fans get along even though both have very different ideas of what makes a good fire emblem.

it will be applauded as the greatest of all the series by game journalists, who have never heard of anything prior to that weird ds game that they can't remember anything about other than it being very very bad.

they will also attempt to butcher tellius lore by retconning the luguz into their game and being all like "this is where they really came from", with a discount Ike esque character, constantly missing the reason why people even liked the character, and also throwing in another lucina, and the main lord, will be forgotten, much like chrom never maintaining enough popularity to go anywhere save for the games he is required to show up in.

also avatars, just avatars.

also they will try to explain the whole blue haired lord thing even though no one cared to know nor did they ask.

watch this be spot on, god will I be sad.

I have some not-so-optimistic predictions for the next game

-Mysterious, beautiful yet anti-social and reserved girl has the power to destroy or subjugate the world, or knows how to use whatever artifact (maybe the Fire Emblem?) capable of the same feat. Gets kidnapped by bad guys in Chapter 6 not long after you've met her, gets rescued by good guys in Chapter 15. Now joins your army as a unique class - probably the refresh unit or the manakete character, and the rest of the story is your army cleaning up whatever mess she had a hand in making or failed to prevent.

- If there's an avatar character, everybody loves you. And the only characters that don't love you are brainwashed by the real villainous force revealed late into the story. And in general, I expect being able to recruit a lot of characters that previously were villains in the story but have been swayed by your Shonen charms.

- If S supports and children make a return, they will probably continue to be bad for the same reasons we always complain about.

- Related to the last point, but still a grander issue, paralogues will still serve to only recruit new characters rather than expanding on the world, existing characters, or lore.

- There will be a female character that fans decide they hate before they've played the game. 

I've also got some fairly optimistic predictions for the next game

- The most balanced roster of characters, classes, weapons, and skills we've ever seen in a main game. Count on it.

- Much more responsible DLC practices and amiibo usage.

- Either the main lord or avatar character will be one you could totally imagine a cool moveset for in the next Smash Bros. Because they'd be crazy not to be considering that with how well that series markets Fire Emblem games.

- The CG cutscenes will be 3D animated. They will focus less on introducing characters and more on cool or plot important scenes. In other words, more like Radiant Dawn and Awakening, less like Fates and Path of Radiance.

- 3D character models will look finely detailed and well proportioned for fight scenes. BUT these models will not stand in for character portraits and the occasional CG image, those aren't going away.

- No more voice snippets. Fully voiced lines return...but they'll compromise and make it so some lines just aren't voice acted in order to save on budget. If S ranks and children return, then Supports in general won't feature voice acting. If explorable towns make a return, I could see them making those lines silent unless they relate to the plot or a side quest. 

Yeah I doubt 3rd tiers will be back honestly it doesn't need to imo but for me I'm gonna be more logical with my prediction in saying:

Likely

-Marriages/S-Ranks:(including the Kids and bunch of people will be upset again about the reasoning if its similar to how Fates did it but it won't be that much of a big deal again.

-Avatar: still with some worship from other characters(I don't mind this) and new Skinship mode maybe with Joy-Con interaction.

-VA: like Echoes but Supports might be silent for saving time keep for new Skinship mode, confession scenes and the Story events.

-My Castle: with a different name similar to Fates but more in depth and can 3D roam with our character.

-Skills: Easy one

-Pair-up: Another easy one

-Better Villains: Echoes set the bar improving villains I can see that keeping momentum.

-Better Story: self explanatory

-Alternate decisions: like Fates but more in a single story sense with map objectives and maybe recruiting characters.

-New Lucina/Azura: Beautiful, quiet, Stoic, anti social girl that'll be popular day 1.

-New Tharja/Camilla: lets be real poor girl will get a few hate but will be very popular day 1.

-Much better 3D models: Similar to FE Warriors but softer detailed shading similar to Awakening/Fates cutscenes.

Could happen

-Pre Fates WT: not impossible but might not.

-More Chapters/Paralouge: With Switches stronger capabilities they might make it long but might depend on the story progression.

-More World Building: would like more of this.

That's all I have atm.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

50 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

- There will be a female character that fans decide they hate before they've played the game. 

- 3D character models will look finely detailed and well proportioned for fight scenes. BUT these models will not stand in for character portraits and the occasional CG image, those aren't going away.

for the first one, are you referring to camilla? because I remember seeing way more people loving her after that first trailer than not. so it seems that everyone has sinned to some degree in that regard.

and on the second one, I agree, I don't want them to be using the 3d models in place of portraits and CG images and I don't think they would 3d models don't normally look good when you look at them for extended periods up close.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

for the first one, are you referring to camilla? because I remember seeing way more people loving her after that first trailer than not. so it seems that everyone has sinned to some degree in that regard.

Probably not... I think he's referring to Faye.

23 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

and on the second one, I agree, I don't want them to be using the 3d models in place of portraits and CG images and I don't think they would 3d models don't normally look good when you look at them for extended periods up close.

19 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Probably not... I think he's referring to Faye.

Ooh, great guess, Faye is exactly who I was thinking of. Though thinking more about it she's a bit of a special case since the Japanese version of Echoes was leaked and data-mined about two weeks before release in that region. The buzz around Faye before this point, at least on this site, was much more neutral and hopeful. Even so, I think it's reasonable to predict fans will pre-emptively target one female character based on artwork and/or pre-release bios. I've read enough character studies and debates to know the people here can be very vocal about how they think women should look, think, and act. Of course I'm always hoping to be wrong about my not-so optimistic predictions!

I don't understand why everyone hates Corrin. I really enjoyed the character and felt like I related to her, to be completely honest. The siblings interactions with her I didn't always care for, though.

Anyway, on the actual topic. I'm interested in what styles they'll use for the character artwork. Echoes was a step away from the more cartoony style of Awakening and Fates, and in my opinion was some of the best designs in the series (New Mystery was actually my favorite). Hoping they continue down that path, but I don't think they will.

Edited by dmurr

Outside my list I can see 1 surprise or 2 added maybe a past feature rarely used but overall it'll have the stuff that Awakening/Fates with some of Echoes 3D environment usage had for I$ to earn great money.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I suppose they will switch to 3D portraits in conversations, fully animated with movement and maybe lipsmoving. Maybe some conversations will have more movement and will almost look like a cutscene ? That's what i think  "the characters will feel more alive" means.

If i remember correctly, there is a series of games with 2D portraits that changed to 3D for this reason too.

There also are chances that there is more exploration. They wanted to do it in Fates but couldn't, did the dungeons in echoes, and it was the main feature of the abandonned wii fire emblem.

I have no doubt Fire Emblem Switch will surprise us, and in a good way.

22 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I suppose they will switch to 3D portraits in conversations, fully animated with movement and maybe lipsmoving. Maybe some conversations will have more movement and will almost look like a cutscene ? That's what i think  "the characters will feel more alive" means.

If i remember correctly, there is a series of games with 2D portraits that changed to 3D for this reason too.

There also are chances that there is more exploration. They wanted to do it in Fates but couldn't, did the dungeons in echoes, and it was the main feature of the abandonned wii fire emblem.

I have no doubt Fire Emblem Switch will surprise us, and in a good way.

That's true I see more 3D exploration being a thing and improved on in like a new My Castle maybe if world map is still a thing we can traverse villages and cities that'll be a big scope I'd love to see! 

I predict a longer story because the last time they did a FE game on a console they made both of them pretty long. It will probably be better because even FEH is currently better then Fates worse. They just need to reign in their ideas, and not cause another Team A and Team B situation. Other then that we will get the same character archetypes we have been getting so far, but maybe toned down. We for sure are going to get another stripperific female character with big assets that is going to be sexualized at least a little. FEH sure is showing them how popular those characters are with both Tharja and Camilla having multiple VG wins. The big bad will be ridiculously evil again, but hopefully the side villains have a little nuance to them. We see this with Echoes and FEH, where Berkut and Veronica are better then Jedah/Duma and Ganondorf Surtr. I really want to see another split in the main characters in the same vein as Echoes, but treated as equals this time.

As for gameplay, we might see the return of 3rd tier classes if the game is long enough to justify it. We will defintely see more 3D exploration, and the return of the support system but hopefully toned down so not everyone marries everyone. I also want some canon couples, and no flipping kids.

If they do want to make units more customizable then I had an idea of having each individual unit be able to undergo some sort of training that eventually leads to them gaining one stat related to that skill. Depending on the class and personality of the unit they will gain stats quicker in certain areas then others. To balance this we'd have Echoes form of level ups and a limit on the amount of training a unit can do in between each story chapter/story related battle. There are probably a lot of problems with this (feel free to point them out) but it was just something I thought up of because I really don't want kids back, and customizability is the main reason why people want them back.

56 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I hope not. I'd prefer if the 2D portraits stay because I have yet to see a 3D portrait that looks better then the 2D ones. Especially since the majority are just like the 2D ones except with exaggerated movements most of the time. You have your angry one, sad one, happy one, neutral and thinking ones, etc... If they want to have 3D cutscenes then that is a different matter. I'd still like some animated moments, but good 3D cutscenes can get the message across a lot better then a bunch of portraits (2D or 3D) ever could. That seems like the direction they are going  with too.

58 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That's true I see more 3D exploration being a thing and improved on in like a new My Castle maybe if world map is still a thing we can traverse villages and cities that'll be a big scope I'd love to see! 

I believe that the dungeons in Echoes were a concept test for more non-grid based shenanigans. I hope it creates some more role-playing situations for this JRPG series.

• 4 months later...
On 2/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, DefyingFates said:

If there are multiple protagonists, I really hope the female(s) isn't completely overshadowed by the men by the end.

I'm fully on board with this. I was of the opinion that Elincia should have been the main protagonist of the Tellius games, along with Micaiah for RD. I still like Ike, but I would still prefer Elincia. We need more female mains who aren't trivialized.