New FEH Channel livestream airing on 1/30 at 7:30 PST

Armagon

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If it's Camilla, why not make her a lance? Could she use them in Fates though? I know wyvern lords could in Awakening.

Why not have her launch missiles? That's why people voter for her :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If it's Camilla, why not make her a lance? Could she use them in Fates though? I know wyvern lords could in Awakening.

Yeah, Wyvern Lords (which Camilla has to reclass into since she starts as a Malig Knight) have axes/lances in Fates as well. Perhaps they could have Camilla cosplay as Hinoka and make her a pegasus knight that makes even the likes of Cordelia, Elincia and Tana look small-time in comparison. Personally not that what I'm about to say should be a surprise to anyone, I'd like it if she imitated Leo and gets made into a mage cav. Dark Mage was Camilla default reclass option in Fates, so it'd have some semblance of justification one that doesn't involve glitching the damn game to it unlike Eirika.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

If the CYL results are announced tonight and Camilla wins, when I log in here next I hope that there isn't yet another thread where people are arguing about Camilla's boobs.  They're big.  We know.

I think people who hate Camilla are more obsessed with her boobs than people who like her.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What I'm wondering is what kind of unit they're going to make her.  The easiest thing to do would be to model Brave!Camilla after her Warriors appearance as a Malig Master, but she'd probably need a non-Green weapon to stand out from her other variants.  Alternatively, they could make her an Axe Cavalier with Bölverk as her personal weapon, as Garon apparently fought on horseback in his youth if FE Cipher is to be believed.

I can't decide which I'd hope for most with her. Bölverk would be pretty sweet for her to get, but I'm not sure how they'd do it. If she were another flier, like every other version of her so far, she'd likely straight up powercreep her old self which I'm not too keen on. So if she did get Bölverk, I think I'd like to see her as an infantry unit. I'd expect she'd basically be like Dorcas if they went that route. A DC axe but with a bonus skill attached and maybe a special B slot skill. Otherwise, a Wyvern Lord lance flier would also be welcome. I doubt they'd take anything from Warriors, so I think Malig Master is probably off the table.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I think people who hate Camilla are more obsessed with her boobs than people who like her.

Hate is a strong word, more like dislike. I mean lets be real, she isnt winning Voting Gauntlets or the CYL voting or getting specials seasonal versions of herself because of her stunning personality, relativly compared to other female or male FE chars.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Hate is a strong word, more like dislike. I mean lets be real, she isnt winning Voting Gauntlets or the CYL voting or getting specials seasonal versions of herself because of her stunning personality, relativly compared to other female or male FE chars.

Sure, her design gets her a lot of fans too, but to discredit the rest of her is silly. Performance as a unit, design, and personality/supports are all important. (not to mention focus in the story) She's an amazing unit in her game and has carried tons of people through tough chapters, has a flashy and attractive design, and plenty of people enjoy her unhinged but protective personality. Plenty of people focus on her design, but it sure seems like people who dislike her bring it up even more than her fans. People who don't like something being more vocal as usual.

If there's somebody with design carrying them hardest, that'd be Loki, as she literally has nothing to go on but her boobs so far. (though to be fair people also want to push making her and the other girls to be playable, too)

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Sure, her design gets her a lot of fans too, but to discredit the rest of her is silly. Performance as a unit, design, and personality/supports are all important. (not to mention focus in the story) She's an amazing unit in her game and has carried tons of people through tough chapters, has a flashy and attractive design, and plenty of people enjoy her unhinged but protective personality. Plenty of people focus on her design, but it sure seems like people who dislike her bring it up even more than her fans. People who don't like something being more vocal as usual.

What one person considers "flashy and attractive design" is what another person considers "wtf is this???" For every person who enjoys an unhinged but protective personality there are plenty of people who are completely put off by personalities like hers. It's quite possible that her haters focus on her design because they feel that's the only reason she's getting away with being so popular, and that if Camilla were a flat-chested modestly dressed girl with her exact same personality people would not like her or defend her or pay as much attention to her as they do now.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

What one person considers "flashy and attractive design" is what another person considers "wtf is this???" For every person who enjoys an unhinged but protective personality there are plenty of people who are completely put off by personalities like hers. It's quite possible that her haters focus on her design because they feel that's the only reason she's getting away with being so popular, and that if Camilla were a flat-chested modestly dressed girl with her exact same personality people would not like her or defend her or pay as much attention to her as they do now.

People are allowed to have their own opinions, there's no problem with that. But she gets brought up relatively often and the complaints usually boil down to "I don't like people liking what I don't like." I don't find Celica such a great character and she's made it into first place, but I don't really see the point in complaining about people loving her. She's the most recent female lord, has a nice design and plenty of people like her character even if I didn't, so it's not that surprising.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

People are allowed to have their own opinions, there's no problem with that. But she gets brought up relatively often and the complaints usually boil down to "I don't like people liking what I don't like."

Well that attitude in itself is an issue, yes, but let's not pretend that's the only reason there are complaints about Camilla and why she gets brought up.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well that attitude in itself is an issue, yes, but let's not pretend that's the only reason there are complaints about Camilla and why she gets brought up.

Pretty much either it's her design or that she has too many alts in heroes. I don't even argue over the latter being true, but that's on IS. Of course I'm personally happy to get more of her since I like her, but I certainly understand the people who get upset and want others to get alts. That goes for Fates/Awakening dominating the seasonals in general.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, you are aware that Echoes is a remake, right? Celica is not new, she's been around since 1992, I believe.

Yeah, but remake or not it's still the "newest" FE game. Obviously there's a huge recency bias. I don't think anybody would say Echoes characters would be that high if it was still just going off Gaiden. (yes, recency bias helps Camilla and everyone Fates/Awakening too)

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, but remake or not it's still the "newest" FE game. Obviously there's a huge recency bias. I don't think anybody would say Echoes characters would be that high if it was still just going off Gaiden. (yes, recency bias helps Camilla and everyone Fates/Awakening too)

Yeah, you're right, I just wasn't sure if you were thinking Echoes characters were new aside from the actual new ones like Berkut and Faye. My bad then.

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

I like Chrom best but I don’t even think boys are pretty 

Everytime I read your posts I get the feeling you are a middle-aged FBI agent trying to weed out the Humbert Humberts of this esteemed forum.  Gentleman, be on guard!  I advise you to close your DMs immediately until the threat has passed!

Pietro Boselli is a very pretty man.  You could start there, I suppose.

@Sunwoo I see you're not big on delicious flat chest. 

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

6 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Kindly refrain from pinging me with statements that have absolutely no meaningful response.

How about we settle this Camilla debate once and for all?  One Camilla fan and one Camilla hater will face off in duel, like Pechorin and Grusnitsky.  The setting will be a small ledge, just large enough to take three steps before turning around and firing a shot.  The ledge will overlook  a steep ravine with sharp rocks, so the loser will almost certainly fall to his death.  Heads or tails goes first.  It's the only way, guys.  This stupid debate has gone on for almost three years; it's time.

I hope we get some word on expanding the 3* pool or demoting existing units into it.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

hope we get another barracks expansion perfect in time for the Legendary Hero banner

That would be nice.  I'm not at the limit yet, but it's always good to have room to expand.

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

She had axes and tomes in her default class.  She needed to class change for lances.  If Camilla wins, I hope they keep her as a Tome Flier.  We still need a non-seasonal flier mage.

25 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

pietro boselli is so fkin hot, UGH

As for my thoughts on the livestream... idk.... i wasn't gonna post until i saw this post and had to say somethng!!!!!!!!

I just hope one of the units I like is a part of the legendary summoning banner. I'm hoping for Azura or Faye! And another chance at Gunnthra would be nice. OH and I also hope some of the summer units are on it! I'd LOVE to have Summer Corrin; I haven't gotten any of the limited time flying tome units... I missed Camilla, Corrin, and Nowi :(

New modes would also be cool

Honestly I just want the askr trio to get something since they're as much a focus as the returning characters whether it be refined weapons,seasonals, or potential promotions I'll be satisfied though a new game mode would be nice. That being said I want to delay the inevitable with CYL results this time around, because someone is gonna wind up angry no matter who gets second for guys and if Camilla is the victor people are gonna have more pointless debates that always devolve into arguments over her boobs and generalizing everyone who likes her.

30 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Everytime I read your posts I get the feeling you are a middle-aged FBI agent trying to weed out the Humbert Humberts of this esteemed forum.  Gentleman, be on guard!  I advise you to close your DMs immediately until the threat has passed!

Oh yeah? Guess what! 

I don’t even know why Humb Humberto is!! Or Pierrot! 

8 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

How about we settle this Camilla debate once and for all?  One Camilla fan and one Camilla hater will face off in duel, like Pechorin and Grusnitsky.  The setting will be a small ledge, just large enough to take three steps before turning around and firing a shot.  The ledge will overlook  a steep ravine with sharp rocks, so the loser will almost certainly fall to his death.  Heads or tails goes first.  It's the only way, guys.  This stupid debate has gone on for almost three years; it's time.

I don't think you understand the impact Camilla has had on the series as a whole. There's a really well thought out post on Reddit that breaks down the issues with Camilla, Tharja, and Loki. You ought to read it if you genuinely want to know why people have a problem with them (and if you don't know nor want to know, then you should probably stop talking). Here's an excerpt:

The problems with Camilla’s character arise in her characterization with her obsession, how it complements her design, and a lot of the implications it comes with. At her core, she fits into a sort of motherly caring archetype who dotes on her family and cares deeply about them, and isn’t afraid to kill for their sakes. But her fanservicey design doesn’t really play into this at all, and when it DOES play into the way she’s characterized, it’s horribly shallow, superficial, and ultimately tasteless. Probably the worst of this is in her Corrin support, which mostly just amounts to her constantly asking to bathe with her sibling in a way that ultimately just creeps Corrin out in a really gross way. What were the writers even trying to accomplish with this? It doesn’t come off as cute or endearing at all (not like Camilla’s support with Elise, which is actually pretty good), and it’s just extremely creepy the way she approached everything. These two manga pages actually take it WAY too far, to the point where Camilla comes off as a borderline sexual predator. The only reason this support was written was for the sake of fanservice, to sexualize Camilla in literally the easiest and most effortless way possible without even giving a second thought to any of the implications with the way she acts. Nothing about her sexualized design is tied to ANYTHING about her character other than the throwaway fanservice bits such as “she likes bathing”, and all of these are used extremely poorly.

Camilla has an extremely sexualized design, and the game’s trailers and cutscenes made a significant effort to show off her body, and a lot of her Heroes and Warriors dialogue is heavy on innuendo. But this doesn’t even amount to anything meaningful for her. Her character addresses no themes regarding sexuality and any time it attempts to it’s extremely shallow and borders on disgusting. Simply put, her character would be FAR better if you just outright removed the fanservice aspect from her and focused entirely on her other traits. She doesn’t gain anything from the developers trying to nudge us while saying “Hey, check out how hot this chick is.” Such an integral part of her design that was and still is EXTREMELY prominent in advertising is something that Camilla would ultimately just be better off without.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope we get some word on expanding the 3* pool or demoting existing units into it.

That would be nice.  I'm not at the limit yet, but it's always good to have room to expand.

She had axes and tomes in her default class.  She needed to class change for lances.  If Camilla wins, I hope they keep her as a Tome Flier.  We still need a non-seasonal flier mage.

Lucina had to promote to use lances. Lyn had to promote to use bows.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina had to promote to use lances. Lyn had to promote to use bows.

Camilla is a prepromote already with her two canon weapons.  Lucina and Lyn had those weapons in their canon promotions.

That quote up there is pretty much why I don't like Camilla at all.

Anyway, I did make a Bingo card! I hope the colors are okay. I didn't want to just leave it white since I like color. :P

Spoiler

FehChannelBingo.png

Summer Freddy is there because he has a good shot of being on the next legendary banner which has a good chance of being shown.